Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

info required Valencia - Espanyol

Read 3381 times
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      info required Valencia - Espanyol
      Sep 27, 2007 08:35:29 pm
      I've managed to blag a trip to Valencia to see Valencia - Espanyol next month and was hoping someone could provide me with a wealth of knowledge about the teams, form players etc.

I know about David Villa & Morientes but know little else about either team, please enligthen me ;D
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Re: info required Valencia - Espanyol
      Reply #1: Sep 27, 2007 08:52:00 pm
      Valencia Club de Fútbol (also known as Valencia CF or Valencia) are a Spanish professional football club based in Valencia. They play in La Liga and are one of the most successful clubs in Spanish football. Valencia have won six La Liga titles, six Copa del Rey trophies, three UEFA Cups, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and two UEFA Super Cups. They have also been UEFA Champions League final runners-up on two different occasions in 2000 and 2001, losing to La Liga rivals Real Madrid in 2000 and German club Bayern Munich in 2001. Valencia are also members of the G-14 group of leading European football clubs.

Valencia were founded in 1919, and have played their home games at the 53,311-seater Estadio Mestalla since 1923. They are soon to move into the 75,000-seater Nou Mestalla in the north-west portion of the city in 2009. Valencia have a long-standing rivalry with Levante, also located in Valencia, and with another club in the Valencian Community region, Villarreal.

Valencia is the third most popular football team in Spain (5,3), only behind Real Madrid (38,2) and FC Barcelona (25,7). It is also one of the biggest clubs in the world in terms of number of associates (registered paying supporters), with more than 45,000.

Hope that helped you learn a little bit more. :) :)

Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #2: Sep 27, 2007 09:02:24 pm
      Cheers Bpatel
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #3: Sep 27, 2007 09:10:59 pm
      That's alright! Anything else you want to know about?
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #4: Sep 27, 2007 09:45:33 pm

I'm sure Venners could do with knowing a good Spanish barber  :laugh:

Bpatel info on Valencia - nicked from here, perchance? ;) The Espanyol equivalent is here.

Both Valencia's and Espanyol's sites have an English language section, and in general, this link might be of interest: http://www.aboutvalencia.com/
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #5: Sep 27, 2007 09:55:32 pm
      Cheers Jammy I will peruse at my leisure tomorrow, at work of course ;), your only jealous of the mullet you wait and see all the kids will be sporting one next year :afro:, what next your be comparing my dress sense to that of Barnsie next.

what can I say you've either got it or you ain't :pimp:

dont surpose you know next weeks lotto numbers?
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2007 09:59:21 pm by Venison 86 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,165 posts | 8548 
      Reply #6: Sep 28, 2007 12:20:27 pm
      Alright Venison, hope you have a good time at the Mestalla, other players to look out for are of course Joaquin, David Silva, two of their wingers, Rueben Baraja and David Albeida, centre-mid pairings.

While in Valencia, don't forget to check out Manolo's Bar, the Bloke takes a drum every game, has been going for years and yes has his own bar, don't whereabouts it is, but I know the guy is almost like what Dr Fun was for us, ie a character.

Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #7: Sep 28, 2007 08:02:32 pm
      Cheers Huyton will try and check it out just goggled it and its right by the stadium
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Sep 28, 2007 10:20:21 pm
      Can't give you a wealth of knowledge Venison mate, but this might come in handy looking up the squad:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/squad?id=94&cc=5739

And you've got to have it large while you're there and take full advantage of shaking those flowing locks of blonde hair!  ;)

http://www.valenciavalencia.com/nightlife-guide/nightlife-in-valencia.htm

Have a good time mate and let us know how it goes!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: Sep 28, 2007 10:59:23 pm
      And you've got to have it large while you're there and take full advantage of shaking those flowing locks of blonde hair!  ;)

purely to watch the football bed by 10 ;) all I know so far is there is about 20 blokes going and to be at the airport for 3 on Friday back on Monday definitely will be a quite weekend full of :food-smiley-005: local culture might even take in a show or two :f_whistle:
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #10: Oct 05, 2007 12:24:26 am
      I've managed to blag a trip to Valencia to see Valencia - Espanyol next month

When are you off Ven?  Might be around that locality the weekend of the 20th.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #11: Oct 05, 2007 11:55:00 am
      When are you off Ven?  Might be around that locality the weekend of the 20th.

T minus 5 hours leaving for airport in about hour & a half, should be enough time for them to clean up afterwards before you get there

Quick Reply