Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Gerardo Bruna (Liverpool -> Blackpool)

Read 28508 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Gerardo Bruna thread
      Reply #46: Apr 20, 2009 05:29:23 pm
      Whose he gonna replace anyway?

In the Carling Cup, the likes Zhar and Spearing are going to be ahead of him at the moment.

As for the first team who would he replace, Gerrard, Kuyt, Riera?

Highly unlikely, I'd just concetrate on getting some games under his belt for the reserves.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #47: Apr 20, 2009 05:37:54 pm
      He hasn't been given a squad number either the way Nemeth, Darby, Spearing and Plessis were at the start of the season. Still, got time on his side and if he's as good as he's hyped up to be then it shouldn't be too long before we see him in and around the squad.
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #48: Apr 20, 2009 06:26:10 pm
      He's a promising young player, but nothing super-special. Pacheco looks a fair bit ahead of him, but it's still early days for Bruna.

Ablett rates him, but as others have said, seems to struggle with the physical side of the game here. Plenty of time to adapt though.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #49: Apr 20, 2009 06:49:03 pm
      GERARD O

Luv the name..........

Just want to hear it again.............

G-E-R-A-R-D- O          like    N-A-N-D-O

That lll do.

Too Much Information.

Put him in for Saturday Boss.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #50: Apr 20, 2009 06:50:10 pm
      Yeah, but had we snatched Nemeth from Real Madrid he would of, his hype came from the club he was at, not his actual ability.
      I think you are spot on there, I am not doubting our "new messi's" ability, and I have never seen him play, but if he was signed from, lets say Valrenga or Aalborg for that matter. Nobody would have named him new messi.
      Most people gets impressed by the club whom the players is signed from then the player himself.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #51: Apr 20, 2009 06:55:24 pm
      I think you are spot on there, I am not doubting our "new messi's" ability, and I have never seen him play, but if he was signed from, lets say Valrenga or Aalborg for that matter. Nobody would have named him new messi.
      Most people gets impressed by the club whom the players is signed from then the player himself.

Good point that. Besides he still has alot of time to develop, I'm not saying much on the lad yet
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #52: Apr 20, 2009 07:36:01 pm
      Because he has been at the club for not far off 2 years now and if he is meant to be the new Messi then seeing as he is already 18 I would have expected him to have at least made the  bench in the Carling Cup

Insua and N'gog are the only young players Rafa has played more times then you havefingers on your hands. Bruna also plays in the same position as Kuyt so that would also lessen his chances of a start
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Apr 20, 2009 07:49:42 pm
      He has looked impressive in the first half, he defo has talent.
      john jones
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #54: Apr 20, 2009 08:47:00 pm
      Lets hope that he is as good as they say. He could be one for the future
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #55: Apr 21, 2009 12:39:15 am
      generally speaking as someone who has signed up international stars for the rugby game, the saying "if your good enough then your old enough" is troo,then this lad must have revealed some qualities of admiration, otherwise the scouting system is shiite.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #56: Apr 21, 2009 12:51:27 am
      Because he was hyped up as having a lot of ability and was dubbed the new Messi so therefore I expected to have at least seen him on the bench by now or at least played a part in the last Pre-season like Nemeth and Pacheco did.

Where as nobody had hyped Nemeth up when he signed.

They were somebody else's words, not his. He didn't say himself he was 'Madrid's Messi' or big himself up in any way.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #57: Apr 21, 2009 01:00:09 am
      I think a few people have misunderstood what i am saying so to clear it up.

I have not said that he should be starting for the 1st team or even playing for the 1st team for that matter, if you look back you will see it has been making appearances in pre-season like Pacheco did and making the bench for the Carling Cup. After all San Jose made the bench against Chelsea last season.

And my second point, i have never in anyway implied that he has bigged himself up, i was merely saying that with this apparent ability he is going to have then i would have thought that we would have seen the odd glimpse of it by now like we did with other 18 year olds, i.e. Owen and Gerrard but as it happens we never even hear a word about him where the reserves are concerned.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #58: Apr 21, 2009 01:06:32 am
      I.e. Owen and Gerrard but as it happens we never even hear a word about him where the reserves are concerned.

I watch every reserve game and he's quite a tricky player. Similar to Pacheco. My concern at the moment is he is just a little bit lightweight. I know the likes of Owen and Fowler were small at his age but with him being a foreign import I think it'll take him and probably Pacheco a season or two when/if they break into the first team to get to grips with the muscle of the PL.
      SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Re: Gerardo Bruna Player Thread
      Reply #59: Mar 13, 2010 10:12:59 am
      Bruna had a great game vs Tranmere.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Mar 13, 2010 10:24:10 am
      Ya I was really impressed he came with a massive reputation from Real. Hopefully he can keep progressing just like Pacheco needs to improve his physical ability
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #61: Feb 08, 2011 10:28:58 pm
      Hows this boy getting on. Had high hopes for him. Is he injured or just being overshadowed by others like Suso?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #62: Feb 08, 2011 10:47:14 pm
      Over shadowed unfortunately. Having a better season this year, but does not seem to have passion or drive for this club. I'd be surprised if he's here next year
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #63: Mar 22, 2011 12:34:43 pm
      He's done well recently, creative player, deserves a chance?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #64: Mar 22, 2011 12:40:43 pm
      He's done well recently, creative player, deserves a chance?
      Can be very good when he is in the mood for it. This year has been much better.
      I remember Rodolfo taking him off, against Southampton I think, last year because of a lack of effort.
      Credit due this year he seems to have upped his game
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #65: Mar 22, 2011 12:53:55 pm
      Yeah, I think he's gone for it this year, relised he's not gone long left to stake a claim. Stick in the first team squad before the end of the first season I would.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #66: Mar 22, 2011 12:58:19 pm
      Yeah, I think he's gone for it this year, relised he's not gone long left to stake a claim. Stick in the first team squad before the end of the first season I would.
      I'd nearly give Adjoran a run out first mate. I don't know, I think we have a lot of quality youngster and ones who have attitudes that deserve reward more than Bruna. Like you said I think Bruna has realised it's now or never for us.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #67: Mar 22, 2011 01:03:42 pm
      I agree that others have worked harder but I think this lad has bags of ability. Adjoran's decent but Tom Ince should be prefferd over him I'd say.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #68: Mar 22, 2011 01:11:00 pm
      I agree that others have worked harder but I think this lad has bags of ability. Adjoran's decent but Tom Ince should be prefferd over him I'd say.

Ince could be a very good option considering we need an answer on the left. He would certainly make runs all day for us, but without someone to put quality balls up there he'll end up caught offside and frustrated. We need a link up player, that's why I selected Adjoran. Could easily go for Suso or Silva either. Use them as the wide part of a front three.
      At some point this season I would love to see Carroll and Suarez central as 4-2-3-1 with some of our youth as the wider attacking components. Suso, Silva, Ince could do that job

Quick Reply