Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

**Cycling All 92 Grounds For Charity - Please Support!

Read 1519 times
      Dave+Pete92
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 3 posts |
      **Cycling All 92 Grounds For Charity - Please Support!
      Jun 12, 2012 08:27:39 pm
      What We Are Doing:
      My mate and I (19 and 20 year old lads) are going to be cycling to all 92 football grounds next summer in the quickest time we can possibly achieve. It is set to be a grueling challenge with well over 2,000 miles to be cycled, of which we will be aiming to complete anywhere between 50 and 100 miles everyday for just over a month.

Why Were Doing It:
      My step-brother died of a rare form of cancer in 2010 at the age of 25 following just a one year battle. Since then we formed a family charity, known as Edgar's Gift, which aims to raise money to enable us to provide special days out, unique experiences and luxury gifts for young adults aged 18-30 who are suffering from cancer. Through this event we intend to raise significant awareness of the charity as well as raise money to try and help bring a little bit more light into the battle of cancer sufferers.

If you would be willing to take a second to 'like' the charity on Facebook and 'follow us' on Twitter that would help significantly:
      http://www.facebook.com/Edgarsgift https://twitter.com/#!/Edgarsgift

We will also be creating a blog closer to the time that will be posted for people interested in following our progress.

Also, a route is being created now and as soon as it is finished this will also be uploaded on here, and anyone that is interesting in cycling any of the legs with us two are more than welcome and please don't hesitate to contact.

I want to make this as big as possible so any help/support/suggestions that you may have please leave a comment or get in touch.

Thank You
      MsGerrard
      Re: **Cycling All 92 Grounds For Charity - Please Support!
      Reply #1: Jun 12, 2012 11:13:14 pm
      How Inspiring  :clap:

Well done and good luck to the pair of you, hope you manage to raise loads of money and I think it's wonderful what you are doing.

Good luck lads  :gt-happyup:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #2: Jun 12, 2012 11:34:19 pm
      How Inspiring  :clap:

Well done and good luck to the pair of you, hope you manage to raise loads of money and I think it's wonderful what you are doing.

Good luck lads  :gt-happyup:

I have to echo these sentiments. :clap:

Well in lads and good luck. ;)

YNWA
      Dave+Pete92
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 3 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 13, 2012 11:34:05 am
      Thanks a lot for your support!!
      It will be one hell of an effort but well worth it.
      Will keep the forum updated on progress and any developments.

Hopefully Liverpool will be willing to help in some way, be contacting them soon!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #4: Jun 13, 2012 05:16:18 pm
      Thinking about how many punctures and such you'll be repairing here...

Good luck to you both. I've cycled a county before and it's inspiring - especially when you enter the really beautiful stuff like the countryside and woods.

You'll enjoy it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Jun 13, 2012 06:45:43 pm
      Fantastic thing your doing lads,the very best of luck to you, just keep pumping those legs,

incidently, where are you from, and where do you think you will be leaving from?
      Dave+Pete92
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 3 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 19, 2012 12:28:48 pm
      I am from Leicester area and Pete is from Devon way but he's a Donny fan... Not entirely certain on where we will be starting from just yet but will keep everyone updated.

Just want to thank you all for your great comments and support for the event and charity.
      If anybody does want to sponsor our challenge please visit: http://t.co/uZ375HCy
      Be aware that every penny you give will go directly towards buying a gift for a young cancer sufferer.

Thank You
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Jun 19, 2012 01:26:23 pm

Whereabouts?

Quick Reply