Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3031857 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread
      Reply #39054: Feb 26, 2019 09:11:27 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39055: Feb 26, 2019 09:14:29 am
      Shocked if he leaves celtic for them.

Maybe hes happy to bow out in the summer, after a historic treble treble.

I fully expected neil lennon to be a shoe in.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39056: Feb 26, 2019 09:17:11 am
      City’s penultimate league game - 4th May is at The Etihad versus Leicester.......

I can envisage a scenario where BR claims LFC title victory all down to him yet....... :f_whistle:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #39057: Feb 26, 2019 09:18:11 am

I wouldn't be shocked at all.

Nothing else left for him to really achieve with Celtic and Leicester have a decent squad of player's that Brendan will feel he can improve.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39058: Feb 26, 2019 09:19:08 am

He is as I understand it. To end of season for now.

My bro-in-law runs a Celtic podcast and says this has been on cards since Xmas.

BR tried to leave and take Dembele to China but the offer fell through and relationship has been fu**ed since.......so I’m told.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #39059: Feb 26, 2019 09:24:25 am

BR tried to leave and take Dembele to China but the offer fell through and relationship has been fu**ed since.......so I’m told.

Is Brendan still popular among the Celtic fans mate?

I know even his presence in the Premier League again will piss off a few on here but I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

I still rate him pretty highly and up until this season he's still the guy who got us closest to winning the league title.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39060: Feb 26, 2019 09:38:00 am
      Is Brendan still popular among the Celtic fans mate?

I know even his presence in the Premier League again will piss off a few on here but I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

I still rate him pretty highly and up until this season he's still the guy who got us closest to winning the league title.

Mixed.

I think a bit like with us - respected for much (but not all) his football and the success it’s delivered but large swathes lukewarm to his personality.

More love across the board than with us but a similar dynamic if that makes sense?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #39061: Feb 26, 2019 09:42:37 am
      Will be good to see him back in the Prem.

Hope he does a good job there.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39062: Feb 26, 2019 09:44:34 am

aha. yea a lot of my pals are celtic supporters theyve have said there was stuff going on behind the scenes.

But saying that when is there not stuff going on. ;D.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39063: Feb 26, 2019 10:06:55 am
      Wish him well, don't get some of the criticism and general attitude of some towards him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39064: Feb 26, 2019 11:54:17 am
      Wow, interesting. Wish him well, better him than seeing that fat slob Fat Sam getting jobs over and over again.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #39065: Feb 26, 2019 12:10:55 pm
      Strange choice to go to Leicester, where they sack their managers as soon as they have a bad run. Then again, Brendan likes money (see his property portfolio) and they've probably offered him a fair bit more than he's on at Celtic.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39066: Feb 26, 2019 12:15:18 pm
      Strange choice to go to Leicester, where they sack their managers as soon as they have a bad run. Then again, Brendan likes money (see his property portfolio) and they've probably offered him a fair bit more than he's on at Celtic.

That's a strange dig.

Show me someone who says they don't like money, and you'll be showing me a liar.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #39067: Feb 26, 2019 12:23:29 pm
      That's a strange dig.

Show me someone who says they don't like money, and you'll be showing me a liar.

Indeed.

I recall him being criticised for buying a Porsche when he was with us. :D

If I ever have that type of money I'm having tons of flash cars make no mistake.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39068: Feb 26, 2019 12:25:18 pm
      Think Leicester is good move for him a step up from Swansea a step below or two from Liverpool. Leicester are safe from relegation so no pressure on him for the rest of the season. Wonder if this will give Stevie a chance of closing the Gap this season in the league
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39069: Feb 26, 2019 12:42:08 pm
      Good move for Brodge. Glasgow is a shithole and the SPL is muck so a no brainer really.

6 mill more is the bank is nice too.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #39070: Feb 26, 2019 12:44:35 pm
      That's a strange dig.

What you literally have to have it spelled out what somebody "liking money" means? I have to say something like "Brendan likes money significantly more than the average person", so that you can understand that I'm saying I think he's greedy? I never understand people who act thick. What do they get out of it?

Anyway, yeah like I referenced in my original post, Brendan built up a massive property portfolio when he was with us. To me that suggests he's greedy, but it's only my opinion. I think he did an ok job with us, but am not keen on him as a person. Hope that is all simple enough to understand.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39071: Feb 26, 2019 12:46:46 pm
      Indeed.

I recall him being criticised for buying a Porsche when he was with us. :D

If I ever have that type of money I'm having tons of flash cars make no mistake.

Don't be so sure mate.

I'm pretty well off by any measure, and I'm still driving the crappy old Range Rover I bought second hand about 20 years ago.

But then I'm odd, and not really into cars anyway.

Out of interest, can you remember if the Porsche came along at the same time he got his teeth done and  dumped his mrs for a dolly bird?

All that just screamed "mid life crisis" to me.

All that aside, we know BR has a high regard for himself, but surely that self confidence, bordering on arrogance is a must for someone to get to the top in football?
      Others probably just hide it better.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39072: Feb 26, 2019 12:47:41 pm
      Good move for Brodge. Glasgow is a shithole and the SPL is muck so a no brainer really.

6 mill more is the bank is nice too.

Don’t be a f***in moron.

Glasgow is a fantastic city - very, very similar in attitude and lots of aspects of history to Liverpool.

The SPL however is sh*t and the bigotry attaching to the Old Firm a poison.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #39073: Feb 26, 2019 12:49:18 pm
      What you literally have to have it spelled out what somebody "liking money" means? I have to say something like "Brendan likes money significantly more than the average person", so that you can understand that I'm saying I think he's greedy? I never understand people who act thick. What do they get out of it?

Anyway, yeah like I referenced in my original post, Brendan built up a massive property portfolio when he was with us. To me that suggests he's greedy, but it's only my opinion. I think he did an ok job with us, but am not keen on him as a person. Hope that is all simple enough to understand.

He was paid a huge salary and built a property portfolio.

I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with that and why that makes him like money more than the average person? Not like he's the only person in football who is hugely overpaid.

Robbie Fowler has a huge property portfolio as well so guess he's a greedy f**ker then as well?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #39074: Feb 26, 2019 12:51:27 pm
      Don't be so sure mate.

I'm pretty well off by any measure, and I'm still driving the crappy old Range Rover I bought second hand about 20 years ago.

But then I'm odd, and not really into cars anyway.

Out of interest, can you remember if the Porsche came along at the same time he got his teeth done and  dumped his mrs for a dolly bird?

All that just screamed "mid life crisis" to me.

All that aside, we know BR has a high regard for himself, but surely that self confidence, bordering on arrogance is a must for someone to get to the top in football?
      Others probably just hide it better.

I'm into cars myself mate so would definitely treat myself.

I'm pretty certain he got the car soon after he joined us so a fair bit before he dumped his missus.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #39075: Feb 26, 2019 12:53:08 pm
      Apparantly was always leaving in summer anyway. He doesn't get on with the chief exec at Celtic. Thought he would wait till won couple of trophies first, especially the league.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39076: Feb 26, 2019 12:54:29 pm
      I'm into cars myself mate so would definitely treat myself.

I'm pretty certain he got the car soon after he joined us so a fair bit before he dumped his missus.

Fair enough mate.

To be fair, I get bollocked all the time by the mrs for wearing ratty old jumpers and jeans, so it's probably just me.

I like BR, always have, the job here was just a bit too big for him at that stage of his career, but he also gave us one fantastic season, playing some brilliant football.

Quick Reply