Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The lack of transfer activity

Read 50126 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      The lack of transfer activity
      Jun 26, 2012 11:37:45 am
       As everyone can see while our rivals are getting stronger and stronger it seems we're doing nothing although we're the ones who most need reinforcing. Even Sigurdsson with his relationship with our manager reportedly chose Spurs over us. It's really annoying me and my question is: Is there anyone doing the Comolli job now or who the f**k is in charge of our transfers and why it's so quiet in that department as yet?
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Re: The lack of transfer activity
      Reply #1: Jun 26, 2012 11:59:12 am
      The transfer window hasn't even opened yet. And players are only starting to return from the Euros to their clubs, so it could be that we already have a list of players that we want but we just can't sign them yet, since they're with their national teams.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 26, 2012 12:01:06 pm
      The transfer window hasn't even opened yet. And players are only starting to return from the Euros to their clubs, so it could be that we already have a list of players that we want but we just can't sign them yet, since they're with their national teams.
      I think all clubs have realised the goods of early bussiness, especially when there is a new manager trying to implement his ideas in the team.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #3: Jun 26, 2012 12:07:49 pm

Kuyt was sold and bought whilst at the euro's other players linked with clubs before the tournament have been involved in discussions and will sign for interested clubs.

Once again slow off the pace, I think we will only sign players unless we sell first.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #4: Jun 26, 2012 12:08:47 pm
      I think all clubs have realised the goods of early bussiness, especially when there is a new manager trying to implement his ideas in the team.
      Rodgers has only been here for a few weeks, so we couldn't sign anyone "early".
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 26, 2012 12:18:43 pm
      Slow off the pace, or doing things the Liverpool way?

Remember, Reina was signed before the CL final in 2005 and nobody knew. Keep the faith.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #6: Jun 26, 2012 12:35:39 pm
      The transfer window hasn't even opened yet lads, the players were at the Euros are still playing and some have just gotten on holiday from being eliminated. Let's remain patient, and wait until a few weeks into the transfer window.

We've been trying to sign players, we tried hard to sign Borini before Roma brought him, and we are still pushing hard for Sigurdsson and we can till sign him. Everything is rumour at the moment, he could be our player soon.

I admit, I'm a little impressed at how quickly our rivals have managed to sign players this early, but also, signed quality players who can significantly improve their teams. Hazard, Podolski and Kagawa are three quality players.

I'm not too worried, yet. We will sign a quality players of our own, and I'm sure Rodgers is looking at everyone in Euope trying to improve our team to the maximum strength possible.

I am more worried about the transfer funds available for this window, then us not signing anyone early to be honest. We really need FSG to give the green light on some heavy spending, to really lift our team with the added quality so we can really fight the likes of City, United, Arsenal. Last season, we were way off the pace with them. Just hope FSG see that and give us the funds to let us catch up.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,385 posts | 2823 
      Reply #7: Jun 26, 2012 12:39:31 pm
      I'm a little bit worried when I see that 4 of the teams above us have already got deals in place for new players (will be 5 if Spurs beat us to Sigurdsson).
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 26, 2012 12:44:35 pm
      Just because the press are reporting these deals, doesn't mean there aren't other deals in place for unreported transfers!
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #9: Jun 26, 2012 01:23:46 pm
      Just because the press are reporting these deals, doesn't mean there aren't other deals in place for unreported transfers!

This.

The search for a new manager was done privately, apart from the titbits that Dave Whelan leaked, so it may be the same with incoming transfers and there might be deals done or near completion that nobody knows about.

I'll start to worry near the end of the window if no new players have been signed.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10: Jun 26, 2012 01:35:30 pm
      This.

The search for a new manager was done privately, apart from the titbits that Dave Whelan leaked, so it may be the same with incoming transfers and there might be deals done or near completion that nobody knows about.

I'll start to worry near the end of the window if no new players have been signed.

This & this.

Some people are getting a little bit fractious, the fact that people are starting to have a go at the owners before the transfer window is even open is quite frankly ridiculous.

I completely understand and agree with any disgust towards them for the treatment of Kenny but transfers are a completely different issue and should be treated as such. Not one solitary bit of information has been released by the club until the club deems it necessary, it's one of the facets of the club we used to hold dear but now it's used as a stick to beat them with.

Does my head in, have some faith. F**k knows what the future holds but bitching about it before anything can be done won't help. If the transfer window closes and we haven't signed anyone I'll grab my pitchfork and join you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #11: Jun 26, 2012 01:40:58 pm
      Is this more of the same sh*te we saw during the recruitment process for a new manager?

The real issue here seems to be that because we are not gobbing off in the press about new players and/or targets people seem to think nothing is happening.

We wanted "The Liverpool Way" and now we've got it, people are moaning because we aren't being told every little thing.

It does me feckin head in.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Jun 26, 2012 02:24:10 pm
      What is the point in this thread? It's only the 26th June ffs. Only start worrying when people are signing players that we are supposedly interested in. Unless you know something about our invisible interest in Giroud, Podolksi or Kagawa?
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #13: Jun 26, 2012 02:28:51 pm
      The window isnt even open yet is it?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Jun 26, 2012 02:36:45 pm
      The window isnt even open yet is it?

No, it opens Sunday 1st July. We are still able to agree deals though but it is still the Euro's after all so that will play a huge part in transfers this summer.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #15: Jun 26, 2012 02:41:09 pm
      So I imagine this weekend the Sig will sign and then after that it's anyone's guess but Rodgers is making plans for transfers he said as much in one of his interviews. No need to panic just yet :)
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Jun 26, 2012 03:38:16 pm
      Oh noes, the world is ending!
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #17: Jun 26, 2012 03:52:48 pm
      Personally, I'd rather we do the majority of our business at the end of July and early August.  This will give Rodgers a chance to fully assess the players at his disposal and identify where he thinks we need to strengthen the most, as well as giving the new players a couple of weeks to settle into the squad before the start of the new season on August 18th.  It will also give Rodgers a chance to have a look at players like Aqua, Cole, and Pacheco to determine if they are good enough to warrant a chance in our senior squad or not. 
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #18: Jun 26, 2012 06:14:21 pm
      Not worried at all. Plenty of time to do business.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #19: Jun 26, 2012 07:03:42 pm
      Just trying to remember what being first out of the gate and signing everything in sight got us last summer?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #20: Jun 26, 2012 07:22:03 pm
      I can appreciate the moaning but come on.

I can not understand how other teams can sign-up new players as the transfer window is CLOSED.

So as the window is closed how can we buy any new players?

Ahh I here you type, but we are not even being linked to anyone, we don't hear of any negotiations, the silence is deafening, we are falling behind.

You may be right, but also you may be further from the truth.

What if there are negotiations going on, but the people involved can keep their big fat twittering gobs shut.

What if the players we are interested in are at the Euro's

What if the "Liverpool Way" that is so craved, is actually in progress, and all business being done, is happening "behind closed doors".

What if we show interest in a player, and another team comes along, and says, "thanks Liverpool, you've done a sterling job in scouting, and identifying a promising player, yes we think he will fit in to our team well, and as we have less financial restraint than you, we're going to pay over the odds" (aka Spurs)

EPL Transfer window is 1st July – 31st August, plenty of time yet.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #21: Jun 26, 2012 07:30:52 pm
      I can appreciate the moaning but come on.

I can not understand how other teams can sign-up new players as the transfer window is CLOSED.

So as the window is closed how can we buy any new players?

Ahh I here you type, but we are not even being linked to anyone, we don't hear of any negotiations, the silence is deafening, we are falling behind.

You may be right, but also you may be further from the truth.

What if there are negotiations going on, but the people involved can keep their big fat twittering gobs shut.

What if the players we are interested in are at the Euro's

What if the "Liverpool Way" that is so craved, is actually in progress, and all business being done, is happening "behind closed doors".

What if we show interest in a player, and another team comes along, and says, "thanks Liverpool, you've done a sterling job in scouting, and identifying a promising player, yes we think he will fit in to our team well, and as we have less financial restraint than you, we're going to pay over the odds" (aka Spurs)

EPL Transfer window is 1st July – 31st August, plenty of time yet.

Agree with all of that and just to add...

We have a new manager who has to build a team in what he believes is the future of LFC and will bring the success we crave. To achieve this he has to get the present team in, see how they adapt to our new system or whether they even will and do that while the European lads are away on duty or holiday. Add in the factor that he also has to find, talk to and negotiate with any potential targets that may or may not fit in with the team then it's not as simple as "just get a F***ing move on Rodgers".

Over 2 months to go, chill your boots people. ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #22: Jun 26, 2012 08:33:44 pm
      That's the trouble with the internet, and Sky TV.

Between them both (and Sky probably get a lot of their 'sources' the same way we do), it all adds up to a whole bunch of nothing.

Sure you can't fart these days without it becoming a 'Sky Sports Breaking News!' or a 'Sky Sports yellow ticker tape' casualty, but the fact is, all this does, is pave the way for more trash talk to get thrown around.

Back in the day, you had the newspaper to rely on, or you knew someone ITK. There was no twatter, sly sports, or facebog, you bought your paper, paid your money, and took your chances.

Just because we live in the age of the information highway, doesn't mean the medium used is foolproof.

I'll believe it when I see them holding obligatory red scarf above their heads, or the press conference - and nothing else.

SKY Breaking News: Liverpool FC Sign Ronaldo and Messi!!!

Mom once told me, 'Believe nothing you hear and only half you see'.

Quick Reply