Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Gylfi Sigurðsson (Hoffenheim)

Read 71601 times
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Gylfi Sigurðsson (Hoffenheim)
      Reply #966: Jul 04, 2012 02:01:10 pm
      Very much a meh conclusion, we haven't exactly lost out on Messi.

I think if he was Brendans number 1 target then he would be a Liverpool player now. This is the owners first proper appointment as manager. I can only assume they will back him reasonably.

Brendan is no fool, how many managers have been beaten with the "overpaid for average players" stick. For the first time in a while a player tried to take us for mugs on wages and we said no. Too often we've bowed to that pressure, today we haven't. And if this is the case then I am happy with it. It means we can get players that want to be here and we're not mugs to be bent over for other cubs.

There is plenty of time left in the window and no doubt there are deals in work as we speak. Lets move onward and upward.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #967: Jul 04, 2012 02:04:14 pm
      If that's what he wants to do, that's his business.

We move on to the next target and hope him and Tottenham fail miserably in the years to come.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #968: Jul 04, 2012 02:09:46 pm
      A guy with no emotional attachment to the club may see it differently to us..

Everyone is motivated by money... No more so than the owners of our club.. There were probably more than one reason that this deal fell through but money from both sides would be the key factor yes.
      About the owners. I've lost hope in them. The more I think, the more it is turning out to be like previous regime. They are only here to make huge profit. They will ultimately sell the club. FSG promised us the world and have delivered little. Half of the signings were covered by Torres.

I know people will stay that they'll judge them at the end of the window but I for one will be amazed if we secure any big signing.

It f***in hurts seeing all the clubs around us securing quality players. They are getting stronger and stronger. Getting into top 4 is bigger task then ever. We are still the same with the same squad.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #969: Jul 04, 2012 02:11:04 pm
      I don't get what you're saying?
      Those numbers are all in the EPL, Sigurdsson alone in half a season scored more than these 3 combined in a full EPL season
      Sorry mate misunderstanding.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #970: Jul 04, 2012 02:19:10 pm
      Very much a meh conclusion, we haven't exactly lost out on Messi.

I think if he was Brendans number 1 target then he would be a Liverpool player now. This is the owners first proper appointment as manager. I can only assume they will back him reasonably.

Brendan is no fool, how many managers have been beaten with the "overpaid for average players" stick. For the first time in a while a player tried to take us for mugs on wages and we said no. Too often we've bowed to that pressure, today we haven't. And if this is the case then I am happy with it. It means we can get players that want to be here and we're not mugs to be bent over for other cubs.

There is plenty of time left in the window and no doubt there are deals in work as we speak. Lets move onward and upward.

Totally agree with this.

Lets calm down a bit and imagine this entire situation substituting in a player such as Ramirez / Lucas / Cavani (last 2 in my dreams btw  ;D )  Then we can start getting worked up and blaming owners etc.

I'd like to think that SIg was identified as a good addition to squad at price and wage BR was aware of at Swansea. He's no world beater, prob not worth the spuds salary and as already fallen out with past management, a potential problem to manage (which BR thought he could manage from personal experience).

Remember this player, for some reason or other, was not wanted by Hoffenheim!!

This is my take anyway!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #971: Jul 04, 2012 02:28:15 pm
      Enjoy mediocrity for those big bucks, Gylfi ;)

Thread well and truly, locked.

Quick Reply