Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

108 Year Season Ticket Holder Removed for Corporate Space

Read 12948 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: 108 Year Season Ticket Holder Removed for Corporate Space
      Reply #23: Jun 13, 2012 05:26:15 pm
      This isn't anything to do with your rampant obsession with complaining about FSG is it?
      Get a grip !
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #24: Jun 13, 2012 05:26:28 pm
      Its more about what is about to come rather than one individual.Money is God and for those bleating about her having this ticket I bet if you checked with her a lot of her family members will be season ticket holders and over those 108 year will have supported the club through thick and thin.
      Can't believe the dismissive attitude towards her but then again this is what we have become.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #25: Jun 13, 2012 05:34:39 pm
      Its more about what is about to come rather than one individual.Money is God and for those bleating about her having this ticket I bet if you checked with her a lot of her family members will be season ticket holders and over those 108 year will have supported the club through thick and thin.
      Can't believe the dismissive attitude towards her but then again this is what we have become.

I cant speak for anyone else Walton but I'm not being dismissive of this lady or her family as they are obviously loyal match going reds but I don't see how we are supposed to redevelop the stadium or, if it comes to it, move to a new stadium without upsetting some people.

I personally don't want us to leave Anfield and have always thought we should do everything possible to stay and if the small price to pay for that is that some people will have to move seats then so be it.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #26: Jun 13, 2012 05:46:20 pm

No. You piss and moan about everything they do, this is just another stick to beat them with for you.

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #27: Jun 13, 2012 05:50:23 pm
      I cant speak for anyone else Walton but I'm not being dismissive of this lady or her family as they are obviously loyal match going reds but I don't see how we are supposed to redevelop the stadium or, if it comes to it, move to a new stadium without upsetting some people.

I personally don't want us to leave Anfield and have always thought we should do everything possible to stay and if the small price to pay for that is that some people will have to move seats then so be it.
      If we are to stay at Anfield ? just adding 15000 seats will not be enough for us to catch up with Arsenal and Man U match day revenue, we will need many more corporate boxes, so personally I see this as a good move. If we are staying ?

What I don't like is what appears to be a very dismissive attitude towards this womans complaint by fellow supporters   
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #28: Jun 13, 2012 05:52:44 pm
      Even though I like the behind closed doors aspect of how the club's being run at the moment for me what's missing here is that FSG should consult or at least let the fans in on the plans for this, it has no bearing if information is out about what they plan to do about the stadium at all. All that's going to happen is little snippets of info like this and the tweet you mention will pop up and we'll be left scratching our heads AGAIN.

Sort it out FSG and inform the people who matter about something that matters to us.

^ This is spot on. Letting the fans know about this doesn't to any harm whatsoever. Not like buying players/getting a manager is it?

As for the news story....she should be grateful she's still getting offered a seat!!! OK, after 108 years I get the history that goes with the seat etc. but F***ing hell it's not like she's being kicked out of Anfield is it!
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #29: Jun 13, 2012 05:56:27 pm
      No. You piss and moan about everything they do, this is just another stick to beat them with for you.

I have never hid my dislike for the owners. I never will hide my dislike for the owners.

This has nothing to do with the owners I am commenting on other peoples posts in the thread

You are being paranoid !   
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #30: Jun 13, 2012 06:43:27 pm
      I was not joking, you should be embarrassed !

What's that FSG? You want me to move just because you want to try and better Liverpool Football Club by making more money to improve the facilities and strengthen the team!

You are asking me to move to another seat of my choosing, just so you can try to circumnavigate the FIFA Fair Play Rules by earning a bit more extra cash so we can better balance the books!!!?

You, are asking me, to move - just because you want to generate some much needed income so we can try to bridge the gap between us and Man City, Man Ure, Chelsea, Arsenal, and now teams like Spurs!

How dare you ask me to pick another seat! All because you have a vision of where you want Liverpool Football Club to be in a few years, and one of the main things right now for all involved at Liverpool FC would be to move to a bigger stadium - but that's not possible right now, so you resort to underhanded tactics like this!!!?

You Yanks! Coming over here and buying us off those other nice Yanks who showed us a nice big picture of a new stadium! And you think by paying off all our debts, and saving us from going into liquidation you can ask me to choose another seat!!?

You should be embarrassed!

Proves you don't care about me and the other fans!

Who do you think you are!!!?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31: Jun 13, 2012 06:48:36 pm
      WTF !

No new stadium then. We know where this is going.

Fenway Park style thats where.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #32: Jun 13, 2012 06:52:21 pm
      What's that FSG? You want me to move just because you want to try and better Liverpool Football Club by making more money to improve the facilities and strengthen the team!

You are asking me to move to another seat of my choosing, just so you can try to circumnavigate the FIFA Fair Play Rules by earning a bit more extra cash so we can better balance the books!!!?

You, are asking me, to move - just because you want to generate some much needed income so we can try to bridge the gap between us and Man City, Man Ure, Chelsea, Arsenal, and now teams like Spurs!

How dare you ask me to pick another seat! All because you have a vision of where you want Liverpool Football Club to be in a few years, and one of the main things right now for all involved at Liverpool FC would be to move to a bigger stadium - but that's not possible right now, so you resort to underhanded tactics like this!!!?

You Yanks! Coming over here and buying us off those other nice Yanks who showed us a nice big picture of a new stadium! And you think by paying off all our debts, and saving us from going into liquidation you can ask me to choose another seat!!?

Yep, who do FSG think they are.

+ for you.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #33: Jun 13, 2012 07:04:38 pm

Great post.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #34: Jun 13, 2012 07:05:50 pm
      Nothing at all wrong here - it's not her seat - she rents it from the club.

They've also offered her some kind of a choice where her next seat will be.

Everyone moans about wanting to see us move in the right direction - but moan themselves when it comes to them having to do something. It's not as if she's losing something, it's just being changed.

I'd give my seat up no probs as long as I had the same kind of seat choice.

Totaly agree!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #35: Jun 13, 2012 07:06:04 pm

So dont f***in moan about the atmoshpere at Anfield.Because stuffing it with expensive corporate seats will mean Anfield will be like a morgue even more so than it is at times now.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #36: Jun 13, 2012 07:07:05 pm
      Now that she has gone to the press, I would just revoke her season ticket and tell her to watch it on tv if she wants to never worry about moving. There are a lot of people out there that spend just as much if not more money the same as her and she feels in someway because her family have been lifelong reds (like Im sure a lot of people's here are) she should be treated like royalty? Honestly, by going to the press she knew that it would be bad publicity for the club, so I have no respect for her. If you have a problem then discuss with the club behind closed doors. Now I hope she gets nothing.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      Reply #37: Jun 13, 2012 07:09:16 pm
      So dont f***in moan about the atmoshpere at Anfield.Because stuffing it with expensive corporate seats will mean Anfield will be like a morgue even more so than it is at times now.

The atmosphere is sh*t anyway. The movement of 55 67yr old women and replacing them by some suits will make F**k all difference in that department.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #38: Jun 13, 2012 07:09:30 pm

do you honestly think filling Anfield with corporate seats will help the Atmosphere which lots of people complain about now.
      You see it at Wembley already the seats that take a while to fill up after half time whilst the customers finish their half time drink etc.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #39: Jun 13, 2012 07:10:21 pm
      The atmosphere is sh*t anyway. The movement of 55 67yr old women and replacing them by some suits will make f**k all difference in that department.
      and it will defiinitely NOT improve it either.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #40: Jun 13, 2012 07:11:04 pm

I never said I was against moving 55 season ticket holders so we make more money, I am glad FSG are trying to get more money from corporate boxes.

What I didn't like was the way you were dismissive of a long standing supporters because she complained 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      Reply #41: Jun 13, 2012 07:11:34 pm
      do you honestly think filling Anfield with corporate seats will help the Atmosphere which lots of people complain about now.
      You see it at Wembley already the seats that take a while to fill up after half time whilst the customers finish their half time drink etc.

You can not have both sides of the debate.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #42: Jun 13, 2012 07:13:10 pm
      Much-ado-about-nothing as far as Im concerned.

Whatever decision the owners make, someone is going to get upset and throw their toys out the pram. If introducing more corporate seats bridges the massive deficit between what we/the other top clubs earn, good stuff.

I care more for seeing our club be successful than I do for a womens hereditary season ticket being moved to a new seat Im afraid.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #43: Jun 13, 2012 07:14:44 pm
      I think the main point I take from the article is more that it looks like the expansion of Anfield is a goer now. As for her seat, if they were doing a new Stadium she'd be moving further than a row or stand even. Holding a ticket for 108 years would hold a wrench though.

The main thing I would take from it is that there won't be an expansion of Anfield in the near future, or they wouldn't be F***ing about with petty alterations.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #44: Jun 13, 2012 07:16:51 pm

You can not have both sides of the debate.
      ???
      LFCexiled
      Reply #45: Jun 13, 2012 07:20:10 pm
      The main thing I would take from it is that there won't be an expansion of Anfield in the near future, or they wouldn't be F***ing about with petty alterations.

Depends where her seat is and whether the expansion allows for 15k expansion with separate corporate banding.

Quick Reply