Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047165 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #31487: May 29, 2015 10:50:44 pm
      unlike some who know f**k all but don't realise it
      Well if they know f**k all it would only make sense that they don't realize it, goes without saying doesn't it? ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31488: May 29, 2015 10:54:25 pm
      Well if they know f**k all it would only make sense that they don't realize it, goes without saying doesn't it? ;)

I was actually thinking of you
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #31489: May 29, 2015 11:01:36 pm

I wasn't aware you had the capacity to think of anyone but yourself.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31490: May 29, 2015 11:03:55 pm
      I wasn't aware you had the capacity to think of anyone but yourself.

well I know my arse isnt full of splinters from spending my entire life sitting on the fence
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #31491: May 29, 2015 11:12:00 pm
      well I know my arse isnt full of splinters from spending my entire life sitting on the fence

What's that even supposed to mean? Do you think before you post?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31492: May 29, 2015 11:15:43 pm
      What's that even supposed to mean? Do you think before you post?

you sit on the fence you dont have an opinion on anything.Jeez you even have to have things explained to you.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #31493: May 29, 2015 11:24:24 pm
      you sit on the fence you dont have an opinion on anything.Jeez you even have to have things explained to you.

Much more preferable than having opinions that perform constant u turns.

Wasn't that long ago but remind me, who was it who came up with the infamous 'healthy doubts' line last summer?
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #31494: May 29, 2015 11:27:59 pm
      Have you seen some of the posts on here.SOme of us who have said all along he was the wrong man faced a torrent of abuse for suggesting he wasn't the man we needed. Its rewarding to see that not only on here but throughout the other forums Polls are around 80/20 for him to go.
      i read a thread on another forum which suggested he was all but sacked in November but dont underestimate FSG's ability to do what they want todo for their own benefit

Honestly, I feel sorry for BR, I believe he really wants us to be successful. However, he was put onto such a hot seat that he is, perhaps, 5 years (or a little longer) too early for such an important post. How he crumbled under pressure towards the end of last season and this season clearly indicates that. An experienced manager would have steered us pass the finishing line and we have deliberated at lengths already on tactics, formations etc. He did not go through vigorous tutorship under successful managers and asking him to replicate the success of the 70s and 80s, I'm afraid is asking too much of BR. The blame rests fully with FSG. 

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015 12:23:02 am by redkop63 »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31495: May 29, 2015 11:54:27 pm
      SOme of us who have said all along he was the wrong man

Things were pretty quiet for a long while after Christmas when we were the form team in the PL.  Very quite. Indeed...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31496: May 29, 2015 11:55:09 pm
      Like i've said before. My brothers mate works at Anfield, and he has told us everyone there knows that Rodgers is gone and Klopp is in. And amen to that. Seriously ? Why would any fan want this novice managing our club?

Well that's it then. Flopp it is.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31497: May 29, 2015 11:57:38 pm
      There will always be people who say 'I knew he wouldn't last'
      But sure, nobody or nothing lasts forever.
      So like a stopped clock, those geniuses will eventually be right at least twice a day.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1274 
      Reply #31498: May 30, 2015 12:09:43 am
      Now here is one for the conspiracy theorists (please note, don't take this seriously)....

The speculation about Benteke has heated up in the last week in particular. Tim Sherwood - quite legitimately - tells us he finds it strange Liverpool are interested in the forward, given that we don't cross the ball. Sure enough, we are 19th out of 20 in teams in the Premier League who crossed the ball. At the moment, I'm struggling to see the logic in it - or maybe I am as dim as Tim....

However, Benteke has been the target of many a club in Europe in the last couple of years, ranging far and wide across the continent. His main pursuer in summer 2013 was, none other than, yes you've guessed it...Dortmund.

Is Benteke being sounded out on the recommendation of Klopp, who has already agreed to become Liverpool manager? And, as the English tabloids pertinently explain, was JFK assassinated by Rafa Benitez?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1274 
      Reply #31499: May 30, 2015 12:14:43 am
      By the way, I still don't rate Benteke as good enough for us. Under my impression that Brendan is to stay, this has the Balotelli's written all over it.

A square peg in a round hole comes to mind. And we have to ask ourselves - Brendan may pick his targets, but how good a job are the Transfer Committee at scouting his targets? If they were any decent, they would seriously question such targets. This happens at United, Chelsea, Arsenal and City where manager's preferences are scouted extensively, many times interest being waned with poor scout reports from top scouts.

It is their responsibility to recommend and question Rodger's targets (as is the norm for ANY manager), and at the moment as we clearly see, these Sunday League scouts are out of their depth.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #31500: May 30, 2015 12:17:08 am
      Now here is one for the conspiracy theorists (please note, don't take this seriously)....

The speculation about Benteke has heated up in the last week in particular. Tim Sherwood - quite legitimately - tells us he finds it strange Liverpool are interested in the forward, given that we don't cross the ball. Sure enough, we are 19th out of 20 in teams in the Premier League who crossed the ball. At the moment, I'm struggling to see the logic in it - or maybe I am as dim as Tim....

However, Benteke has been the target of many a club in Europe in the last couple of years, ranging far and wide across the continent. His main pursuer in summer 2013 was, none other than, yes you've guessed it...Dortmund.

Is Benteke being sounded out on the recommendation of Klopp, who has already agreed to become Liverpool manager? And, as the English tabloids pertinently explain, was JFK assassinated by Rafa Benitez?

Well done Mulder!

Nah something like that would have leaked out.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #31501: May 30, 2015 12:30:14 am
      Honestly I don't mind Benteke, he's a big nuisance to the opposition in midfield and that's what we really need at the moment. A DM cum AM, that's what we are really lacking. Our midfield is as porous as a sieve at the moment. Klopp may have seen that already. I don't think we are thinking of getting Benteke as a striker, are we?

Again in all honesty, I believe if BR ever looses the job it could be the 6-1 thumping that has swung the moods of a lot of supporters and FSG. I could be wrong though. If it was a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat sentiments would not be that strong, again I believe so. But very strange formations that day clearly points to the fact that BR has lost the plot or perhaps the dressing room.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2015 12:47:34 am by redkop63 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #31502: May 30, 2015 12:36:51 am
      Honestly I don't mind Benteke, he's a big nuisance to the opposition in midfield and that's what we really need at the moment. A DM cum AM, that's what we are really lacking. Our midfield is as porous as a sieve at the moment. Klopp may have seen that already. I don't think we are thinking of getting Benteke as a striker, are we?

Bar Sturridge Benteke is better than any of our strikers so if a manager has a plan how to utilise his strengths then you have a potent striker.

Not sure if Rodgers if that manager!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #31503: May 30, 2015 12:41:38 am
      Bar Sturridge Benteke is better than any of our strikers so if a manager has a plan how to utilise his strengths then you have a potent striker.

Not sure if Rodgers if that manager!

Yeah, a DM/AM cum striker that would be good, I don't mind that either since Stevie has outscored our strikers and midfielders. Simply said, we need a big bully DM at the moment. I'm all for Benteke but price is too steep.

brod2
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      sack rogers and Ian Ayre
      Reply #31504: May 30, 2015 01:26:07 am
      The level of incompetence both in their choice and conduct in the transfer market is unbelievable.
      The miscalculations they have made in offering new players contracts is staggering .
      Rogers team selection is poor , his tactical acumen none existent and his man management skills laughable. He seems unable to judge players ability ,   thoughts  at the beginning of last season letting Ibe go out on loan was stupid , the sale of Shelvey was a mistake. The fact that a player can suddenly appear in the team having not even been present on the bench for several weeks shows how totally illogical and out of his depth Brendan Rogers has become. We should move on now get Klopp if not we will be forced into it midway thru the season and have wasted further time
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #31505: May 30, 2015 02:13:31 am

Please lay off the sauce Walton, you really do make a job out of looking like a fool.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #31506: May 30, 2015 08:28:26 am
      Like i've said before. My brothers mate works at Anfield, and he has told us everyone there knows that Rodgers is gone and Klopp is in. And amen to that. Seriously ? Why would any fan want this novice managing our club?

But Melwood is the real activity centre...

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31507: May 30, 2015 08:42:27 am
      Fair play mate, get back on the horse straight away and all that, it's always the best way.

Yes I think this thing with "hating" someone is dependent on who is doing it. See with Rafa, I was bang behind him for most of his tenure but when it swung, I immediately said so, explained why etc. I think that's why I'm able to be pretty sensible while discussing him, give him credit where it's due for the job he did with us (some of it was an extraordinary effort lets be honest), to tell the truth about the fact he did well at Chelsea etc. Equally, when things don't go so well (not disasterous at Napoli, absolutely awful at Inter) I don't see the need to put the boot in, to sneer at people who will do their damnedest to paint it in the best light possible. I'd even support him 100% if he came back as manager! something the lads can't even get close to with Brendan.

I think where you went wrong with the current manager was repressing your true feelings for too long, living in a kind of make believe denial world. Of course us playing so well and almost winning the league last season can't have helped, but it was painful to see you and your cohorts grinning through gritted teeth when only Skip was brave enough to actually say what he was thinking.

Now you've all "come out" in a football sense, it's like the excitement of finally admitting the fact that you despise the manager has warped your heads. God only knows how you are all going to carry on if he keeps his job, you'll clearly be hoping we fail so you can get the bovver boots into the manager again.

It's a bit sad really and THAT Luke is what I call hatred, not saying someone did a pretty good job rather than a splendiferously unbelievable one.

Spot on Mick.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31508: May 30, 2015 09:41:58 am
      Some of us who have said all along he was the wrong man faced a torrent of abuse for suggesting he wasn't the man we needed.

;D

LFC comes first.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #31509: May 30, 2015 09:46:50 am
      Saying "I was right all along" when a manager is sacked in the Premier League is like saying it's going to rain tomorrow and if it rains the next day you start to brag about you being right. (This may only apply to our UK forum members)

Quick Reply