Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047882 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #18952: Nov 01, 2014 08:40:08 am
      Muelensteen applies for job. Sorry. Criticises Rodgers:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/29859691

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is paying the price for not strengthening his backroom staff, according to former Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen.
      Liverpool are nine points off league leaders Chelsea and have lost their last two Champions League group games.
      Meulensteen, first-team coach at Manchester United for five years, says Rodgers has made mistakes.
      "Brendan Rodgers's biggest failure is that he's not invested in his staff," Meulensteen told BBC Radio 5 live.
      Meulensteen, 50, was a key member of Sir Alex Ferguson's backroom team at Old Trafford.
      He helped United win three Premier League titles, one Champions League, two League Cups and one Club World Cup while first-team coach between 2008-13.
      The Dutchman, who was in charge of Fulham for just two months before he was replaced in February, believes Rodgers should have strengthened his backroom team after the Reds secured a Champions League return after finishing second in the Premier League last season.
      Colin Pascoe is Rodgers's assistant while Mike Marsh is first-team coach.
      Meulensteen said Rodgers should have appointed someone with Champions League experience before the start of the season.
      "He has got there because of his philosophy and I rate him for that," he added.

"He has obviously got people around him who he obviously thinks are the right ones.
      "But I think he could have done with someone who has been there, seen it and done it.
      "Playing in the Premier League and the Champions League, it's a different rhythm that requires a different style of training and a different management strategy through the week. You need to know these things."
      Former striker Robbie Fowler, who scored 171 goals in 330 games for Liverpool, told BBC Radio 5 live: "In Brendan's eyes he has the right people at the club.
      "Brendan is comfortable with his staff. He has Mike Marsh, who was brought up at Liverpool and knows everything about the club.
      "And he has Colin Pascoe, who he has worked with for years. He's comfortable with them."
      Meanwhile, Fowler wants midfielder Steven Gerrard to see out his playing career at Anfield.
      Skipper Gerrard, 34, said he could join another club next summer if Liverpool do not offer him a new contract.
      "Speaking from a selfish point of view, I love Steven Gerrard and I'd love him to stay at Liverpool," said Fowler.
      "It's like Ryan Giggs at Manchester United - players come into the club and are instantly lifted by seeing Gerrard.
      "He might not be as good as he used to be but he's still a class act.
      "The common consensus is that he will go abroad if he did leave Anfield, but if he did become available I think clubs in the Premier League would want him. He's still that good a player."

Beat me by 9 seconds, but I was busy making mine pretty.  ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #18953: Nov 01, 2014 08:42:38 am
      Next post I'll be slating Gerrard for the car he drives and then you can call me a hypocrite.

That wouldn't surprise me either now mate :)

Nah, you can't defend Rodgers for what he said (which was a lot worse than anything Gerrard has said ) and then call Gerrard for what he has said. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #18954: Nov 01, 2014 08:44:33 am
      Beat me by 9 seconds, but I was busy making mine pretty.

I posted the same article but in the right thread a while ago :)

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #18955: Nov 01, 2014 08:44:36 am
      . I have no freeking idea who Rene Meulensteen is, except a lacky, and a failure.

He lasted two months at fecking Fulham. Ha. Obviously, he couldn't find the "rhythm" of the PL with his Fulham side.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18956: Nov 01, 2014 08:45:09 am

Indeed. The pros and cons of mobile posting.
      up faster, but not layed out pretty.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #18957: Nov 01, 2014 08:47:03 am

:)

Racer, sort out the premature postulation please ;)

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #18958: Nov 01, 2014 08:48:49 am
      That wouldn't surprise me either now mate :)

Nah, you can't defend Rodgers for what he said (which was a lot worse than anything Gerrard has said ) and then call Gerrard for what he has said.

Where did I defend something Rodgers said in the post you originally quoted?

There was nothing wrong with what Gerrard said either, I just don't think it needed to be made public.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #18959: Nov 01, 2014 08:52:44 am
      Where did I defend something Rodgers said in the post you originally quoted?

There was nothing wrong with what Gerrard said either, I just don't think it needed to be made public.

It wasn't in the post I quoted that you defended Brendan mate.... just in a lot of your previous posts.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #18960: Nov 01, 2014 08:57:46 am
      It wasn't in the post I quoted that you defended Brendan mate.... just in a lot of your previous posts.

I think you're clutching at straws with this one mate, if you are suggesting I was overly & needlessly critical of Gerrard.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #18961: Nov 01, 2014 09:01:14 am
      I think you're clutching at straws with this one mate, if you are suggesting I was overly & needlessly critical of Gerrard.

I never said that mate ... just hypocritical pulling Gerrard up on what he said when you defended vociferously and vehemently (and a few more words beginning with V  :))  Brendan on what he said.

Anyway I will leave it there.... I am sure your own conscience will do the rest !
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #18962: Nov 01, 2014 09:20:25 am
      I never said that mate ... just hypocritical pulling Gerrard up on what he said when you defended vociferously and vehemently (and a few more words beginning with V  :))  Brendan on what he said.

Anyway I will leave it there.... I am sure your own conscience will do the rest !

If I make a habit to seek out and constantly slate (which I never did here by the way) Gerrard and do this on a regular basis simply because I don't like him, or think that he doesn't deserve to play for LFC, then you'd be right. But as i have said before you've clutched at straws with this one by trying to pull me up on a folly point. Store this critique of Gerrard in your memory bank (I'm sure you will  :)) and have it at hand the next time I call Gerrard out, and then you'll have a grip on the tail end of the longest straw.

« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2014 09:37:07 am by Beerbelly »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18963: Nov 01, 2014 09:29:02 am

Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool boss criticised by Rene Meulensteen

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is paying the price for not strengthening his backroom staff, according to former Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen.
      Liverpool are nine points off league leaders Chelsea and have lost their last two Champions League group games.
      Meulensteen, first-team coach at Manchester United for five years, says Rodgers has made mistakes.
      "Brendan Rodgers's biggest failure is that he's not invested in his staff," Meulensteen told BBC Radio 5 live.
      Meulensteen, 50, was a key member of Sir Alex Ferguson's backroom team at Old Trafford.
      He helped United win three Premier League titles, one Champions League, two League Cups and one Club World Cup while first-team coach between 2008-13.
      The Dutchman, who was in charge of Fulham for just two months before he was replaced in February, believes Rodgers should have strengthened his backroom team after the Reds secured a Champions League return after finishing second in the Premier League last season.
      Meulensteen said Rodgers should have appointed someone with Champions League experience before the start of the season.

"He has obviously got people around him who he obviously thinks are the right ones.
      "But I think he could have done with someone who has been there, seen it and done it.
      "Playing in the Premier League and the Champions League, it's a different rhythm that requires a different style of training and a different management strategy through the week.
      You need to know these things."
      Former striker Robbie Fowler, who scored 171 goals in 330 games for Liverpool, told BBC Radio 5 live: "In Brendan's eyes he has the right people at the club.
      "Brendan is comfortable with his staff. He has Mike Marsh, who was brought up at Liverpool and knows everything about the club.
      "And he has Colin Pascoe, who he has worked with for years. He's comfortable with them."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29859691
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #18964: Nov 01, 2014 09:42:00 am

"Playing in the Premier League and the Champions League, it's a different rhythm that requires a different style of training and a different management strategy through the week. You need to know these things."
      Meanwhile, Fowler wants midfielder Steven Gerrard to see out his playing career at Anfield.
      Skipper Gerrard, 34, said he could join another club next summer if Liverpool do not offer him a new contract.
      "Speaking from a selfish point of view, I love Steven Gerrard and I'd love him to stay at Liverpool," said Fowler.
      "It's like Ryan Giggs at Manchester United - players come into the club and are instantly lifted by seeing Gerrard.
      "The common consensus is that he will go abroad if he did leave Anfield, but if he did become available I think clubs in the Premier League would want him. He's still that good a player."

Posted just in case someone hasn't seen it.  :D
      « Last Edit: Nov 01, 2014 10:09:29 am by Beerbelly »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18965: Nov 01, 2014 10:01:56 am
      :roll:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #18966: Nov 01, 2014 10:16:14 am

Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool boss criticised by Rene Meulensteen

"Playing in the Premier League and the Champions League, it's a different rhythm that requires a different style of training and a different management strategy through the week.
      You need to know these things."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29859691

Hahaha the soft b***ard fails to mention the F***ing mess Slur Alex Pisshead left the mancs in by failing to address the vintage squad he left his successor.
      Moyes was appointed by the pisshead himself of course essentially to take the bullets for the Pisshead's lack of professionalism and being pissed on duty.
      The distraction worked and Moyes bridged the gap between Ferguson and a ''potentialy successfulish'' manager without taking the flack for the bag of sh*te he left at Old Twatford.
      And the F***ing idiots still worship the arl pisshead.

Pot, kettle, black and bollocks spring to mind. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18967: Nov 01, 2014 10:21:56 am
      Hahaha the soft b***ard fails to mention the f**king mess Slur Alex Pisshead left the mancs in by failing to address the vintage squad he left his successor.
      Moyes was appointed by the pisshead himself of course essentially to take the bullets for the Pisshead's lack of professionalism and being pissed on duty.
      The distraction worked and Moyes bridged the gap between Ferguson and a ''potentialy successfulish'' manager without taking the flack for the bag of sh*te he left at Old Twatford.
      And the f**king idiots still worship the arl pisshead.   

Good take on it Stu. ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #18968: Nov 01, 2014 10:25:20 am
      Hahaha the soft b***ard fails to mention the f**king mess Slur Alex Pisshead left the mancs in by failing to address the vintage squad he left his successor.
      And the f**king idiots still worship the arl pisshead.   

the guy is an arrogant tw*t (surprise I know) who in a recent interview tried to take most of the credit for Christiano Ronaldo, he's desperate to get a job, it seems the fergie recommendation doesn't carry the credibilty it used to !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #18969: Nov 01, 2014 11:16:26 am
      Jokin Aperribay president of Real Sociedad is reported to be in London in discussion with Moyes about managing his club, Moyes is reported to have rejected initial advances from the Sociedad but would consider a U-turn should the right deal be put on the table.
      If it comes off Ferguson's F**k up will be exposed and soft lad's criticism of BR will be seen for what it's worth.
      Moyes would not have the bag of sh*te to juggle he had at Old Twatford and would piss on Ferguson from a great height. 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/408021/Real-Sociedad-London-ex-Man-Utd-David-Moyes
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #18970: Nov 01, 2014 11:37:53 am
      Now the latest one to damn Rodgers is the Gerrard talk, (which I don't think the captain needed to make public) he'll either offer Gerrard a contract and get lambasted for keeping the captain on in merit as he has now become a problem in the midfield with his 'old legs'. Or he'll get dragged from pillar to post if he were to let him go.... 'you can't do that to an iconic legend!'

I think you're right here Beer in that whatever Brendan does with Stevie will not please some.

I'm happy either way but of I had to choose I'd be wanting him offered a new contract.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #18971: Nov 01, 2014 11:40:52 am

Posted just in case someone hasn't seen it.  :D

What Muelensteen doesn't take into account is that Ferguson wasn't a coach and needed people to coach his sides. Brendan is very much the coach at our club and therefore his backroom staff naturally play a more background role.

Its why I've never been one to call for him to bring in another coach. Brendan takes the training and is hands on so I think if you don't think we are being coached properly you have to lay that blame with the boss and not Pascoe and Marsh.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #18972: Nov 01, 2014 11:56:50 am
      What Muelensteen doesn't take into account is that Ferguson wasn't a coach and needed people to coach his sides. Brendan is very much the coach at our club and therefore his backroom staff naturally play a more background role.

Its why I've never been one to call for him to bring in another coach. Brendan takes the training and is hands on so I think if you don't think we are being coached properly you have to lay that blame with the boss and not Pascoe and Marsh.
      For Meulensteen to attempt any comparison with BR is laughable.

Fazakerley Si, in his last season at the shithole Ferguson was setting up his retirement pot with multiple autobiographies (again not his own work as the word implies) and trips around the globe promoting his burgeoning racehorse stable, the irony of him being allowed to appoint a successor is much appreciated by the vast majority of the footballing world. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,775 posts | 6724 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18973: Nov 01, 2014 11:57:13 am
      Who the F**k is this Rene Meulensteen and why does anyone give a F**k what he says?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #18974: Nov 01, 2014 11:59:22 am

So I can blame Brendan for the fact we can't defend set pieces ?

Quick Reply