Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

Tello (Barcelona)

Read 40359 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Tello (Barcelona)
      Reply #184: Aug 15, 2012 05:57:33 am
      And just because a young player is coming from Barce doesnt automatically mean he is good enough for us.

Will they loan us Cuenca and Thiago ? I bet they wont - what about Pedro as he dropped of the radar ? Nope

I would prefer to nuture our own youngsters thanks we have plenty of them ready for that chance.

If we want to loan someone of Barce then loan Affelay not some kid who is very unproven.

I never said being from Barça makes a player automatically good enough for us, I was just questioning the logic that, as he couldn't get into their team, then he wasn't ready for us, which is obviously bollocks since both teams are well apart at this point in time in terms of quality.

As for him being good enough, I think he is. You might think he isn't, and that's fair enough, I was just questioning a completely flawed logic there.

I don't think Tello would be an absolute star for us, but even if he comes just to provide more depth, it would be a very welcome addition indeed.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #186: Aug 15, 2012 10:52:20 am
      Aww sh*t Barca look to be giving him a new contract. That means he must have been good enough for us. Damn.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #187: Aug 15, 2012 12:30:50 pm
      Take from this what you will:

@barcastuff: Tello stays registered as B-player but gets a serious payrise and guaranteed first team playing time. Possible renewal of 2013 contract [md]

@FootballAgent49: Tello loan deal to Liverpool wont be happening now, Sahin still a strong possibility.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #188: Aug 15, 2012 01:00:14 pm
      Eziz Allamov ‏@Ezizallamov

Cristian Tello will extend his contract at Barcelona, and will not join Liverpool, say Catalan radio station Ona FM.

When did Borat's agent get a Twitter?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #189: Aug 15, 2012 01:11:25 pm
      Not a big loss to be honest. He's talented but I don't think he'd have been the difference between top four or not.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #190: Aug 15, 2012 01:43:01 pm
      Gutted to miss out on him as I see him being a fantastic player in a few years.

On the other hand, I could say the same about a few of our own youngsters. Sterling, Suso etc.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #191: Aug 15, 2012 01:44:50 pm
      @barcastuff saying that Tello is staying put.

Then he puts in a nice Agger/Barca quote.

That's me done on twitter for the day/week.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #192: Aug 15, 2012 02:48:34 pm
      I don't know that much about the player tbh but I was excited about the possibility of some more talent (and genuine pace) coming in for the wide areas. Fingers crossed BR has his eye on a couple of other prospects.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #193: Aug 15, 2012 03:39:21 pm
      La Liga News ‏@laliga_news
      Cristian Tello's agent: "We haven't reached an agreement with Barcelona in order to renew his contract. We need to keep on talking".
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #194: Aug 15, 2012 03:42:50 pm
      barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
      Tw Tello: "Good training! Getting ready for the weekend.. Looking forward to the start of the competition! Grtz http://bit.ly/NphQJD"

Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #195: Aug 15, 2012 03:54:44 pm
      La Liga News ‏@laliga_news
      Cristian Tello's agent: "We haven't reached an agreement with Barcelona in order to renew his contract. We need to keep on talking".
      barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
      Tw Tello: "Good training! Getting ready for the weekend.. Looking forward to the start of the competition! Grtz http://bit.ly/NphQJD"

both qoutes contradicting other. ???
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #196: Aug 16, 2012 04:02:30 pm
      I understand your annoyed but continually bringing up Andy Carroll as a beating stick is pissing me off. Every post is about comparing someone to Carroll because he cost 35m, scored 12 goals and someone playing elsewhere has done better than him.

Id like to see anyone on here react to the situation as dignified and strong as him. No one says he is a superstar, they see a much improved and more confident player now beaten back down and told to leave.

Only seen this now...
      Well, like it or not, Andy Carroll is the best example of how you don't do transfers, and hopefully a lesson learned. The price is not his fault, but neither am I blaming him for that. I'm just looking from a Liverpool perspective, not the player's. As for being 'dignified', well up until the Newcastle game I would call him rather lazy on the pitch and his reaction to being subbed disgraceful. Indeed he improved but not only it is quite easy to improve when you've been rubbish, but also it was only for a couple of a games.

If he leaves Liverpool he might not have the chance again in his career to join a club of this size, it's not necessarily loyalty, I would too be embarrassed about leaving LFC to West Ham only 1 year and a half later of becoming the most expensive British player of all time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #197: Aug 16, 2012 04:34:03 pm
      Only seen this now...
      Well, like it or not, Andy Carroll is the best example of how you don't do transfers, and hopefully a lesson learned. The price is not his fault, but neither am I blaming him for that. I'm just looking from a Liverpool perspective, not the player's. As for being 'dignified', well up until the Newcastle game I would call him rather lazy on the pitch and his reaction to being subbed disgraceful. Indeed he improved but not only it is quite easy to improve when you've been rubbish, but also it was only for a couple of a games.

If he leaves Liverpool he might not have the chance again in his career to join a club of this size, it's not necessarily loyalty, I would too be embarrassed about leaving LFC to West Ham only 1 year and a half later of becoming the most expensive British player of all time.

I think his substitution was more a load of frustration built during the game and the boos from his former club who he continually states he still loves.

But he turned it around from there and his on field performances and attitude have been top notch, inc. gesturing to the crowd and appreciating them at every chance.

He could of gone to West Ham and been a key player, been with his great friend Kevin Nolan and been on the mega bucks. Instead he chose to stay and fight. I know his options are Liverpool or West Ham but people have dropped lower for less money.

Sure, he would be on comfortable wages here too but he'd be getting a significant pay jump there i imagine.

And i don't think we can base anything about his hesitation to move about being 'embarrassed' per say. Could be he wants to fight and prove himself, could be because he wants to be closer to Newcastle, could be because he just moved, etc.

Anyways, sorry if it came across as personal. Reading over it, it looks that way (not intended to do so).
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #198: Aug 19, 2012 08:07:22 pm
      But he turned it around from there and his on field performances and attitude have been top notch, inc. gesturing to the crowd and appreciating them at every chance.

It's true he has improved, I just don't think it has been to such a great level. Comparatively the improvement is great, but I still don't think he has proven anything. It's good to have a player willing to prove himself though, as opposed to the lethargic fella we used to have.

He could of gone to West Ham and been a key player, been with his great friend Kevin Nolan and been on the mega bucks. Instead he chose to stay and fight. I know his options are Liverpool or West Ham but people have dropped lower for less money.

Sure, he would be on comfortable wages here too but he'd be getting a significant pay jump there i imagine.

And i don't think we can base anything about his hesitation to move about being 'embarrassed' per say. Could be he wants to fight and prove himself, could be because he wants to be closer to Newcastle, could be because he just moved, etc.

Yeah I wasn't implying that embarrassment was the only reason for him to stay, that's not what I meant. I just don't think it's really a matter of loyalty to Liverpool, him refusing to go to West Ham. It would, if Barcelona were making a bid for him, not West Ham. Leaving us for WHU would probably be the end of his chances of ever playing for a club as important as ours for the rest of his career.

Anyways, sorry if it came across as personal. Reading over it, it looks that way (not intended to do so).

No problem, I know I keep mentioning him, maybe way too much. It is just because I think he is the perfect example to add some perspective to ourselves, both in terms of transfers and performance.

On topic: Tello is starting for Barcelona today against Real Sociedad in the Spanish league. I don't think he's leaving anymore.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #199: Aug 19, 2012 08:44:05 pm
      Tello had direct participation in 3 of the 4 Barcelona goals so far.

And there were people saying he wouldn't be an improvement for us...
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #200: Aug 19, 2012 09:05:28 pm
      Yeah, this ain't happening after his performance tonight.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,353 posts | 4968 
      Reply #201: Aug 19, 2012 09:09:31 pm
      I don't know too much about Tello so maybe you lot can answer this:

If he started tonight was there really any possibility of him going on loan to anyone?
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #202: Aug 20, 2012 10:56:41 am

If he started tonight was there really any possibility of him going on loan to anyone?
      No. To be honest.

He started one or two games last season but mainly came on after 65/70 minutes. He got more and more game time as the season went on. It does appear he could be playing much more this season, OR barca were putting him in the shop window against a lesser team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #203: Aug 20, 2012 11:56:08 am

I got to catch several of Barca's games last season and he seemed to be a fairly common sub and I can remember thinking that he was going to be one to watch for them. When the speculation reached a fever pitch that we might get him on loan I was very suprised.....
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #204: Aug 20, 2012 12:00:36 pm
      Unlucky, one of the best options we could have had really in this transfer market, but looks prominent that it will rather be A. Johnson or Dempsey.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Cristian Tello - Barcelona (loan)
      Reply #205: Dec 30, 2013 01:23:02 pm

Barcelona winger in line for Liverpool loan move

Liverpool are set to land Barcelona winger Cristian Tello on loan for the rest of the season, according to reports in Spain.

Brendan Rodgers' bid to take Liverpool back to the Champions League has suffered in the last week following back-to-back defeats at Manchester City and Chelsea and the accumulation of several injuries to first-team players.

Following the 2-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge, Rodgers expressed his desire to bring in reinforcements in January and Radio Marca claim Tello will be the first new arrival at Anfield next month.

The 22-year-old, rated at £10.5m, has managed just two league starts for Barca this season and admitted last month that he would consider leaving the Nou Camp if his first-team prospects did not improve.

http://talksport.com/football/barcelona-winger-line-liverpool-loan-move-13123073650
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Cristian Tello - Barcelona (loan)
      Reply #206: Dec 30, 2013 01:47:55 pm
      Sing that bad boy up..! No once can say that we have seen a lot of him, he never plays! But from what I have seen and beleive he is a class act...

Forget the fact it is on Loan, I think with FFP now in place this will be the future of how all clubs do business.

Quick Reply