Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Diego Forlan joins Internacional

Read 2710 times
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Jul 06, 2012 04:15:55 pm
      SAO PAULO -- The Brazilian club Internacional says it has signed Uruguay's Diego Forlan, voted the best player at the 2010 World Cup.

Internacional says the 33-year-old striker signed a contract until July 2015 and will be introduced to fans on Saturday.

He had been playing with Inter Milan since transferring to the Italian club from Atletico de Madrid in 2011. He also previously played for Manchester United and Villareal.

Forlan is one of the top foreign players to be signed by a Brazilian club. Internacional won the Copa Libertadores, Latin America's most important club competition, in 2006 and 2010.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Diego Forlan joins Internacional
      Reply #1: Jul 06, 2012 04:18:28 pm
      And to my extreme sadness, Seedorf signed for Botafogo.

Seedorf is married to a Brazilian, he has visited the country plenty of times already and have always expressed his support to Flamengo... it is so sad to see him coming to Brazil to sign for our rivals Botafogo. If Flamengo had made him an offer as well, I'm sure he would prefer us. :(
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #2: Jul 06, 2012 04:31:00 pm
      I hadn't heard anything about this! So I guess we can infer that Liverpool definitely have a "no new player over 30" policy. Otherwise I think we would have at least taken a peek at Forlan given his relationship with Suarez.
      Bier
      Reply #3: Jul 06, 2012 04:43:48 pm
      They're your rivals Diego? :D

And here I was thinking that you must be happy he's going to play in Brazil. :P
      Think it's pretty cool he took that step though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #4: Jul 06, 2012 05:05:11 pm
      Yeah Botafogo are also from Rio.

The four big clubs here are: Flamengo, Vasco, Fluminense and Botafogo.

Flamengo biggest rivals historically are probably Fluminense, although for my generation it would be Vasco. So Botafogo are our rivals, although not the worst ones (small fan base, a club that lives from past glories when they had Garrincha haha, etc). All the other 3 clubs have Flamengo as their biggest rivals though, so even though Botafogo are only our 3rd biggest rivals, there is no club Botafogo fans hate more than us.

I'm happy to see him coming to Brazil though, I'll probably go see him play in the stadium once in a while, but it is so frustrating to see him wearing another club's colours.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #5: Jul 06, 2012 07:25:56 pm
      Abreu left Botafogo too. Would have loved to see Seedorf and him.
      Diego, who has more fans, Fla or Corinthians? I realise the easy answer is Flamengo, but i know soooo many Corinthians fans that i had to ask
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #6: Jul 06, 2012 07:28:34 pm
      I hadn't heard anything about this! So I guess we can infer that Liverpool definitely have a "no new player over 30" policy. Otherwise I think we would have at least taken a peek at Forlan given his relationship with Suarez.
      He will get 2 million dollars a year after tax, so i dont think it would have been a smart move for Liverpool to sign him.

TBH i tought he was going to Sao Paulo (his dad was one of the all time greats there) or Peñarol   (would have raised money myself to get him here!)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Jul 06, 2012 09:25:56 pm
      Diego, who has more fans, Fla or Corinthians? I realise the easy answer is Flamengo, but i know soooo many Corinthians fans that i had to ask

Flamengo! But Corinthians fan base is huge too.
      Most of Flamengo's fan base is outside of the Rio de Janeiro state though, we are more of a 'national' fan base. Corinthians, on the other side, are heavily concentrated in São Paulo state and neighbor states such as Paraná, but that makes their fan base huge anyway because São Paulo is the most populated state in the country.

Quick Reply