Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Viva Espana

Read 3148 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Viva Espana
      Jul 02, 2012 12:04:25 am
      Congrats to Spain on winning Euro 2012.

Now without doubt the finest national side ever seen. Back to back European titles and a world cup in between. And all 3 wins achieved against serious opponents.

Cant believe some in the press call there football boring and worse the sheep in the public going along with it, Spain are a joy to watch.

Congrats especially to Pepe. And of course Xabi and Arbe
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Re: Viva Espana
      Reply #1: Jul 02, 2012 12:18:23 am
      Yup

Best side I have ever seen and I just love their passing game.

Well done and I'm glad they won the Euro again, that would shut some of those idiotic people in the press

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: Jul 02, 2012 12:22:52 am
      Agreed.

I became a Spain supporter just before Euro 2008 so yes, you can't say I'm a glory hunter  :lmao:. I didn't become a Spain fan because they won the Euros or the World Cup but I became a fan because at that time, Rafa Benitez was manager and we had Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso, Pepe Reina and Alvaro Arbeloa in the side. Also, let's not forget Fernando Morientes and Luis Garcia before that and Albert Riera after that. So, there's always been a Spanish thing going.

Not only that, the way they play football is the way I like to play football.

Furthermore, I recently came back from Barcelona and I really loved the place. I had a great short break there and I would genuinely love to go back there someday. And as I've stated, the way they play football is very well related to Barcelona so I'm also a Barcelona fan (but I will always choose Liverpool over Barcelona).

I find both Liverpool and Barcelona (city and club) very similar in so many ways. The fans love the club. The people love the city. As Liverpudlians always say "We're not English, we are Scouse". Don't Barcelona people call themselves Catalans? Also their line 'Mes que un club' which means 'More than just a club' is so much like Liverpool.

I also don't understand why people say their style of football is boring. I know they make alot of short passes but I still think pass and move/tiki taka is the best way to play football. Afterall, you're meant to pass the ball to score goals to win games. Outpassing the ball not only tires your opponents but also frustrates them. While some people say the Chelsea 9-0-1 tactic has neutralised the tiki taka style, I actually disagree. Barcelona still dominated them but had no luck in hitting the woodwork three times, Messi missing chances he usually scores 9 out of 10 times and Chelsea having the luck scoring from their handful of shots on target twice.

Congratulations to Spain. If I had the chance to be another nationalilty, there's no guessing which I'd choose :laugh:

Viva Espana!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3: Jul 02, 2012 12:30:50 am
      I like Spain too Adryan. Ever since we had Rafa Benitez was gaffer, I've had a soft spot for them. Congrats Pepe, Xabi, and Arby!!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #4: Jul 02, 2012 12:33:00 am
      And by the next World Cup, some players probably won't be a first teamer or even make the squad but they've got alot of young interesting players coming through.

No Xabi, no Xavi, no Villa, no Puyol? No problem, step in Fabregas, Alcantara, Muniain, Martinez, Cuenca, Tello, Llorente and so on.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,471 posts | 1466 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5: Jul 02, 2012 12:43:31 am
      That Alba looks awesome! I was straight to FIFA to buy him the first time I saw him play for Spain in this Euro xD
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3841 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Jul 02, 2012 01:17:07 am
      Well said Brian..

What a joy they are to watch.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #7: Jul 02, 2012 02:30:21 am
      Fantastic team and they make it look so simple!

"But they only pass five yards!" Something I've heard from supposed fans slagging off Lucas in the past, yet look at the Spanish and Germans, something they do with ease, no wonder England are so sh*te!

Anyway Viva Espana, one of the finest footballing teams I've seen, although I think the Germans of 1990 might of gave them a game!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8: Jul 02, 2012 10:50:50 am
      Wonderful performance , I hope tw*ts like Matt Scott and John Cross who I heard on the radio saying Spain were boring and it would be bad for football if they won get the stick they deserve. I thought Del Bosque was conservative and was delighted to be proven wrong. As someone who has followed Spanish football since the late 80's this is a result of a lot of hard work.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #9: Jul 02, 2012 11:55:30 am
      They silenced all their critics!!

The final showed what they are really about. They weren't great before that but they were on another level against Italy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #10: Jul 03, 2012 12:35:46 am
      Pepe F***ing about again on the plane home!!

Pepe the flight attendant

Pepe Reina's celebrations with Spain have become the stuff of legend – and Liverpool's goalkeeper hasn't disappointed following La Furia Roja's latest triumph.

The Reds stopper had his teammates in stitches when he took on the role of air steward as the victorious Spaniards headed home from Ukraine with the European Championship trophy on Sunday night.

Reina assisted the cabin crew in going through the pre-flight safety demonstrations - which you can see in the video below, filmed by Barcelona defender Gerard Pique.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/youtube-pepe-the-flight-attendant

Pepe Reina haciendo de azafata de vuelo en el avión de la Selección | Eurocopa 2012 |
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Jul 03, 2012 12:52:11 am
      Pepe f**king about again on the plane home!!

Pepe the flight attendant

Pepe Reina's celebrations with Spain have become the stuff of legend – and Liverpool's goalkeeper hasn't disappointed following La Furia Roja's latest triumph.

The Reds stopper had his teammates in stitches when he took on the role of air steward as the victorious Spaniards headed home from Ukraine with the European Championship trophy on Sunday night.

Reina assisted the cabin crew in going through the pre-flight safety demonstrations - which you can see in the video below, filmed by Barcelona defender Gerard Pique.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/youtube-pepe-the-flight-attendant

Pepe Reina haciendo de azafata de vuelo en el avión de la Selección | Eurocopa 2012 |

Kwality!
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 03, 2012 05:34:24 am
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #13: Jul 06, 2012 11:34:55 pm
      Even Zidane's son has a choice to play for Spain!

Quick Reply