Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3032082 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread
      Reply #39077: Feb 26, 2019 01:04:43 pm
      Donā€™t be a f***in moron.

Glasgow is a fantastic city - very, very similar in attitude and lots of aspects of history to Liverpool.

The SPL however is sh*t and the bigotry attaching to the Old Firm a poison.

Sorry mate just my opinion. Was there on a stag went to a Celtic game. Wasn't impressed with the City grubby, homeless everywhere, sh*t night life. Might have just been out in a crap area though.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39078: Feb 26, 2019 01:06:34 pm
      Apparantly was always leaving in summer anyway. He doesn't get on with the chief exec at Celtic. Thought he would wait till won couple of trophies first, especially the league.

Huh??

He's won everything up there with them multiple times.

Hardly difficult like.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39079: Feb 26, 2019 01:08:38 pm
      Sorry mate just my opinion. Was there on a stag went to a Celtic game. Wasn't impressed with the City grubby, homeless everywhere, sh*t night life. Might have just been out in a crap area though.

Jesus fella thatā€™s a bit myopic presenting that as a fact in that way.........

I can think of any number of areas of of any major city (including Liverpool) where people would get the wrong idea if parachuted in.

If you like Liverpool youā€™d love Glasgow - trust me ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39080: Feb 26, 2019 01:13:15 pm
      Jesus fella thatā€™s a bit myopic presenting that as a fact in that way.........

I can think of any number of areas of of any major city (including Liverpool) where people would get the wrong idea if parachuted in.

If you like Liverpool youā€™d love Glasgow - trust me ;)

I've been to Liverpool loads of times it's my favourite city ever for nightlife. Glasgow only the once but it was like chalk and cheese to Liverpool can't believe anyone would think otherwise.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39081: Feb 26, 2019 01:14:32 pm
      I've been to Liverpool loads of times it's my favourite city ever for nightlife. Glasgow only the once but it was like chalk and cheese to Liverpool can't believe anyone would think otherwise.

Where you from?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39082: Feb 26, 2019 01:15:15 pm
      I'm into cars myself mate so would definitely treat myself.

I'm pretty certain he got the car soon after he joined us so a fair bit before he dumped his missus.
      He got the Porsche as a Company car I believe
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39083: Feb 26, 2019 01:19:03 pm

Where you from?

Can you remember where you went in Glasgow out of interest?

Neither Parkhead or Ibrox are in areas one would describe as ā€œaspirationalā€ ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39084: Feb 26, 2019 01:26:49 pm
      Going to Glasgow once and having condemned it is a bit harsh. Like all big cities it has its areas but it has also some outstanding places to live. Believe it or not there are Areas in Liverpool that need modernising with housing stock over 100 years old.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39085: Feb 26, 2019 01:30:13 pm
      Where you from?

Can you remember where you went in Glasgow out of interest?

Neither Parkhead or Ibrox are in areas one would describe as ā€œaspirationalā€ ;)

I was in Bishop Briggs one time.
      One time was enough.

This is back in the mid 90's mind.
      Stayed in on the Friday night, had a few jars etc
      Went into Glasgow City Centre on the saturday night, and I swear to F**k, I have never seen so many lads, bandaged up, on crutches, stitched up etc etc.
      My mate said it was from the night before, and the mad fuckers were going out to do the same again on Saturday night.

City Centre was grand though.
      Nice pubs, nice people for the most part.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39086: Feb 26, 2019 01:42:11 pm
      I was in Bishop Briggs one time.
      One time was enough.

This is back in the mid 90's mind.
      Stayed in on the Friday night, had a few jars etc
      Went into Glasgow City Centre on the saturday night, and I swear to f**k, I have never seen so many lads, bandaged up, on crutches, stitched up etc etc.
      My mate said it was from the night before, and the mad fuckers were going out to do the same again on Saturday night.

City Centre was grand though.
      Nice pubs, nice people for the most part.

Bishopbriggs is one of the northern suburbs - itā€™s just a residential area really with a wee bit of a town centre.

Iā€™m on the southside last 20 odd years but I grew up in a satellite town about 8 miles east and 5 miles or so from Parkhead.

Glasgow - again like Liverpool - has seen massive commercial investment / redevelopment in some areas in the last 20-30 years (post Thatcher).

So many different parts to it now - its a wonderful, cosmopolitan and multi cultural city now.

Anyhow weapons are away I just get a bit defensive about my hometown ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39087: Feb 26, 2019 01:47:41 pm
      Bishopbriggs is one of the northern suburbs - itā€™s just a residential area really with a wee bit of a town centre.

Iā€™m on the southside last 20 odd years but I grew up in a satellite town about 8 miles east and 5 miles or so from Parkhead.

Glasgow - again like Liverpool - has seen massive commercial investment / redevelopment in some areas in the last 20-30 years (post Thatcher).

So many different parts to it now - its a wonderful, cosmopolitan and multi cultural city now.

Anyhow weapons are away I just get a bit defensive about my hometown ;)

My nearest "hometown" would be Athy.
      Hard to defend that place.

Anyway, so we'll be seeing BR's shiny teeth on MOTD again.
      If him and Firmino stand next to each other it's likely to burn out the camera lens.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39088: Feb 26, 2019 01:54:38 pm
      My nearest "hometown" would be Athy.
      Hard to defend that place.

If him and Firmino stand next to each other it's likely to burn out the camera lens.

Athy?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39089: Feb 26, 2019 01:55:09 pm
      I think Leicester is a great fit for him with the players he will have there. I can see them reaching Europa league territory next season. Good luck to him, just not vs us!!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39090: Feb 26, 2019 01:56:50 pm

& Klopp 😁

Back to Rodgers move to the Foxes, was always on the cards at some point after winning it all at Celtic.. Good appointment for the Foxes..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39091: Feb 26, 2019 02:04:04 pm

County Kildare.
      Haven't lived there, or more accurately, near there, for donkey's years.

As an example of what to expect from the place, should you ever find yourself there, there's a drink and drug clinic just outside the town run by nuns, (or used to be) called Cuan Mhuire.
      They used to have a set time for people leaving, and they'd have a bit of accrued dole money when they got out, so the local lads used to wait down the road to mug the poor fuckers.
      Welcome to sobriety  :laugh:

Not that far from Kildangan Stud, and proper bog country, it's also a big place for "the boys" as they're known.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39092: Feb 26, 2019 02:04:41 pm
      & Klopp 😁

Back to Rodgers move to the Foxes, was always on the cards at some point after winning it all at Celtic.. Good appointment for the Foxes..

I think he'll do well there if the owners give him some backing.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39093: Feb 26, 2019 03:15:04 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39094: Feb 26, 2019 03:19:24 pm
      Glasgow is a fantastic city - very, very similar in attitude and lots of aspects of history to Liverpool.

Glasgow is boss. I loved it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39095: Feb 26, 2019 03:21:42 pm
      I quite like watching Leicester from time to time, they've got some good players that I enjoy watching. Rodgers could be a good fit for them and if they develop well under him, could become even more entertaining. Should be interesting
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #39096: Feb 26, 2019 03:34:04 pm
      Huh??

He's won everything up there with them multiple times.

Hardly difficult like.

Yeah i know but still  nice to have trophies to your name even though micky mouse ones.  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #39097: Feb 26, 2019 03:40:04 pm
      No brainer for me.

He's won everything he can for Celtic.  They're never going to win the European Cup.  The domestic competitions aren't really a challenge with the 10x wages over everyone else.

Whether he is motivated by money or not isn't the point.  It just isn't a personal challenge managing Celtic compared to what it would be at Leicester.

And to be fair to Leicester, they do have some very good players, are underperforming and are the kind of team where he will think he can have an instant impact.

If he sits on the sidelines to wait until the summer a lot of those good players may have made plans to move elsewhere and it would be an entirely different challenge for him to join them.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #39098: Feb 26, 2019 03:42:27 pm

The SPL however is sh*t and the bigotry attaching to the Old Firm a poison.

Been to Edinburgh a few times in the past and thought it was lovely place. Also been to Shawfield loads of times (( Greyhound track )) but wasn't keen on that place. Does that still count as Scotland  :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39099: Feb 26, 2019 03:45:24 pm
      Been to Edinburgh a few times in the past and thought it was lovely place. Also been to Shawfield loads of times (( Greyhound track )) but wasn't keen on that place. Does that still count as Scotland  :D

Ha ha Shawfield is a ā€œcultā€ visit Keith Iā€™ll give you that.

Like stepping back in time.

Quick Reply