Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Gamer's Discussion Thread

Read 11679 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: The Gamer's Discussion Thread
      Reply #46: May 08, 2013 11:04:17 pm
      Anyone here playing Injustice Gods among us? Looks good, and im playing the ios version, but still not sure if its worth it to buy the Xbox version. Ytied the Demo, but its too dammn short.

PS if anyone wants to try the iphone/ipad version, and likes the fighter style, its probably THE best iphone game to date. I have tons of tips if anyone feels like giving it a try
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #47: May 14, 2013 07:04:21 pm
      Not sure if anyone knows of this guys reviews, but they're pretty funny and usually quite accurate (albeit usually focusing on negatives for the comedy). http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation

And if he does end up recommending something, you know it's probably got something special about it.

Quico, there's an Injustice Gods one there for your amusement :)
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #48: May 14, 2013 11:13:41 pm
      I played a pre alpha build of The Last Of Us last week. It was fantastic and i can't wait for next month.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #49: May 15, 2013 10:36:52 am
      Finished Bioshock Infinite the other night, gameplay was boring but the storyline and characters were just fantastic.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: May 15, 2013 03:33:36 pm
      Anyone play GT5 online?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #51: May 29, 2013 08:17:55 am
      Bought San Andreas from the Playstation Store on the PS3. Oh, how the memories came flooding back. Surprised at how many cheats I had stored in the memory bank.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #52: Jun 05, 2013 11:31:41 pm
      Finished Bioshock Infinite the other night, gameplay was boring but the storyline and characters were just fantastic.

Played this now.

On the plus side:
      • The graphics and locations look amazing.
      • The characters are great, especially Elizabeth because female characters in games are usually pretty sh*t.
      • The storyline is immense. It's a bit of a head F**k but engrossing.
      • Melee kills are good fun and very gory, helped by the rotary-claw type thing that you pick up very early on.
      • Some of the vigors (powers) are cool/amusing.
      However, on the downside:
      • Despite the complex storyline and stunning scenery, it's pretty much a straight shooter with minimal puzzle element.
      • There aren't THAT many weapons or vigors available, just a few upgrades to those you have. There's a reasonable variety but it could have done with more considering it's so combat orientated.
      • If you're a fan of the original Bioshock, you'll probably feel that this lacks the atmosphere.
      • I felt cheated by the way it re-used areas. You regularly have to go back along a route you've already walked or re-visit a location with a few foes chucked in to stop you from getting bored along the way.
      • The biggest problem... it's ridiculously short! Not being a hardcore gamer, I just left it on normal difficulty and had it done in, I'd say 10-12 hours. Really can't be arsed to go through again on 'Hard', especially considering what I've just said about repetition.
        Had it been longer, I might have been tempted to pay for the Season Pass and get the dlc missions but I'm not forking out for them after feeling robbed. Chucked the game on ebay instead!

In summary, it IS a good game and I'd happily recommend it to anyone to play, just don't pay a lot for it because you'll be done with it in no time. Rent or borrow it, ideally.

Oh and most importantly, avoid all spoilers until you've finished it so you can enjoy the story.

Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #53: Jun 06, 2013 01:46:38 pm
      Anyone see the Last of Us reviews? Most reputable sources gave it a 10/10.

I've played the demo and it is excellent. Very intense.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #54: Jun 06, 2013 04:29:33 pm
      Agree with you on Bioshock Rep. Loved it for the most part, but the first Bioshock was a better game. Even the story, which was fantastic in the most part, was a bit of a let down in the end considering you don't really play the last 25 minutes, it's basically an interactive movie. I know they wanted to avoid the whole rubbish end boss fights which plagued the first, but the massive info dump at the end takes a little time to comprehend and I can imagine most people logged straight onto a forum discussion when the credits rolled, just because its a bit of a mindfuck. The whole package of Columbia, the vigors, the powers, gameplay, enemies etc just didn't fit as snugly as it all did with Bioshock 1 and Rapture. I still remember some of the nutty people you encounter in Rapture, whereas come the end of Infinite, I had trouble remembering who the bit part players were (Slate, Fink etc) because they weren't all that interesting really. Same with Columbia itself, cool idea, but not explored fully and not as well developed as Rapture was.

Still, I have to give 2K credit where its due, they put out a AAA title which had interesting themes, and thats more than could be said for a lot of the 'biggest' games. The story is cool, the twist is too and ultimately the debate and discussion that the game provoked was really positive for a big game, and makes me hopeful that Bioshock 4 is going to be the best one yet.

9/10 for Infinite from me, whereas Bioshock one had to be 9.5 or even 10.

Bahrosa, looking forward to Last Of Us, it's a definite purchase for me I think. Looks awesome, love the atmosphere they seem to have created when you're playing.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #55: Jun 06, 2013 05:58:55 pm
      Same with Columbia itself, cool idea, but not explored fully and not as well developed as Rapture was.

Makes me wonder how much it opens up with the dlc. I'm not prepared to pay 1600 credits for the season pass though. Bethesda showed what a massive world you could fit on one Xbox disk with Skyrim and it feels like 2k sold us a bit short with this.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #56: Jun 10, 2013 03:49:41 pm
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #57: Jun 12, 2013 06:10:44 pm
      My copy of Last of Us will be here tomorrow, I'm really considering ringing in sick and having a four day weekend :P
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #58: Jun 14, 2013 06:12:26 pm
      Who's got The Last of Us? Might just purchase it from the PS store.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 837 
      Reply #59: Jun 14, 2013 06:17:36 pm
      Any COH fans?

Played the beta of COH 2, great gameplay, graphics are great and the realism in it perfect. I just wish they can have more factions
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #60: Jun 17, 2013 10:13:25 am
      Anybody seen this gameplay footage from e3 of Tom Clancy's The Division:o

I'm a fan of the Tom Clancy games such as Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell anyway so thought I'd check out the footage. Now don't get me wrong, I agree that graphics alone don't make a game but WOW, these are good! I can imagine I would easily get immersed in this and forget about the real world for quite some time.

Anybody familiar with these games will know that they're not all-out action like the CoD or Battlefield games but more tactical so you really need to watch the full clip to take it in properly. If you haven't got time, however, stick it in HD then fast forward to the 3 minute mark and watch how the lead character interacts with the environment (ie. moves around and over the car). This is actual gameplay, remember so little things such as the way he automatically nudges the car door shut and the way he clambers over the car instead of leaping over it like and Olympic high jumper will go a long way to immersing you in the environment.

I think this looks incredible:

Tom Clancy's The Division - OFFICIAL GAMEPLAY (E3 2013 Game Reveal)

Info:
      http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/game_info/index.aspx
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #61: Jun 18, 2013 04:51:06 am
      Yeh it's been on my "must get list" since E3. Really does look quite awesome
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #62: Jun 18, 2013 12:24:32 pm
      Any COH fans?

Played the beta of COH 2, great gameplay, graphics are great and the realism in it perfect. I just wish they can have more factions
      What's COH?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #63: Jun 18, 2013 01:21:00 pm

Company of Heroes. A WW2 RTS (real time strategy). A very good stategy, if you're into that period and like strategy games with a bit of depth take a look.

Got to admit that Tom Clancy game does look cool. Impressive gameplay video. I've been a fan of TC games since Ghost Recon too, but the recent iterations felt like a massive let down. This does look cool, and the online aspect is certainly to the forefront, so the community that plays it will end up making or breaking the game I guess. If you play with a core group of mates it does look like it would be pretty awesome. Anyone else notice the player controlled drone was named "Chris[Tablet]" suggesting maybe you can pilot smaller UAV type vehicles from your tablet..
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #64: Jun 18, 2013 05:17:31 pm
      Anyone else notice the player controlled drone was named "Chris[Tablet]" suggesting maybe you can pilot smaller UAV type vehicles from your tablet..

That's my understanding, mate.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #65: Jun 21, 2013 04:46:50 pm
      Just spent 10 minutes waiting for 2K13 to update new content. Have to do it every time I wanna play online :-\
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #66: Jun 25, 2013 06:24:21 pm

More info on The Division if you havent seen it yet.
      Link.
      Don't think there's much new gameplay footage shown but there's some interesting bits of info in the interview.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #67: Jun 26, 2013 11:38:15 pm
      Purchased PS Plus just now. Could do with a better big game title than Uncharted 3 as almost everyone has played those games in an otherwise sweet collection. Some of the indie games look awesome.

Quick Reply