Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 193747 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #92: Jul 14, 2012 01:04:36 pm
      That's what I meant Croucinho.

Can't see Borini having no problems settling, he's got 3 year or so under his belt in England.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #93: Jul 14, 2012 01:07:23 pm
      Welcome, Fabio. Looking forward to seeing what you offer especially after hearing and reading many compliments about you.

Enjoy your time here, most of all.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #94: Jul 14, 2012 01:28:27 pm
      Cant wait until the new season starts now imagine scoring on his debut, if he plays of course.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #95: Jul 14, 2012 01:58:43 pm
      Cant wait until the new season starts now imagine scoring on his debut, if he plays of course.

If it's his debut, won't he have to be playing?  :D
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #96: Jul 14, 2012 03:00:12 pm
      ^ Loved that sarcasum Rodden man. But aren't we playing Roma pre season hope the he will score aginst them.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #97: Jul 14, 2012 04:01:16 pm

To D.I.S.C.O.

He is F, Fabulous
      He is A, Amazing
      He is B , Borini
      He is I, Incredible
      He is O, oh, oh, oh

F.A.B.I.O. (x4)

He is Fabio
      we"ll sing it when he starts scoring Rodders  :)I think the female fans could be better at it though. ;D
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #98: Jul 14, 2012 04:25:11 pm
      Liverpool FC fans will love Fabio Borini says Brendan Rodgers

LIVERPOOL FC boss Brendan Rodgers is backing Fabio Borini to become a Kop idol after signing the striker from Roma.
      The Northern Irishman has expressed his delight at being reunited with the 21-year-old Italian who he worked with at both Chelsea and Swansea.

Borini has penned a long term deal with the Reds and Rodgers believes he will be a big hit with the club’s supporters

“I was very keen to bring him here,” said Rodgers. “Fabio fits the model of what we’re trying to do in building not only for now, but also for the future.

“He’s a big talent, 21 years of age, he scores goals, and his passion, focus and concentration is a very important part of his game.

“I’ve known him since he had just turned 16. We (Chelsea) took him in from Bologna and he progressed incredibly well as a young player to go on to play for the first team at Chelsea.

“It didn’t work out in terms of he couldn’t agree a contract, but before he left I took him on loan to Swansea and he made a big impression there and really helped us in our promotion charge that season.

“He left and went away (to Roma) and in the last season he’s done incredibly well.

“I think the supporters will love him. He’s a goalscorer, but he’s a multifunctional player who can play in a number of positions – and someone I believe has got great growth.

“He’s one of the few young players in the full Italian squad. I’d anticipate that over the next two or three years he’ll really progress and I’m sure do very well for Liverpool.”

*More on Borini: He's exactly what Reds need says Jan Molby

Borini played eight first team games for Chelsea prior to a loan spell at Swansea towards the end of the 2010/11 season when he scored six goals in 12 appearances.

Rodgers is convinced that experience of English football will stand him in good stead for the challenges ahead.

“I think the adaptation will be much easier,” he said. “I believe he’ll feel as though he’s coming home because his formative years as a young player were here in Britain and the game in this country suits him.

“He’s technically strong, he’s a good finisher with both feet, he can play central or on the sides in a 4-3-3 up front, he’s quick, and he’s tactically very good.

“He is arguably the best physical player I’ve worked with in terms of his pace, power and fitness.

“Mentally, he’s very strong. We’ve got a player who is on the up and someone who I think Liverpool will benefit from.”

Rodgers believes the fact Liverpool were able to lure one of Italy’s brightest prospects to Anfield speaks volumes about the club’s ability to attract players.

“To leave a club like Roma having done very well for them and having just completed a transfer shows the pull we have as a football club,” he added.

“Roma is one of the world’s big clubs so for him to leave there having done very well, and for Roma to fight to get him in, just shows the incredible pull Liverpool Football Club has.

“I don’t want to put any unnecessary pressure on him.

“I believe he’s one who can impact now but he still has a lot of learning, growth and a lot to achieve in the game.

“This is a great environment for him to come into. It’s a coaching environment, and it’s a club which is historic.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/07/14/liverpool-fc-fans-will-love-fabio-borini-says-brendan-rodgers-100252-31392924/
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #99: Jul 14, 2012 05:54:03 pm

I look forward to seeing this...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #100: Jul 14, 2012 07:19:03 pm
      Not sure if Borini is supposed to be the exciting player Brendan talked about, but he really does sound like he will be a good signing.  Pace, power and fitness is what I was hoping for (allied to a clinical finish if possible :) ) and from Brendan's comments has has those so a lot to  look forward to imo.

Hopefully if Carroll does go we will still bring someone else in, but I think Fabio will get plenty of games (and goals) for us this season.   
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #101: Jul 14, 2012 07:36:16 pm
      Not sure if Borini is supposed to be the exciting player Brendan talked about, but he really does sound like he will be a good signing.  Pace, power and fitness is what I was hoping for (allied to a clinical finish if possible :) ) and from Brendan's comments has has those so a lot to  look forward to imo.

Hopefully if Carroll does go we will still bring someone else in, but I think Fabio will get plenty of games (and goals) for us this season.   

It does look like he is the exciting signing which is a bit disappointing.

He is a good signing with great potential for the future but I guess I wanted the "exciting" signing to be someone really exciting and a bit more proven.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #102: Jul 14, 2012 08:12:21 pm
      when the ball hits the net an the women get wet its Borini...when he shoots an he scores an the kop starts to roar...thats Borini

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Looks a decent little player looks like he gives it all in a game,Looking forward to see him play Him and Mr Suarez should amok this season!!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,236 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #103: Jul 14, 2012 10:08:00 pm
      Welcome aboard Fabio, look forward to you scoring good luck
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #104: Jul 14, 2012 11:57:16 pm
      If it's his debut, won't he have to be playing?  :D
      Ill give you that one Rodden.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #105: Jul 15, 2012 02:03:33 am
      Welcome Fabio. All the best.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #106: Jul 15, 2012 11:04:23 am
      Welcome and good luck son - YNWA now
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #107: Jul 15, 2012 06:45:04 pm
      Working with an Italian who is a big football fan. He claims that Borini is bit like Pippo Inzaghi in that he may not be technically gifted but he is in the right place at the right time, as well as works his arse off. Fingers crossed that assessment is an accuarte one.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #108: Jul 15, 2012 06:55:15 pm
      Working with an Italian who is a big football fan. He claims that Borini is bit like Pippo Inzaghi in that he may not be technically gifted but he is in the right place at the right time, as well as works his arse off. Fingers crossed that assessment is an accuarte one.

Funny comparison as in his first LFC interview, Fabio said his "role model" is Inzaghi. And to be fair, not a bad player to look up to.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #109: Jul 15, 2012 07:01:27 pm
      As long as you don't get caught offside as much as him, that lad is so bloody frustrating but you can't argue with his goal tally. (Inzaghi)
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #110: Jul 15, 2012 07:07:27 pm
      Long way to go before he can even been mentioned in the same breath as Inzaghi.

A lot of faith and trust is going to be put on someone very unproven.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #111: Jul 16, 2012 03:40:46 am
      Long way to go before he can even been mentioned in the same breath as Inzaghi.

What as a hand-ball cheating c**t?
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #112: Jul 16, 2012 10:47:43 am
      Welcome fella, hopefully you can be the one to end the woodwork hoodoo.
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #113: Jul 16, 2012 04:30:32 pm
      Most Welcome to the Greatest Football Club On Earth. Do Us Proud Lad!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #114: Jul 16, 2012 04:43:20 pm

Bit of a beast.

Quick Reply