Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3074539 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #30751: May 25, 2015 10:59:25 pm
      If Klopp, Ancellotti and Rafa are out, which they soon possibly could be, then Rodgers falling on his sword would not be a good thing.

Selling Luis without a replacement lined up. Wanting to sell Sterling without quality replacement lined up. We should NOT sack BR, or expect him to resign, and expect that to be a good thing without ALREADY having lined someone better up. We're learning that the hard way.

On the dressing room - very easy to say he's lost it. But I'm not aware of any evidence for it apart from sh*t performances (and at Stoke we saw some catastrophic individual mistakes). One doesn't necessarily imply the other, or mean that it can't be turned around. A few astute signings, if players can SEE improvements being made, a reversal can happen quickly. Last seasons brilliant run came out of the blue - very few would've predicted it.  Accept we had Luis and Studge in top form - but the point is, things can change VERY quickly.

If the names mentioned above are ruled out, the tide could change back to BR. Unless FSG can bring someone in who is BETTER than BR (in various categories, experience, able to attract players etc) then they should not fire him.  And if that's the case, and BR stays as manager, would expect fans to bury their differences, get behind him, and not start shitting on him from on high at the first sign of trouble.

Now now, this is not the place for such sensible musings...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #30752: May 25, 2015 11:00:10 pm
      'Potentially' - imo that's not enough. 'Potential' is a big part of what got us where we are, player-wise anyway. Instead of proven, experienced winners.

All the names mentioned to replace BR were big managerial names, experienced, proven guys, big stage blokes who may be able to attract quality players (whether they would have the money is something else).  But if those names start becoming unavailable ... it's a MUCH bigger risk moving onto the next category of guys who 'might' be better.

And again - even if a 'BIG' name mgr is linked with us - don't think FSG can fire BR until one of the big beast is definitely signed and sealed.

Judging what we've witnessed this season I'm not convinced it's as big a risk as you make out mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #30753: May 25, 2015 11:01:19 pm
      I have a feeling one of them is Can who has stated on many times he is a midfielder and his performance certainly suggested a F**k you Rodgers.

A bit left field but bearing in mind he has thrown him under the bus for no reasons previously - Sakho.

So two of our best players then.

Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #30754: May 25, 2015 11:03:57 pm
      please just sack him at all costs, hes brought misery and shame to the club. made a mockery numerous times with his self obsessed self, tactical visionary my arse.

I actually feel for roy because he at least a) tried b) was honest and didnt pretend to be a fraud...I'll have nothing but bitter feelings towards brenda
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #30755: May 25, 2015 11:04:42 pm
      So two of our best players then.

Would sum up our season if true, completely bonkers!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30756: May 25, 2015 11:06:12 pm
      please just sack him at all costs, hes brought misery and shame to the club. made a mockery numerous times with his self obsessed self, tactical visionary my arse.

I actually feel for roy because he at least a) tried b) was honest and didnt pretend to be a fraud...I'll have nothing but bitter feelings towards brenda

Hope that's Mr Evans and not Mr OwlcuntfaceHodgson you're referring to?

I get the impression it's the latter in which case :lmao:
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #30757: May 25, 2015 11:07:32 pm

Felt sorry for Roy because he was honest and wasn't a fraud? Preferring him to Brendan?

Oh my god, this is comedy gold.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30758: May 25, 2015 11:09:32 pm
      Judging what we've witnessed this season I'm not convinced it's as big a risk as you make out mate.

I don't believe there would be any risk with replacing Rodgers providing we went the right way about identifying his replacement, there's loads of good managers out there with more pulling power than Rodgers and to be honest other than doing a Woy they couldn't do much worse than this season could they ?

I think the only real risk with replacing Rodgers comes for FSG as they may come across a whole load of managers who tell them to stick their transfer committee and their recruitment criteria up their collective arses, much like Roberto Martinez did.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #30759: May 25, 2015 11:11:11 pm
      I don't believe there would be any risk with replacing Rodgers providing we went the right way about identifying his replacement, there's loads of good managers out there with more pulling power than Rodgers and to be honest other than doing a Woy they couldn't do much worse than this season could they ?

I think the only real risk with replacing Rodgers comes for FSG as they may come across a whole load of managers who tell them to stick their transfer committee and their recruitment criteria up their collective arses, much like Roberto Martinez did.

Agree with all of this Daz.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30760: May 25, 2015 11:11:35 pm

Wonder how many of the 65% of people (or whatever the %age is want him sacked) think similarly ?!?! ... seriously
      Binomial - the theorem, right? Not even going to try figure that out...
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #30761: May 25, 2015 11:15:00 pm
      With kolo signing a new 1 year deal, I can only assume Brendan will keep his job, as Kolo is one of his signings, and plays in a position we obviously need to strengthen.
      Same old next season then !
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #30762: May 25, 2015 11:18:10 pm

You can spot a manc wind up merchant a mile off
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30763: May 25, 2015 11:18:24 pm
      Can't help but feel FSG will give him another season and I really doubt as to whether it will be any more of a success than this season.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30764: May 25, 2015 11:30:41 pm
      You can spot a manc wind up merchant a mile off

Was it the 18 posts, 15 months on the forum with 18 posts or the fact he pitied Roy Scott?
      HNLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #30765: May 25, 2015 11:35:51 pm
      Whilst I was on the fence about Rodgers, I've felt a real low since hearing that he'll be given another chance WITH no changes to the current set up.

Keeping Rodgers with a change to structure I could understand, but leaving things just how they are is worrying.

Change is needed.

As for Klopp, real madrid president Perez said this earlier: 'I hope that next week, we can announce the identity of our new coach'.

Now the way I read that is, we have a manager already, but can't announce that yet, until next week. Now, the German cup final is next weekend. So could this mean that Real are waiting for Klopp to have his final game at Dortmund before announcing him as manager? That's how I read it!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30766: May 25, 2015 11:46:26 pm
      Now, the German cup final is next weekend. So could this mean that Real are waiting for Klopp to have his final game at Dortmund before announcing him as manager? That's how I read it!

Does Klopp speak fluent Spanish as Perez also said the nest Madrid manager would speak fluent Spanish.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #30767: May 25, 2015 11:48:25 pm
      Whilst I was on the fence about Rodgers, I've felt a real low since hearing that he'll be given another chance WITH no changes to the current set up.

I'd take any current updates with a pinch of salt if I were you.

Not saying he will get fired but I'm not sure anyone really knows what's going on right now.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30768: May 25, 2015 11:49:16 pm
      Does Klopp speak fluent Spanish as Perez also said the nest Madrid manager would speak fluent Spanish.

No but a certain BR does!

Now that would be an unexpected twist, perhaps we can expect a £30m-£40m bid for the welsh Xavi? Things are looking up :D
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #30769: May 25, 2015 11:56:14 pm
      Was it the 18 posts, 15 months on the forum with 18 posts or the fact he pitied Roy Scott?

Neither, was more about the 'brought nothing but shame and misery to the club bullshi....t.' Sums up the modern day internet football fan. I'm blown away by the level of bitterness directed at the manager and the vocab of which is used to do it.
      Bosnian_Red
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #30770: May 26, 2015 12:05:15 am
      I can't really see him making any progress in club management and hope he will leave. I am not saying at all costs, but I would not trust him with a Fiver any more let alone giving him millions of pounds for recruitment. However, if FSG estimate that he still qualifies for the job, we are doomed.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #30771: May 26, 2015 12:06:37 am
      Don't know what to think right now, not felt this 'numb' about the club in a long time (maybe even ever). Just have no faith in anyone involved to sort things out and get us back on track.

Don't have any faith in Brendan fixing it if he's given another chance, no faith in the transfer committee to put in a better effort this season, and no faith in FSG making any footballing decisions which might actually benefit us on the pitch.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #30772: May 26, 2015 01:13:20 am

It is .   Sadly its true.   

Better not print it though.

Let the link do the work.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #30773: May 26, 2015 01:20:43 am
      It's so difficult to defend him after Sunday's result but I'm still with him.

There is absolutely no excuse for that performance or result on Sunday but the game meant very little. It was a friendly pretty much. Disgusting performance and result but luckily it meant very little to us a part from our pride taking another bashing. So pissed off with BR and our players though.

I don't think Brendan has lost the dressing room but I do think we have a couple of wankers in the squad. Obviously cannot blame him for Sunday but Sterling needs the boot ASAP. There are certainly a couple of individuals who only care about themselves and we need some team players who want to play for the shirt.

BR has another season for me until I start calling for him to be sacked. I refuse to believe we were a one man team last season. Last seasons performances have earnt him the right to address all our current problems and have a go at fixing them.

We've had a lot of bad luck this season with injuries and so on so I'm prepared to let him ship out half a dozen or so bad eggs and bring in couple of fresh faces and see where we are in May next year.

I very much doubt a big named manager would risk their reputation and take this job either. If we sack BR then I can only see another unproven inexperienced manager coming in so id rather stick with BR. I believe he will grow as a manager and win lots of silverware as a football manager whether it be at Liverpool or somewhere else.

Not excusing this woeful season at all though. Top four was a minimum requirement and he didn't get it. We had several opportunities to overtake the mancs and we bottled it every time. We bottled the Villa semi too. Not good enough BR.

Get Balotelli, Sterling, Lovren, Borini, Lambert on f**king eBay, build a whole new attack and get a f**king decent centre half in for once and lets go again next season.

One season left Brendan. Prove you are meant for Liverpool and we are meant for you.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015 09:50:16 am by HamannsTheMan »

Quick Reply