Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Tello (Barcelona)

Read 39884 times
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Re: Cristian Tello - Barcelona (loan)
      Reply #207: Dec 30, 2013 01:50:51 pm
      Yes please.

An upgrade on Moses surely.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #208: Dec 30, 2013 02:30:20 pm
      Please, please, please, PLEASE!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #209: Dec 30, 2013 02:46:34 pm
      Just buy him, please!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #210: Dec 30, 2013 05:11:15 pm
      If that's true he would be a great addition -get a move on Before Spurs get a sniff.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Re: Tello (Barcelona)
      Reply #211: Dec 30, 2013 05:26:28 pm
      Barcelona winger in line for Liverpool loan move

Liverpool are set to land Barcelona winger Cristian Tello on loan for the rest of the season, according to reports in Spain.

Brendan Rodgers' bid to take Liverpool back to the Champions League has suffered in the last week following back-to-back defeats at Manchester City and Chelsea and the accumulation of several injuries to first-team players.

Following the 2-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge, Rodgers expressed his desire to bring in reinforcements in January and Radio Marca claim Tello will be the first new arrival at Anfield next month.

The 22-year-old, rated at £10.5m, has managed just two league starts for Barca this season and admitted last month that he would consider leaving the Nou Camp if his first-team prospects did not improve.

http://talksport.com/football/barcelona-winger-line-liverpool-loan-move-13123073650

Here we go again... can't wait for the summer window when he's linked again. And in January 15, summer 15,..........Would deffo love this signing though :)
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #212: Dec 30, 2013 06:10:39 pm
      Here we go again... can't wait for the summer window when he's linked again. And in January 15, summer 15,..........Would deffo love this signing though :)

We was linked to signing him last season wern't we but didn't he sign a new contract or something?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #213: Dec 30, 2013 06:51:23 pm
      We was linked to signing him last season wern't we but didn't he sign a new contract or something?
      Yeah we were being a lot, so maybe there was something in it. I don't think he signed a contract but he told marca that he want to stay at barca and fight for his place. Then the rumours calmed down . But here we go again.

Think Tello is the new villa/silva for us, every window he will be linked with us and we all, me including will start dreaming then poof nothing ;D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #214: Dec 30, 2013 07:04:31 pm
      Not quite sure what to think about this.  If we're also close to signing Salah then that would be Tello plus Salah right into the starting XI, and then Sturridge when he gets  fit again.

And that would mean Sterling would barely get a look in.  And I think he's been brilliant the last few matches.

Would hate to see him go down the pecking order again.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #215: Dec 30, 2013 07:33:02 pm
      Not quite sure what to think about this.  If we're also close to signing Salah then that would be Tello plus Salah right into the starting XI, and then Sturridge when he gets  fit again.

And that would mean Sterling would barely get a look in.  And I think he's been brilliant the last few matches.

There's this thing called squad depth, you may not have heard of it before since we barely have any! Sterling should only be a squad player atm but again he's having to play because of a lack of choices.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #216: Dec 30, 2013 07:51:54 pm

This outlook is completely wrong. We're not going to challenge for anything with this attitude. If Sterling is good enough then he'll earn his place in the starting team and his time by playing well - not by being the only one available. Our squad is devastatingly thin and is costing us points both directly and indirectly therefore we need to bring in depth.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #217: Dec 30, 2013 07:57:25 pm
      If we bring in Tello and Sterling loses his place so be it.

That is the whole idea. Buy player who are better than the ones you have to make the squad stronger.
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2013 08:44:48 pm by srslfc »
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #218: Dec 30, 2013 07:58:44 pm
      Sterling should only be a squad player atm but again he's having to play because of a lack of choices.

Mate I disagree.  I think the form he was in at Spurs and City would be enough to get him into the starting XI of almost any team in the league.  He outshone Suarez himself at Spurs.  Sterling is not someone we play "because of lack of choices."  Brad Smith was someone we played because of lack of choices.

As for depth, it's not on the wing where we are lacking in squad depth.  We have Sterling there, Suarez plays on the wing easily, Coutinho can play on the wing, Sturridge can play on the wing, then you've got Ibe in a pinch.

It's midfield where we need improvements.  I'm all for bringing in a new attacking player.  With an attacking three of Suarez, Sturridge + new player, with Coutinho slipping to #10, where he's best.  That would mean Sterling could come off the bench to run them ragged.

But two new attacking players?  Look if we've got the funds then fine, but it's painfully clear from yesterday (and the whole season) that where we need improvement ASAP is in midfield.  Lucas, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, they all need improving upon.  If we do that and have money left over for a second new attacker, great, but I don't understand why it's a priority.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #219: Dec 30, 2013 07:59:17 pm
      lf get tello on loan, you think we still get salah who l think is much better player and not other loan
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #220: Dec 30, 2013 08:20:38 pm

Mate I disagree.  I think the form he was in at Spurs and City would be enough to get him into the starting XI of almost any team in the league.  He outshone Suarez himself at Spurs.  Sterling is not someone we play "because of lack of choices."  Brad Smith was someone we played because of lack of choices.

As for depth, it's not on the wing where we are lacking in squad depth.  We have Sterling there, Suarez plays on the wing easily, Coutinho can play on the wing, Sturridge can play on the wing, then you've got Ibe in a pinch.

It's midfield where we need improvements.  I'm all for bringing in a new attacking player.  With an attacking three of Suarez, Sturridge + new player, with Coutinho slipping to #10, where he's best.  That would mean Sterling could come off the bench to run them ragged.

But two new attacking players?  Look if we've got the funds then fine, but it's painfully clear from yesterday (and the whole season) that where we need improvement ASAP is in midfield.  Lucas, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, they all need improving upon.  If we do that and have money left over for a second new attacker, great, but I don't understand why it's a priority.

;D!

Outshone a player who set up 2 goals and scored 2 goals against Spurs? Ok mate.

As for Tello, just a genuine question, do we really need him IF we did end up signing Salah? I mean he wants first team prospect I don't think he will get that if we ended up Mohammad Salah. I think a midfielder is a priority and not forwards really, I don't think we have been struggling with goals, we've been struggling mostly in the center of the park

Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #221: Dec 30, 2013 08:26:01 pm
      Salah is better than Tello, but for a loan deal I'd have him.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #222: Dec 30, 2013 09:02:24 pm
      We need him. Big 2nd half of season for us.  Br seems to think alberto, aspas and moses not able tp contribute at the level we need for a top 4 objective.

Starting 11 looking tired already. Fresh injection needed to shake things up.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #223: Dec 30, 2013 09:05:21 pm

We have been linked with him quite a few times yes. Think he signed a new contract with Barca last year, but I'm not sure.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #224: Dec 30, 2013 09:06:53 pm
      He has to be better than the dross we bought in the summer , F***ing awful summer transfers and a big chunk of change for them as well . F**k them on the scrapheap Rodgers and start again before we drop any more points .
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #225: Dec 30, 2013 09:27:30 pm
      Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 2h
      Cristian Tello is leaving Barcelona to join Liverpool on loan in January. (Source: Marca)

Do I win the prize for the 1st Twitter Transfer Confirmation?  :champ:
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #226: Dec 30, 2013 09:41:42 pm
      Cristian Tello is leaving Barcelona to join Liverpool on loan in January. (Source: Marca)

How credible is Marca ? I will believe this when I see it happen.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #227: Dec 30, 2013 09:55:06 pm

They also say Salah will sign on Thursday. I doubt we'd sign both. Have no idea if they are reliable or not like
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #228: Dec 30, 2013 09:56:36 pm
      So can we send Moses back then.... ?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #229: Dec 30, 2013 09:56:59 pm
      popping down to the shop , I've ran out of salt .

Quick Reply