Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3032013 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread
      Reply #38962: Sep 08, 2017 02:18:02 pm

Mate fact is if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle

Whatever floats your boat you sick pup
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #38963: Sep 12, 2017 09:46:00 pm
      Celtic 0-5 PSG, that's they're heaviest home defeat in European a competition..........yik es!

Brendan not really improving in Europe is he.
      « Last Edit: Sep 12, 2017 09:56:10 pm by HScRed1 »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #38964: Sep 12, 2017 09:51:22 pm
      Celtic 0-5 PSG, that's they're heaviest defeat in European a competition..........yik es!

Brendan not really improving in Europe is he.

Didn't they get beat 8-0 last season or something?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #38965: Sep 12, 2017 09:55:14 pm
      Didn't they get beat 8-0 last season or something?

That was at the Nou Camp 7-0.

I should have said at home, my mistake.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #38966: Sep 12, 2017 10:01:00 pm
      That was at the Nou Camp 7-0.

I should have said at home, my mistake.

Ah yes right. Quite a few teams got an absolute tonking tonight didn't they? I'm afraid these days the European minnows (of which Celtic certainly are one)  are absolute cannon fodder for the big spenders (of which obviously PSG are the biggest). I must confess I didn't watch any of any of the games, can't get interested in it at all. 
      Chessie
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts | 14 
      Reply #38967: Sep 13, 2017 08:11:53 pm
      Was a tough night, we aren't the first to suffer a 5 - 0 reverse and we wont be the last,   PSG are a slick team, probably the smoothest passing side I've witnessed at Celtic park and I have seen some of the best including  Barcelona in that.  Realistically PSG (who most certainly can win the thing) and Bayern will go through 1 & 2 and Anderlecht and Celtic will be looking for the Europa slot.   If we can get 3rd in that group, and I think we can and will, then it will represent progress.

That said I am a fan, that means I recognise the quality of the opposition, it means I can admit they outshine us in every department (save our fans) BUT I will still be turning up against Bayern thinking we will win

Good luck tonight
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #38968: Sep 28, 2017 12:10:55 am
      What a donkey eh
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38969: Sep 28, 2017 12:35:47 am

What did he do?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #38970: Sep 28, 2017 12:41:57 am

:lmao: only one donkey on this forum.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #38971: Sep 28, 2017 12:56:10 am

Great playing in a league without any real competition!!

Anderlecht is the only two games he'll win in the Champions League.

We'll make the second round and Celtic will end up in the Europa.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #38972: Sep 28, 2017 01:33:19 am

Anderlecht are a better team than Spartak and Celtic beat them 0-3 with a team that cost about a quarter of AOCs transfer fee.....just saying. Meanwhile our rabble of sh*t are for the second match day running the only English team not to win
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #38973: Sep 28, 2017 01:51:20 am
      Anderlecht are a better team than Spartak and Celtic beat them 0-3 with a team that cost about a quarter of AOCs transfer fee.....just saying. Meanwhile our rabble of sh*t are for the second match day running the only English team not to win
      No one forcing you to support Liverpool. Maybe you should pick a new team?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #38974: Sep 28, 2017 02:37:19 am

And that all means what exactly, other than football ain't an exact science.

Four games to go yet and some fans giving in already!!
      Chessie
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts | 14 
      Reply #38975: Sep 28, 2017 04:17:12 pm

To be fair mate you don't really know that.    We have played 2 games, got battered in one and won the other.  Chances are that result last night already gets us 3rd place and as I said on an earlier post that would represent progress.   

If we take something from Bayern - either home or away - would you concede that he is making progress?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38976: Sep 28, 2017 04:23:15 pm
      To be fair mate you don't really know that.    We have played 2 games, got battered in one and won the other.  Chances are that result last night already gets us 3rd place and as I said on an earlier post that would represent progress.   

If we take something from Bayern - either home or away - would you concede that he is making progress?

Hard to make progress in the SPL with no real competition.
      Ranger's demise might have been amusing for some (many? All? ;D ) but it impacted on Celtics ability to compete in Europe.

BR has them playing some lovely football, but they need a bit more than that in the CL.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #38977: Sep 28, 2017 04:54:34 pm
      Hard to make progress in the SPL with no real competition.
      Ranger's demise might have been amusing for some (many? All? ;D ) but it impacted on Celtics ability to compete in Europe.

BR has them playing some lovely football, but they need a bit more than that in the CL.

What are you talking?
      Celtic didn't take a point away from home in the CL under Martin O'Neil, I think they'd won one in their history prior to last night. It's massive progress
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38978: Sep 28, 2017 05:01:02 pm
      What are you talking?
      Celtic didn't take a point away from home in the CL under Martin O'Neil, I think they'd won one in their history prior to last night. It's massive progress

Really?
      Think back to how they did in the CL before Rangers got booted down a few divisions.

As well as BR has done, his team need to be pushed domestically to get to that level again.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #38979: Sep 28, 2017 05:19:02 pm
      What are you talking?

Had a scot in over lunch and he was telling me it was only the second time they'd won away in the CL in their history. That can't be right surely? He also said it was their first ever away clean sheet, now that surely must be bollocks.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #38980: Sep 28, 2017 05:34:51 pm
      Had a scot in over lunch and he was telling me it was only the second time they'd won away in the CL in their history. That can't be right surely? He also said it was their first ever away clean sheet, now that surely must be bollocks.

I heard something similar being said while watching the game, so I think it's true.

I wouldn't put too much focus on the result. 0-3 looks like Celtic completed dominated the game, but they didn't. Anderlecht was very, very bad.

They're in complete chaos. Most of you probably remember their recent performances in the EL or CL, but the current team is nowhere near that. They're currently 7th in the league with only 12 points out of 8 games (their main title rival is 10 points ahead), they have fired their manager just over a week ago, the current manager has never managed a team before and was just given a chance because he was a very highly rated and respected ex-player.

Don't want to get involved in a Rodgers dicussion, just putting the result in the right context.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #38981: Sep 28, 2017 05:41:32 pm
      I heard something similar being said while watching the game, so I think it's true.

I wouldn't put too much focus on the result. 0-3 looks like Celtic completed dominated the game, but they didn't. Anderlecht was very, very bad.

They're in complete chaos. Most of you probably remember their recent performances in the EL or CL, but the current team is nowhere near that. They're currently 7th in the league with only 12 points out of 8 games (their main title rival is 10 points ahead), they have fired their manager just over a week ago, the current manager has never managed a team before and was just given a chance because he was a very highly rated and respected ex-player.

Don't want to get involved in a Rodgers dicussion, just putting the result in the right context.

Me either. I've consigned discussion on Rodgers into the same file as discussion about Benitez. It deteriorates into mud slinging and toys out of the prammery.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38982: Sep 28, 2017 05:49:44 pm
      Neil Lennon, what was his success in the CL with Celtic?.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #38983: Sep 28, 2017 05:52:49 pm
      Neil Lennon, what was his success in the CL with Celtic?.

Didn't they beat us one year with the little f***** in charge?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38984: Sep 28, 2017 05:59:58 pm

Lennon then guided Celtic through two qualification rounds to reach the group stage of the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League, where Celtic beat Barcelona one day after the club's 125th birthday.[84] Celtic qualified out of their group to the knock-out stages of the Champions League.[85] Celtic were comfortably beaten on aggregate by Juventus in the last 16 round, but both Celtic and Lennon were still praised for their overall Champions League campaign.

Don't know how reliable WIkI is..

Rodgers surely has to improve on this...

Quick Reply