Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The lack of transfer activity

Read 50128 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: The lack of transfer activity
      Reply #598: Sep 01, 2012 09:13:25 pm
      If we had kept Kuyt we wouldnt be in such a position, why was he rushed out the door sure he would have stayed if he knew he would play, was it his wages

Think his £1 Mill clause got triggered and he went with it for more playing time.
      El Andy C
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #599: Sep 01, 2012 09:14:58 pm
      As a supporter of LFC for nearly 50 years I can truly say that 31 August 2012 was one of the saddest, most embarrassing days in our great club's history.

Hear Hear.... Biggest joke in my team
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #600: Sep 01, 2012 09:15:21 pm
      Think his £1 Mill clause got triggered and he went with it for more playing time.

Looking at how its pan out think he would have played a lot more this season than he did last season, what has he 5 in 5. Who would I prefer Morgan or Kuyt
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #601: Sep 01, 2012 09:24:14 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #602: Sep 01, 2012 09:36:54 pm
      If we had kept Kuyt we wouldnt be in such a position, why was he rushed out the door sure he would have stayed if he knew he would play, was it his wages

Remind us again who benched him for most of last season, using him mostly as a sub and playing his own signing out of position on the right.

Might be the reason why he triggered his clause before BR came in.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #603: Sep 01, 2012 09:47:18 pm
      Remind us again who benched him for most of last season, using him mostly as a sub and playing his own signing out of position on the right.

Might be the reason why he triggered his clause before BR came in.

If you were here long enough ud realise I critizied Kenny massively for decisions like this, ie playing Henderson ahead of Kuyt on the right
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #604: Sep 01, 2012 10:05:13 pm
      If you were here long enough ud realise I critizied Kenny massively for decisions like this, ie playing Henderson ahead of Kuyt on the right

So, who told him he wouldn't guarantee the game time this season that lead to him triggering his release clause?

Because there was only one senior management member at the club at that time.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #605: Sep 01, 2012 10:07:03 pm
      So, who told him he wouldn't guarantee the game time this season that lead to him triggering his release clause?

Because there was only one senior management member at the club at that time.

Mate if rodgers knew what was going to happen i guarantee kuyt would still be here he made his name for the netherlands in a 4-3-3
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #606: Sep 01, 2012 10:12:20 pm
      Did Kuyt go before or after Kenny leaving?
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #607: Sep 01, 2012 10:24:08 pm
      Did Kuyt go before or after Kenny leaving?

Yes mate, but I think it was all agreed well beforehand.

Watching Steven Fletcher score goals naturally for Sunderland, is depressing me a bit. Not saying we should have gone for him but just proves to succeed in this league, you need a goalscorer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #608: Sep 01, 2012 10:33:46 pm
      Mate if rodgers knew what was going to happen i guarantee kuyt would still be here he made his name for the netherlands in a 4-3-3

I'm not disagreeing with that at all, apart from not being as technically good as BR likes, he has every other attribute.

The point is, you can't blame anyone except KK for his departure.

I was gobsmacked myself, and even some utd mates were as well.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #609: Sep 01, 2012 10:34:57 pm
      Yes mate, but I think it was all agreed well beforehand.

Watching Steven Fletcher score goals naturally for Sunderland, is depressing me a bit. Not saying we should have gone for him but just proves to succeed in this league, you need a goalscorer.

Might be interesting to see how Yesil (spelling?) does if given a chance.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #610: Sep 01, 2012 11:28:49 pm
      It's all about the money ,Corbs.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #611: Sep 01, 2012 11:36:39 pm
      To the poster who bumped this saying to those who said be patient etc.

I was one who said be patient and up until yesterday I was quite content with our transfer window.

If you're looking for answers to what I'm going to say now.

Is ask Brendan Rodgers how he feels as last night he was 'leaving it to the money men to wrap up the deals'

So no doubt he'll feel as frustrated if not not more frustrated as he was given the broken promises and then left to look a F***ing mug after stating more signing's would be arriving.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #612: Sep 02, 2012 08:53:42 am

I was one who said be patient and up until yesterday I was quite content with our transfer window.

Is ask Brendan Rodgers how he feels as last night he was 'leaving it to the money men to wrap up the deals'

So no doubt he'll feel as frustrated if not not more frustrated as he was given the broken promises and then left to look a f**king mug after stating more signing's would be arriving.

I agree with what you are saying Daz,but our owners will soon learn that they will not be able to pull that trick again.Like us supporters Brendan Rodgers will be wise to them come the January transfer window.It is times like this we need a RAFA to stand up to the owners.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #613: Sep 02, 2012 09:47:55 am

Obviously on a massive wage at that stage of his career, then Fener offer him 3 years at 32? He bit their arm off, Liverpool wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't match deals like that. Regretful he's gone but it was time
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #614: Sep 02, 2012 10:02:04 am
      Still fuming can't believe how much of an amateurish decision it was to let Carroll go without backup, F***ing joke

Lets all just hope for 3 points today
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #615: Sep 02, 2012 10:25:56 am

So no doubt he'll feel as frustrated if not not more frustrated as he was given the broken promises and then left to look a F***ing mug after stating more signing's would be arriving.

100% Blood; I'd even goes as far as saying Brendan may be angry, nay apoplectic.

The potential for F**k ups was always there, and always will be, when you have to sell before you buy and try to save a few quid here and there.

Had we bit the bullet earlier on then tried to sell we would have, at least, had the players needed to help progress this season. That's what I'd been posting all along; that's why I feared the patient approach. It's there for all to see. As it stands now we will have to wait until January (at the earliest) then start again.

So in a convoluted way; it's too early to be posting in here. January is a long way off (18 whole football games); let's hope we click and start scoring goals again (I can't see why not) because I've an awful notion we might just hear the party line: "There's no value in the January window".

It's not all doom and gloom on the transfer funds front tho'... at least we know there's the 'Dempsey' £3m, sitting in wait, should 'value' materialise (as long as Spurs don't get wind of it, of course).  ;D
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #616: Sep 02, 2012 11:22:29 am

So no doubt he'll feel as frustrated if not not more frustrated as he was given the broken promises and then left to look a f**king mug after stating more signing's would be arriving.

I was the 'bump' poster mate.  My post was meant to bring some discussion back here and to see the same old excuses.

When I said I wonder what the excuses were, Pretty much the first person to reply gave me the excuse I expected....net spend. Which is a piss poor excuse and everyone knows it. It completely missing the fact that all our other rivals for top 4 spent more than us, and we started from behind them anyway. And then will come the next excuse..its a long term project. The Real reason is plain to see, we don't have enough money. What happened to 'We can compete with anyone', we clearly cant.

We kept Agger and Skirtel, that is great to see, we got Allen (overpaid again but I think he is worth it), got a couple of backups for the front 3 positions and didn't get held to ransom for a 29yo Kuyt copy. (Check my post in the Dempsey thread for my opinions on him).

Personally I am happy with the transfer window, except we missed out on Sturidge. I think I may be in the minority.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #617: Sep 02, 2012 11:31:56 am
      I'm only disappointed that we didn't replace Carroll.

We replaced Spearing and Adam with Allen and Sahin. No way was this an awful transfer window.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #618: Sep 02, 2012 04:50:05 pm
      I'm only disappointed that we didn't replace Carroll.

We replaced Spearing and Adam with Allen and Sahin. No way was this an awful transfer window.

Sums up BR. 0-3 WBA, 2-2 Citeh, 0-2 Arsenal. Yet to win a match.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #619: Sep 02, 2012 04:55:17 pm

Oh FFS. Will you give the lad a chance. Jesus Christ 3 games in and you're already at this sh*te. 'sums up BR'. F**k off.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #620: Sep 02, 2012 05:11:55 pm
      F**k off you ballbag. Why not analyse the situation instead of coming up with sh*te like that, just piss off.

Quick Reply