Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Gamer's Discussion Thread

Read 11681 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      The Gamer's Discussion Thread
      Jul 05, 2012 06:05:49 pm
      Was going to make a thread about upcoming releases or games you don't have yet that you'd like to have, but thought it would be nice to have a general discussion topic, similar to the Film Discussion Thread.

There's a game coming out at the beginning of next year that I'll definitely be looking forward to, Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I love the Alien films, and this game looks quality. Apparently the release date has been put back a couple of times, so thankfully the date has been set now. In the meantime, I'm going to get a hold of Aliens Vs. Predator to put me in the mood!

A brief gameplay trailer:

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Action Trailer (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Also massively looking forward to Resident Evil 6, goes without saying, really!

So anyway, add your general chit-chat in here!
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: The Gamer's Discussion Thread
      Reply #1: Jul 05, 2012 06:13:07 pm
      I can't wait for Grand Theft Auto and Watch Dogs coming out later this year, or early next year. 

Both look absoutely fantastic games.

This gameplay footage of Watch Dogs looks awesome:

[E3 2012] Watch Dogs - E3 Gameplay Demo

I've wasted too much cash on COD and FIFA in recent years without getting full worth out of them, so I'm not going to get either. Their series of getting slightly boring because it's the same thing, different year. 
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 05, 2012 06:43:48 pm
      Not that Iam behind the times, :P but Iam personaly looking forward to playing Test Drive Unlimited 2, got it a few days back, just never seem to have time to play it. That watchdogs game looks amazing, will have to get that. GTA not really seen much on it, after playing Mafia 2, it does have a lot to live up to in my opinion felt cheated after playing gta4, they need to let the player decide who there character is I think, let the story tell its self, rather than being told a story...if you get what I mean????
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3: Jul 05, 2012 06:49:16 pm
      CS:GO is the next game on my radar, Im currently on 2000+ gameplay hours of Counter Strike Source so it will be good to move on from it finally xD

A lot of the games I am looking foward to the most have been set back to 2012, The Last of Us, BioShock etc...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #4: Jul 05, 2012 06:56:37 pm
      I've wasted too much cash on COD and FIFA in recent years without getting full worth out of them, so I'm not going to get either. Their series of getting slightly boring because it's the same thing, different year.

It's a bit like when you go to a Indian Restaurant though, isn't it? You know a few things that you like and even though you'd like to try other things, they aren't cheap and you don't want to waste your money on something you don't like.
      In terms of games, that's why we keep buying sequal after sequal. It's a terrible habit, ;D.

Aliens: Colonial Marines looks great. I liked Alien vs Predator (the game not the damned awful film) and the addition of modern AI and graphics technology could make for some proper sh*t yourself moments!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #5: Jul 05, 2012 07:01:09 pm
      Im currently on 2000+ gameplay hours of Counter Strike Source

I know I'm only a casual gamer, don't have the time to play as much as I'd like, but flipping heck! :D

I definitely want to play the first couple of these, an "advantage" of being years behind is I can get great games like this dirt cheap!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #6: Jul 05, 2012 07:04:10 pm
      Wait .. I am on 15 days+ on Modern Warfare 3. Say what you want but I enjoy playing it :P

As for me, there are like 20+ games in my luggage bag for me to bring back home - Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Bad Company, AC Revelations, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, FIFA Street are some of the names. I've got Lego Batman 2 on the way as well (just got this game from my Amazon gift balance I have left).

As for upcoming releases, I'm looking forward to Watch Dogs, GTA 5, Assassin's Creed 3, Lego Lord of the Rings, Black Ops 2, Tomb Raider and so on.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #7: Jul 06, 2012 10:41:58 am
      My PC is too old to run the new games. :(

Had a look at the requirements for Mass Effect 2, and it looks like that I'll be able to play it. But I haven't finished the first one, since I got bored of it. Is it worth finishing it before playing ME 2?

And am I the only one who thinks that CoD went downhill after CoD 4?
      Bier
      Reply #8: Jul 06, 2012 12:50:37 pm
      I'm looking forward to this.

South Park- The Stick of Truth E3 Trailer

;D
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #9: Jul 07, 2012 11:38:38 am
      Anyone play on PC? There is game on Steam called Blacklight: Retribution.... it is a great FPS in my opinion and the best thing about it.... its free.

Check it out if you play on PC :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209870/
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 07, 2012 11:55:09 am
      If only my pc would run it :(

Looking to upgrade soon (been saying that for a while) so hopefully I'll enjoy all the freebies the interweb has to offer....again :)
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #11: Jul 07, 2012 02:06:11 pm

:O Can't wait. Love South Park
      Bier
      Reply #12: Aug 26, 2012 06:43:10 pm
      Borderlands 2 coming out in a few weeks. Really enjoyed the first one!

Borderlands 2: Doomsday Trailer (1080p)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #13: Oct 02, 2012 05:02:38 pm
      Borderlands 2 coming out in a few weeks. Really enjoyed the first one!

A few months before Borderlands came out, I saw a video of it and thogh it looked brilliant than never actually got round to playing it.
      About 3 months ago, I found the GOTY edition for £3-4 new so bought it and then forgot about it!
      Now that Borderlands 2 has come out, it's reminded me to open the first one and have a go... I love it!! I wish I'd played it when it first came out and now of course, I wish I had #2.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #14: Oct 02, 2012 06:28:50 pm
      A few months before Borderlands came out, I saw a video of it and thogh it looked brilliant than never actually got round to playing it.About 3 months ago, I found the GOTY edition for £3-4 new so bought it and then forgot about it!Now that Borderlands 2 has come out, it's reminded me to open the first one and have a go... I love it!! I wish I'd played it when it first came out and now of course, I wish I had #2.

Loved the first one, probably the only game on xbox live I actually talked to the "Randomers" that joined my game, or who's game I joined, brilliant multiplayer fun and the comunity was fantastic aswell, got tons of amazing wepons, armour of random people all for nothing just caus they could. Cant wait to get my grubby lil paws on the second, can only be as good as the first, if not better.
      When you play as much COD as I do, and realise some people that play it, do only play it to wind people up, either by cheating/glitching or exploiting in some way or acyually just been complete ass monkeys, its always nice to play a game that is a community game, all out for one another, the fact that its also great to play is am added bonus!
      Bier
      Reply #15: Oct 02, 2012 06:30:11 pm
      A few months before Borderlands came out, I saw a video of it and thogh it looked brilliant than never actually got round to playing it.
      About 3 months ago, I found the GOTY edition for £3-4 new so bought it and then forgot about it!
      Now that Borderlands 2 has come out, it's reminded me to open the first one and have a go... I love it!! I wish I'd played it when it first came out and now of course, I wish I had #2.

Been playing Borderlands 2 loads, they basically took the first game and improved every aspect of it. It's such a great game, and so much fun, especially playing coop with friends. I love the guns in this game!

Borderlands 2 Review - Billy Shibley
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2012 06:47:44 pm by Bier »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #16: Oct 02, 2012 07:33:16 pm
      That looks awesome. Now where did I put my birthday money...  :P
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #17: Oct 03, 2012 01:17:41 am
      Planetside 2.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #18: Oct 03, 2012 06:36:43 am
      It's a bit like when you go to a Indian Restaurant though, isn't it? You know a few things that you like and even though you'd like to try other things, they aren't cheap and you don't want to waste your money on something you don't like.

Economics theory that customers will stick with a product they don't like, that doesn't satisfy their need rather than try a new product
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #19: Oct 03, 2012 06:39:20 am
      Wait .. I am on 15 days+ on Modern Warfare 3. Say what you want but I enjoy playing it :P

I'm the same, I know it's just a new set of maps and guns with a few tweaks but the games are fun to play with mates and I've reached 10th prestige level 80 before stopping prestiging with about 11days playtime
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #20: Oct 03, 2012 05:30:42 pm
      I went into 3 Tesco stores on my route home last night and all of them had sold out of Borderlands 2. I decided to pop into town before coming to work today and found it in Gamestation  ;D

I'll be on that when I get home tonight at about 22:30, can't wait!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #21: Oct 05, 2012 05:22:34 pm
      Anyone here playing Simpsons Tapped Out? :D
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #22: Oct 09, 2012 10:16:31 pm
      Microsoft Prohibits Gamers From Cashing in on YouTube

MIKE WEHNER | 9 OCTOBER 2012 9:36 PM

Your Halo headshot montage won't be making you any more money, thanks to a revised Microsoft policy.

Halo 4 fans chomping at the bit to post new gameplay clips on their YouTube pages take note: Microsoft wants to make sure you're not making any money off of your creations. A new version of the company's game content usage rules explicitly prohibits anyone from making money through the creation and distribution of video clips or other materials, so long as the game in question was published by Microsoft Studios.

Publishing wild gameplay happenings and montage clips of titles like those in the Halo series has become a big deal on YouTube and other video portals. Once an individual's videos become popular enough they can gain partnerships with YouTube and receive a cut of the advertising revenue generated by their videos. This rule will put a swift end to that. In fact, the new language of the agreement even calls out the YouTube Partner program by name.

One particularly interesting point of the newly-revised rules states that advertisements can appear alongside or on the same page as a gameplay clip, but the person who created, edited, and published the work may not profit from it.

The MLG circuit - which owes a large part of its success to games like Halo 3 - will not be impacted due to the organization's usage rights agreements with Microsoft itself. Of course, your average YouTube partner who makes a few bucks here and there off of montage clips doesn't have the benefit of such immunity.

Not surprisingly, the news isn't sitting well with those who will be affected, especially with the launch of Halo 4 less than a month away. An online petition has already been set up to protest the change, and at the time of this writing it has over 950 signatures.

Source: GameSpot

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120033-Microsoft-Prohibits-Gamers-From-Cashing-in-on-YouTube?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=auto
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #23: Oct 10, 2012 12:41:30 am
      Anyone here playing Simpsons Tapped Out? :D

Yeh I actually am, level 10 or so, but I don't really do it regularly.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #24: Oct 13, 2012 10:38:46 am
      Got Dishonored on Thursday..... buy this game!!!! Best game out this year in my opinion!

To me it feels like a mix between BioShock and Elder Scrolls.. here is some gameplay video!

Have A Gander - Dishonored "Wolverine's Painting"

Gamespot - 9/10
      IGN - 9.2/10
      Bier
      Reply #25: Oct 13, 2012 03:30:20 pm
      It's a very cool game but for me not worth the investment currently as it has a fairly short length and no real replayability for me personally like some of the current games I'm playing, I'll wait till it's price has dropped and if I still want it by then.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #26: Oct 15, 2012 04:52:16 pm
      Sorry I could tell you guys this sooner, pc was having "issues" ;D,
      I think it was friday too yesterday there was a Multiplayer Beta of MOH Warfighter, and I have to say I was really REALLY impressed. Fplays great when your rounds hit home you can almost "feel" the bullets hitting, nice and balanced and great fun too, It's taken some of the good bits from bf3 and expanded on them, not sure if there are vehiecles in the game when its realesed, but there were none as there are in bf3 in the beta, there was an Apache gunship that you can unlock as a "killstreak" but I never got the chance to use one. I did get to use the arty strikes, cluster bombs and guided missles, which were fun :)
      Just wondering did anyone get the chance to play it. Shame it only lasted a short while otherwise i'd be on it now :(

Medal of Honor: Warfighter Gameplay Demo - EA E3 2012 Press Conference
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: Oct 15, 2012 05:49:44 pm
      I tried playing the 360 beta but the frames per second were horrendous! Couldn't play it.... Im not sure if there is a PC beta out, I forgot to check.. *Goes and checks*
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #28: Oct 15, 2012 07:46:23 pm
      Apache gunship that you can unlock as a "killstreak"

Sounds familiar  :roll:  :-\
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #29: Oct 15, 2012 11:38:09 pm
      Sorry I could tell you guys this sooner, pc was having "issues" ;D,
      I think it was friday too yesterday there was a Multiplayer Beta of MOH Warfighter, and I have to say I was really REALLY impressed.

My mate downloaded it for Xbox, said he wasn't overly impressed by it and found it very similar to Cod. However, considering both he and I play Cod quite regularly, I'm not sure how he can dislike because its like Cod (which he likes)..... Nevertheless, I think I'll get this after I've finished AC3 and got bored of Black Ops 2
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #30: Oct 28, 2012 12:58:23 pm
      Assassins Creed 3 coming tomorrow :D

After the matches today need to finish Medal of Honor campaign so I can get stuck into it.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #31: Dec 29, 2012 12:03:03 pm
      This isn't really gaming related, but anyway. Is it better to have 1x8 GB RAM or 2x4 GB?
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #32: Jan 15, 2013 01:39:31 pm
      Just a heads up Farcry 3 is amazing, seriously recommend people to try it.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #33: Jan 15, 2013 05:02:09 pm

I concur fully! not sure if there's a topic but it's one of my GOTYs
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #34: Jan 15, 2013 10:38:43 pm

If it completely different to 2 then? I thought that was sh*t.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #35: Jan 16, 2013 12:13:10 pm
      Didn't play number 2 I'm afraid
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #36: Jan 16, 2013 08:29:09 pm
      Yeh number two was awful!

But Far Cry 3 is back and I say better than the first! Absolute awesome game!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #37: Jan 20, 2013 01:32:52 pm
      I had FC2 and can safely say it was indeed sh*te. Fun for half an hour then all the many many problems caught up with it. Fortunately enough, if you enjoyed the first one or at least a minute of the second I can easily recommend 3. Simply put, it's awesome 8)

Far Cry 3 - A Walk in the Jungle

Quite a good video showing a little trip through the jungle, some random encounters with pirates and animals and some of the weapons you can use.

Or you can just enjoy a nice swim in a pretty cave

Going for a swim in Far Cry 3

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #38: Jan 31, 2013 12:16:32 am
      Well I've had a good play of Far Cry 3 now. It's good but so far, I wouldn't rave about it. Let's be honest, it's Assassin's Creed rehashed with a jungle theme, radio towers instead of view points, pirates instead of guards...
      That said, it's more fun (for me) given that you can quite quickly gain access to assault rifles, grenades and hunting bows. The map is huge and, as the video suggested, you can ignore the missions and entertain yourself by wandering around and getting into trouble.
      The cut scenes are well directed and interesting but I must admit that there was a feeling of "get on with it" at times.
      I just went on a hunting spree with a bow so I could craft new items from animal pelts (allowing me to carry more weapons, ammunition, medical supplies and loot) but got killed by a bear before saving and lost the lot so I'm pissed of with it just now but that's my own fault really!
      Good game so far, I'll come back at a later date when I've played it more.
      Yggdrasil
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
      Reply #39: Feb 19, 2013 10:29:47 am
      For those of you that likes puzzle games, here's a few:

Bricks: http://www.bricks-game.de/indexuk.html

Lasertank: http://perso.cgocable.ca/lasertank/

Tileworld(Chips Challenge): http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/166-tile-world-2-windows/
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #40: Mar 25, 2013 08:56:01 pm
      Downloaded Grand Theft Auto 3 from Google Play for £1.49. It's insane, I can't believe that I'm playing it on my Galaxy S2 and the graphics are better than the PS2 version! Decent controls as well, turns your touch screen into a control pad of sorts  8)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #41: Apr 09, 2013 11:51:49 pm
      Anybody got the new Tomb Raider? I watched the missus playing it the other night and it looks fantastic. The graphics must be really stretching the Xbox now and the gameplay  LOOKS great.
      Bier
      Reply #42: Apr 10, 2013 04:51:43 am
      Haven't really played it Reprobate, although I know a bit about it it hasn't appealed enough to me to get it.

Finished Bioshock Infinite the other day. amazing looking game, brilliant world, great story and characters. Not the most innovative gameplay, but pretty good game overall.

IGN Reviews - BioShock Infinite Review (Xbox 360, PS3)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #43: Apr 10, 2013 01:41:49 pm
      Oh yeh I meant to post about Bioshock. The gameplay itself is pretty repetitive, basically fight through people the whole time before "boss battles" (which aren't labelled as such, but clearly are). Also, the zoom on the right thumbstick (xbox 360 player) was frustrating, but I get that they did it so that Vigors could be left hand.

I bought it and finished within 5 days before returning for EBs 7day money back guarantee. Really enjoyed it, and still enjoy reading through stuff about it, I'm sure, had I played it through again I'd notice far more but I still greatly enjoyed the game. One thing that someone did say to me, which is probably true, is that had Elizabeth been a male character rather than a female that the game wouldn't be anywhere near as good. Definitely something worth some thought.

Also, I thought that the ending *SPOILER ALERT (highlight to see)-->* was truly devastating however. Elizabeth is a brilliant character, as the game progresses you get to know her, her feelings and fears are exposed throughout the story. The fact that if Commstock is destroyed, "Elizabeth" can never exist as you know her, completely killed me, it was a seriously devastating end.

Bioshock Infinite-Elizabeth Singing <--- This "easter egg" was beautifully done, as was her dancing on the beach.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #44: Apr 10, 2013 02:33:35 pm
      Anybody got the new Tomb Raider? I watched the missus playing it the other night and it looks fantastic. The graphics must be really stretching the Xbox now and the gameplay  LOOKS great.

Good game, but certainly only a Tomb Raider game in name. You won't be backflipping with dual pistols merrily shooting dinosaurs anymore. As Unchartered 'appropriated' from the original TR, so TR has done now. The game plays a lot like an Unchartered game in terms of gameplay (running, climbing, general platforming elements). There are some big differences, and so far I think the story is a lot better than the standard Unchartered fare. Graphically, as you say, the game is very very nice. Sweeping vistas, driving rain, jungles and, (a few) tombs. It's all very pretty but I think thats my main gripe with the game. It's a little too streamlined, a little too easy. I liked the survival aspect they were bigging up before, but it turns out since the first mission I haven't been forced to hunt animals or anything to survive, you're just pushed to the next checkpoint. The environments are really fun to explore with Lara's climbing skills (all of which are pretty fluid and fairly easy too) but beyond the collectibles there's no reason to hang about or explore. Tombs are optional, and so far I haven't come across one that stumped me for long. Overall it could be a lot harder!

The bodycount is a lot higher than other TR games, with Lara's journey from eager but naive and innocent young woman to hardened killer not all that easy to believe when within 5 minutes of a dramatic and harrowing first kill, you're headshotting enemies one after the other. You can let them off that though because it's only down to the combat gameplay that you feel this way. Lara moves well and there are plenty of dodge/counter moves to pull off and it makes for very very fun fighting. (Climbing axe to the head, sir?)

Overall it's a highly polished adventure game with good combat, eye catching graphics and a good storyline to boot. So while it's far from revolutionary, it's a fun reboot of an aged franchise.

As for Bioshock Infinite, that looks like a GOTY contender to me. Haven't played it yet as I was (foolishly) hoping to be buying a new PC rig soon so I could play it on that, but it looks too good to wait that long for!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #45: Apr 10, 2013 07:41:12 pm
      Nice review, cheers. I can see musty oh the things you're mentioned just from watching it for an hour or so, it's certainly very different to the other Tomb Raider games. A lot of it reminded me of Far Cry 3 actually, just a lot more polished. Never played Unchartered so can't compare.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #46: May 08, 2013 11:04:17 pm
      Anyone here playing Injustice Gods among us? Looks good, and im playing the ios version, but still not sure if its worth it to buy the Xbox version. Ytied the Demo, but its too dammn short.

PS if anyone wants to try the iphone/ipad version, and likes the fighter style, its probably THE best iphone game to date. I have tons of tips if anyone feels like giving it a try
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #47: May 14, 2013 07:04:21 pm
      Not sure if anyone knows of this guys reviews, but they're pretty funny and usually quite accurate (albeit usually focusing on negatives for the comedy). http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation

And if he does end up recommending something, you know it's probably got something special about it.

Quico, there's an Injustice Gods one there for your amusement :)
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #48: May 14, 2013 11:13:41 pm
      I played a pre alpha build of The Last Of Us last week. It was fantastic and i can't wait for next month.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #49: May 15, 2013 10:36:52 am
      Finished Bioshock Infinite the other night, gameplay was boring but the storyline and characters were just fantastic.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: May 15, 2013 03:33:36 pm
      Anyone play GT5 online?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #51: May 29, 2013 08:17:55 am
      Bought San Andreas from the Playstation Store on the PS3. Oh, how the memories came flooding back. Surprised at how many cheats I had stored in the memory bank.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #52: Jun 05, 2013 11:31:41 pm
      Finished Bioshock Infinite the other night, gameplay was boring but the storyline and characters were just fantastic.

Played this now.

On the plus side:
      • The graphics and locations look amazing.
      • The characters are great, especially Elizabeth because female characters in games are usually pretty sh*t.
      • The storyline is immense. It's a bit of a head F**k but engrossing.
      • Melee kills are good fun and very gory, helped by the rotary-claw type thing that you pick up very early on.
      • Some of the vigors (powers) are cool/amusing.
      However, on the downside:
      • Despite the complex storyline and stunning scenery, it's pretty much a straight shooter with minimal puzzle element.
      • There aren't THAT many weapons or vigors available, just a few upgrades to those you have. There's a reasonable variety but it could have done with more considering it's so combat orientated.
      • If you're a fan of the original Bioshock, you'll probably feel that this lacks the atmosphere.
      • I felt cheated by the way it re-used areas. You regularly have to go back along a route you've already walked or re-visit a location with a few foes chucked in to stop you from getting bored along the way.
      • The biggest problem... it's ridiculously short! Not being a hardcore gamer, I just left it on normal difficulty and had it done in, I'd say 10-12 hours. Really can't be arsed to go through again on 'Hard', especially considering what I've just said about repetition.
        Had it been longer, I might have been tempted to pay for the Season Pass and get the dlc missions but I'm not forking out for them after feeling robbed. Chucked the game on ebay instead!

In summary, it IS a good game and I'd happily recommend it to anyone to play, just don't pay a lot for it because you'll be done with it in no time. Rent or borrow it, ideally.

Oh and most importantly, avoid all spoilers until you've finished it so you can enjoy the story.

Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #53: Jun 06, 2013 01:46:38 pm
      Anyone see the Last of Us reviews? Most reputable sources gave it a 10/10.

I've played the demo and it is excellent. Very intense.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #54: Jun 06, 2013 04:29:33 pm
      Agree with you on Bioshock Rep. Loved it for the most part, but the first Bioshock was a better game. Even the story, which was fantastic in the most part, was a bit of a let down in the end considering you don't really play the last 25 minutes, it's basically an interactive movie. I know they wanted to avoid the whole rubbish end boss fights which plagued the first, but the massive info dump at the end takes a little time to comprehend and I can imagine most people logged straight onto a forum discussion when the credits rolled, just because its a bit of a mindfuck. The whole package of Columbia, the vigors, the powers, gameplay, enemies etc just didn't fit as snugly as it all did with Bioshock 1 and Rapture. I still remember some of the nutty people you encounter in Rapture, whereas come the end of Infinite, I had trouble remembering who the bit part players were (Slate, Fink etc) because they weren't all that interesting really. Same with Columbia itself, cool idea, but not explored fully and not as well developed as Rapture was.

Still, I have to give 2K credit where its due, they put out a AAA title which had interesting themes, and thats more than could be said for a lot of the 'biggest' games. The story is cool, the twist is too and ultimately the debate and discussion that the game provoked was really positive for a big game, and makes me hopeful that Bioshock 4 is going to be the best one yet.

9/10 for Infinite from me, whereas Bioshock one had to be 9.5 or even 10.

Bahrosa, looking forward to Last Of Us, it's a definite purchase for me I think. Looks awesome, love the atmosphere they seem to have created when you're playing.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #55: Jun 06, 2013 05:58:55 pm
      Same with Columbia itself, cool idea, but not explored fully and not as well developed as Rapture was.

Makes me wonder how much it opens up with the dlc. I'm not prepared to pay 1600 credits for the season pass though. Bethesda showed what a massive world you could fit on one Xbox disk with Skyrim and it feels like 2k sold us a bit short with this.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #56: Jun 10, 2013 03:49:41 pm
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #57: Jun 12, 2013 06:10:44 pm
      My copy of Last of Us will be here tomorrow, I'm really considering ringing in sick and having a four day weekend :P
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #58: Jun 14, 2013 06:12:26 pm
      Who's got The Last of Us? Might just purchase it from the PS store.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 837 
      Reply #59: Jun 14, 2013 06:17:36 pm
      Any COH fans?

Played the beta of COH 2, great gameplay, graphics are great and the realism in it perfect. I just wish they can have more factions
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #60: Jun 17, 2013 10:13:25 am
      Anybody seen this gameplay footage from e3 of Tom Clancy's The Division:o

I'm a fan of the Tom Clancy games such as Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell anyway so thought I'd check out the footage. Now don't get me wrong, I agree that graphics alone don't make a game but WOW, these are good! I can imagine I would easily get immersed in this and forget about the real world for quite some time.

Anybody familiar with these games will know that they're not all-out action like the CoD or Battlefield games but more tactical so you really need to watch the full clip to take it in properly. If you haven't got time, however, stick it in HD then fast forward to the 3 minute mark and watch how the lead character interacts with the environment (ie. moves around and over the car). This is actual gameplay, remember so little things such as the way he automatically nudges the car door shut and the way he clambers over the car instead of leaping over it like and Olympic high jumper will go a long way to immersing you in the environment.

I think this looks incredible:

Tom Clancy's The Division - OFFICIAL GAMEPLAY (E3 2013 Game Reveal)

Info:
      http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/game_info/index.aspx
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #61: Jun 18, 2013 04:51:06 am
      Yeh it's been on my "must get list" since E3. Really does look quite awesome
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #62: Jun 18, 2013 12:24:32 pm
      Any COH fans?

Played the beta of COH 2, great gameplay, graphics are great and the realism in it perfect. I just wish they can have more factions
      What's COH?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #63: Jun 18, 2013 01:21:00 pm

Company of Heroes. A WW2 RTS (real time strategy). A very good stategy, if you're into that period and like strategy games with a bit of depth take a look.

Got to admit that Tom Clancy game does look cool. Impressive gameplay video. I've been a fan of TC games since Ghost Recon too, but the recent iterations felt like a massive let down. This does look cool, and the online aspect is certainly to the forefront, so the community that plays it will end up making or breaking the game I guess. If you play with a core group of mates it does look like it would be pretty awesome. Anyone else notice the player controlled drone was named "Chris[Tablet]" suggesting maybe you can pilot smaller UAV type vehicles from your tablet..
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #64: Jun 18, 2013 05:17:31 pm
      Anyone else notice the player controlled drone was named "Chris[Tablet]" suggesting maybe you can pilot smaller UAV type vehicles from your tablet..

That's my understanding, mate.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #65: Jun 21, 2013 04:46:50 pm
      Just spent 10 minutes waiting for 2K13 to update new content. Have to do it every time I wanna play online :-\
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #66: Jun 25, 2013 06:24:21 pm

More info on The Division if you havent seen it yet.
      Link.
      Don't think there's much new gameplay footage shown but there's some interesting bits of info in the interview.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #67: Jun 26, 2013 11:38:15 pm
      Purchased PS Plus just now. Could do with a better big game title than Uncharted 3 as almost everyone has played those games in an otherwise sweet collection. Some of the indie games look awesome.

Quick Reply