Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The lack of transfer activity

Read 50127 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: The lack of transfer activity
      Reply #575: Sep 01, 2012 04:22:05 pm
      I am purposely bumping this for all you guys who kept saying theres XX days left have patience....well I had patience it didn't do me much good did it....what excuses have you all got for me now.?

:P
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #576: Sep 01, 2012 04:28:54 pm
      I am purposely bumping this for all you guys who kept saying theres XX days left have patience....well I had patience it didn't do me much good did it....what excuses have you all got for me now.?

We spent net and gross more than 15 other clubs in the Premier League, two of which were Man City & Chelsea.  Not an excuse, just plain facts.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/transfers/startseite-km/transfers.html?from=top_navi

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #577: Sep 01, 2012 04:33:38 pm
      how much do FSG pay you to troll around and spout their propoganda for them every thread I read you are there defending them.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #578: Sep 01, 2012 04:35:31 pm
      how much do FSG pay you to troll around and spout their propoganda for them every thread I read you are there defending them.

How much are H&G paying you to discredit FSG?

If you can make ridiculous assertions, then I certainly can.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #579: Sep 01, 2012 04:42:19 pm

Net spend again  :roll:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #580: Sep 01, 2012 06:20:38 pm
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 28 
      Reply #581: Sep 01, 2012 06:43:59 pm
      As a supporter of LFC for nearly 50 years I can truly say that 31 August 2012 was one of the saddest, most embarrassing days in our great club's history.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #582: Sep 01, 2012 06:44:58 pm

Actually gross, net and player breakdown available.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #583: Sep 01, 2012 06:53:21 pm
      As a supporter of LFC for nearly 50 years I can truly say that 31 August 2012 was one of the saddest, most embarrassing days in our great club's history.

Totally agree. If that was Moyes batting back questions about Huntelaar, Walcott etc then Everton couldn't raise the funds to buy Clint Dempsey, we'd be laughing ourselves silly. The rest of the football world is doing that now, about us.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #584: Sep 01, 2012 06:59:29 pm
      They better make a big splash in the market in January,And again half way through a season will have to pay astronomical prices again.I think that is why FSG will be pissed off today.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #585: Sep 01, 2012 07:13:57 pm
      I don't even think the outrage is in regards to net/gross spend.

Personally, Im a actually happy with the additions we've brought in this Summer, regardless of whats gone out & come in.

The uproar within the last 24 hours hours has been in response to Carroll leaving, Rodgers stating he was "hopeful" of bringing in at least 2 new players yesterday afternoon and then ultimately the Mother of all anti-climaxes at the end of the deadline. If Carroll had still been here come this morning & BR had stated he was content with the squad, the uproar across the boards wouldn't have reached the levels it currently resides at, not by a long shot.

But the fact Brendan stated he was expecting a couple of new faces, which ultimately transpired in to nothing, gives the impression that Ayre and the owners hung him out to dry. Subsequently the pitch forks and lynching ropes have made an appearance, and one would have to be a brave man to argue they arn't justified. We needed a striker. It didn't happen, questions need answering why.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #586: Sep 01, 2012 07:17:12 pm
      Actually gross, net and player breakdown available.

Come on Rodders you know that doesn't tell the whole picture..

Figures can fit any argument..

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #587: Sep 01, 2012 07:20:53 pm
      Come on Rodders you know that doesn't tell the whole picture..

Figures can fit any argument..

But ignoring it just because you want to makes no sense.  Yes it needs analyzing, but to say you can't gleam anything from them is myopic.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #588: Sep 01, 2012 07:28:04 pm
      They better make a big splash in the market in January,And again half way through a season will have to pay astronomical prices again.I think that is why FSG will be pissed off today.

Do you really think they will, we were crying out for a striker last January but we told there is no value in the january market wait till the summer, jelavic and ciise made a mockery of that.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #589: Sep 01, 2012 07:31:16 pm
      Do you really think they will, we were crying out for a striker last January but we told there is no value in the january market wait till the summer, jelavic and ciise made a mockery of that.

Let's ignore that Dalglish also said we had money to spend but he was happy with the squad, it's obvious King Kenny was a yes man for FSG and was just soft-soaping us fans. :roll:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #590: Sep 01, 2012 07:32:24 pm
      But ignoring it just because you want to makes no sense.  Yes it needs analyzing, but to say you can't gleam anything from them is myopic.

I'm happy as a dog with two dicks to debate them...

It's just people think saying

Ah yes but we are 3rd in the net spend table means we can't complain..

But it's not as simple as that..

There is lots more to it:

How the clubs match up within revenue

How many have they lost from their squad which isn't showing in terms of monies in

What level a club are they ( in terms of stature)

It goes on and just figures for me don't show the whole picture.

But I'm not ignoring them..
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #591: Sep 01, 2012 07:39:29 pm
      I'm happy as a dog with two dicks to debate them...

It's just people think saying

Ah yes but we are 3rd in the net spend table means we can't complain..

But it's not as simple as that..

There is lots more to it:

How the clubs match up within revenue

How many have they lost from their squad which isn't showing in terms of monies in

What level a club are they ( in terms of stature)

It goes on and just figures for me don't show the whole picture.

But I'm not ignoring them..

But it can be used when people say we've not spent in terms of our competition when it's clear we have, now we can debate how and if the money was spent wisely.

We also have to account that I we know we aren't in the Sheikh or Abramovich bracket when it comes to spending.  We've also had a few, shall we say, miscellaneous costs to deal with this summer.

stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #592: Sep 01, 2012 07:54:18 pm

True i got the impression off Rodgers that he wanted a striker and letting Andy go confirmed that,I know will will never hear the truth about who fu**ed up,But our season come come to a disastrous end if Suarez gets injured.Some one has to take the blame for this and it looks like Ayr will be the fall guy!!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #593: Sep 01, 2012 08:46:23 pm
      What's done is done. Won't pretend to be happy but sh*t happens and you move on. We have a massive game against Arsenal tomorrow.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #594: Sep 01, 2012 09:02:32 pm
      What's done is done. Won't pretend to be happy but sh*t happens and you move on. We have a massive game against Arsenal tomorrow.

Oh eye yeah, the football game.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #595: Sep 01, 2012 09:04:47 pm
      I don't even think the outrage is in regards to net/gross spend.

Personally, Im a actually happy with the additions we've brought in this Summer, regardless of whats gone out & come in.

The uproar within the last 24 hours hours has been in response to Carroll leaving, Rodgers stating he was "hopeful" of bringing in at least 2 new players yesterday afternoon and then ultimately the Mother of all anti-climaxes at the end of the deadline. If Carroll had still been here come this morning & BR had stated he was content with the squad, the uproar across the boards wouldn't have reached the levels it currently resides at, not by a long shot.

But the fact Brendan stated he was expecting a couple of new faces, which ultimately transpired in to nothing, gives the impression that Ayre and the owners hung him out to dry. Subsequently the pitch forks and lynching ropes have made an appearance, and one would have to be a brave man to argue they arn't justified. We needed a striker. It didn't happen, questions need answering why.

Totally agree.
      Yesterday was the mother of all F**k ups and questions need answering.

I'm also concerned about these mewling posters whining that other teams supporters will laugh at us. Well really, who gives a F**k. Let them say what they want. If it bothers people that much they can lock themselves in a dark room till their medications kick in.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #596: Sep 01, 2012 09:06:13 pm
      If we had kept Kuyt we wouldnt be in such a position, why was he rushed out the door sure he would have stayed if he knew he would play, was it his wages
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #597: Sep 01, 2012 09:08:30 pm

How did u get a pic of my backyard without me seeing you?

Quick Reply