Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 196547 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1771: Dec 07, 2014 10:04:37 pm
      So - what was it you were saying back in the summer Fabio?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1772: Dec 07, 2014 10:24:47 pm
      I agree, he is a pretty sh*t individual, but as a team player, maybe not? With his work rate and off the ball movement, he'll be more beneficial to our team than the likes of Lambert & Balotelli. Our midfield and attacking players are totally at a loss when we play a target man, it totally constricts them of a passing game.

May need editing or clarification.

I have no idea why he is not getting a game, we have 5 forwards.
      Lambert is getting on, slow, and not performed all that well.
      Sturridge is injured.
      Balotelli is also injured and may get a ban.
      Markovic is new to the EPL, finding his feet.

Borini. Why he is not playing is beyond me, he wanted to come back and fight for his place, but is not being given the chance.

I just don't get it when others who under perform are still getting games. BR needs to realise it is a squad game.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1773: Dec 07, 2014 10:33:52 pm

Can not edit. What I mean was, he's not a very good player but his attributes would be more beneficial to our team than what Lambert and Balo offers:)
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1774: Dec 07, 2014 10:34:05 pm
      I don't get the Borini situation either.  Look I have made my feelings known about him, I think he is absolute garbage, but is he really THAT much worse than Lambert that he can't even get off the bench?  that seems a bit odd.  Even more bizarre when you remember that Borini called Rodgers a "father figure."  So Rodgers won't even play his sort-of-son when we have absolutely no other options.

bit odd isn't it.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1775: Dec 07, 2014 10:44:12 pm
      Don't think bringing on.borini on would have made a lot of deference in the end, sure he would offer more movement than Lambert, and get involved in the build up, but I can't see him getting on the end of things.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1776: Dec 07, 2014 11:00:12 pm
      I'll admit I'm wrong if that happens...

But it won't.

Please, he's no loyalty to anyone as shown by his track record with clubs and the amount he's had. Borini couldn't care less where he is as long as he's got money in his pocket. He's a nothing player who'll we'll only remember in years to come when someone happens to say "hey remember Borini". Put him on the shelf next to Josemi, Kronkamp and Sebastian Leto never to be remembered again.

Still looking good for my prediction.

Anyone still arguing he's better than the 13 million we would have got... Thought not.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1777: Dec 07, 2014 11:38:57 pm
      Still looking good for my prediction.

Anyone still arguing he's better than the 13 million we would have got... Thought not.

One prediction you got wrong though was that Borini won't care where he plays. He clearly wants to be here, regardless of how poor of a finisher I think he is.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1778: Dec 08, 2014 09:45:18 pm

I have no idea why he is not getting a game, we have 5 forwards.
      Lambert is getting on, slow, and not performed all that well.
      Sturridge is injured.
      Balotelli is also injured and may get a ban.
      Markovic is new to the EPL, finding his feet.

Borini. Why he is not playing is beyond me, he wanted to come back and fight for his place, but is not being given the chance.

I just don't get it when others who under perform are still getting games. BR needs to realise it is a squad game.

Especially when you consider that BR said he wanted only players that really wanted to be here and prove themselves. Well he could have gone elsewhere in the summer but chose to stay and fight for his place.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1779: Dec 08, 2014 09:58:51 pm

Not really, he's sh*te. He wouldn't piss off in the summer when we wanted rid. He is literally a waste of (striking) space. Bit harsh, but I'm with BR, he didn't get the message, he should now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1780: Dec 08, 2014 10:06:43 pm
      Not really, he's sh*te. He wouldn't piss off in the summer when we wanted rid. He is literally a waste of (striking) space. Bit harsh, but I'm with BR, he didn't get the message, he should now.

Are you talking about Balotelli a year from now?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1781: Dec 09, 2014 01:13:12 pm
      Let's face it. He's been treated like dog sh*t. Some will say he ain't good enough. But he was good enough for Brendan when he bought him for a sizeable fee! Once again, Brendans ego is in the way here. It stops him thinking rationally. Once he has the bee in his bonnet, that's it I'm afraid.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1782: Dec 09, 2014 01:21:25 pm
      Let's face it. He's been treated like dog sh*t. Some will say he ain't good enough. But he was good enough for Brendan when he bought him for a sizeable fee! Once again, Brendans ego is in the way here. It stops him thinking rationally. Once he has the bee in his bonnet, that's it I'm afraid.

Brendan is giving Borini the Agger treatment. Freeze the player out of the squad to force him to move club. Even though he is a better option than the players we currently have available in his position.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #1783: Dec 09, 2014 01:50:20 pm
      I wouldn't like to see how Brendan would have treated Kuyt. How he's treating Borini is a disgrace! The guy applies himself and plays with a lot of heart. Brendan needs to take a long hard look at himself, if he doesn't award players who are grafting who is he going to award?
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #1784: Dec 09, 2014 02:10:57 pm
      I wouldn't like to see how Brendan would have treated Kuyt. How he's treating Borini is a disgrace! The guy applies himself and plays with a lot of heart. Brendan needs to take a long hard look at himself, if he doesn't award players who are grafting who is he going to award?
      Those who are grafting, and have a bit of quallity about them. The last time we have seen Borini play, he touched (misscontroled) a ball once in twenty minute cameo. This glorified movement was none of use, he just run like a Kuyt but without Dirks intelligence and reading of the game to get on end of things. Can´t understand why is he suddenly an answer to our problems. Rodgers likes technical, clever footballers. Fabio, to be honest, is none of it.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #1785: Dec 09, 2014 04:00:53 pm
      I disagree. He has shown that he's done more than Balotelli. I am not saying he's been glaringly spectacular, what I am saying is, there are many other players who are not applying themselves as much and are being given the opportunity to prove themselves. Brendan seems to have made his mind up on a player who has often been frustratingly injured whilst he's here. Now he's seemingly injury free, he's not had a proper run of games to prove his worth.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #1786: Dec 09, 2014 04:40:59 pm
      Not prolific, but definitely not sh*t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzDUNrq1DO0

Some of the comments on here are really not very nice.

Never bad mouthed the club.
      Never bit anyone.
      Never been banned.
      Never been interviewed by the police, and yet he is vilified.
      Wants to play.
      Wants to play for this club, and yet that is not enough.

YNWA unless you're Borini.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1787: Dec 09, 2014 05:04:28 pm
      Not prolific, but definitely not sh*t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzDUNrq1DO0

Some of the comments on here are really not very nice.

Never bad mouthed the club.
      Never bit anyone.
      Never been banned.
      Never been interviewed by the police, and yet he is vilified.
      Wants to play.
      Wants to play for this club, and yet that is not enough.

YNWA unless you're Borini.

Completely agree.

So why did BR bring him here?

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1788: Dec 09, 2014 05:12:41 pm
      Those who are grafting, and have a bit of quallity about them. The last time we have seen Borini play, he touched (misscontroled) a ball once in twenty minute cameo. This glorified movement was none of use, he just run like a Kuyt but without Dirks intelligence and reading of the game to get on end of things. Can´t understand why is he suddenly an answer to our problems. Rodgers likes technical, clever footballers. Fabio, to be honest, is none of it.

No-one said he was the answer to our problems. Merely stating he has something different to offer and deserves a shot. At the very least 45 minutes tonight...

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #1789: Dec 09, 2014 05:16:42 pm

Completely agree.

So why did BR bring him here?

No idea, but..

I think this is the "exciting" signing the boss was talking about.

Rodgers: Fans will love him
      13th Jul 2012 - Latest News

Brendan Rodgers revealed his delight at securing Fabio Borini as his first signing as Liverpool manager and predicted: 'The supporters are going to love him.'

The Italy international put pen to paper on a long-term deal with the Reds today - and the boss is thrilled to have got his man.

Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com: "I was very keen to bring him here. Fabio fits the model of what we're trying to do in building not only for now, but also for the future.

"He's a big talent, 21 years of age, he scores goals, and his passion, focus and concentration is a very important part of his game - and a big part of what you want from a player."

Borini's transfer to Anfield means he links up with Rodgers for a third time.

The pair first worked together in Chelsea youth set-up, before the manager took him on loan to Swansea City in 2011.

Rodgers added: "Yes, I've known him since he had just turned 16 years of age. We (Chelsea) took him in from Bologna when he was 16 and he progressed incredibly well as a young player to go on to play for the first team at Chelsea.

"It didn't work out in terms of he couldn't agree a contract, but before he left I took him on loan to Swansea and he made a big, big impression there and really helped us in our promotion charge that season.

"He left and went away (to Roma) and in the last season he's done incredibly well.

"I think the supporters will love him. As I said, he's a goalscorer, but he's a multifunctional player who can play in a number of positions - and someone I believe has got great growth.

"He's one of the few young players in the full Italian squad. I'd anticipate that over the next two or three years he'll really progress and I'm sure do very well for Liverpool."

Borini made four first-team appearances for Chelsea, before firing six goals in 12 appearances at Swansea.

Rodgers believes the previous experience of English football will stand the 21-year-old in good stead for the challenges that await him at Anfield.

"I think the adaptation will be much easier," he said. "I believe he'll feel as though he's coming home because his formative years as a young player were here in Britain and the game in this country suits him.

"He's technically strong, he's a good finisher with both feet, he can play central or on the sides in a 4-3-3 up front, he's quick, and he's tactically very good.

"He is arguably the best physical player I've worked with in terms of his pace, power and fitness. Mentally, he's very strong. We've got a player who is on the up and someone who I think Liverpool will benefit from."

Despite his tender age, Borini already has international honours with Italy and was part of their squad for the European Championships.

But while Rodgers feels the forward has the talent to make an instant impact, he believes the Reds will also reap the long-term benefits of their new No.29.

"I don't want to put any unnecessary pressure on him," he said." I believe he's one who can impact now - and he still has a lot of learning, growth and a lot to achieve in the game.

"This is a great environment for him to come into. It's a coaching environment, and it's a club which is historic.

"To leave a club like Roma having done very, very well for them and having just completed a transfer shows the pull we have as a football club.

"Roma is one of the world's big clubs - certainly in Italy it is - so for him to leave there having done very well, and for Roma to fight to get him in, just shows the incredible pull Liverpool Football Club has."
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #1790: Dec 09, 2014 05:26:36 pm
      You'd think Rodgers was his agent reading that.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1791: Dec 09, 2014 05:27:15 pm
      Sunderland reported to be preparing a second bid for Borini in January.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-news-transfers-fabio-borini-4612344
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      Reply #1792: Dec 09, 2014 05:29:50 pm

And they will play him.

They will get him for a lot less than they were offering in the summer.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1793: Dec 09, 2014 06:10:42 pm
      And they will play him.

They will get him for a lot less than they were offering in the summer.

Something doesn't add up there mate.
      The player refuses the first offer presumably in the hope of an improved bid and/or enhanced status within LFC.
      In this case neither has materialised and the club stands to get shafted big time if Sunderland come in again.
       ??????

Quick Reply