Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Alberto Aquilani (LFC -> Fiorentina/AC Milan)

Read 59742 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina/AC Milan)
      Reply #598: Aug 03, 2012 01:05:48 pm
      I think there are two sides to this. It would appear once again we have been caught down a dark alleyway with our pants down for another club, especially when you consider the rumoured agreed terms. That said, if you had said to me before the transfer window that we would sell Aquilani and have done with this whole situation, then I would have been delighted.

If it was going to work for Aquilani, it would have worked under Rafa or Brendan. Especially under Brendan, the style of play in theory would suit Aquilani down to the ground. Rodgers obviously thinks otherwise. The other factor that we have to consider is his ridiculous wages. He is one of the highest paid players at the club and without the extortionate wages, I doubt we would be so keen to get rid and also doubt we would find it as difficult as we have to sell him off.

Overall, I am pissed off with the supposed terms we have agreed to cause they are crap. That said, I am looking forward to the end of all this. I don't believe for one second that Aquilani wants to be here. No point keeping a half arsed player.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #599: Aug 03, 2012 01:08:20 pm
      Fair enough but that doesn't mean we aren't paying his wages because we are. We are using money from Fiorentina that could have gone on transfers to pay for wages for a player we don't even have.

Ridiculous.

It's the best we could ask for mate - its obvious he doesn't want to be in the prem and back in Italy and no club is going to pay his full wages or a fee so they had to find a deal
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #600: Aug 03, 2012 01:13:04 pm
      Surely this talk of 125k per week is complete bollox? I've never heard those sort of figures bandied about before the last couple of weeks. It will simply be a relief to get the lad off the books given that this now seems like it will actually go ahead.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #601: Aug 03, 2012 01:24:37 pm
      Surely this talk of 125k per week is complete bollox? I've never heard those sort of figures bandied about before the last couple of weeks. It will simply be a relief to get the lad off the books given that this now seems like it will actually go ahead.

No idea if the £125k wages is bollocks mate, I just find it very curious that it should emerge at such a convenient moment in the sale process.

Even Aquilani's most ardent admirers must have take pause for thought when they first heard that figure bandied about.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #602: Aug 03, 2012 01:47:22 pm
      Fiorentina have confimed it. Thank god.

Just hope he passes his medical!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #603: Aug 03, 2012 01:55:02 pm
      Just hope he passes his medical!!

Can't we send a bloke with cross eyes and dark hair as a stand in just in case?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #604: Aug 03, 2012 02:21:00 pm
      Good player, but probably the wrong one to buy at the time in retrospect. I guess that's what happens when you're in debt and you have to buy from clubs that still owe you money. Still think he would have been useful the past two seasons bringing creativity, but we'll never know why it never worked out here. He probably never wanted to leave Roma to begin with, but they were in financial trouble as well at the time. Probably the strangest transfer in  this club's history from beginning to end.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #605: Aug 03, 2012 03:05:51 pm
      What a total farce this has been.  Unbelievable how it's come to this.

I was in denial last summer, hoping that he would stay.  Now, good riddance to him and his gobs***e agent.  I hope he's dogshit for them.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #606: Aug 03, 2012 03:10:01 pm
      Aquilani completes Fiorentina move
      3rd Aug 2012 - Latest News

0 CommentsPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Liverpool Football Club can today confirm that Alberto Aquilani has completed a permanent transfer to Serie A side Fiorentina.

The Italian midfielder joined Liverpool in 2009 but made just 28 first-team appearances having spent the last two seasons on loan in his homeland.

Everyone at the club would like to wish Alberto all the best for the future.

Close the thread - throw away the key
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #607: Aug 03, 2012 03:30:05 pm
      Shame it never worked out. Best of luck.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #608: Aug 03, 2012 03:30:36 pm
      finally this one is over. best of luck in purple alberto. onwards and upwards for lfc.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #609: Aug 03, 2012 03:34:46 pm
      I really had hopes for him, and I like his playing style, but after all this nonsense I'd happily kill him and his agent with a flamethrower. One without any fuel. I'd just smack them both to death.

I think he had the quality to play for us, I mean, Hendo has started more games than him. But I guess he never really wanted it. So good riddance.

Quick Reply