Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047063 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #36708: Sep 28, 2015 09:53:21 am
      This pretty much sums it up for me:

Whilst Rodgers has been forced to operate with some players that he didn't want, some of the players we refused to buy for him were just as bad anyway. He's got this obsession with shitty Swansea players

Thought he only brought Joe Allen from the swans. ?

And I bet a lot of folk on here would take Williams instead of some of our CB's. no ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #36709: Sep 28, 2015 10:02:16 am

He is approaching Hodgson territory now constantly going on about how a team that finished 8th could not possibly challenge for the league, kindly ignoring the fact that we had just won the League Cup and got to the FA Cup,we are not F***ing Swansea................. ..small time mentality.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #36710: Sep 28, 2015 10:05:51 am
      The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36711: Sep 28, 2015 10:17:37 am
      He is approaching Hodgson territory now constantly going on about how a team that finished 8th could not possibly challenge for the league, kindly ignoring the fact that we had just won the League Cup and got to the FA Cup,we are not f**king Swansea................. ..small time mentality.

Know what your saying like. But you know what, all these press conf. are full of BS from all managers, I only really pay attention for injury news etc. So not worth getting nickers in a twist, I lost it with hodgson, all it did was added to real life stress, said to meself never again. Keep saying it, what will be will be with BR. Personally think he has till xmas in the eyes of FSG, if the footi and results don't improve dramatically he is gone. In the meantime we can only support the team as best we can.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #36712: Sep 28, 2015 10:48:45 am
      The problem Rodgers is having is that he's not being judged on this season alone. if Klopp had taken charge at the start of the season there would be no major displays of dissatisfaction from the fans Like we have now with Brendan.
      Everyone thinks they know how this season is going to pan out simply because Brendan is in charge, but the truth is we now have 3 decent strikers available this season compared to 0 last term, that's going to make a hell of a difference!
      I don't have the same faith in Brendan I once had, but I'm really hoping he will prove me wrong.
      It would be great if every supporter was willing him to succeed, rather than willing him to fail, just to say I told you so!

My hoping he would be given another season, was based on the prospect of having a fully fit Sturridge and Lallana back along with the signings of Big Ben,  Firmino and Clyne, to compliment the talent that is Coutinho. I believed that with all this attacking talent he would revert back to his attacking philosophy.
      (I was also hoping Markovic and Illori would come good, but i guess that's buggered! )

Over the last few games I've seen glimpses of that attacking philosophy, I'm hoping it may be the start of a revival of sorts, but I'm not getting too excited just yet, it just as likely we'll lose to the Bitters, Spuds and Chavs, and that will be the final nail in Brendan's coffin, but with Brendan you just don't know!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36713: Sep 28, 2015 11:17:44 am
      I am not a fan of Brendan never have been but aren't people worried what these idiots will do if they sack him. Ancelotti/Klopp are a very good fit for very different reasons but they have a vision of what a manager should look and sound like and it may not fit with our choices and the reasons for them.

That basically my worry
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #36714: Sep 28, 2015 11:20:15 am
      I suppose a bad workman will always blame his tools!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36715: Sep 28, 2015 11:36:20 am
      Yeah, lets not get Rafa back because he would prioritise the Champions League.
      Makes sense that.

That point here is we should be battling to win in all competitions and not choosing one over the other. I would sooner win the Premier League Title than the CL.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36716: Sep 28, 2015 11:39:30 am
      This is gonna be controversial but here it goes............

I'd rather we win another European Cup than the Premier League.

There I said it. There's something more romantic and attractive to Ol' Big Ears than the Premier League. And besides, Champions of Europe has a better ring to it than Champions of England. Your club's name presides over an entire continent instead of just one measly, inward looking country.
      I understand where you are coming from on that point, don't agree with it, but I understand it
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #36717: Sep 28, 2015 11:43:50 am
      I suppose a bad workman will always blame his tools!
      No they usually blame the Ref when it's football we're talking about!
      I've always Said let the manager have the players he wants, then there can be no excuses, if he buys poorly, he bites the bullet sooner.
      I think part of the reason he's had Ayre's backing, us because Ayres has enjoyed being able to play football manager with little protest from Brendan.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #36718: Sep 28, 2015 11:54:24 am
      No they usually blame the Ref when it's football we're talking about!
      I've always Said let the manager have the players he wants, then there can be no excuses, if he buys poorly, he bites the bullet sooner.
      I think part of the reason he's had Ayre's backing, us because Ayres has enjoyed being able to play football manager with little protest from Brendan.

I've supported Brendan with the best of them mate, but whoever is the manager at the time of the signings gets either the credit or the criticism for their success in my eyes, simple as that. If Brendan either didn't want the players or didn't like the system of identifying them, he should either have said so or resigned.   

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #36719: Sep 28, 2015 12:00:15 pm
      I've supported Brendan with the best of them mate, but whoever is the manager at the time of the signings gets either the credit or the criticism for their success in my eyes, simple as that. If Brendan either didn't want the players or didn't like the system of identifying them, he should either have said so or resigned.   

I'm with you there Mick if he wanted Ashley Williams Ryan Bertrand and TC said no you have to have Sakho and Moreno he should have walked.

There again it's seems like he got all his number 1 targets this year so just don't understand the moaning.

RedKalel
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts | 23 
      Reply #36720: Sep 28, 2015 12:08:12 pm
      If I could have plussed times 50 I would have, the last few pages of this thread are an illustration of how embarrassing it is when our own fans form a baying mob. It's exactly the reason why I think Brendan ought to go, NOBODY could manage the club effectively under these circumstances. The reality is of course that if you had offered most sensible people the LEAGUE TABLE after seven matches and given our fixtures they'd have taken it, but it isn't about that any more. Similarly an away draw in the Europa league, or progression into the next round of the Carling Cup with a home tie to come, but it isn't about that either.

The most important thing for a large number of fans at the moment is getting Brendan out of the club, far more so than it is the team winning football matches. They deny this obviously (maybe they even believe it to be the case), but you only have to listen to them and to read them to realise it is so. Perhaps Brendan deserves it and perhaps they are right I don't know, but I do know it's unhealthy for the football club. I also know that it sickens me to the pit of my stomach to see fans wading into the man over goal celebrations, interviews, his choice of clothing/bird etc. It's getting to the stage where we ought to stop thinking of Liverpool as being a "special" club, because not only is it no longer so in terms of how successful we are on the pitch, it is also no longer so for how we behave off it.   

And this is the problem every manager that takes over at liverpool will face, the expectation is so high ( and thats not a bad thing ). But, every manager should be backed by the fans while he is in the job. If we were in the relegation zone like we were under hodgson its different, 5th in wage spends, 5th in player spend etc etc etc. We will never break into the top 4 on a consistent basis until we spend like they do. That includes player wages because sometimes thats were we are loosing out, not on transfer fees. Until we spend like the top 4 we may never be consistently there so is that the managers fault then that we cant get and stay there? I dont know but i know that we pay low wages and will never get the players like fabregas and sanchez. We spend our fare share on transfer fees imo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36721: Sep 28, 2015 12:12:22 pm
      Brendan Rodgers; “If you give me the tools, I’ll do the work.”

Erm, best part of £200mill over two summers, freedom to change the backroom staff...still getting embarrassed.

Sorry but the Carlisle game was the final straw for me where Rodgers is concerned.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #36722: Sep 28, 2015 12:23:59 pm
      Read some bollox on here but calling fans a baying mob is pathetic frankly. He gets a very fair ride on here and as a far as baying goes that horse bolted when Roy was manager and he got terrible stick far worse than Rodgers but he obviously doesnt count even though he was a Liverpool manager.
      I wanted Roy out and i wanted Kenny to stay and now I want Brendan out for one reason he isnt good enough nothing to do with his private life his media stuff he simply is not good enough to be LFC manager.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36723: Sep 28, 2015 12:30:19 pm

Erm, best part of £200mill over two summers, freedom to change the backroom staff...still getting embarrassed.

Sorry but the Carlisle game was the final straw for me where Rodgers is concerned.

Bar Arsenal, I suspect he's had more control than any other manager at the big clubs in world football.

Refusing a DoF and getting a committee that he is comfortable with, stripping our academy and recruiting his friends, final say on transfers, change of backroom staff .... anything else?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,505 posts | 1496 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #36724: Sep 28, 2015 12:32:27 pm
      Hey we're unbeaten in four and still in both cups! :D

As much as I want Rodgers gone - if he gets us winning again (and sorts the defence out), I'll be happy.

That said I'd be happy if Fergie came out of retirement and got us winning titles!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #36725: Sep 28, 2015 12:47:20 pm
      That said I'd be happy if Fergie came out of retirement and got us winning titles!

Woaaaa...there is a line sir, and you've just crossed it...in fact, you've gone so far beyond the line you can't even see it anymore. I'd rather have my local tramp who was singing at a pigeon the other day then Fergie manage us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,187 posts | 8558 
      Reply #36726: Sep 28, 2015 01:02:45 pm

You'd have to pull him out of that pool of piss and vomit once he'd finished banging down another whiskey and laughing his arl jock codger off!!

And not forgetting to pull Jim White's tongue out of his hoop.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #36727: Sep 28, 2015 01:18:20 pm

Well there certainly ARE some "tools" at L4 nowadays.

My stance on BR is now one of pure disinterest. He's a symptom of FSG. Nothing more.
      I just want the disease cured. Changing him wont change much. Infact it will allow BR to be used as even more of a smokescreen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #36728: Sep 28, 2015 01:22:38 pm
      Bar Arsenal, I suspect he's had more control than any other manager at the big clubs in world football.

Refusing a DoF and getting a committee that he is comfortable with, stripping our academy and recruiting his friends, final say on transfers, change of backroom staff .... anything else?

He's gone into full on defense mode and appears to be blaming everyone but himself.

I might be wrong but I don't think I've read anything from him this week about how HE needs to do better.
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2015 01:36:25 pm by srslfc »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36729: Sep 28, 2015 01:32:21 pm
      He's gone into full on defense mode and appears to be claim it everyone but himself.

I might be wrong but I don't think I've read anything from him this week about how HE needs to do better.

Correct Si, it's embarrassing to try and deflect the blame and state things such as "we're ONLY 5 points off the top of the league, but let's not get carried away"

5 points behind after 7 games = 27 points off the pace by the end of the year, bang on pace for a 6th - 8th place finish again. Outstanding, but give him the tools and he'll do the work. All this after the clear good fortune at the start of the campaign, take responsibility like a real leader should rather than blaming the players he educates, he signed and he wanted.

The only thing he should be given is his P45.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,497 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #36730: Sep 28, 2015 01:35:02 pm
      Well there certainly ARE some "tools" at L4 nowadays.

My stance on BR is now one of pure disinterest. He's a symptom of FSG. Nothing more.
      I just want the disease cured. Changing him wont change much. Infact it will allow BR to be used as even more of a smokescreen.

Quick Reply