Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Tello (Barcelona)

Read 39886 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: Tello
      Reply #23: Jun 14, 2012 02:18:54 pm
      In theory, he has already been schooled in the type of system that we are going to play under Brendan Rodgers, so if it is true that he is available for £7M then it makes a lot of sense to snap him up.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Re: Tello
      Reply #24: Jun 14, 2012 02:31:02 pm
      I haven't seen a lot of Tello so I can't really comment but of the comments I've seen is this:

"Tello runs towards the box from left wing , then does an outside dodge and shoots. That is all he does again and again throughout the match, without passing the ball ever. He has great speed but needs to learn a lot before being considered the future."

Does this ring true for anybody?

I would have to disagree with this from the handful of times I saw him play.  Like most players in Guardiola's Barca teams, he fits the pass and move philosophy to a "T"   He is very calm and composed with the ball at his feet and his short passing is very crisp and tidy, even in very tight situations.  He will look to take on his man and have a shot at goal when it is available to him, but he is not a selfish forward like the comment would seem to suggest. 

The thing that impresses me most about him is his sheer athletic ability!!  Many other things can be developed (touch, positioning, etc) but it is hard to take an average athlete and turn them into a phenomenal athlete.  To me, this kid looks like he has all of the physical attributes to be a top player in England.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Tello (Barcelona)
      Reply #25: Jun 14, 2012 03:03:07 pm
      £7 million?! MAKE IT HAPPEN! I know Guardiola was pretty fond of Tello. Great talent, has the ability to become a star one day.

One concern: Will Barcelona really sell him at £7 million without inserting a buy-back clause?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #26: Jun 14, 2012 03:07:47 pm
      Personally haven't seen anything that special about Tello, watched him a good few times and he has pace for sure but seems a bit of a 1 trick pony when it comes to skill. He does like to try and beat his man and shoot every time he gets the ball, generally his method of beating his man is one step over and a flick with the left foot and to be fair it works often enough but in Sterling I feel we have someone with masses more potential than Tello and it could potentially hinder his progress.

£7m is not a big outlay considering his age and potential to be used on the other wing when Sterling develops enough to take his place so I'm not against this signing but I'm also not overly excited either.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #27: Jun 14, 2012 03:21:35 pm
      If this kid is as good as everyone is suggesting then why don't Barca sign him up for a few more years?
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #28: Jun 14, 2012 03:35:40 pm
      If this kid is as good as everyone is suggesting then why don't Barca sign him up for a few more years?

I have a feeling that is what is going to happen.  The "7M valuation" is just tabloid rumors.  I think I remember Guardiola saying Tello was part of his plans for the future before he stepped down, so I'd be surprised to see the lad leave unless (as some have suggested) he has an automatic buy back clause for a set fee inserted into his contract.  They have certainly wised up since letting Fabregas slip away for peanuts and then having to pay an arm and a leg to get him back. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #29: Jun 14, 2012 03:39:53 pm

My feeling on this is that if they aren't ready to put him in the starting 11 right away then they know he will leave for guaranteed first team football when his contract is up. Would he be in our starting 11 right away? Not sure about that so this could all be smoke and mirrors. To be honest I think Sterling would give him a run for his money but overall I think he'd be a good signing if he was willing to put in the effort to fight his way into the starting 11.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #30: Jun 15, 2012 01:47:51 am

I'll give you six reasons:
      1) Messi
      2) Villa
      3) Sanchez
      4) Pedro
      5) Afellay
      6) Cuenca

The 7m that they'd make off him could go towards buying someone for a position that actually needs to be covered. They need a new center back as Puyol isn't getting any younger. Left back also a weak spot due to Abidal's recovery process. There just isn't a space in the team for him, he's 20 years old probably looking for a lot of time if not a starting spot, and Barcelona could use that money for something else.

I think he'd fit well into a Rodgers team. He comes from Barcelona so he's obviously been trained as a tiki-taka setup winger. I watched him about 5 times last season and he played very well every time except he had one bad game against Real Madrid (acceptable in my opinion seeing as how he's a 20 year old going up against one of the best sides in the world).

He's quick, very tricky, and intelligent. He doesn't slam crosses into the box and hope for the best, he takes on a man, picks his head up, finds a target in the box and sends the ball to his feet or his head. If he doesn't cross, he's more than capable of taking on the man, cutting in, and having a shot. For 7 million, I'd take him in a heartbeat and I think he'll be a starter within a few games unless we sign two top quality, proven wingers this window.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #31: Jun 15, 2012 05:45:59 am
      Would love to have this kid here
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #32: Jun 15, 2012 07:44:01 am
      1) Messi
      2) Villa
      3) Sanchez
      4) Pedro
      5) Afellay
      6) Cuenca

They are 6 pretty good reasons! The club had best move pretty quickly though as i suspect there will be a few others interestred in the kid if they really are considering letting the kid go.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33: Jun 15, 2012 10:38:05 am

They are 6 pretty good reasons! The club had best move pretty quickly though as i suspect there will be a few others interestred in the kid if they really are considering letting the kid go.
      Not forgetting Deulofeu. Would be a great signing for us, we need pace in the team.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #34: Jun 15, 2012 01:17:22 pm
      I'm a bit wary of doing business with Barcelona. They'd probably insist on a buyback clause, no?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #35: Jun 15, 2012 04:13:08 pm
      1) Messi
      2) Villa
      3) Sanchez
      4) Pedro
      5) Afellay
      6) Cuenca

The 7m that they'd make off him could go towards buying someone for a position that actually needs to be covered. They need a new center back as Puyol isn't getting any younger. Left back also a weak spot due to Abidal's recovery process. There just isn't a space in the team for him, he's 20 years old probably looking for a lot of time if not a starting spot, and Barcelona could use that money for something else.

I think he'd fit well into a Rodgers team. He comes from Barcelona so he's obviously been trained as a tiki-taka setup winger. I watched him about 5 times last season and he played very well every time except he had one bad game against Real Madrid (acceptable in my opinion seeing as how he's a 20 year old going up against one of the best sides in the world).

He's quick, very tricky, and intelligent. He doesn't slam crosses into the box and hope for the best, he takes on a man, picks his head up, finds a target in the box and sends the ball to his feet or his head. If he doesn't cross, he's more than capable of taking on the man, cutting in, and having a shot. For 7 million, I'd take him in a heartbeat and I think he'll be a starter within a few games unless we sign two top quality, proven wingers this window.

The problem with Tello is that he does that too much, he is pretty selfish. If he scores then everybody is happy but when he doesnt, it really start to irritate the rest of the team. I remember messi being pissed at him at one occasion.
      but for 7 mil, i say sign him.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #36: Jun 15, 2012 04:29:53 pm
      Tello is a VERY direct player, more than the other 6 you mentioned, which is why I'd imagine Barca is looking to offload him. He will look to beat his man almost every time. Good or bad? It all depends, I suppose.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #37: Jun 15, 2012 06:57:54 pm
      Tello is a VERY direct player, more than the other 6 you mentioned, which is why I'd imagine Barca is looking to offload him. He will look to beat his man almost every time. Good or bad? It all depends, I suppose.

In theory that would seem a big upgrade over Downing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: Jun 15, 2012 06:58:15 pm
      Has an eye for goal coming in off that left hand side.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #39: Jun 15, 2012 07:05:48 pm
      Liverpool FC News
      Barcelona are for now rejecting all offers they receive for BarcA B players like Cristian Tello. [via @barcastuff]

Wonder why they would sell him??very promising young talent,and for the reported 7million,Dont think its going to happen hope i am wrong!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Jun 16, 2012 01:11:14 am
      Hmmm, so he's not for sale then? Didn't think he would be. Time we started producing these players ourselves anyway. Sterling aside we are thin on the ground with real quality in reserve level, and we bought him from London anyhow!

Where are the scallies!?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #41: Jun 17, 2012 01:44:43 pm
      Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
      Barcelona doesn't want to get rid of Tello and want him to stay. After getting Alba, they will try to get a centre back.Possibly nobody else
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #42: Jun 17, 2012 01:51:09 pm
      Of course they want him to stay, but the question is does Tello want to play behind Messi, Pedro, Fabregas, Alexis, Villa (when he comes back from injury) and potentially Cuenca?
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #43: Jun 17, 2012 02:29:29 pm
      He was getting a lot of playing time under Pep would he get that with the new manager? I don't know. He might want to stick around at least until January to find out.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #44: Jul 17, 2012 10:13:23 pm
      Eziz Allamov ‏@EzizAllamov
      Liverpool target Cristian Tello has signed for Atlético Madrid on a three-year deal for £4.7m. (AS)

They've got a bargain there.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #45: Jul 17, 2012 10:17:35 pm
      Eziz Allamov ‏@EzizAllamov
      Liverpool target Cristian Tello has signed for Atlético Madrid on a three-year deal for £4.7m. (AS)

They've got a bargain there.

wow, we really missed out there.if we looks for young talents then why dont we have an eye on the players in barca youth system and reserves. for that price he should have been our first priority.

Quick Reply