Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Alberto Aquilani (LFC -> Fiorentina/AC Milan)

Read 59699 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina/AC Milan)
      Reply #529: Jul 31, 2012 08:53:35 pm
      Please just get this deal done.
      So bored of this saga.
      So hope he is followed by Adam and Carroll
      Finally then we might have some proper dish to spend and some space freed up for players that will actually move us forwards. 
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #530: Jul 31, 2012 08:59:10 pm
      Yep, I am a fan (although starting to ask myself why) but sick to the back teeth of this saga dragging on every season.  So, take the huge loss of cash on the chin and get him off the wage bill.

Alberto, we hardly knew ya.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #531: Jul 31, 2012 09:18:51 pm
      Which dick drew up this contract?

You can't blame the person who gave him the contract originally for the club's decision to give him €5million now, altho it does sound ludicrous the money he's on.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #532: Jul 31, 2012 09:21:47 pm

To quote one of my favourite films:

Verbal Kint: After that my guess is that you will never hear from him again. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

I've been one of the people who believed Aquilani was an excellent footballer, but the bit in bold sounds like him in reverse.

Maybe the greatest trick Aquilani (or his agent) every pulled was convincing us that Aquilani does exist.

This saga has got to then point where even the majority of Aquilani's defenders just wish he'd disappear in a puff of smoke, especially for £125,000 per week.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #533: Jul 31, 2012 10:23:50 pm
      Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
      Aquilani's underwhelming spell at Liverpool is all but over. Just a matter of time now before he departs.

Tony Barrett is normally on the money with these things.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #534: Jul 31, 2012 10:24:48 pm
      LFC Transfer Speculations
      Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes
      Aquilani's underwhelming spell at Liverpool is all but over. Just a matter of time now before he departs.

Some merry go round this lad has had!!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #535: Jul 31, 2012 10:26:48 pm
      Can not wait till this thread gets locked.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #536: Jul 31, 2012 10:27:33 pm
      Golden handshake...hope that's nothing like a Golden shower.....

I'm kind of hoping it is  8)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #537: Jul 31, 2012 10:28:12 pm
      This saga has got to then point where even the majority of Aquilani's defenders just wish he'd disappear in a puff of smoke, especially for £125,000 per week.

Yep.

Staggering amount of money to pay this guy and I'm one who thinks he is a very talented footballer.

We could have almost three players on those wages who would contribute much more to the squad the Alberto has.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #538: Jul 31, 2012 11:10:34 pm
      I've been getting a little swayed to arguments of how he wants to be here and sh*t lately and how the poor little bok eyed f**k is the model professional who can change our f**king world and all that absolute bollocks from the people on here who I believe are actually deluded by this f**k head.

Gave me head a wobble and went back to type.

Believe this:

Pirlo is in a different league to Aquilani and I will not hear any different.

I cannot wait to see the back of this renegade for whatever the price.

I want him off our wage bill so the club can go and put it's arse in a bucket of ice to cool the pain from the repeated dry bum rapes we've been taking from the player, his agent and the Italian clubs he's been playing for whilst we've been contributing the bulk figure of his wages - if anybody can't see that this tw*t has taken us for an astronomical ride then I f**king give up, wake the f**k up lads, please.

The only time I'll be happy to see this cu*ts name on this forum is when it's got the word 'Locked' next to it.

And this still:

Get what you're saying but for me it is very straight forward.

The lad signed for us, didn't want to be here but liked the money, got his moves back to Italy where he played in the league he wanted to be in whilst the club he didn't want to be at paid his wages and the clubs he did want to be at got his services for practically jack sh*t whilst he, his agent and club he wanted to be at laughed their bollocks off at club he didn't want to be at.

Talk about getting your cake, waggling your cock in it and then getting someone to eat it!

If a club that I didn't give two shits about was that f**king easy to walk over then I'd probably do it myself.

People please understand:

HE IS LAUGHING HIS F***ing HEAD OFF AT US. HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE.

I have not seen any evidence to suggest any different from those two statements.

Sad f**ker for quoting myself but I don't care.

F**k him right off!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #539: Aug 01, 2012 08:44:43 am
      Verbal Kint: After that my guess is that you will never hear from him again. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that poof Aquilani. He's gone.

Fixed that for you Ayrton.  ;D

Personally I'll miss his winning smile and the way, when he caught your gaze, he had one eye looking at you and the other looking for you. 

Arrivederci Alberto.  :celebrate:
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #540: Aug 01, 2012 09:07:39 am
      Fixed that for you Ayrton.  ;D

Personally I'll miss his winning smile and the way, when he caught your gaze, he had one eye looking at you and the other looking for you. 

Arrivederci Alberto.  :celebrate:

Yeah its true, he had eyes like a bus stop... One there and one round the corner..

Not sad or happy really.. Like I said before, to this day (due to circumstance/his fault) I don't think anyone on this board have seen enough of him to actually decide if he's a good "player" or not.. Still..
      I can't say he's sh*t, we should have got rid, and I can't get all teary eyed either.. Very strange the way it all panned out..
      As a player we still might never know but as an employee of LFC, It had to be sorted..
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #541: Aug 01, 2012 09:28:48 am
      I have come to the conclusion that i will be glad when I see A lock put on this thread,then I will know for sure that he is no longer a L.F.C.employee.I can't say player as he has hardly played for us but he has cost us a fortune in transfer fees and wages.
      borinired
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #542: Aug 01, 2012 03:01:01 pm
      The fact of the matter guys is we havent replaced him with anyone who has his creative ability. henderson adam spearing shelvey are not even close so its our own fault for not not sorting it not his im afraid.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #543: Aug 01, 2012 05:53:11 pm
      Am I right when I heard the latest rumour ?!?

The fee for Aquilani is €7mil - Aquilani is getting €5mil golden handshake to leave !!!!

Surely that's utter sh*te ?!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #544: Aug 01, 2012 06:22:33 pm
      Fiorentina are apparently close to signing Borja Valero which could mean they aren't coming in for Aquilani.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #545: Aug 01, 2012 06:26:20 pm
      I don't know why we worry about attracting players, you'd think people would be falling over themselves to sign for us given the contracts we give out. I bet we give a final salary pension plan too. 2 players we signed injured for mammoth fees are like knives in our side this summer. This transfer window has gone from excitement to disappointment to somewhere just above depression at the moment.

borinired
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #546: Aug 01, 2012 06:28:22 pm
      i dont get it joe cole is on 90 grand a week and has no ability whatsoever. Why not get rid of him. Plus we have no-one creative in midfield apart Aquilani and is brendans ideal player. I dont understand why he gets so much abuse when hes miles better than anythinf we have in midfield.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #547: Aug 01, 2012 06:54:32 pm
      Fiorentina are apparently close to signing Borja Valero which could mean they aren't coming in for Aquilani.
      That"s all info leaked by them to drive down Aquilani"s price.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #548: Aug 01, 2012 06:58:08 pm

Might be cheaper for us if we just bought some wrapping paper and a card, parcelled Aquilani up, wrote happy Christmas on the card and posted him to Italy.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #549: Aug 01, 2012 06:58:39 pm

Down to where?
      We offer cash plus aqua to them?
      Still will be profitable though.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #550: Aug 01, 2012 06:58:57 pm

F**k... if they drive it down anymore we'll be owing them money.  :o

Might be cheaper for us if we just bought some wrapping paper and a card, parcelled Aquilani up, wrote happy Christmas on the card and posted him to Italy.

There's lads, where I'm from, who will whack him for the price of a bottle of Buckfast.  >:D
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #551: Aug 01, 2012 07:01:34 pm

That package will come back coz some one should be there to accept it  ;D. A card which have to be fed with high cash on weekly basis and a sh*t agent which is sent as a compliment of LFC ;D

Quick Reply