Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3086210 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #10488: Jul 19, 2013 05:55:50 pm
      why bring Rafa into this its got f**k all to do with him.
      Brendan is now in his second year has his own players and his own ideas Rafa doesn't have anything to do with how Brendan does.

Read back through this thread and see how many times Rafa (or Kenny for that matter) was brought up and you'll see that was exactly my point. Off your meds there Walton?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #10489: Jul 19, 2013 06:17:32 pm
      Read back through this thread and see how many times Rafa (or Kenny for that matter) was brought up and you'll see that was exactly my point. Off your meds there Walton?
      don't try and be a superfan from 6000 miles away it doesn't work.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #10490: Jul 19, 2013 06:24:15 pm

And there, the true colours have been shown.

It doesn't matter how far away someone lives if they support the club with the passion that FL Red has.

That was a cuntish statement.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #10491: Jul 19, 2013 06:24:20 pm

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #10492: Jul 19, 2013 06:27:03 pm

Bravo for playing the "I'm a better fan because I'm local" card.

Well played.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #10493: Jul 19, 2013 06:34:48 pm

Well played.
      you can't hide from the truth and the truth is using Kenny's and Rafa's name in threads that do not concern them only inflames the forum.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #10494: Jul 19, 2013 06:36:33 pm
      you can't hide from the truth and the truth is using Kenny's and Rafa's name in threads that do not concern them only inflames the forum.

Do I need to go back through this thread to show where you have done that very thing in this very thread sir?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #10495: Jul 19, 2013 06:39:01 pm

Well you do it often enough when it suits you, and I'm still trying to work out what the F**k that has to do with FL Red being however many miles away.

It was out of order, and you know it, so back up fella.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #10496: Jul 19, 2013 09:01:01 pm
      Well you do it often enough when it suits you, and I'm still trying to work out what the f**k that has to do with FL Red being however many miles away.

It was out of order, and you know it, so back up fella.
      still being a prize one on so many different threads.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #10497: Jul 19, 2013 09:03:37 pm
      still being a prize one on so many different threads.

Pots and kettles fella.

What's wrong, don't like being shown to be a hypocrite?

You can't have it both ways fella, either people are allowed (in your mind) to bring up previous managers or they're not.
      If they're not (according to you) then you should practice what you preach.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #10498: Jul 19, 2013 10:08:00 pm
      How did one or two simple comments turn in to something so stupid and nasty. All of use need to wise up a bit. Lets keep the knives away.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,223 posts | 3394 
      Reply #10499: Jul 19, 2013 10:13:08 pm
      How did one or two simple comments turn in to something so stupid and nasty. All of use need to wise up a bit. Lets keep the knives away.

Bollocks.

We need a good ding-dong, keep going boys!!!!!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #10500: Jul 19, 2013 10:15:15 pm
      Bollocks.

We need a good ding-dong, keep going boys!!!!!

:D

Ever the peacemaker Billy!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,223 posts | 3394 
      Reply #10501: Jul 19, 2013 10:26:04 pm

This heat isn't giving me any peace so I don't see why anybody else should be in peace :laugh:
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #10502: Jul 19, 2013 10:28:22 pm

Well played.
      Doesn't surprise me one bit. Walton is not the only one here.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #10503: Jul 19, 2013 10:56:29 pm
      Great words from the Boss, hopefully Ian Ayre and FSG feel the same way.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #10504: Jul 20, 2013 01:26:34 am

I have a feeling this is all Brendan Rodgers tenure as Liverpool manager will be remembered for.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #10505: Jul 20, 2013 06:04:59 am
      What are the odds on the phrase "work in progress" appearing in the post-match interview after our first loss this season?
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #10506: Jul 20, 2013 06:58:49 am
      What are the odds on the phrase "work in progress" appearing in the post-match interview after our first loss this season?

Probably quite low since we are a work in progress - what's your point?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #10507: Jul 22, 2013 08:11:31 pm
      There's something about Brendan Rodgers that just seems to attract me to him.

I have my doubts about his capabilities and his way of thinking sometimes, the same as many other supporters do but there's just this gut feeling i have that tells me this man is right for the job.

It may sound a silly reason for some of you but it is as simple as this for me. He is one of us. By us of course, i mean he is of our class. The working class i mean.

When i read about how his mother and father brought him up it reminds me of how i was brought up. The values of working hard and appreciating and respecting what you have. The values i was taught as a kid, the values i am now teaching my kids.

He has an affinity with me as i do with him. We are cut from the same cloth. He has worked his bollocks off to get to this Club and whatever anyone says he deserves this chance. He has earned this chance.

He's working under difficult circumstances here yet not once have you heard him whinge or moan about wanting loads of money. When he has required something he's gone about it in a diplomatic and dignified way, while still maintaining respect. He knows how to deal with people.

A friend of mine who is close to his son Anton told me about something that happened when Thatcher died. I won't go into detail about it but you can guess what it was.

Sometimes it is these little things that make you realise he really is one of us. What he's been taught and where he has come from are all to do with what we are and what we stand for as a family and as a Football Club.

The results have been hard this Season and at times i've been angry at Rodgers, angry at the owners and angry at the players.

The thing is this, when you know in your heart of hearts that this man is one of us and that this man has the same values as us, then you'll stand next to him, watch his back and fight for him.

Well i will.   

I remember people making comparisons with him and Shankly when they heard him speak during the first weeks of his appointment. Before people go mad at that I know you've got to 'walk the walk' before you 'talk the talk' so to speak and I didn't jump on that bandwagon myself.

Looking at a quote from Shanks though just now, I couldn't help thinking that if I read it in a few years and didn't know it was from the great man it could quite easily have been said by Brendan with exception to the reference of Huddersfield:

"I realised that although that this was a challenge which everything within me urged me to take up, nevertheless it was a gamble as Liverpool supporters would only accept one thing - success.

I was, at that time, leading as peaceful a life as any football manager can lead in the comparatively sheltered calm of Huddersfield.

Was I to step out of this into the cauldron-like atmosphere of Anfield to undertake a task which, however much I put into it, could end in failure?

Nobody can guarantee success and certainly not quick success, yet it seemed to me that the latter was being demanded and therefore the risk was doubled....

.....From what I had heard and seen, I decided that even if the risk I was taking was great, it was nevertheless a calculated risk because I am an ambitious man and I knew that the Liverpool club and its supporters were ambitious too. We were therefore sharing a mutual feeling."

Rodgers has much better resources than Shanks had, of which is testament to the great man himself and what he built, but I can't help hoping that Brendan was thinking similarly to Shanks when he took over with regards to the supporters.

I'm sure he was.

Shanks certainly didn't have the resources that Brendan has got but I'll go out on a limb and say he had nowhere near the pressure that Brendan has now.

Bill Shankly got us going and he is without doubt everything I see when I think 'Liverpool Football Club' before I was born. The supporters had a Messiah with Shankly and ever since he resigned we have all been drunk on success whilst enjoying the fruits of his labour. We've seen legends on and off the field come and go whilst seeing the club's support expand on a huge scale across the globe.

Shankly had bollocks to take on such a huge job with support that demanded so much.

No matter what you think of Brendan Rodgers you cannot deny that he has bollocks made out of titanium to take a job on with a support that now demands so much more.

Everytime a doubt creeps into my head about Brendan I like to remind myself this.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #10508: Jul 22, 2013 08:14:26 pm
      No matter what you think of Brendan Rodgers you cannot deny that he has bollocks made out of titanium to take a job on with a support that now demands so much more.

True.

He also had the balls to turn down the interview as he wanted to be the number one target for the job.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #10509: Jul 22, 2013 08:18:13 pm
      Brendan also had to know that "success" as it pertains to the LFC supporter means either EPL title or CL titles. So it's not like it will be enough for him to only get us into CL or have us in the running for the title....I would assume he knows he has to WIN both, not just compete for both.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #10510: Jul 22, 2013 08:20:37 pm
      I remember people making comparisons with him and Shankly when they heard him speak during the first weeks of his appointment. Before people go mad at that I know you've got to 'walk the walk' before you 'talk the talk' so to speak and I didn't jump on that bandwagon myself.

Looking at a quote from Shanks though just now, I couldn't help thinking that if I read it in a few years and didn't know it was from the great man it could quite easily have been said by Brendan with exception to the reference of Huddersfield:

"I realised that although that this was a challenge which everything within me urged me to take up, nevertheless it was a gamble as Liverpool supporters would only accept one thing - success.

I was, at that time, leading as peaceful a life as any football manager can lead in the comparatively sheltered calm of Huddersfield.

Was I to step out of this into the cauldron-like atmosphere of Anfield to undertake a task which, however much I put into it, could end in failure?

Nobody can guarantee success and certainly not quick success, yet it seemed to me that the latter was being demanded and therefore the risk was doubled....

.....From what I had heard and seen, I decided that even if the risk I was taking was great, it was nevertheless a calculated risk because I am an ambitious man and I knew that the Liverpool club and its supporters were ambitious too. We were therefore sharing a mutual feeling."

Rodgers has much better resources than Shanks had, of which is testament to the great man himself and what he built, but I can't help hoping that Brendan was thinking similarly to Shanks when he took over with regards to the supporters.

I'm sure he was.

Shanks certainly didn't have the resources that Brendan has got but I'll go out on a limb and say he had nowhere near the pressure that Brendan has now.

Bill Shankly got us going and he is without doubt everything I see when I think 'Liverpool Football Club' before I was born. The supporters had a Messiah with Shankly and ever since he resigned we have all been drunk on success whilst enjoying the fruits of his labour. We've seen legends on and off the field come and go whilst seeing the club's support expand on a huge scale across the globe.

Shankly had bollocks to take on such a huge job with support that demanded so much.

Everytime a doubt creeps into my head about Brendan I like to remind myself this.

Good Post WAHS

Quick Reply