Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Alberto Aquilani (LFC -> Fiorentina/AC Milan)

Read 59658 times
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 612 posts |
      Alberto Aquilani (LFC -> Fiorentina/AC Milan)
      Jun 14, 2012 02:48:57 pm
      http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/calcio_mercato/2012/06/12-245468/Rescissione+per+Aquilani%3A+ora+firmer%C3%A0+con+il+Milan

Translation goes like this
      Alberto Aquilani is going to do ... return to AC Milan. The midfielder scored after the blitz earlier this week, the termination of the contract (one year from 4 million euros net per season) from Liverpool and now expects to meet Galliani to sign a new agreement with the club of via Turati. The only remaining obstacle to overcome is tied to the "golden handshake" that Liverpool will recognize the former red and yellow. We assume a "bonus" from 4 million euros compared with a savings, before tax for the English club, at least 3 times. Galliani had indicated at Aquilani for the road ... return to Milanello doing must stop in Liverpool where the midfielder has spoken personally with the new manager Brendan Rodgers has clearly said that the player would not be back in his plans for next season. Instead Aquilani will be very useful to Allegri that after losing Gattuso, Seedorf and Van Bommel out of contract will have to do even less than that Flamini did not find the new agreement, sharply downward, with the club in Via Turati.

TL;DR
      • Aquilani contract terminated
      • He gets 4 milion in compensation
      • Milan get him for free

Let me be the first to say : WHAT THE F**k!
      padron my french
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015 02:01:12 pm by JD »
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Liverpool -> AC Milan)
      Reply #1: Jun 14, 2012 02:52:05 pm
      Think his agent came out today & stated theres no possibility of his contract being terminated.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2: Jun 14, 2012 02:59:53 pm
      Want to pull this post from Dadorious from the player thread:

I like that move. We're looking to unload him, and we're linked with Ramirez. Why not use Aquilani as a bargaining chip in cash+player deal?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3: Jun 14, 2012 03:40:17 pm
      Want to pull this post from Dadorious from the player thread:

I like that move. We're looking to unload him, and we're linked with Ramirez. Why not use Aquilani as a bargaining chip in cash+player deal?

Other than the fact that AC MIlan and everone else seem to be counting the value of the "Aquilani chip" at around 42 pence, there's no reason. If we aren't going to have him back, we should cancel his contract and save ourselves 3-4 million quid. Surely the worst piece of transfer business in the history of the club.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #4: Jun 14, 2012 03:45:27 pm
      Other than the fact that AC MIlan and everone else seem to be counting the value of the "Aquilani chip" at around 42 pence, there's no reason. If we aren't going to have him back, we should cancel his contract and save ourselves 3-4 million quid. Surely the worst piece of transfer business in the history of the club.

Total sh#thouse in my opinion. Was chuffed when we signed him but he's shown no desire and agitated for a move as soon as it looked like it'd take him a while to adjust.

At the end of the day we need to move on - doesn't look a great deal but we're over a barrell now after two years on loan.

Get shot of
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #5: Jun 14, 2012 04:32:36 pm
      I am of a different opinion of Mick and Scotia.  If he refuses to play for us and we cannot get a decent value for him in the transfer market, the I say we let him rot in the reserves for the next two seasons.  He is 28 years old, so his career would effectively be over if he doesn't play competitively for the next 2 years. 

We should draw a hard line in this scenario.  Too often we get made to look like fools in the transfer market, so I think it is time we send a message to everyone that we will not be taken advantage of anymore!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6: Jun 14, 2012 04:57:01 pm
      I am of a different opinion of Mick and Scotia.  If he refuses to play for us and we cannot get a decent value for him in the transfer market, the I say we let him rot in the reserves for the next two seasons.  He is 28 years old, so his career would effectively be over if he doesn't play competitively for the next 2 years. 

We should draw a hard line in this scenario.  Too often we get made to look like fools in the transfer market, so I think it is time we send a message to everyone that we will not be taken advantage of anymore!!

Problem is mate it would cost us £8 million in wages to do that. I certainly think we should "threaten" to do that unless he changes his position on a payoff. Bad enough to get nothing for him, I would rather not pay him to go as well.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7: Jun 14, 2012 05:32:09 pm
      In no other profession could you get away with moaning like a little bi*ch that you're home sick and want to work in your own country. If as it seems is obvious that this is the truth I'm disgusted with him and honestly don't understand how player power has become so strong that we're so far over a barrel we're drowning.

The entire saga has been an embarrassment from beginning to end and truthfully I'm sick of his name being mentioned.
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #8: Jun 14, 2012 05:44:21 pm

I'm with you on this. Fook him and fook Joe Cole if they want their cake and eat it. Stick em in the ressies for the rest of their careers. If they really do give a shi...t about it they will rip up their contracts and go leech off someone else's wage bill for a couple more years. Either you come back to LFC, pull your socks up and work hard or cancel your contract. That's the message i'd be sending out.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #9: Jun 14, 2012 06:45:16 pm
      Problem is mate it would cost us £8 million in wages to do that. I certainly think we should "threaten" to do that unless he changes his position on a payoff. Bad enough to get nothing for him, I would rather not pay him to go as well.

Saint's got it right about the cost but I doubt Aqua would make it 2 full seasons wallowing away on the bench. IF he even made it one season that would probably be all it takes and he'd be begging to do whatever it took to move on.

Can't we loan him out again and let someone else pick up his wage bill? It still seems like we should hold all the cards on this one.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #10: Jun 16, 2012 03:15:58 am
      Can't we just send him on a cruise somewhere exotic?, as part of that cruise we could send him to a secluded uninhabited island. Drop him off there and then nuke the c**t.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Jun 16, 2012 03:32:02 am
      We get it lad, you want him out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8522 
      Reply #12: Jun 16, 2012 03:35:38 am
      Can't we just send him on a cruise somewhere exotic?, as part of that cruise we could send him to a secluded uninhabited island. Drop him off there and then nuke the c**t.

Really want to piss him off, steal his Mussolini bust!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #13: Jun 16, 2012 03:37:59 am

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #14: Jun 16, 2012 04:26:11 am
      Let's face it we were well and truly worked over by the Italians and the sad part is there is not much we can do about it.
      vaughan
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #15: Jun 16, 2012 06:35:01 am
      can't we move on already? Thet lad does not want to play for us that's apparent partly why the italians knew they could screw us over. Bag of ability he has of course but it's wiser we close this chapter sooner rather than later.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Jun 16, 2012 09:01:46 am
      Shove him in the reserves for the remainder of his contract, show him we can be awkward bas**rds too when we want to be! I did want him back but sick of this guy thinking he can do whatever he wants. Hang him out to dry!
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #17: Jun 16, 2012 09:38:31 am
      Think I should should be allowed to handle discussions on his future. A meeting would go something along the lines of;

Me: 'Alberto, F**k off.'
      Me: 'Good day'
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Jun 16, 2012 10:02:14 am
      Think you're all being too harsh on the lad myself.

After his first season, Roy and Cecil Purslow go out and buy some CM and CAM and tell him he's surplus to requirements, send him out on a nice little loan deal with an agreed fee.

That summer he wasn't talking about returning to Italy he was talking about having a good season playing for us.

Then Kenny takes over goes out and buys some CM, CAM's  and sends Aquilani out on loan again showing he's surplus to requirements by having an agreed fee.

That summer Aquilani stated he would liker to remain in Italy but wouldn't be adverse to staying in Liverpool.

Yes he asked Kenny for some guarantee's, but then again wouldn't you after the way he was treated by Cecil and Roy?, they didn't exactly make him feel wanted or that he had a place at the club to come back to by agreeing a fee with Juventus did they ?

LFCexiled
      Reply #19: Jun 16, 2012 10:20:20 am
      Think you're all being too harsh on the lad myself.

After his first season, Roy and Cecil Purslow go out and buy some CM and CAM and tell him he's surplus to requirements, send him out on a nice little loan deal with an agreed fee.

That summer he wasn't talking about returning to Italy he was talking about having a good season playing for us.

Then Kenny takes over goes out and buys some CM, CAM's  and sends Aquilani out on loan again showing he's surplus to requirements by having an agreed fee.

That summer Aquilani stated he would liker to remain in Italy but wouldn't be adverse to staying in Liverpool.

Yes he asked Kenny for some guarantee's, but then again wouldn't you after the way he was treated by Cecil and Roy?, they didn't exactly make him feel wanted or that he had a place at the club to come back to by agreeing a fee with Juventus did they ?

You can call it harsh Daz but the harsh reality is he doesn't want to be here and he's milking us for £4m a year, I can't feel an ounce of pity for him.

Nuke the c**t. ;D
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #20: Jun 16, 2012 10:36:59 am

I say lets not play him in the reserves as well. Not allow him to come near the training. Totally ban him from any activities with Liverpool for the next two years and not let him play for another club.

Over the years we have got losses from players. Let this be the last loss but teach him and his agent a lesson that you cannot be messing with us.

I cannot remember a player who I loved so much and then hate so much while he still being a LFC player.

If the above mentioned is not possible, as Hardcore said - Nuke the c**t. :f_steam:
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #21: Jun 16, 2012 11:55:52 am
      If we keep him here , reserves or not we have to fork out 4M per year , for what for a player who will not give us anything back if he is thrown in the ressies
       so why not close this chapter for good and sell him for 4M (  I think most italian clubs will want him at that price) and gain that money instead  of giving it to him
         after all does rodgers want  to give him a  second chance here ?
        YNWA

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #22: Jun 16, 2012 12:52:58 pm
      Till i actually hear him speak the words that he does not like being here or sn lfc player then i will support him.

Not gonna go slagging him off, he has seen 3 managers depart so surely he has to ask the question WTF?

Quick Reply