Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 193637 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1955: Jun 09, 2015 10:19:44 pm
      Ok to slag off Borini but not Ings?

Has Ings kicked a ball for us yet?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1956: Jun 09, 2015 10:25:05 pm

Both LFC players so do they not deserve the same Standard of respect or abuse

;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1957: Jun 09, 2015 10:31:50 pm

;D

No.

One is a Liverpool player meaning he must be under the microscope for scrutiny and has failed miserably.

One is about to be under the microscope as a Liverpool player and looks a tidy player but we'll have to wait and see.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1958: Jun 09, 2015 10:36:18 pm

They both, like all Liverpool players, deserve honesty.

I also don't actually recall saying nobody should be slagging Ings off. If you go and read his thread, I said I wasn't bowled over by his signing. Borini is sh*t though. I've said that for the past three years. But you carry on being wrong, it's become a common trend.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1959: Jun 09, 2015 10:40:31 pm
      No.

One is a Liverpool player meaning he must be under the microscope for scrutiny and has failed miserably.

One is about to be under the microscope as a Liverpool player and looks a tidy player but we'll have to wait and see.

Oh ok let Ings play a couple of games then it's ok to slag him off?

I get it now   ;)

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1960: Jun 09, 2015 10:41:00 pm
      Oh ok let Ings play a couple of games then it's ok to slag him off?

I get it now   ;)

Aye... Something like that ;)

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1961: Jun 09, 2015 10:49:02 pm
      You rewatched 4 games in the last hour since I posted....

No, I just remembered he wasn't as bad as you made out to be. But, I do have a whole backlog of games on my sky box that I can rewatch , so I may do that some other day!

No he demanded more to move, at least 80k per week (20k wage rise) he rejected all other offered lower than 80k. Doesn't matter if he was offered more than 60k (which it of itself is silly) he still held out for more and claimed he wanted to fight for a place, knowing full well he was going to get to sit on his arse for a year and rake the easy money in.

I really don't believe he wanted to sit on the bench collecting money, perhaps he thought he was good enough? But what can you do if your manager doesn't give you a run of games? And looking back at articles/reports, he would have made more at QPR or Sunderland.

If you want to keep arguing you can... But ask yourself is it really worth it for a player who'll be playing Serie B football in 3 years?

I am not arguing, I am replying :) And the question you pose is the question you need to ask yourself.

Personally, I don't think Borini, Lambert and Balo are all that, same with Ings, but what they can bring is balance to an attack, a focal point if played properly which could have been beneficial to our team. You don't always need the best players to have a winning team, you just need the parts in the right place to keep the clock ticking, and the reason why I felt we should have played our strikers properly. I just feel Borini , Balo and Lambert aren't as bad as some make out to be.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1962: Jun 09, 2015 11:11:50 pm
      No, I just remembered he wasn't as bad as you made out to be. But, I do have a whole backlog of games on my sky box that I can rewatch , so I may do that some other day!

Your loss if you want to. But if you do just watch him, watch his runs and ask yourself 'should he really be there'. If you think he's in the right place most of the time... Well then more power to you.

I really don't believe he wanted to sit on the bench collecting money, perhaps he thought he was good enough? But what can you do if your manager doesn't give you a run of games? And looking back at articles/reports, he would have made more at QPR or Sunderland.

He was told he wasn't going to get games because he wasn't good enough and yet he still didn't move on unless he got 80k a week. Why is so hard to believe that there are some footballers who are in it for the money and would rather sit and do nothing rather than play for a living... There are slackers in literally all other jobs and this one is no different, it's a shame we've picked one up simply. He's nearly become a millionaire sitting on our bench this season not even showing the faintest sign of wanting to 'earn his spot' I guess that rubs me up the wrong way but if you're cool with it, again, it's your opinion I just cannot understand it.

I am not arguing, I am replying :) And the question you pose is the question you need to ask yourself.

I am arguing against him... Meaning that when he leaves I can stop. You are arguing for him, meaning that you can stop whenever you want which is why I gave you the option, I asked myself that question a long time ago so no need to answer it again.

Personally, I don't think Borini, Lambert and Balo are all that, same with Ings, but what they can bring is balance to an attack, a focal point if played properly which could have been beneficial to our team. You don't always need the best players to have a winning team, you just need the parts in the right place to keep the clock ticking, and the reason why I felt we should have played our strikers properly. I just feel Borini , Balo and Lambert aren't as bad as some make out to be.

Borini, Balo and Lambert are horror shows. When Balo is the best of a bunch you know it's a bad sign.

Look we clearly don't agree here, Borini hasn't shown me that he wants to do anything more than sit around and collect the clubs money for doing nothing. He clearly hasn't shown Rogers anything in training either. I just think that kind of effort coming from a man who promised to show what a real man looks like is shameful and he and his family should be embarrassed by what he's achieved this season. How can a man like that hold his head high and demand talks. As far as I'm concerned, he owes the club £720,000 for his efforts (and that's just this season).

[/quote]
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1963: Jun 09, 2015 11:36:51 pm
      He was told he wasn't going to get games because he wasn't good enough

Yet he played games for us...

Why is so hard to believe that there are some footballers who are in it for the money and would rather sit and do nothing rather than play for a living... There are slackers in literally all other jobs and this one is no different, it's a shame we've picked one up simply.

I agree there are many players like this, and I too get annoyed at people like that, but I think Borini genuinely wanted to fight for a place, another strong indication is his fiance being a scouser and Liverpool fan.

I am arguing against him... Meaning that when he leaves I can stop. You are arguing for him, meaning that you can stop whenever you want which is why I gave you the option, I asked myself that question a long time ago so no need to answer it again.

You should've been more specific. Though I do wonder why you are wasting your time arguing against a player you clearly hate.

Look we clearly don't agree here, Borini hasn't shown me that he wants to do anything more than sit around and collect the clubs money for doing nothing

We clearly don't and will never agree on Borini. I see the opposite. Though I do understand where you are coming from, but one thing I don't get is why you posted these:

You had it all, biggest team in the world with a 60k bumper deal. You got lazy, you don't train, you bi*ch, you moan

He is always in the wrong position, he literally gets in the f**king way all the time something which really annoys me

if you watch Borini you'll see he does run around a lot... That is not the same as workrate. He does run towards the opponent a lot when he doesn't have the ball... That is not pressing. He does make runs when we have the ball... That is not movement. Or at least they are not good examples of those things.

Which I have to question whether it's an opinion or just pure hatred on the player because you believe he's leeching off us.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1964: Jun 10, 2015 07:46:06 am
      Really did hope he would do it for us, but obv. it has not happened, of all the fringe strikers I thought he had the bets chance, he does work hard, but he is like a poor mans milan baros, just runs about, baros at least had an end product.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1965: Jun 10, 2015 08:36:38 am
      I didnt. I really didnt but it did make me smile that Borini was first in followed not long after by the Welsh Xavi.

Those choices were obviously the famed Transfer Committee's then ?

Pretty sure they were before the committee.

Is still don't see what that has to do with Borini being two faced?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1966: Jun 10, 2015 09:12:07 am
      Borini must be Rodgers biggest disappointment in what he has achieved at Anfield. What makes it worse is Rodgers  should of known what Borini was capable of as he had worked with him at previous clubs.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1967: Jun 10, 2015 09:20:55 am
      Borini must be Rodgers biggest disappointment in what he has achieved at Anfield. What makes it worse is Rodgers  should of known what Borini was capable of as he had worked with him at previous clubs.

I don't think he's got a fair crack of the whip.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1968: Jun 10, 2015 09:31:57 am

If Borini has not had a fair go then the problem can only lie with one man and that man has to be Rodgers.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1969: Jun 10, 2015 10:25:16 am

SShhhh  Billy.

We mustn't mention the Brendan Rodgers connection with his first and second signings both ex Swansea boys .

(Woops .
      Did I say that ?

Wash ma mouth out with soap !)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1970: Jun 10, 2015 10:34:15 am

I agree but he hasn't done much to catch the manager's eye when he has played though. He's done next to nothing apart from stupidly getting sent off.

2012/13
      League: 5 starts - 8 sub apps - 1 goal - 0 assists
      Dom. Cups: 1 start - 0 goals - 0 assists
      Europe: 4 starts - 2 sub apps - 1 goal - 0 assists

2013/14 (Sunderland)
      League: 25 starts - 7 sub apps - 7 goals - 2 assists
      Dom. Cups: 5 starts - 5 sub apps - 3 goals - 1 assist

2014/15
      League: 3 starts - 9 sub apps - 1 goal - 1 assist
      Dom. Cups: 1 start - 3 sub apps - 0 goals - 1 assist
      Europe: 1 start - 1 sub app - 0 goals - 0 assists

We won't miss him on the pitch that's for sure. He's obviously not showing much in training if he can't even persuade Brendan to put him on the bench half the time. Especially considering how eager Brendan was to sign him when he first became manager.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1971: Jun 10, 2015 11:27:38 am

We won't miss him on the pitch that's for sure. He's obviously not showing much in training if he can't even persuade Brendan to put him on the bench half the time. Especially considering how eager Brendan was to sign him when he first became manager.

THIS !

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1972: Jun 10, 2015 11:34:23 am
      If Borini has not had a fair go then the problem can only lie with one man and that man has to be Rodgers.

I agree Bill.

I think him, Balotelli and to a lesser extent Lambo have been kind of used to make a point about transfers.

I see the reasoning but it possibly was to the detriment of usbgetting results last season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1973: Jun 10, 2015 11:35:52 am
      SShhhh  Billy.

We mustn't mention the Brendan Rodgers connection with his first and second signings both ex Swansea boys .

(Woops .
      Did I say that ?

Wash ma mouth out with soap !)

You don't need to mention 'The Brendan Rodgers' connection Skip as it's a given that if the manger signed them he wanted them.

Still not sure what all that has to do with Borini being two faced according to you.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1974: Jun 10, 2015 11:50:01 am
      I agree Bill.

I think him, Balotelli and to a lesser extent Lambo have been kind of used to make a point about transfers.

I see the reasoning but it possibly was to the detriment of usbgetting results last season.

This is where I get a bit stuck with BR.
      If he's using players to make political points to the owners instead of playing his strongest team, then that's just plain wrong.
      It's also a pretty big "IF" although the evidence would seem to point in that direction, but without inside knowledge, we'll never really know.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1975: Jun 10, 2015 11:53:14 am
      This is where I get a bit stuck with BR.
      If he's using players to make political points to the owners instead of playing his strongest team, then that's just plain wrong.
      It's also a pretty big "IF" although the evidence would seem to point in that direction, but without inside knowledge, we'll never really know.

I agree Swab.

It is me guessing but I can't think of many other logical reasons for the selections last season.

Borini may well be not good enough and maybe Brendan has reached that conclusion, happens all the time with managers and players they sign, but he wanted to stay and wasn't going to be shipped out to a club he didn't want to go to.

I think he'll go almost anywhere this summer though to get a game.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1976: Jun 10, 2015 12:18:12 pm
      It is me guessing but I can't think of many other logical reasons for the selections last season.

Devil's advocate here Si...

What if Rodgers was told not to play Borini; you know... to force him to "go almost anywhere this summer"?

Or what if... [although he wasn't good enough before but seems to have improved when he wasn't played  :o] Fabio really isn't that good or didn't improve sufficiently to figure - happens a lot to 'young players, with potential' does that.

Personally I find the notion that 'Borini' and Liverpool's 'strongest team' could be used in the same sentence amusing.  :laugh:

Hands up who will genuinely be upset if he leaves this summer...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1977: Jun 10, 2015 12:21:20 pm
      Devil's advocate here Si...

What if Rodgers was told not to play Borini; you know... to force him to "go almost anywhere this summer"?

Or what if... [although he wasn't good enough before but seems to have improved when he wasn't played  :o] Fabio really isn't that good or didn't improve sufficiently to figure - happens a lot to 'young players, with potential' does that.

Personally I find the notion that 'Borini' and Liverpool's 'strongest team' could be used in the same sentence amusing.

Hands up who will genuinely be upset if he [part of our 'strongest team'] leaves this summer...  :-\

A very fair comment Mouse.

Listen I'll not be losing any sleep when he goes mate but I do think he is a little better than he gets credit for and does actually for into that fluid front three Brendan likes.

I also don't blame him for still being here last season if he didn't fancy the offers coming in.

I do however feel if we were stronger in transfer dealings he'd have been left with no choice. John Gibbons, Anfield Wrap, wrote about Comolli a whole back about how he seemed to have no problem shipping out players that weren't required anymore.
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2015 01:07:00 pm by srslfc »

Quick Reply