Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3072985 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread
      Reply #38364: May 20, 2016 05:30:01 pm
      Let's face it, you've got to be a dog sh*t manager to fail in that league with Celtic.

You saying John Barnes was dog sh*t!

:)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #38365: May 20, 2016 05:42:09 pm
      Let's face it, you've got to be a dog sh*t manager to fail in that league with Celtic.

As Liverpool supporters surely we can wish him well? That we hold something against him because of last season is so wrong considering that he never said a bad word about us or the club and was eternally grateful for managing the club.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #38366: May 20, 2016 06:01:35 pm
      So Rodgers will be back in the CL, at least the Celtic fans wont have a huge expectation.

A bit of a drop from thought of as one of the young bright lights of British football management.

Good luck to him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #38367: May 20, 2016 06:05:19 pm
      So Rodgers will be back in the CL, at least the Celtic fans wont have a huge expectation.

A bit of a drop from thought of as one of the young bright lights of British football management.

Good luck to him.

His "dream job" this according to the great man himself :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #38368: May 20, 2016 06:06:53 pm
      His "dream job" this according to the great man himself :lmao:

Well I would expect it would be given that he supported Celtic since he was a kid? Hilarious...not really.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #38369: May 20, 2016 06:07:44 pm
      Good move for him that.

He needed something big after Liverpool. Celtic are a big club in a sh*te league, gives him a chance to win a few medals and improve his European experience, two things he needed work on.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #38370: May 20, 2016 06:10:32 pm
      Well I would expect it would be given that he supported Celtic since he was a kid? Hilarious...not really.

Jesus lighten up Brendan it's the weekend!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #38371: May 20, 2016 06:12:27 pm
      Jesus lighten up Brendan it's the weekend!

Failing to see anything remotely funny about your post so it's kind of hard to 'lighten up'. You have a nice weekend too flower.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #38372: May 20, 2016 06:13:04 pm
      Failing to see anything remotely funny about your post so it's kind of hard to 'lighten up'. You have a nice weekend too flower.

Eh yea ok.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #38373: May 20, 2016 06:26:28 pm
      I used to love Scottish football lets face it our DNA is full of Scots blood but it has declined beyond belief these past few decades.
      I think ~Brendan will enjoy being back in football but I don't see Celtic as a long term position for him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #38374: May 20, 2016 06:42:42 pm
      I used to love Scottish football lets face it our DNA is full of Scots blood but it has declined beyond belief these past few decades.
      I think ~Brendan will enjoy being back in football but I don't see Celtic as a long term position for him.

Celtic manager is the easiest "high profile" job in top league football anywhere.

It's barely even a challenge. The only challenge is doing anything in the Champs League.

But for the money and chance for immediate success I guess it's a no brainer for a young manager.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #38375: May 20, 2016 06:46:04 pm
      Brendan will probably do pretty well at Celtic. He should be able to implement his tika-taka stuff with a bit more freedom given that they will be dominating possession nearly every game.

Be interesting to see how he does in Europe. I'm guessing he will have a bit of money to spend or he wouldnt have taken it.

Wonder if he'll come back for any of our guys.
      Skrtel? Joe Allen maybe?

Hey Brendan, what about a pacy left back who might suit a club where they dont have to do much defending?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #38376: May 20, 2016 06:50:17 pm
      Luis Suarez salutes Brendan Rodgers as ex-Liverpool boss is lined up by Celtic
      08:57, 20 MAY 2016 UPDATED 09:34, 20 MAY 2016
      BY DAVID PRENTICE
      Suarez says Rodgers helped him become a better player

Luis Suarez has credited Brendan Rodgers for helping him become a better player - as the former Liverpool boss is lined up to take charge at Celtic.

The Scottish champions have interviewed Rodgers twice and majority shareholder Dermot Desmond confirmed last night the new boss could be named by the weekend.

The South American superstar striker said: “He is one of the best coaches in Europe and I am not surprised he is looking to get back in to the game because it is a game he loves.

“I am glad he has taken his time since leaving Liverpool. He should only be looking at the top jobs, with the top clubs, who will be playing Champions League football.

“If it was not for Brendan, then I know I would not be the same player that you see at Barcelona today.

“Such a big part of my education is down to him and his management.

“Of course he works to make the team stronger but he really works on a one to one level with the players.

“He will sit down with each player at the club, and work on where you can improve, where you can exploit opposition, he leaves nothing to chance.

“He is a very intelligent man. If the players at his next club listen to his words, they will become better players for sure.”

Suarez has been the world’s best striker this season with his staggering goal return helping Barca win La Liga again.
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luis-suarez-salutes-brendan-rodgers-11359920?

Can't be true. It was all down to Suarez.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38377: May 20, 2016 06:50:38 pm
      So........ will Pascoe rejoin him up north? :O
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #38378: May 20, 2016 06:52:54 pm
      Stepping stone to better things to come, in the future for Brendan Rodgers. Maybe he will make a bid for one or two players, that he brought to Anfield. I am sure that Jürgen will only be too happy to oblige, in the summer clear out.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #38379: May 20, 2016 06:54:24 pm
      Celtic manager is the easiest "high profile" job in top league football anywhere.

It's barely even a challenge. The only challenge is doing anything in the Champs League.

Neil Lennon agrees... :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38380: May 20, 2016 07:06:31 pm
      I wish him well.

Gives me a very, very slight interest in football up there.

Now, time to sharpen up on my knowledge of the Scotch and their short history.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38381: May 20, 2016 07:22:35 pm
      Good move for him that.

He needed something big after Liverpool. Celtic are a big club in a sh*te league, gives him a chance to win a few medals and improve his European experience, two things he needed work on.

Yep, the perfect club for him to rebuild his reputation.

Good move, wish him all the best.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #38382: May 20, 2016 07:39:54 pm
      Could be a smart move on his part. Win the league in his first season, which is likely, then i he can walk away with that in CV without having to break his contact if a bigger opportunity arises. Thank F**k he's not going to Everton anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #38383: May 20, 2016 08:10:32 pm
      Can't be true. It was all down to Suarez.

Can't be true, it was written by a blue!!

Mine rhymes  :laugh:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #38384: May 20, 2016 08:22:18 pm
      SKY poll suggests Celtic Fans 56%/ 44% in favour of Brendan Rodgers....who do they think they are going to get.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #38385: May 20, 2016 08:30:11 pm
      Good move for him that.

Agree with all that. Good luck to him and I'll be the first to congratulate him for winning the Scottish League next season. ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #38386: May 20, 2016 08:32:49 pm
      Maybe he will make a bid for one or two players, that he brought to Anfield.

Haha. First thing I thought when I heard about it!

Quick Reply