Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Andy Carroll (Various clubs)

Read 122229 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Andy Carroll (Various clubs)
      Jul 04, 2012 01:45:58 am
      AC in Milan?: Italian giants target Liverpool's Andy Carroll

England striker earmarked to be part of a "new era" as the Serie A side ditch the likes of Seedorf and van Bommel in favour of younger legs

Carroll stinger: Could this goal earn Andy a move to the San Siro?
      Getty
      Andy Carroll is a target for AC Milan, according to reports.

The Liverpool striker apparently caught the eye of Pier Silvio Berlusconi - who is the son of Milan's owner Silvio Berlusconi and has involvement in the club's transfer policy - with his towering headed goal for England against Sweden at Euro 2012.

For now, the story claims, Berlusconi junior sees the big Geordie as part of a shake-up of the Milan squad which has already seen veterans such as Clarence Seedorf, 36, and Mark van Bommel, 35, moved on.

“This is a new era for Milan," he said. "We will continue to get younger while maintaining the culture. Milan still has its superstars.

“As a future target, I’d like Andy Carroll.

“I must admit that for his body build, and after seeing his header in the Euros, I would like to have Carroll at Milan.”

Carroll struggled to make an impact at Anfield following a stunning £35million move from Newcastle in January 2010.

But he began to justify that price-tag in the latter part of last season, playing his way into England's party for Polkraine.

He would not be the first powerful English striker to star for AC Milan, as they had Mark Hateley playing up front in the 1980s.

Didn't think id have been starting this thread a few months back.Not a chance will we sell him,but i'm sure its nice for him to see that big teams rate him as high as we do.He didn't want to leave Newcastle because he'd be too far away from his family so i doubt he'd settle in Milan.
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2012 12:04:53 pm by ayrton77 »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Andy Carroll (A.C Milan)
      Reply #1: Jul 04, 2012 02:05:42 am
      It's silly season.

F**k off Milan, go off and buy Lloronte.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2: Jul 04, 2012 02:23:19 am
      I just got him on my home kit. Of course he will leave.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #3: Jul 04, 2012 09:03:26 am
      No chance.. Probably a loada, but I did like reading that positive description of our Andy tho, for a change.. That header was "Gladiatorial"..;D..
      I still believe this lad isn't just going to be a "good player".. I actually believe Andy Carrol will become "World class" and he will terrify players for years..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #4: Jul 04, 2012 09:12:12 am
      Andy Carroll off as well ay? Yesterday Luis Suarez was the object of some interest from Juventus I think it was, in a player + cash deal according to some other bullshit.
      They make it up as they go along ffs.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2012 09:12:47 am
      This story gave me a giggle. The Summer Transfer Window is truly the biggest collection of bollocks known to man. Total sh*te.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #6: Jul 04, 2012 09:26:54 am
      It's silly season for sure...  And I don't think there is anything in this or for that matter the Suarez one but unfortunately where we are at the minute as a club and the type of owners we have we are always going to be subject to sides wanting to pick up our better players.
      And thinking they can get them..
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Jul 04, 2012 09:58:30 am
       I know we talk about the Liverpool way but it is instances like this that the club could earn some kudos with the fans if they came out and rebuffed some of this silly transfer talk about Carroll and Luis Suarez.We seem to have a total blackout ban on what is happening re transfers in and out and it is no wonder there is so much conjecture.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #8: Jul 04, 2012 10:14:39 am
      They can't afford Aquilani yet they want our £35 million man? F**k off Milan.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Jul 04, 2012 10:21:40 am
      I suppose they will want to take him on loan for a season with an option to buy,cheeky bas**rds.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #10: Jul 04, 2012 10:28:17 am
      I suppose they will want to take him on loan for a season with an option to buy,cheeky bas**rds.
      The hard faced bas**rds might think they can unsettle Andy in the way Aqilani carried on, all they can do is bullshit Billy cos that costs nothing - only your reputation.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11: Jul 04, 2012 10:48:38 am
      Silvio wants a big man, please insert your own joke here................
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #12: Jul 04, 2012 10:49:47 am

Exactly,

give us 50 million pounds and throw in Clarence Seedorf or f**k off!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #13: Jul 04, 2012 11:00:30 am
      I know we talk about the Liverpool way but it is instances like this that the club could earn some kudos with the fans if they came out and rebuffed some of this silly transfer talk about Carroll and Luis Suarez.We seem to have a total blackout ban on what is happening re transfers in and out and it is no wonder there is so much conjecture.

The majority of the fans are the only ones who understand the Liverpool way now mate... It's a myth that we stand by.. The higher parts of the club don't understand it but pretend to and are using it as something to hide behind.. Something that means a lot to some of us.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #14: Jul 04, 2012 11:02:37 am

The conjecture would be there, even if the club did release statements concerning every piece of crap journalism that comes out about us or our players.  I prefer the silence to white noise.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Jul 04, 2012 11:05:27 am
      The majority of the fans are the only ones who understand the Liverpool way now mate... It's a myth that we stand by.. The higher parts of the club don't understand it but pretend to and are hiding behind something that is very dear to us..

The thing that gets me is nobody appears to have a clue what is happening at the club with transfers in and out and there is the small matter of the ground.I do not expect the club to tell us everthing but they could keep us in the picture regarding certain things.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #16: Jul 04, 2012 11:10:20 am
      The thing that gets me is nobody appears to have a clue what is happening at the club with transfers in and out and there is the small matter of the ground.I do not expect the club to tell us everthing but they could keep us in the picture regarding certain things.

We can't be expected to answer every transfer rumour... Most are rubbish anyway.. I'd rather actions on transfers than words.

The stadium issue needs some clarity though, been dragging on far too long. It's ok to say that they won't make false promises which I agree with, but a lot of time has passed now, and I feel we should be made aware where the current thought process is.

But as I say, they don't understand the Liverpool way.. It's just a good statement to hide behind for them.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #17: Jul 04, 2012 11:21:45 am

Exactly what i thought when i read this article this morning.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #18: Jul 04, 2012 11:24:01 am

They will want to take him on loan for a season with an option to buy but not buy him.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #19: Jul 04, 2012 12:41:25 pm
      They will want to take him on loan for a season with an option to buy but not buy him.

That sounds about right. I hope we would tell them not to go if they proposed that, having been stitched up already over Aquilani.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #20: Jul 04, 2012 02:02:12 pm
      This story gave me a giggle. The Summer Transfer Window is truly the biggest collection of bollocks known to man. Total sh*te.

I'd say its the 2nd biggest collection of bollocks after a certain newspaper!!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #21: Jul 04, 2012 02:03:09 pm
      F**k off Milan! Would never consider making any deals with them or even talk with them about transfers.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #22: Jul 04, 2012 02:37:09 pm
      Sorry, but ;D

Quick Reply