Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Patience and time

Read 4008 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Patience and time
      Reply #23: Jun 02, 2012 09:26:10 pm
      for some reason I can't help but think some sections of our support are sat sharpening their Rafa songs with their fingers crossed hoping its all goes Pete Tong.

I haven't seen too much evidence of this though mate, well not as much as I thought I would.

I'm a Rafa lover myself but my full weight is behind this fella and you know what? I'm really thinking that this could well be the right decision. At this moment in time I'm actually glad that he is the one FSG have chosen.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #24: Jun 02, 2012 09:45:18 pm
      Whilst I agree with the Op and think we should back %100 the problem with that its an individual decision.

I know he'll get my upmost support from the off.

However there are sections of the fan base that don't think like some of us, the kind of fan that did not want Rodgers and will moan, whinge, twist when things don't go our way.

Thats where I fear for Rodgers, with whispers of. Discontent from senior players in the dressing room about the appointment that will only feed the neysayers.

I just hope every one gets behind him and gives him our upmost support but for some reason I can't help but think some sections of our support are sat sharpening their Rafa songs with their fingers crossed hoping its all goes Pete Tong.
      He"s never going to get 100% support Daz ,some will moan because he doesn"t have a European pedigree or some will say what he done with the Swans is down to Martinez. He"ll have a hard time if he doesn"t hit the ground running.And the transfer market is not easy is it, it could gobble him up if it goes wrong and there"s no DOF to sack first. But for all that i"ll give him my full support even though the shine of his appointment was dulled by Kenny"s sacking.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Jun 02, 2012 10:36:33 pm
      I just think some people will react differently in given situations, some will back Rodgers, some will call for his head, some will call for Rafa, some wont.

I'll use JD as an example here, now JD being JD is a level headed, considerate Liverpool fan that can't be seen as anything other than a genuine supporter witha genuine love for all things for LFC.

Now i'm not saying JD, will call for Rodgers head, I'm not saying he'll sing for Rafa, but JD's reaction to Rodgers appointment gives a feeling that he's underwhelmed by it (perhaps JD can clear that up).

But I guess what I'm saying is, is if a good red like JD can feel underwhelmed by Rodgers appointment, whats going on in the absolute whoppers heads ?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26: Jun 02, 2012 10:48:22 pm
      whats going on in the absolute whoppers heads ?

You tell us mate.

;D

;)
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #27: Jun 02, 2012 10:53:17 pm
      I just think some people will react differently in given situations, some will back Rodgers, some will call for his head, some will call for Rafa, some wont.

I'll use JD as an example here, now JD being JD is a level headed, considerate Liverpool fan that can't be seen as anything other than a genuine supporter witha genuine love for all things for LFC.

Now i'm not saying JD, will call for Rodgers head, I'm not saying he'll sing for Rafa, but JD's reaction to Rodgers appointment gives a feeling that he's underwhelmed by it (perhaps JD can clear that up).

But I guess what I'm saying is, is if a good red like JD can feel underwhelmed by Rodgers appointment, whats going on in the absolute whoppers heads ?
      With me it"s kennys sacking that"s taken the lustre from Rodgers appointment and maybe a lot more are feeling the same. All that i know is we have to get behind the man.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #28: Jun 02, 2012 11:11:58 pm
      I think the downfall for all the previous managers has been the signings they have made. If Rodgers brings in players that do well and we again end up 6th the owners wont be that disapointed as he can work with that team for the next season and maybe only need one player.

I believe if Kenny had made more immediate game changer signings i think he would of stayed. I do understand the logic of Kennys signing maybe not FSG though. But now we have to sign anew bunch of players which i dont think FSG were happy about.

Though if Rodgers gets a good bunch of signings i think FSG will be happy even if we finish low on the table because we can develop from that team.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #29: Jun 02, 2012 11:17:36 pm

It's a fair point Daz but I'm sure even if JD is underwhelmed one thing he will do is give the guy a chance.

The whoppers on the other hand don't see things in any rational light and one remotely bad performance or result will have them screaming for Brendan's head.

Nothing we can really do about that but as Rodgers himself said yesterday Liverpool fans are educated football fans and its the next few years where we need to show this and give this guy time to see where he can take us.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #30: Jun 02, 2012 11:50:28 pm
      I think the downfall for all the previous managers has been the signings they have made. If Rodgers brings in players that do well and we again end up 6th the owners wont be that disapointed as he can work with that team for the next season and maybe only need one player.

I believe if Kenny had made more immediate game changer signings i think he would of stayed. I do understand the logic of Kennys signing maybe not FSG though. But now we have to sign anew bunch of players which i dont think FSG were happy about.

Though if Rodgers gets a good bunch of signings i think FSG will be happy even if we finish low on the table because we can develop from that team.
      As we"re on the subject of signings . He can"t sign any player from the Swans for the next year , i wonder does that include any player who"s out of contract ?I personally don"t think that he has a major rebuilding to do, a top notch RW and a class goalscorer ,things aren"t that dire and if he can sway Aquilani to give it one good season then i don"t see a hard season ahead.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #31: Jun 03, 2012 12:03:18 am
      "patience and time" is a wonderful contradiction in football,so too is hindsight.Brendan Rodgers like all other Managers,will be judged on results next season.If you dismiss the eccentrities of corrupt ownership,then might I suggest that the expectation at this club will be at least a top 4 position.In the modern game,with an in-adequate squad,that is down to the owners committment,financially,not necessarily down to the Managers abilities.So NESV,now's the time to "put-up",give him a chance.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #32: Jun 03, 2012 12:34:49 am
      As we"re on the subject of signings . He can"t sign any player from the Swans for the next year , i wonder does that include any player who"s out of contract ?I personally don"t think that he has a major rebuilding to do, a top notch RW and a class goalscorer ,things aren"t that dire and if he can sway Aquilani to give it one good season then i don"t see a hard season ahead.
      Well big ears what did we sign in the January two seasons ago/summer is what we needed, two strikers, two central midfielders, left back and a winger. Now two out of those six signings worked. Its a debatable topic on who didn't and who did. But im just saying only two players Suarez and Enrique have been a success, some people might even just say one and i also believe most of are signings can be a success as again i will say i saw the logic behind Kenny's signing but i Dont think it was the right way forward at that time.

And that time is again. We now need players who can come on and do well and i think if Rodgers signs those players the owners will be happy that their investments are pulling off. The signings such as Henderson and Carroll shouldn't of been so reliant. I mean that they shouldn't of been asked to play every game. They are ones for the future and i think they can be are future. Its just when Kenny came back he needed more players who could come a play and succeed instantly. Though he went with a different approach that the owners didnt get.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #33: Jun 03, 2012 12:57:32 am
      Well big ears what did we sign in the January two seasons ago/summer is what we needed, two strikers, two central midfielders, left back and a winger. Now two out of those six signings worked. Its a debatable topic on who didn't and who did. But im just saying only two players Suarez and Enrique have been a success, some people might even just say one and i also believe most of are signings can be a success as again i will say i saw the logic behind Kenny's signing but i Dont think it was the right way forward at that time.

And that time is again. We now need players who can come on and do well and i think if Rodgers signs those players the owners will be happy that their investments are pulling off. The signings such as Henderson and Carroll shouldn't of been so reliant. I mean that they shouldn't of been asked to play every game. They are ones for the future and i think they can be are future. Its just when Kenny came back he needed more players who could come a play and succeed instantly. Though he went with a different approach that the owners didnt get.
      I think that this is where the owners fall short, a new signing is a gamble and mightened gel straight away, Adam and Downing weren"t the best signings but the rest i think are .When the owners splash out this transfer it"s them that must be patient and give the team time .
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #34: Jun 03, 2012 01:17:42 am
      I think that this is where the owners fall short, a new signing is a gamble and mightened gel straight away, Adam and Downing weren"t the best signings but the rest i think are .When the owners splash out this transfer it"s them that must be patient and give the team time .
      Yer i dont think Adam and Downing were the way forward but the rest were. The owners thought Kenny was in the wrong when he was probably in the right.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #35: Jun 03, 2012 09:45:41 am
      Im willing to give B rod both patience and time.. he has until xmas to have us top 3 and in all comps, no home losses or draws, carroll with 12 league goals downing 12 assists..

No pressure :D
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #36: Jun 03, 2012 09:54:33 am
      Downing isn't written off just yet - he took his time at Villa and like the others suffered with expectations.

Downing suffered a lot more than others with people missing chances - because he was creating those chances people kept missing. He should get another season to show us he is a better player than we saw last season

Adam is a different story - just not good enough. He was the big mistake last season and we had him controlling our midfield.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #37: Jun 03, 2012 09:57:08 am
      And as for time and paitence Rodgers needs a lot.

But witnessing how quickly people turned on a legend like Kenny I worry for Rodgers and I feel our current fanbase lacks the paitence required - that was evident last season.

With some the case is now - one season to succeed or you are out .
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #38: Jun 03, 2012 10:25:12 am
      Quote from Brian78
      With the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as new Liverpool manager, 4th in 2 years, its already obvious to see/read the dissapointment in some fans. Others are tentatively happy, others still, very pleased. So before he's even lifted a Liverpool scarf over his head theres a split in the fan camp.

Everyone is entitled to and has an opinion, which not everyone will agree with and some which pure anger others. At the end of the day the owners have made there choice. All the bitching and moaning in the world can't change that now so basically why bother with the negativity?

Y.N.W.A

The negativity is justified.

The club's greatest living servant with yet another trophy to his name was sacked in an absurd manner, for someone with no trophies at all, no European experience at all, finished below us last year, and got sacked at the world-beaters of Reading. Someone that has cost us several million (valuable transfer funds) quid in compensation alone, and basically admitted recently, that this challenge was too big for him.

Kenny got patience and time from the fans if noone else. But the owners have made their choice. This job is 10 times bigger than what he's just left. It's not for everyone.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #39: Jun 03, 2012 11:25:40 am
      I hsvent read the previous posts so apologies. I have one nagging doub about Brendan Rodgers however, and I believe it is FSG's doubt too. Although FSG's doubt is not about him in particular but about the process in general and the way we have been attacked in the press in the past ( unfairly no doubt, but effectively though). The doubt is obviously player recruitment. I believe FSG want the whole deal here. They want positive press, they want value for money etc. and obviously Rodgers wants the right players. So I think we will buy one or two big names at the right price and these will be players who can't be judged like a Seydou Keita. I think we will get maybe one or two real tough professionals and we will pay for them ( in wages) but they won't be romance players, they will show we are serious.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #40: Jun 03, 2012 07:48:02 pm
      And as for time and paitence Rodgers needs a lot.

But witnessing how quickly people turned on a legend like Kenny I worry for Rodgers and I feel our current fanbase lacks the paitence required - that was evident last season.

With some the case is now - one season to succeed or you are out .
      This is what worries me that we have become a sacking club, are our owners a bunch of kneejerkers or is it that they see that some of the fanbase are impatient and they automatically think that we all are.
      BC231979
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #41: Jun 03, 2012 07:50:51 pm
      Agreed
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #42: Jun 04, 2012 11:13:48 am
      I hsvent read the previous posts so apologies. I have one nagging doub about Brendan Rodgers however, and I believe it is FSG's doubt too. Although FSG's doubt is not about him in particular but about the process in general and the way we have been attacked in the press in the past ( unfairly no doubt, but effectively though). The doubt is obviously player recruitment. I believe FSG want the whole deal here. They want positive press, they want value for money etc. and obviously Rodgers wants the right players. So I think we will buy one or two big names at the right price and these will be players who can't be judged like a Seydou Keita. I think we will get maybe one or two real tough professionals and we will pay for them ( in wages) but they won't be romance players, they will show we are serious.
      I'm with you here, I really do think that they will let him bring in a couple of top drawer players to fit into his system, He could clear some of the dead wood out, ie Adams for one, kuyt's gone as i think he knew he wouldnt fit ( all the best Dirk you were a great servant to this club always 100% YNWA ).
      I also think in my opinion that we have some amazing young players in our academy  who could start to learn and benefit from being given the chance early.
      ie teixara, suso coady etc   
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #43: Jun 04, 2012 11:38:05 am
      I'm with you here, I really do think that they will let him bring in a couple of top drawer players to fit into his system, He could clear some of the dead wood out, ie Adams for one, kuyt's gone as i think he knew he wouldnt fit ( all the best Dirk you were a great servant to this club always 100% YNWA ).
      I also think in my opinion that we have some amazing young players in our academy  who could start to learn and benefit from being given the chance early.
      ie teixara, suso coady etc   

It looks like FSG are serious about the youth policy. Much credit should be given to Rafa for setting this in motion and now to Borell et al. It seems that in our case you have to get rid of the older players who draw big wages and supplant them with youth who of course wont cost as much in wages, and nothing in transfers. However like I said I do believe we will see a couple of players in because we wont have everything we need here already. i am sure Rodgers insisted on this anyway. I know Keita has been mentioned in the press but he is a Barca player an he is a midfielder the type of which we lacked last year. I don't think he and Lucas would be in competition. I think he could play really well with Lucas. I also think we will see a wide midfielder because Kuyt (not really a wide midfielder but we have used him there) is gone and Rodgers uses that Sinclair to good effect with pace out wide.
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #44: Jun 04, 2012 11:47:50 am
      It looks like FSG are serious about the youth policy. Much credit should be given to Rafa for setting this in motion and now to Borell et al. It seems that in our case you have to get rid of the older players who draw big wages and supplant them with youth who of course wont cost as much in wages, and nothing in transfers. However like I said I do believe we will see a couple of players in because we wont have everything we need here already. i am sure Rodgers insisted on this anyway. I know Keita has been mentioned in the press but he is a Barca player an he is a midfielder the type of which we lacked last year. I don't think he and Lucas would be in competition. I think he could play really well with Lucas. I also think we will see a wide midfielder because Kuyt (not really a wide midfielder but we have used him there) is gone and Rodgers uses that Sinclair to good effect with pace out wide.
      Your right about Rafa and Borrell and i really hope Borrell gets to stay at the club has he really likes the job and he is wonderful with the yong lads, they all speak very highly of him. I think Keita would be good for cover for Lucas but not to play along side of him, i personally would go for Affelay as he knows the system and would add to our team perfectly. As for a winger i am trying to rack my brains and cant think at this moment who i would like or who would come at the minute.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #45: Jun 04, 2012 11:50:35 am
      Your right about Rafa and Borrell and i really hope Borrell gets to stay at the club has he really like the job and he is wonderful with the yong lads, they all speak very highly of him. I think Keita would be good for cover for Lucas but not to play along side of him, i personally would go for Affelay as he knows the system and would add to our team perfectly. As for a winger i am trying to rack my brains and cant think at this moment who i would like or who would come at the minute.

Me too on the winger. There has to be some young Brazllian out there no one has heard of.

Quick Reply