Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Gylfi Sigurðsson (Hoffenheim)

Read 71593 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: Gylfi Sigurðsson (Hoffenheim)
      Reply #943: Jul 04, 2012 12:38:45 pm
      Time to lock this one up and dispose of the key.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #944: Jul 04, 2012 12:41:50 pm
      OFFICIAL: Tottenham Hotspur have sign Sigurdsson.
      close this thread as soon as possible plz :P
      I'm happy at least all this speculation is over, I hope he fails terribly there and that we have a much much better season than Tottenham.
      I would be more than happy if we spend the money on wingers and keep Aquilani.

Aquilani is a much better creator, will score less though but Aquilani has experience and will bring to Henderson, Adam and Shelvey things Sigudsonson lacked:class and experience. we must remain positive :)
      YNWA
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #945: Jul 04, 2012 12:43:55 pm
      Thank F**k this is over.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #946: Jul 04, 2012 12:50:54 pm
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #947: Jul 04, 2012 12:51:33 pm
      Ill second that, cant believe how far this thread went.

Spurs complete Sigurdsson swoop
      Tottenham have confirmed the capture of attacking midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson from Hoffenheim as the Iceland international becomes Andre Villas-Boas' first signing.

Sigurdsson's arrival was announced on Spurs' official website on Wednesday after former Chelsea boss Villas-Boas was confirmed as manager at White Hart Lane the previous day.

The club said in a statement: "We are delighted to announce that we have completed the transfer of Gylfi Sigurdsson from Hoffenheim."

Spurs have beaten off competition from Liverpool for the 22-year-old's signature after he was previously linked with a reunion with Brendan Rodgers at Anfield.
      Competition

Rodgers signed the youngster on loan at Swansea from Hoffenheim last season and he caught the eye with a successful stint at the Liberty Stadium.

He scored seven goals in 19 games for the Swans and was named the Premier League player of the month in March.

Swansea had agreed a deal to bring Sigurdsson to the club on a permanent basis but the potential move collapsed following Rodgers' departure to Merseyside.

The Iceland international originally moved to England with Reading, coming through their academy to make 51 appearances and scoring 23 times.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7867864/Spurs-complete-Sigurdsson-swoop
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2012 01:10:57 pm by kenny »
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #948: Jul 04, 2012 12:58:46 pm
      ... and nothing to do with money (lack of) or backing from FSG? Hmmm... you've got me thinking as to why 'Brendan' didn't just withdraw the bid and offer then.

Maybe it's me that's being f**king stupid here but if Brendan "didn't rate him worth the trouble" why run the risk of having to pay for him? In fact: why even bid for him?

My brain hurts.  :dunceblock:

Not having a dig but, how can you only come to this conclusion?.. I mentioned in my other one of a thousand reasons why he may not wear our jersey..

BR: "Wouldn't mind Siggy.. Good player, cheap, fits into my philosophy.......... But I'm not going to encourage our accountants to pay that much for him" (whatever Totty offered?)..

But fans are more comfortable in thinking we have no financial clout/pulling power in the market based on our failure to get Sigursun?
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #949: Jul 04, 2012 12:59:06 pm
      Well said!

I hope he enjoys the 20k extra a week he'll be receiving playing for Spurs.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #950: Jul 04, 2012 01:15:08 pm
      Well said!

I hope he enjoys the 20k extra a week he'll be receiving playing for Spurs.

The thing is, it would be hard for any player to ignore 20k more a week, considering its probably his first big contract?

It makes sense them trumping us if Modders leaves em...? Of course Totty would pay more for him than us..
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #951: Jul 04, 2012 01:25:11 pm
      Hope You Rot there Gylfi.

You'll regret your decision.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #952: Jul 04, 2012 01:31:01 pm
      Andy Carroll - £35M - 4 goals in 35 apps
      Stewart Downing - £20M - 0 goals in 36 apps
      Jordan Henderson - £16M - 2 goals in 37 apps
      Total - £71M - 6 goals in 108 apps

Gylfi Sigurdsson - £8M? - 7 goals in 18 apps

Thank God we don't need a goalscoring midfielder anyway eh  :f_tongueincheek:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #953: Jul 04, 2012 01:32:04 pm
      Hope You Rot there Gylfi.

You'll regret your decision.

Really?

People are allowed to go where they want..

He was offered a better deal for him and his family by two different clubs who mean nothing to him apart from as a place to work.

If we don't admit we would do the same then we are lying.. If it was me in my job and a boss I enjoyed working for went to another company and wanted me to go with him but at the same time another company offered me a better deal then I would go there.

We love Liverpool... Few players are fans...

The bigger picture is potentially more worrying but a better time to judge is at the end of the window.

SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #954: Jul 04, 2012 01:35:25 pm
      Next
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #955: Jul 04, 2012 01:35:39 pm
      Again, apart from Rodgers saying he'd look at Gylfi if he came available, has he actually said he's a key signing and we'd do anything to sign him, including what Rodgers may feel is overpaying him or are people just looking for weapons to attack FGS with?

:lmao:

I don't see anyone chasing them with a kosh Or WMd's or any other form of weaponry, don't know what gives you that though,but what I do agree is that there are other reasons to "attack" FSG verbally.....ie Kenny Dalglish, Suarezgate"etc,etc.

Back on Gylfi more of a blessing in disguise than our misfortune,had a chance to work with his former manager who's philosophy and work ethic he understood,excelled under his guidance and missesd an opportunity to represent a institution of a Football Club.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #956: Jul 04, 2012 01:36:10 pm
      Meh, see ya.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #957: Jul 04, 2012 01:36:29 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #958: Jul 04, 2012 01:38:01 pm
      Andy Carroll - £35M - 4 goals in 35 apps
      Stewart Downing - £20M - 0 goals in 36 apps
      Jordan Henderson - £16M - 2 goals in 37 apps
      Total - £71M - 6 goals in 108 apps

Gylfi Sigurdsson - £8M? - 7 goals in 18 apps

Thank God we don't need a goalscoring midfielder anyway eh  :f_tongueincheek:
      We are talking the Premier League and.....remind me again what is the other league you speak of?
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #959: Jul 04, 2012 01:40:05 pm
      The thing is, it would be hard for any player to ignore 20k more a week, considering its probably his first big contract?

It makes sense them trumping us if Modders leaves em...? Of course Totty would pay more for him than us..

I didn't mean it to sound like I was begrudging him of it, because we can move on from this.

20k a week more for a team that finished in the top 4. Anybody who isn't a Liverpool fan wouldn't blame him.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #960: Jul 04, 2012 01:41:19 pm
      LOCK IT!!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #961: Jul 04, 2012 01:41:45 pm
      Really?

People are allowed to go where they want..

He was offered a better deal for him and his family by two different clubs who mean nothing to him apart from as a place to work.

If we don't admit we would do the same then we are lying.. If it was me in my job and a boss I enjoyed working for went to another company and wanted me to go with him but at the same time another company offered me a better deal then I would go there.

We love Liverpool... Few players are fans...

The bigger picture is potentially more worrying but a better time to judge is at the end of the window.

Not arsed re: Sigurdsson. Anybody who turns Liverpool down for a Johnny come lately club like Spurs is clearly motivated by money. Spurs is a donkey club and will always remains the same.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #962: Jul 04, 2012 01:48:34 pm
      We are talking the Premier League and.....remind me again what is the other league you speak of?

I don't get what you're saying?
      Those numbers are all in the EPL, Sigurdsson alone in half a season scored more than these 3 combined in a full EPL season
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #963: Jul 04, 2012 01:50:43 pm
      Not arsed re: Sigurdsson. Anybody who turns Liverpool down for a Johnny come lately club like Spurs is clearly motivated by money. Spurs is a donkey club and will always remains the same.

A guy with no emotional attachment to the club may see it differently to us..

Everyone is motivated by money... No more so than the owners of our club.. There were probably more than one reason that this deal fell through but money from both sides would be the key factor yes.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #964: Jul 04, 2012 01:57:44 pm
      http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/sigurdsson-to-join-club-04072012.page

Confirmed on their site as well.
      Time to move on.

P.S. Shelvey is going to do better this season then Gylfi.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #965: Jul 04, 2012 01:59:13 pm
      The fact is he's gone to Spurs , personally think he's mad , but there you go , he's gone.
      Let's discuss targets who want to play for this club and won't have their heads  turned by money.
      He's turned down a manager who he knows and values , to play for a manager he doesn't know and who is only known in this country for a failed spell at Chelsea and lets face it , is a bit odd.

Quick Reply