Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3031786 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread
      Reply #39146: Oct 05, 2019 07:41:57 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49886768

An amusing cringeworthy Rodgers quiz ........ lest we forget.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39147: Oct 05, 2019 07:54:22 pm
      What was the beef between Evans & Edwards..?

What do you call a dispute/disagreement between 2 vegans ? It ccan'tbe called a beef surely ? Is it a quorn ?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #39148: Oct 05, 2019 08:08:55 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49886768

An amusing cringeworthy Rodgers quiz ........ lest we forget.

The guys a loon, 4/10 for me.

Alan Partridge watch out.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39149: Oct 05, 2019 09:47:56 pm
      6/10...

I know a fair bit about Rodgers apparently 😂
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #39150: Oct 05, 2019 11:38:49 pm
      The way things are going, he may up managing the Spuds !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #39151: Oct 06, 2019 01:06:27 am
      Don’t begrudge Brendan or dislike him. He did his best with us, but he’s not Klopp. He setup to play today and didn’t try to park the bus. He will do the same vs the others in the top 5. It was a good win to get, glad we edged them out, it could have went either way. He will have LC in Europa I’d  bet and wouldn’t be surprised to see them top 4.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39152: Oct 06, 2019 06:27:11 pm
      Cringiest manager to ever manage Liverpool.

Nope, that would still be F***ing Woy!!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39153: Oct 06, 2019 06:36:40 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39154: Oct 06, 2019 06:49:59 pm

That spell within two weeks of kissing Fergies arse and not saying a peep about Nani, then claiming we've played the best football all season after getting battered at Goodison 2-0 were two of my personal faves!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39155: Oct 06, 2019 06:54:39 pm
      That spell within two weeks of kissing Fergies arse and not saying a peep about Nani, then claiming we've played the best football all season after getting battered at Goodison 2-0 were two of my personal faves!

Notice the quotes get more demented and he becomes so much more sensitive as his reign reaches it's miserable conclusion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39156: Oct 06, 2019 07:00:35 pm
      Notice the quotes get more demented and he becomes so much more sensitive as his reign reaches it's miserable conclusion.

Hated being proven right about that tw*t! One miserable six month period.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #39157: Oct 06, 2019 08:20:12 pm
      Nope, that would still be f**king Woy!!

Woy who? Never heard of him.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #39158: Oct 06, 2019 10:34:25 pm

Didn't he say something about going to enjoy a glass of red with Sir Alex after we had been beaten bu the scum? With that and the comments after the Everton game it was no wonder he was and still is despised.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #39159: Dec 14, 2019 07:17:45 am
      He is doing a really good job at Leicester, they kinda remind me on LFC 2013/14 season, a bunch of goals (43 in 15 matches), quick attacks with a striker that does not know how to miss. Shame he picked this year to get them back in form.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #39160: Dec 14, 2019 08:15:46 am
      He is doing a really good job at Leicester, they kinda remind me on LFC 2013/14 season, a bunch of goals (43 in 15 matches), quick attacks with a striker that does not know how to miss. Shame he picked this year to get them back in form.
      Difference being that they are not leaking goals like we did that season. Makes you wonder whether it was down to the style of play or the personnel we had.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #39161: Dec 14, 2019 08:33:25 am
      Difference being that they are not leaking goals like we did that season. Makes you wonder whether it was down to the style of play or the personnel we had.

Yeah i noticed that too, we needed to play for a goal more while his defense looks calm and steady, i cant remember who was our other DC beside Skrtel that season...(just thinking out loud, not the topic here)

Its good to have someone breathing down your neck on the table, keeps the players in healthy competitive state and it seem this season it is going to be Leicester, Rodgers has some style of play that is working really well at Leicester, they are looking better and better as the days pass.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #39162: Dec 14, 2019 08:43:27 am
      Yeah i noticed that too, we needed to play for a goal more while his defense looks calm and steady, i cant remember who was our other DC beside Skrtel that season...(just thinking out loud, not the topic here)

Its good to have someone breathing down your neck on the table, keeps the players in healthy competitive state and it seem this season it is going to be Leicester, Rodgers has some style of play that is working really well at Leicester, they are looking better and better as the days pass.
      Well you had Sakho, Agger and Toure in the squad but I can’t quite remember the preferred pairing, maybe Skrtel and Sakho?

I get what you’re saying but I think, with the mentality of this team, it wouldn’t matter how close our rivals are. I mean 8 points is still a big gap but do you think this squad is going to let up? Not a chance.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #39163: Dec 14, 2019 08:56:19 am
      Well you had Sakho, Agger and Toure in the squad but I can’t quite remember the preferred pairing, maybe Skrtel and Sakho?

I get what you’re saying but I think, with the mentality of this team, it wouldn’t matter how close our rivals are. I mean 8 points is still a big gap but do you think this squad is going to let up? Not a chance.

Oh yeah, Mamadou Sakho, i appreciated him much more than Skrtel, no idea why, i felt bad when Agger left too... ah the memories, the season from which i have best and worst memories.

I really like the team BR made that season, Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho... even players like Flanagan and Ibe had something i loved. Shame BR missed on that tittle, than again if he didnt dropped it we would never get Klopp... damn it, football is amazing :D
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2019 09:07:47 am by Pear »
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #39164: Dec 14, 2019 09:04:29 am
      Like many others have said, wait for their match against city and us. We'll have a clear picture of their supposed "title challenge".
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39165: Dec 14, 2019 09:04:34 am
      Don’t begrudge Brendan or dislike him. He did his best with us, but he’s not Klopp. He setup to play today and didn’t try to park the bus. He will do the same vs the others in the top 5. It was a good win to get, glad we edged them out, it could have went either way. He will have LC in Europa I’d  bet and wouldn’t be surprised to see them top 4.

Agreed, he's no Jürgen [what Jürgen has done is incredible really] but obviously has something about him. Crappy quotes aside, could argue if we'd had a GK/defense [or even just a GK] we'd have won the P in 13/14. And at a Leicester without Maguire, Kante, he has them deservedly 2nd in the table [they finished 9th last year] ahead of Citeh. Deffo thinks he gives attacking players belief and room to play, and has inherited a decent defense and GK, so be interesting to see where they end up end of season.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #39166: Dec 14, 2019 09:05:55 am
      Like many others have said, wait for their match against city and us. We'll have a clear picture of their supposed "title challenge".

Well nobody consider them for serious title challengers in the season 2015/16 too.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #39167: Dec 14, 2019 11:46:52 am
      Well nobody consider them for serious title challengers in the season 2015/16 too.

Dude, 2016 was an anomaly, they won the F***ing title with 80ish points, lowest ever. Let the man city game happen, their bubble will burst.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #39168: Dec 14, 2019 11:50:53 am
      Dude, 2016 was an anomaly, they won the F***ing title with 80ish points, lowest ever. Let the man city game happen, their bubble will burst.
      Dude maybe this year turns out even bigger anomaly

Quick Reply