Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Gamer's Discussion Thread

Read 11680 times
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Re: The Gamer's Discussion Thread
      Reply #23: Oct 10, 2012 12:41:30 am
      Anyone here playing Simpsons Tapped Out? :D

Yeh I actually am, level 10 or so, but I don't really do it regularly.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #24: Oct 13, 2012 10:38:46 am
      Got Dishonored on Thursday..... buy this game!!!! Best game out this year in my opinion!

To me it feels like a mix between BioShock and Elder Scrolls.. here is some gameplay video!

Have A Gander - Dishonored "Wolverine's Painting"

Gamespot - 9/10
      IGN - 9.2/10
      Bier
      Reply #25: Oct 13, 2012 03:30:20 pm
      It's a very cool game but for me not worth the investment currently as it has a fairly short length and no real replayability for me personally like some of the current games I'm playing, I'll wait till it's price has dropped and if I still want it by then.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #26: Oct 15, 2012 04:52:16 pm
      Sorry I could tell you guys this sooner, pc was having "issues" ;D,
      I think it was friday too yesterday there was a Multiplayer Beta of MOH Warfighter, and I have to say I was really REALLY impressed. Fplays great when your rounds hit home you can almost "feel" the bullets hitting, nice and balanced and great fun too, It's taken some of the good bits from bf3 and expanded on them, not sure if there are vehiecles in the game when its realesed, but there were none as there are in bf3 in the beta, there was an Apache gunship that you can unlock as a "killstreak" but I never got the chance to use one. I did get to use the arty strikes, cluster bombs and guided missles, which were fun :)
      Just wondering did anyone get the chance to play it. Shame it only lasted a short while otherwise i'd be on it now :(

Medal of Honor: Warfighter Gameplay Demo - EA E3 2012 Press Conference
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: Oct 15, 2012 05:49:44 pm
      I tried playing the 360 beta but the frames per second were horrendous! Couldn't play it.... Im not sure if there is a PC beta out, I forgot to check.. *Goes and checks*
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #28: Oct 15, 2012 07:46:23 pm
      Apache gunship that you can unlock as a "killstreak"

Sounds familiar  :roll:  :-\
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #29: Oct 15, 2012 11:38:09 pm
      Sorry I could tell you guys this sooner, pc was having "issues" ;D,
      I think it was friday too yesterday there was a Multiplayer Beta of MOH Warfighter, and I have to say I was really REALLY impressed.

My mate downloaded it for Xbox, said he wasn't overly impressed by it and found it very similar to Cod. However, considering both he and I play Cod quite regularly, I'm not sure how he can dislike because its like Cod (which he likes)..... Nevertheless, I think I'll get this after I've finished AC3 and got bored of Black Ops 2
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #30: Oct 28, 2012 12:58:23 pm
      Assassins Creed 3 coming tomorrow :D

After the matches today need to finish Medal of Honor campaign so I can get stuck into it.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #31: Dec 29, 2012 12:03:03 pm
      This isn't really gaming related, but anyway. Is it better to have 1x8 GB RAM or 2x4 GB?
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #32: Jan 15, 2013 01:39:31 pm
      Just a heads up Farcry 3 is amazing, seriously recommend people to try it.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #33: Jan 15, 2013 05:02:09 pm

I concur fully! not sure if there's a topic but it's one of my GOTYs
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #34: Jan 15, 2013 10:38:43 pm

If it completely different to 2 then? I thought that was sh*t.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #35: Jan 16, 2013 12:13:10 pm
      Didn't play number 2 I'm afraid
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #36: Jan 16, 2013 08:29:09 pm
      Yeh number two was awful!

But Far Cry 3 is back and I say better than the first! Absolute awesome game!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #37: Jan 20, 2013 01:32:52 pm
      I had FC2 and can safely say it was indeed sh*te. Fun for half an hour then all the many many problems caught up with it. Fortunately enough, if you enjoyed the first one or at least a minute of the second I can easily recommend 3. Simply put, it's awesome 8)

Far Cry 3 - A Walk in the Jungle

Quite a good video showing a little trip through the jungle, some random encounters with pirates and animals and some of the weapons you can use.

Or you can just enjoy a nice swim in a pretty cave

Going for a swim in Far Cry 3

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #38: Jan 31, 2013 12:16:32 am
      Well I've had a good play of Far Cry 3 now. It's good but so far, I wouldn't rave about it. Let's be honest, it's Assassin's Creed rehashed with a jungle theme, radio towers instead of view points, pirates instead of guards...
      That said, it's more fun (for me) given that you can quite quickly gain access to assault rifles, grenades and hunting bows. The map is huge and, as the video suggested, you can ignore the missions and entertain yourself by wandering around and getting into trouble.
      The cut scenes are well directed and interesting but I must admit that there was a feeling of "get on with it" at times.
      I just went on a hunting spree with a bow so I could craft new items from animal pelts (allowing me to carry more weapons, ammunition, medical supplies and loot) but got killed by a bear before saving and lost the lot so I'm pissed of with it just now but that's my own fault really!
      Good game so far, I'll come back at a later date when I've played it more.
      Yggdrasil
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
      Reply #39: Feb 19, 2013 10:29:47 am
      For those of you that likes puzzle games, here's a few:

Bricks: http://www.bricks-game.de/indexuk.html

Lasertank: http://perso.cgocable.ca/lasertank/

Tileworld(Chips Challenge): http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/166-tile-world-2-windows/
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #40: Mar 25, 2013 08:56:01 pm
      Downloaded Grand Theft Auto 3 from Google Play for £1.49. It's insane, I can't believe that I'm playing it on my Galaxy S2 and the graphics are better than the PS2 version! Decent controls as well, turns your touch screen into a control pad of sorts  8)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #41: Apr 09, 2013 11:51:49 pm
      Anybody got the new Tomb Raider? I watched the missus playing it the other night and it looks fantastic. The graphics must be really stretching the Xbox now and the gameplay  LOOKS great.
      Bier
      Reply #42: Apr 10, 2013 04:51:43 am
      Haven't really played it Reprobate, although I know a bit about it it hasn't appealed enough to me to get it.

Finished Bioshock Infinite the other day. amazing looking game, brilliant world, great story and characters. Not the most innovative gameplay, but pretty good game overall.

IGN Reviews - BioShock Infinite Review (Xbox 360, PS3)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #43: Apr 10, 2013 01:41:49 pm
      Oh yeh I meant to post about Bioshock. The gameplay itself is pretty repetitive, basically fight through people the whole time before "boss battles" (which aren't labelled as such, but clearly are). Also, the zoom on the right thumbstick (xbox 360 player) was frustrating, but I get that they did it so that Vigors could be left hand.

I bought it and finished within 5 days before returning for EBs 7day money back guarantee. Really enjoyed it, and still enjoy reading through stuff about it, I'm sure, had I played it through again I'd notice far more but I still greatly enjoyed the game. One thing that someone did say to me, which is probably true, is that had Elizabeth been a male character rather than a female that the game wouldn't be anywhere near as good. Definitely something worth some thought.

Also, I thought that the ending *SPOILER ALERT (highlight to see)-->* was truly devastating however. Elizabeth is a brilliant character, as the game progresses you get to know her, her feelings and fears are exposed throughout the story. The fact that if Commstock is destroyed, "Elizabeth" can never exist as you know her, completely killed me, it was a seriously devastating end.

Bioshock Infinite-Elizabeth Singing <--- This "easter egg" was beautifully done, as was her dancing on the beach.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #44: Apr 10, 2013 02:33:35 pm
      Anybody got the new Tomb Raider? I watched the missus playing it the other night and it looks fantastic. The graphics must be really stretching the Xbox now and the gameplay  LOOKS great.

Good game, but certainly only a Tomb Raider game in name. You won't be backflipping with dual pistols merrily shooting dinosaurs anymore. As Unchartered 'appropriated' from the original TR, so TR has done now. The game plays a lot like an Unchartered game in terms of gameplay (running, climbing, general platforming elements). There are some big differences, and so far I think the story is a lot better than the standard Unchartered fare. Graphically, as you say, the game is very very nice. Sweeping vistas, driving rain, jungles and, (a few) tombs. It's all very pretty but I think thats my main gripe with the game. It's a little too streamlined, a little too easy. I liked the survival aspect they were bigging up before, but it turns out since the first mission I haven't been forced to hunt animals or anything to survive, you're just pushed to the next checkpoint. The environments are really fun to explore with Lara's climbing skills (all of which are pretty fluid and fairly easy too) but beyond the collectibles there's no reason to hang about or explore. Tombs are optional, and so far I haven't come across one that stumped me for long. Overall it could be a lot harder!

The bodycount is a lot higher than other TR games, with Lara's journey from eager but naive and innocent young woman to hardened killer not all that easy to believe when within 5 minutes of a dramatic and harrowing first kill, you're headshotting enemies one after the other. You can let them off that though because it's only down to the combat gameplay that you feel this way. Lara moves well and there are plenty of dodge/counter moves to pull off and it makes for very very fun fighting. (Climbing axe to the head, sir?)

Overall it's a highly polished adventure game with good combat, eye catching graphics and a good storyline to boot. So while it's far from revolutionary, it's a fun reboot of an aged franchise.

As for Bioshock Infinite, that looks like a GOTY contender to me. Haven't played it yet as I was (foolishly) hoping to be buying a new PC rig soon so I could play it on that, but it looks too good to wait that long for!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #45: Apr 10, 2013 07:41:12 pm
      Nice review, cheers. I can see musty oh the things you're mentioned just from watching it for an hour or so, it's certainly very different to the other Tomb Raider games. A lot of it reminded me of Far Cry 3 actually, just a lot more polished. Never played Unchartered so can't compare.

Quick Reply