Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Gamer's Discussion Thread

Read 11678 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      The Gamer's Discussion Thread
      Jul 05, 2012 06:05:49 pm
      Was going to make a thread about upcoming releases or games you don't have yet that you'd like to have, but thought it would be nice to have a general discussion topic, similar to the Film Discussion Thread.

There's a game coming out at the beginning of next year that I'll definitely be looking forward to, Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I love the Alien films, and this game looks quality. Apparently the release date has been put back a couple of times, so thankfully the date has been set now. In the meantime, I'm going to get a hold of Aliens Vs. Predator to put me in the mood!

A brief gameplay trailer:

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Action Trailer (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Also massively looking forward to Resident Evil 6, goes without saying, really!

So anyway, add your general chit-chat in here!
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: The Gamer's Discussion Thread
      Reply #1: Jul 05, 2012 06:13:07 pm
      I can't wait for Grand Theft Auto and Watch Dogs coming out later this year, or early next year. 

Both look absoutely fantastic games.

This gameplay footage of Watch Dogs looks awesome:

[E3 2012] Watch Dogs - E3 Gameplay Demo

I've wasted too much cash on COD and FIFA in recent years without getting full worth out of them, so I'm not going to get either. Their series of getting slightly boring because it's the same thing, different year. 
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 05, 2012 06:43:48 pm
      Not that Iam behind the times, :P but Iam personaly looking forward to playing Test Drive Unlimited 2, got it a few days back, just never seem to have time to play it. That watchdogs game looks amazing, will have to get that. GTA not really seen much on it, after playing Mafia 2, it does have a lot to live up to in my opinion felt cheated after playing gta4, they need to let the player decide who there character is I think, let the story tell its self, rather than being told a story...if you get what I mean????
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3: Jul 05, 2012 06:49:16 pm
      CS:GO is the next game on my radar, Im currently on 2000+ gameplay hours of Counter Strike Source so it will be good to move on from it finally xD

A lot of the games I am looking foward to the most have been set back to 2012, The Last of Us, BioShock etc...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #4: Jul 05, 2012 06:56:37 pm
      I've wasted too much cash on COD and FIFA in recent years without getting full worth out of them, so I'm not going to get either. Their series of getting slightly boring because it's the same thing, different year.

It's a bit like when you go to a Indian Restaurant though, isn't it? You know a few things that you like and even though you'd like to try other things, they aren't cheap and you don't want to waste your money on something you don't like.
      In terms of games, that's why we keep buying sequal after sequal. It's a terrible habit, ;D.

Aliens: Colonial Marines looks great. I liked Alien vs Predator (the game not the damned awful film) and the addition of modern AI and graphics technology could make for some proper sh*t yourself moments!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #5: Jul 05, 2012 07:01:09 pm
      Im currently on 2000+ gameplay hours of Counter Strike Source

I know I'm only a casual gamer, don't have the time to play as much as I'd like, but flipping heck! :D

I definitely want to play the first couple of these, an "advantage" of being years behind is I can get great games like this dirt cheap!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #6: Jul 05, 2012 07:04:10 pm
      Wait .. I am on 15 days+ on Modern Warfare 3. Say what you want but I enjoy playing it :P

As for me, there are like 20+ games in my luggage bag for me to bring back home - Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Bad Company, AC Revelations, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, FIFA Street are some of the names. I've got Lego Batman 2 on the way as well (just got this game from my Amazon gift balance I have left).

As for upcoming releases, I'm looking forward to Watch Dogs, GTA 5, Assassin's Creed 3, Lego Lord of the Rings, Black Ops 2, Tomb Raider and so on.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #7: Jul 06, 2012 10:41:58 am
      My PC is too old to run the new games. :(

Had a look at the requirements for Mass Effect 2, and it looks like that I'll be able to play it. But I haven't finished the first one, since I got bored of it. Is it worth finishing it before playing ME 2?

And am I the only one who thinks that CoD went downhill after CoD 4?
      Bier
      Reply #8: Jul 06, 2012 12:50:37 pm
      I'm looking forward to this.

South Park- The Stick of Truth E3 Trailer

;D
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #9: Jul 07, 2012 11:38:38 am
      Anyone play on PC? There is game on Steam called Blacklight: Retribution.... it is a great FPS in my opinion and the best thing about it.... its free.

Check it out if you play on PC :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209870/
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 07, 2012 11:55:09 am
      If only my pc would run it :(

Looking to upgrade soon (been saying that for a while) so hopefully I'll enjoy all the freebies the interweb has to offer....again :)
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #11: Jul 07, 2012 02:06:11 pm

:O Can't wait. Love South Park
      Bier
      Reply #12: Aug 26, 2012 06:43:10 pm
      Borderlands 2 coming out in a few weeks. Really enjoyed the first one!

Borderlands 2: Doomsday Trailer (1080p)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #13: Oct 02, 2012 05:02:38 pm
      Borderlands 2 coming out in a few weeks. Really enjoyed the first one!

A few months before Borderlands came out, I saw a video of it and thogh it looked brilliant than never actually got round to playing it.
      About 3 months ago, I found the GOTY edition for £3-4 new so bought it and then forgot about it!
      Now that Borderlands 2 has come out, it's reminded me to open the first one and have a go... I love it!! I wish I'd played it when it first came out and now of course, I wish I had #2.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #14: Oct 02, 2012 06:28:50 pm
      A few months before Borderlands came out, I saw a video of it and thogh it looked brilliant than never actually got round to playing it.About 3 months ago, I found the GOTY edition for £3-4 new so bought it and then forgot about it!Now that Borderlands 2 has come out, it's reminded me to open the first one and have a go... I love it!! I wish I'd played it when it first came out and now of course, I wish I had #2.

Loved the first one, probably the only game on xbox live I actually talked to the "Randomers" that joined my game, or who's game I joined, brilliant multiplayer fun and the comunity was fantastic aswell, got tons of amazing wepons, armour of random people all for nothing just caus they could. Cant wait to get my grubby lil paws on the second, can only be as good as the first, if not better.
      When you play as much COD as I do, and realise some people that play it, do only play it to wind people up, either by cheating/glitching or exploiting in some way or acyually just been complete ass monkeys, its always nice to play a game that is a community game, all out for one another, the fact that its also great to play is am added bonus!
      Bier
      Reply #15: Oct 02, 2012 06:30:11 pm
      A few months before Borderlands came out, I saw a video of it and thogh it looked brilliant than never actually got round to playing it.
      About 3 months ago, I found the GOTY edition for £3-4 new so bought it and then forgot about it!
      Now that Borderlands 2 has come out, it's reminded me to open the first one and have a go... I love it!! I wish I'd played it when it first came out and now of course, I wish I had #2.

Been playing Borderlands 2 loads, they basically took the first game and improved every aspect of it. It's such a great game, and so much fun, especially playing coop with friends. I love the guns in this game!

Borderlands 2 Review - Billy Shibley
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2012 06:47:44 pm by Bier »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #16: Oct 02, 2012 07:33:16 pm
      That looks awesome. Now where did I put my birthday money...  :P
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #17: Oct 03, 2012 01:17:41 am
      Planetside 2.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #18: Oct 03, 2012 06:36:43 am
      It's a bit like when you go to a Indian Restaurant though, isn't it? You know a few things that you like and even though you'd like to try other things, they aren't cheap and you don't want to waste your money on something you don't like.

Economics theory that customers will stick with a product they don't like, that doesn't satisfy their need rather than try a new product
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #19: Oct 03, 2012 06:39:20 am
      Wait .. I am on 15 days+ on Modern Warfare 3. Say what you want but I enjoy playing it :P

I'm the same, I know it's just a new set of maps and guns with a few tweaks but the games are fun to play with mates and I've reached 10th prestige level 80 before stopping prestiging with about 11days playtime
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #20: Oct 03, 2012 05:30:42 pm
      I went into 3 Tesco stores on my route home last night and all of them had sold out of Borderlands 2. I decided to pop into town before coming to work today and found it in Gamestation  ;D

I'll be on that when I get home tonight at about 22:30, can't wait!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #21: Oct 05, 2012 05:22:34 pm
      Anyone here playing Simpsons Tapped Out? :D
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #22: Oct 09, 2012 10:16:31 pm
      Microsoft Prohibits Gamers From Cashing in on YouTube

MIKE WEHNER | 9 OCTOBER 2012 9:36 PM

Your Halo headshot montage won't be making you any more money, thanks to a revised Microsoft policy.

Halo 4 fans chomping at the bit to post new gameplay clips on their YouTube pages take note: Microsoft wants to make sure you're not making any money off of your creations. A new version of the company's game content usage rules explicitly prohibits anyone from making money through the creation and distribution of video clips or other materials, so long as the game in question was published by Microsoft Studios.

Publishing wild gameplay happenings and montage clips of titles like those in the Halo series has become a big deal on YouTube and other video portals. Once an individual's videos become popular enough they can gain partnerships with YouTube and receive a cut of the advertising revenue generated by their videos. This rule will put a swift end to that. In fact, the new language of the agreement even calls out the YouTube Partner program by name.

One particularly interesting point of the newly-revised rules states that advertisements can appear alongside or on the same page as a gameplay clip, but the person who created, edited, and published the work may not profit from it.

The MLG circuit - which owes a large part of its success to games like Halo 3 - will not be impacted due to the organization's usage rights agreements with Microsoft itself. Of course, your average YouTube partner who makes a few bucks here and there off of montage clips doesn't have the benefit of such immunity.

Not surprisingly, the news isn't sitting well with those who will be affected, especially with the launch of Halo 4 less than a month away. An online petition has already been set up to protest the change, and at the time of this writing it has over 950 signatures.

Source: GameSpot

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120033-Microsoft-Prohibits-Gamers-From-Cashing-in-on-YouTube?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=auto

Quick Reply