Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3050633 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #36731: Sep 28, 2015 01:39:29 pm
      Correct Si, it's embarrassing to try and deflect the blame and state things such as "we're ONLY 5 points off the top of the league, but let's not get carried away"

5 points behind after 7 games = 27 points off the pace by the end of the year, bang on pace for a 6th - 8th place finish again. Outstanding, but give him the tools and he'll do the work. All this after the clear good fortune at the start of the campaign, take responsibility like a real leader should rather than blaming the players he educates, he signed and he wanted.

The only thing he should be given is his P45.

Like I said Luke I may well have missed it but I don't recall anything from him recently where he has admitted any fault on his part.

Blaming a media witch hunt is a bit embarrassing for a guy who gets some of the most positive press I've seen.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #36732: Sep 28, 2015 01:42:33 pm
      This cheeky little pr**k had better get all of his staff involved and do the Conga if we go one up against Sion.

Levels.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #36733: Sep 28, 2015 01:45:50 pm
      Woaaaa...there is a line sir, and you've just crossed it...in fact, you've gone so far beyond the line you can't even see it anymore. I'd rather have my local tramp who was singing at a pigeon the other day then Fergie manage us.
      Hey no doubt...if your local tramp can also get us a title, then I'd have her over Fergie for sure :D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #36734: Sep 28, 2015 01:46:51 pm
      You'd have to pull him out of that pool of piss and vomit once he'd finished banging down another whiskey and laughing his arl jock codger off!!

And not forgetting to pull Jim White's tongue out of his hoop.
      Woah now there's a mental image therapy might be required for!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36735: Sep 28, 2015 01:47:39 pm
      Like I said Luke I may well have missed it but I don't recall anything from him recently where he has admitted any fault on his part.

Blaming a media witch hunt is a bit embarrassing for a guy who gets some of the most positive press I've seen.

It took him a week to stop blaming the kids for losing at Oldham in the cup the other year mate, he is far too quick to take the credit for him to shun the responsibility of mistakes so easily.

As you rightly point out the media have kissed his arse for an extended period of time with very little substance for which to justify it. Now that they're finally starting to turn he doesn't like it and as I said yesterday the reactions both for the goals and later interviews looked far too stage managed and contrived.

Snake Oil Salesman who's been told to get out, they suddenly turn and show their true character and it's exactly why a lot of people were struggling to take to him because he's nowhere near as genuine as he tries to make out. Self-obsessed fraudster.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36736: Sep 28, 2015 02:00:28 pm
      This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield  56m56 minutes ago
      BR on Friday: "it’s not about me."

BR on Saturday: β€œI am the same guy who nearly won us the league, but better.”

Haha!

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS  1h1 hour ago
      Barrett - Rodgers has been urging his players to shoot more often. The idea will be to have shots when chances are created

Knew it, when Coutinho first came here he was much more about incisive passing and creative play, more recently he's shooting from the dressing room. The man doesn't have a clue, he's desperate and he's taking us down with him.

I'm convinced if a manager such as Klopp or Ancelotti took over Coutinho wouldn't be shooting almost at all and he would be one of the best players in the league because of it.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #36737: Sep 28, 2015 02:05:57 pm
      He is right when he says there is hysteria. I get caught up in it myself, because of the passion we all have for this wonderful club it spills over into unjustified feelings and stupid statements - guilty as charged. I myself after the Norwich & Carlisle games was disgusted, but when you look at it after a week, you can calm down and say...anything can happen in the cup and anyone in the Prem can beat anyone, look at West Ham!

however he needs to start winning games and quick...Villa was a great tonic but we just cant defend to save our lives.....
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #36738: Sep 28, 2015 02:10:46 pm
      Hey we're unbeaten in four and still in both cups! :D

As much as I want Rodgers gone - if he gets us winning again (and sorts the defence out), I'll be happy.

That said I'd be happy if Fergie came out of retirement and got us winning titles!

I was just about to bang the drum on about this until the third line... too far my friend, too far!  :o
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36739: Sep 28, 2015 02:18:43 pm

So how does he explain the other poor league positions that he has led us to?

The players not good enough...brings in 17 over the space of a year.
      Backroom staff not good enough...replaced
      Needs money to challenge...Β£200mill over two summers.

Took over a team that apparently wasn't good enough...sold the likes of Kuyt, Agger, Reina etc
      When he arrived he wanted his choice of staff...the staff he later sacked

Conceded more goals than before, suffered countless humiliating defeats (home and away) and generally suffered a lot of embarrassing landmarks under his management.

He seems to think all these things need changing and all the things that possibly could be the reason for us being crap has been dealt with, except the managerial position. That is the only thing that hasn't been addressed or had the blame out on by Rodgers.

The reason for us being sh*t is staring Rodgers in the face every time he looks in the mirror.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #36740: Sep 28, 2015 02:32:35 pm
      This cheeky little pr**k had better get all of his staff involved and do the Conga if we go one up against Sion.

Levels.

Surely a goal would call for a line of staff doing the time warp! It's just a jump to the left.........
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Reply #36741: Sep 28, 2015 02:33:21 pm
      Barrett saying that Klopp is willing to speak with us. If that's truly the case, get him on the phone quick, like yesterday.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36742: Sep 28, 2015 02:36:30 pm
      Surely a goal would call for a line of staff doing the time warp! It's just a jump to the left.........

with brendan in stockings and suspenders ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #36743: Sep 28, 2015 02:37:35 pm
      Barrett saying that Klopp is willing to speak with us. If that's truly the case, get him on the phone quick, like yesterday.

He also says even if Rodgers is sacked FSG have no intention of meeting him.

Gary Monk it is then!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36744: Sep 28, 2015 02:39:25 pm

Gary Monk it is then!

Some kind of sick joke isn't it.

Rafa begging to join, FSG pick Brendan.

Klopp begging to join, FSG pick Howe/Monk/Neil (no offence to people who actually rate them, even they understand the gamble difference).
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36745: Sep 28, 2015 02:41:38 pm
      Some kind of sick joke isn't it.

Rafa begging to join, FSG pick Brendan.

Klopp begging to join, FSG pick Howe/Monk/Neil (no offence to people who actually rate them, even they understand the gamble difference).

Complete f**king joke indeed, but what's even more of a joke, Howe, Monk or Neil would probably do a better job than Rodgers :o
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #36746: Sep 28, 2015 02:48:56 pm
       Its worse than a sick joke I'm beginning to think changing the manager will make no difference. Without a ideology, vision or structure in place you can see the future is just rinse and repeat.

We need football people at the top who know football not Ian Ayre who's claim to fame is destroying Huddersfield Town and Mike Gordon who's only qualification is that he knows more than the other idiots in Boston.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #36747: Sep 28, 2015 02:52:38 pm
      This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield  56m56 minutes ago
      BR on Friday: "it’s not about me."

Haha!

Hahaha that saturday quote.

unbelievable.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #36748: Sep 28, 2015 02:54:15 pm
      If one of the main reasons Rodgers was appointed was because of his coaching abilities where is the evidence?

Can't coach a defence in fact he cant even coach defending a corner    :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #36749: Sep 28, 2015 02:58:13 pm

Gary Monk it is then!

YOu know I thinnk the message is out there to potential managers don't com ehere just because FSG want you , if the fans don't want you then think again.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #36750: Sep 28, 2015 03:00:54 pm
      If I could have plussed times 50 I would have, the last few pages of this thread are an illustration of how embarrassing it is when our own fans form a baying mob. It's exactly the reason why I think Brendan ought to go, NOBODY could manage the club effectively under these circumstances. The reality is of course that if you had offered most sensible people the LEAGUE TABLE after seven matches and given our fixtures they'd have taken it, but it isn't about that any more. Similarly an away draw in the Europa league, or progression into the next round of the Carling Cup with a home tie to come, but it isn't about that either.

The most important thing for a large number of fans at the moment is getting Brendan out of the club, far more so than it is the team winning football matches. They deny this obviously (maybe they even believe it to be the case), but you only have to listen to them and to read them to realise it is so. Perhaps Brendan deserves it and perhaps they are right I don't know, but I do know it's unhealthy for the football club. I also know that it sickens me to the pit of my stomach to see fans wading into the man over goal celebrations, interviews, his choice of clothing/bird etc. It's getting to the stage where we ought to stop thinking of Liverpool as being a "special" club, because not only is it no longer so in terms of how successful we are on the pitch, it is also no longer so for how we behave off it.   

Sorry Mick - as one of those who has been vocal recently - I think that's grossly unfair on those who feel his time is up. I've been openly sceptical throughout his time - not unsupportive just not willing to anoint BR.

Those that point to the second half of his first season and the fabulous follow up rather miss the point - that's one excellent calendar year in three and a half here.

We have played poorly and had poor results - bar a couple of months either side Xmas 14-15 - for 16 months. Pointing that out is just recognising reality, not heresy.

Denial of that is "Flat Earth Society" stuff mate.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36751: Sep 28, 2015 03:02:42 pm
      If one of the main reasons Rodgers was appointed was because of his coaching abilities where is the evidence?

Can't coach a defence in fact he cant even coach defending a corner    :lmao:

Nah but his lass reckons he can teach dribbling in the box ok......
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #36752: Sep 28, 2015 03:41:44 pm
      Sorry Mick - as one of those who has been vocal recently - I think that's grossly unfair on those who feel his time is up. I've been openly sceptical throughout his time - not unsupportive just not willing to anoint BR.

Those that point to the second half of his first season and the fabulous follow up rather miss the point - that's one excellent calendar year in three and a half here.

We have played poorly and had poor results - bar a couple of months either side Xmas 14-15 - for 16 months. Pointing that out is just recognising reality, not heresy.

Denial of that is "Flat Earth Society" stuff mate.

I think you misunderstand me mate, probably my fault. Nothing whatsoever wrong in thinking it's time to change the manager (I think the same myself), but it really is stretching the point to criticise the man for his goal celebrations and/or body language, IMHO obviously. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #36753: Sep 28, 2015 03:45:04 pm
      I think you misunderstand me mate, probably my fault. Nothing whatsoever wrong in thinking it's time to change the manager (I think the same myself), but it really is stretching the point to criticise the man for his goal celebrations and/or body language, IMHO obviously. 

I don't think they were criticising Brendan for his goal celebrations mate.... just questioning why he seemed to be restraining them.

Personally as long as we have cause to celebrate goals.... I couldn't give a ....

Quick Reply