Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 193752 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #138: Aug 09, 2012 10:07:01 pm
      Yeah well do Fab on the goal and more importantly on the performance
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #139: Aug 09, 2012 10:16:33 pm
      Played really well, thought he had quite his share of bad luck to be honest, some cracking first touches and delighted he got his first goal. Many more please!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #140: Aug 09, 2012 11:12:16 pm
      I think this good will turn out to be a good signing for this club. I know it's only two matches vs Gomel, but he's showed some good touches, excellent movement, and we saw some of that finishing too. I really do think he's fan favorite material with a few more performances.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #141: Aug 10, 2012 12:49:01 am
      Borini: I'll never forget it

10th Aug 2012 - Latest News

Fabio Borini has revealed how his maiden Liverpool goal felt like the first of his entire career after he struck in Thursday's Europa League victory over FC Gomel.

The Italy forward marked his debut appearance at Anfield for the Reds with the opener - a clinical first-time volley - in a 3-0 success over the Belarusian side to help Brendan Rodgers' charges book a place in the Europa League play-offs.

The goal capped a lively display from our summer signing, and afterwards Borini couldn't hide his joy at an occasion that will forever live in his memory.

"It was absolutely a day to remember," he told Liverpoolfc.com. "The fans were amazing and the atmosphere was unbelievable, just for a Europa League qualifier. To also get a goal was amazing.

"It felt like it was the first goal I had scored in my entire career. I tried to celebrate as I did for my first goal in Serie A."

He added: "Since I signed, I've wanted to score my first goal as soon as possible. I got my first here at Anfield, which was very nice, and now I will carry on working.

"The goal will help me continue to settle in - goals always help."

After watching his 21st minute effort strike the back of Anfield's newly re-installed red nets, Borini's joy was there for all to see as he wheeled away in elation.

The 21-year-old treated Kopites to a first glimpse of his 'knife between the teeth' celebration, before sliding on his knees as his teammates converged upon him.

"You have seen many, many players sliding on their knees here - like Steven Gerrard and Torres - and I tried to do the same because I was so happy," he explained.

"It was very important to show my own celebration, too. The fans will get to know me better game by game. This was my first game at Anfield and I think I made a good impression on them."

Borini's goal came about after sublime skill by strike partner Luis Suarez created a chance inside the box as he celebrated his new long-term contract by turning in an outstanding performance.

Liverpool's No.29 admits he relished playing alongside the Uruguayan - but was keen to stress the victory was very much a collective effort.

"Suarez made the goal," said Borini. "It was the first time I had played with him and it was absolutely amazing. He is an unselfish player, but we all played an amazing game together.

"Collectively, we did very well - both offensively and defensively. That was the key because we were very compact from the first second of the game until the last. "

The success over Gomel was also a landmark night for Rodgers, who took charge of a game at Anfield for the first time as Liverpool manager.

Borini revealed he spoke to the boss prior to kick off, and is looking forward to trying to produce similar team displays over the course of the campaign.

He explained: "The manager said to me, 'We are at Anfield, which is our home. We need to play our football and stay focused because this is just the beginning (for you).'

"I have played this kind of football before with him. It's enjoyable to play because you feel good and feel free to do your stuff and play football - it's great."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/borini-i-ll-never-forget-it
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #142: Aug 10, 2012 07:43:50 am
      Was a good goal lad! Doing this every week would be appreciated :)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #143: Aug 10, 2012 11:44:07 am
      My eyes lit up when he scored that goal.

The number of times we had exactly that sort of chance last season- ball drops to someone in a crowded box and they would either panic and sky it, or take too long and the chance would go. Or we'd hit the woodwork, or keeper would pull of a worldy ofcourse!

He does seem to have that clinical finish that we so badly need.

Excellent home debut, I've got a feeling this lad will be massively important this season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #144: Aug 10, 2012 11:57:04 am
      Love him already.

Looks like he has an eye for goal and his link up play looks great too.

We might have lost an engine in Kuyt but we've gained one in Borini for sure.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #145: Aug 10, 2012 11:57:52 am
      Well things are going in the right direction, Brendan told us Fabio could do a job for us and indeed that looks to be the case, he also insists that Joe Allen has the potential to do the same for the club - maybe people should stop sniping.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #146: Aug 10, 2012 12:05:52 pm
      Well I was excited by clips I saw and reports I read after he signed....

And if he continues like last night I'll love him....

But wait he isn't Kaka so this can't be what Brendan meant   :depressed:
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #147: Aug 10, 2012 01:23:30 pm
      Oh Boriniiiii oh woahh..... Boriniii oh woah... ;D
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #148: Aug 10, 2012 01:32:52 pm
      Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

Fabio Borini to start with Italy against England in friendly game on 15th august

WTF?

Hate these F***ing friendlies.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #149: Aug 10, 2012 01:35:49 pm
      Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

Fabio Borini to start with Italy against England in friendly game on 15th august

WTF?

Hate these f**king friendlies.

Not ideal but wont do his confidence any harm though playing for his country..

Glad Stevie isn't playing mind.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #150: Aug 10, 2012 02:10:14 pm
      Well I was excited by clips I saw and reports I read after he signed....

And if he continues like last night I'll love him....

But wait he isn't Kaka so this can't be what Brendan meant   :depressed:

;D
      When he scored I literally yelled at the top of my lungs, shaking my fists in the air....all by myself in my home. So if that's not an "exciting" signing I don't know what is ;)
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #151: Aug 10, 2012 03:00:36 pm
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #152: Aug 10, 2012 04:20:09 pm
      My eyes lit up when he scored that goal.

The number of times we had exactly that sort of chance last season- ball drops to someone in a crowded box and they would either panic and sky it, or take too long and the chance would go. Or we'd hit the woodwork, or keeper would pull of a worldy ofcourse!

He does seem to have that clinical finish that we so badly need.

Excellent home debut, I've got a feeling this lad will be massively important this season.

My thoughts.

It's early to tell, but he seems to have somewhat of a scoring instinct and the confidence to trust it. I think we'll see plenty of goals from him this season.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #153: Aug 10, 2012 05:11:32 pm
      This guy is going to provide a lot of the goals we sorely lacked last season. He just seems to have that knack of putting himself in the right place at the right time in the box to capitalise on anything at all. You could see, as soon as that ball from Suarez was knocked up in the air, he was setting himself to shoot, and its that kind of goal scoring instinct we desperately missed last season. His combination play with Suarez was also very encouraging, they are both such tricky customers in the box, I can envision a few neat 1-2 goals between them in the future.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #154: Aug 11, 2012 02:15:42 am
      Must admit I've liked what I've seen so far. Without doubt he's very raw but his movement is excellent and none stop, doesn't mind drifting into the channel and makes space for others all the time. Tries to pick a pass when in the final third rather than just hit an area which I like a lot in a forward, think him and Suarez could develop a very good understanding.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #155: Aug 11, 2012 02:24:30 am
      Looks like he could become a new Dirk Kuyt type player. Hard grafter who will play anywhere and pop up with a goal now and then.

One thing I was really impressed with was how every time Suarez drifted out wide, Borini would take up his position in the box. That way there was always at least one body in the box for Suarez to link up with. And of course the goal was quality, could of easily skied it or dragged it wide but kept it down and hit the target.

Good solid start to his Liverpool career.
      BigGreg
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #156: Aug 11, 2012 08:18:48 pm
      Very interested to see how he plays out here. I've heard his name before but I cant say I remember much about watching him play. Seems to be some good talk of this lad, cant wait to see what he can bring
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #157: Aug 11, 2012 08:22:25 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Football Club Fabio Borini. May your stay be long and fruitful.

Liked what i saw the other night, don't really know much about him at all.

Brendan gets another signing he really wanted so i'm happy.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #158: Aug 11, 2012 11:22:43 pm
      I thought he took it well he played well all over the park ... bodes well :)
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #159: Aug 12, 2012 12:25:16 am
      I thought he had a very promising debut. Stil struggling to believe he is only 21 so I'm willing to give him time. But I do think he will get a good amount of goals as he just has that knack to score.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #160: Aug 12, 2012 12:33:44 am
      Well Im hoping he can chip in with the 15+ we missed last year and that will help the cause.

Quick Reply