Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3048706 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #22885: Dec 22, 2014 07:10:01 am
      Wish it was that simple, some will slaughter him anyway..

Win all the games in the world and he'd still fill up at the wrong petrol station or use the wrong tooth paste

Jon I know it is in days gone by long  long  ago but I do not recall Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan getting criticised. On the other hand I do recall Bill Shankly and Kenny Dalglish  getting criticised when we lost games and compared to Brendan they were very successful managers of this club.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22886: Dec 22, 2014 07:32:47 am
      Jon I know it is in days gone by long  long  ago but I do not recall Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan getting criticised. On the other hand I do recall Bill Shankly and Kenny Dalglish  getting criticised when we lost games and compared to Brendan they were very successful managers of this club.

I remember Kenny's stints as manager and he never got criticised for the petty sh*te Brendan does for off field things.. Neither did Roy (Evans),GH or Rafa..
      No issues with on the pitch stuff but the petty crap Brendan gets is embarrassing..

His role as as Liverpool football club manager, our club should afford him the respect not to get that type of sh*te from small minded fans who simply don't like him

Criticise him for tactical decisions and his role is transfers by all means.. I have and will continue
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22887: Dec 22, 2014 07:45:19 am
      I remember Kenny's stints as manager and he never got criticised for the petty sh*te Brendan does for off field things.. Neither did Roy (Evans),GH or Rafa..
      No issues with on the pitch stuff but the petty crap Brendan gets is embarrassing..

His role as as Liverpool football club manager, our club should afford him the respect not to get that type of sh*te from small minded fans who simply don't like him

Criticise him for tactical decisions and his role is transfers by all means.. I have and will continue

My criticism of Brendan are totally football related and I could be wrong but I doubt if I have posted any criticism relating to any other matter. I still think he has a long way to go before he can be considered a success at Liverpool Football Club. You and I can both agree or disagree on what is classed as a success but that is our prerogative but as supporters we wish for the club to be successful on the field.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22888: Dec 22, 2014 07:52:44 am
      My criticism of Brendan are totally football related and I could be wrong but I doubt if I have posted any criticism relating to any other matter. I still think he has a long way to go before he can be considered a success at Liverpool Football Club. You and I can both agree or disagree on what is classed as a success but that is our prerogative but as supporters we wish for the club to be successful on the field.

You think we will disagree on what's deemed success for the football club?
      I doubt it

I said some will criticise him no matter, and they will Billy..
      It's embarrassing really

Anyway

You know what? I'm looking forward to the second half of the season, you can see the confidence slowly coming back, hopefully the manager has learnt from the errors he made earlier in the season and he simply fucks off the strikers who were brought in that don't suit and were stifling our play, it's so obvious we look more comfortable with the fluid movement of the attacking players we possess

The midfield looked far more comfortable yesterday with this

Gerrard          Lucas

Coutinho         Lallana

Those tucked in narrow, picking little spaces in between Arsenal's lines worked very well in principle...

Stick Sturridge up top, you have Raheem then to play in rotation with Lallana and Coutinho or even at wing back.. Teams will find it difficult to live with us again

It's far from perfect, it's taken a while for the gaffer to find a way to fit the new lads in but he seems to have found it currently

The second half of the season could be an exciting one, let's hope we haven't left ourselves too much to do, but with our best out there and full of confidence we are still better than the majority of this league

Go balls out boss, we may lose the odd one but if we begin the click we will blow most off the park again

Next 5 are key, all winnable
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2014 08:32:37 am by Paisleydalglish »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #22889: Dec 22, 2014 08:22:09 am
      On times the Arsenal game was reminiscent of how we played last season.

Full credit to the Gaffer, it's taken time but he's now compensating for losing two world class strikers.

This is what happens when you don't pull the trigger on your manager. It's early days yet but he's going to get it right.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22890: Dec 22, 2014 08:52:13 am
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30570457

We are going to get the top four says Rodgers .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22891: Dec 22, 2014 08:53:15 am

Exactly Right .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22892: Dec 22, 2014 08:57:03 am
      My criticism of Brendan are totally football related and I could be wrong but I doubt if I have posted any criticism relating to any other matter.

I still think he has a long way to go before he can be considered a success at Liverpool Football Club.

You and I can both agree or disagree on what is classed as a success but that is our prerogative but as supporters we wish for the club to be successful on the field.

FULL Quote.

Fixed that for you to make you happy.

Snipers will snipe ... and all that. ..   lad.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22893: Dec 22, 2014 09:07:58 am
      'ello lads.  :D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #22894: Dec 22, 2014 09:21:38 am
      Optimistic. Personally I think it can be done but it's going to take a good few runs from now on. It's no margin for error time.

Maybe with Studge back and a new January signing we can peg it back. I can't see Soton and West Ham lasting the course, and there's just no way the manc's luck will hold out. No way.

Spurs? Arsenal? Not much better than us right now; there for catching.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22895: Dec 22, 2014 09:25:15 am
      Optimistic. Personally I think it can be done but it's going to take a good few runs from now on. It's no margin for error time.

Maybe with Studge back and a new January signing we can peg it back. I can't see Soton and West Ham lasting the course, and there's just no way the manc's luck will hold out. No way.

Spurs? Arsenal? Not much better than us right now; there for catching.

He's not going to say anything else really, I think he believes it, I hope he is telling the lads every day they can still do it

4th isn't away from us.. Yet, but we need to string a load of results together to do it

We have players to do that though.

Could be an exciting second half to the season.
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2014 09:44:13 am by Paisleydalglish »
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #22896: Dec 22, 2014 09:43:08 am
      I think that 4th is still on for us but only just - and we can't afford for anything further to go wrong with Sturridge this season.

In truth, Arsenal were absolutely woeful at winning the ball back yesterday; they just played too many attacking midfielders who failed to press and harry as a unit.

The 1343 will suit us well and Sturridge must be licking his lips at the thought of leading that line. It's a difficult formation to pull off but it worked wonders for Napoli in the past and for Martinez's Wigan a couple of seasons ago. Brendan tried the 1352 prevoiously but it wasn't that great for us. The characteristic of this formation is that it either works very well or absoultely terribly - there is little middle ground so much kudos to him for attempting it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22897: Dec 22, 2014 10:48:49 am
      Turn of the year I expect us to be putting in similar performances as we did last year, you can see it creeping into our game now, all we need to do is cut out the mistakes at the back and start putting our chances away.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #22898: Dec 22, 2014 10:54:50 am
      Anyone else noticed how after the last two matches, those who have been slaughtering Rodgers all season are suddenly no where to be seen in this thread?

No doubt they'll be back and angrier than ever at the first sign of trouble. It's really sad. I really don't like the attitude from some on here where as soon as we defend BR in any capacity, we're accused immediately of having no ambition, accepting mediocracy, not understanding the great history of the club and bla bla bla.

We're just analysing what we see on the pitch, and god knows we criticise BR when we see what's wrong, but I stand by the fact that I believe BR is a very good manager. My biggest frustration and criticism of him has been that he's been picking the wrong players, and playing tactics that does not suit his style. I've wanted him to go back to basics, and start playing us in the attacking style with tactics designed to dominate midfield for a while and I'm glad he's doing that.

Early days, but the signs are good.

My only other worry is that we seem to be pinning too much hope on Studge. There's no guarantee he will be back in January and who knows how long he will take to get back to his best. I'd personally cut our losses on Balo, and also sell Borini. Try to get a more reliable striker in January. Those two are simply not scoring, so what could we lose in risking a new player?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #22899: Dec 22, 2014 10:57:10 am
      n truth, Arsenal were absolutely woeful at winning the ball back yesterday; they just played too many attacking midfielders who failed to press and harry as a unit

I think that was partly down to them not being good enough, but a lot of credit has to go to BR for the line up. We dominated midfield and simply kept posession. Didn't give them a whiff.

So disappointed with the goals conceded, Arseface did not deserve them.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #22900: Dec 22, 2014 11:00:15 am
      BR made no mistake in a match against Arsenal,he did the job there!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #22901: Dec 22, 2014 11:31:21 am
      You think we will disagree on what's deemed success for the football club?
      I doubt it

I said some will criticise him no matter, and they will Billy..
      It's embarrassing really

Anyway

You know what? I'm looking forward to the second half of the season, you can see the confidence slowly coming back, hopefully the manager has learnt from the errors he made earlier in the season and he simply fucks off the strikers who were brought in that don't suit and were stifling our play, it's so obvious we look more comfortable with the fluid movement of the attacking players we possess

The midfield looked far more comfortable yesterday with this

Gerrard          Lucas

Coutinho         Lallana

Those tucked in narrow, picking little spaces in between Arsenal's lines worked very well in principle...

Stick Sturridge up top, you have Raheem then to play in rotation with Lallana and Coutinho or even at wing back.. Teams will find it difficult to live with us again

It's far from perfect, it's taken a while for the gaffer to find a way to fit the new lads in but he seems to have found it currently

The second half of the season could be an exciting one, let's hope we haven't left ourselves too much to do, but with our best out there and full of confidence we are still better than the majority of this league

Go balls out boss, we may lose the odd one but if we begin the click we will blow most off the park again

Next 5 are key, all winnable

As far as our owners are concerned the manager is an intermediate between them and the flak.
      There are those who have it all day and would strive to convince of their affected views, the misinformed are among the number and of course the miscreants from shittier forms keep gnawing away.
      The above are acting out the scapegoating role to perfection to one degree or another, such conduct is only detrimental to LFC on an ascending scale.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22902: Dec 22, 2014 12:07:29 pm
      The obvious answer for Brendan Rodgers is to continually field a team that can go out and win matches and he will not get slaughtered.

This
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22903: Dec 22, 2014 12:12:16 pm
      Interestingly i was watching the weekend round up of highlights and a handful of teams played three at the back. At least three or four.

If Brendan had a striker we'd be ok. He has placed a lot of faith in Sturridge getting fit for the rest of the season. Hope thats not indication we aren't going to sign someone in January but wouldnt be surprised given we signed two in the summer.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22904: Dec 22, 2014 12:28:58 pm
      Anyone else noticed how after the last two matches, those who have been slaughtering Rodgers all season are suddenly no where to be seen in this thread?

Like me you mean? I give credit where its due and scorn where its due, I'm fair. I think we've been playing much better the last few games, its very encouraging, but I still think Brendan is being to proud for his own good, for example playing Brad Jones makes no logical sense to me, as bad as Migs has been he is till much much better than Brad Jones and keeping him out of the team must be killing Migs's already fragile confidence, its terrible man management from Brendan. I also thought the substitutions were a bit weird yesterday, we were completely bossing Arsenal then he took off one of our main threats in Markovitch, who btw I have always said would come good, contrary to many on here.
      Overall many many positives but lets get Migs back in the side and please for th elove of God can a) Sturridge get fit again and b) us bring in a top top striker in January, if we do this I still think we'll comfortably get 4th spot.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #22905: Dec 22, 2014 12:52:09 pm
      Like me you mean? I give credit where its due and scorn where its due, I'm fair. I think we've been playing much better the last few games, its very encouraging, but I still think Brendan is being to proud for his own good, for example playing Brad Jones makes no logical sense to me, as bad as Migs has been he is till much much better than Brad Jones and keeping him out of the team must be killing Migs's already fragile confidence, its terrible man management from Brendan. I also thought the substitutions were a bit weird yesterday, we were completely bossing Arsenal then he took off one of our main threats in Markovitch, who btw I have always said would come good, contrary to many on here.
      Overall many many positives but lets get Migs back in the side and please for th elove of God can a) Sturridge get fit again and b) us bring in a top top striker in January, if we do this I still think we'll comfortably get 4th spot.

Actually I think you've always been fairly well grounded mate. I don't remember you posting anything outright disrespectful against him, just been critical of his decisions, which is absolutely fair enough.

I don't agree with the Migs point though, I don't think BR is making a point about him, I think Carra was right when he said Migs should be dropped for his own sake. He has looked so nervous, so short in confidence, that to keep playing him was probably doig more damage than good. We don't know the ins and outs of it obviously, but I reckong he's been allowed a break to build up his confidence again.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #22906: Dec 22, 2014 02:09:35 pm

It'll be difficult. The lowest points tally for 4th place since England gained four Champions League places is 67 points (Arsenal, I forget the year). That means we have 45 points to make up out of sixteen games which works out at 2.8 points per game. In other words, we need to win all but one remaining game. That being said, I can very much see this year's 4th place finish setting a new record for low points tally so it is entirely within the realms of possibility. But we do need one hell of a run.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #22907: Dec 22, 2014 02:15:18 pm
      It'll be difficult. The lowest points tally for 4th place since England gained four Champions League places is 67 points (Arsenal, I forget the year). That means we have 45 points to make up out of sixteen games which works out at 2.8 points per game.

It's more like 45 points out of 21 games mate, so 63 points available. More like 2.14 points per game. Doable in my view, especially with the shower of sh*t around us. Don't even ask how scum are in top 4.

Quick Reply