Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 192684 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #23: Jul 13, 2012 08:01:04 pm
      Hahahahahahaha well spotted.!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #24: Jul 13, 2012 08:03:29 pm
      Never seen the lad play. Best of luck, and hope he makes a difference for us
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #25: Jul 13, 2012 08:06:07 pm
      Looking into it the rule says 3 seasons before the 21st birthday. This he did. 2007-08 08-09 and 09-10 so I think he will count as home-grown.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #26: Jul 13, 2012 08:08:40 pm
      Is there anyone that would excite you?  :f_whistle:

Lots of players.

But not a 21 year old unproven player.

Think he is going to do well for us but I am expecting better.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #27: Jul 13, 2012 08:12:04 pm
      Welcome to the greatest club in the world Fabio!
      MarkyMark
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #28: Jul 13, 2012 08:12:29 pm
      I wrote a blog on Borini a couple of days ago!

Looking at his stats and comparing him to current LFC forwards!

http://wp.me/s2AaEh-8

Feedback appreciated!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #29: Jul 13, 2012 08:13:17 pm
      Loving the proposed song...

"When he shoots and he scores, and the Kop starts to roar that's Borrriinnnniii!"
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #30: Jul 13, 2012 08:17:48 pm
      Welcome Fabio!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Jul 13, 2012 08:31:12 pm
      Welcome Fabio!

Ynwa
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #32: Jul 13, 2012 08:35:51 pm
      Loving the proposed song...

"When he shoots and he scores, and the Kop starts to roar that's Borrriinnnniii!"

Quality!!!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33: Jul 13, 2012 08:36:25 pm
      Some of Rodgers quotes about Borini, heaping a lot of praise on him here:-

I was very keen to bring him here. Fabio fits the model of what we’re trying to do in building not only for now, but also for the future.

Talking about the talent he believes Fabio has…

He’s a big talent, 21 years of age, he scores goals, and his passion, focus and concentration is a very important part of his game – and a big part of what you want from a player

I think the supporters will love him. As I said, he’s a goalscorer, but he’s a multifunctional player who can play in a number of positions – and someone I believe has got great growth.

He’s one of the few young players in the full Italian squad. I’d anticipate that over the next two or three years he’ll really progress and I’m sure do very well for Liverpool.

Brendan went on to discuss Fabio the player..

He’s technically strong, he’s a good finisher with both feet, he can play central or on the sides in a 4-3-3 up front, he’s quick, and he’s tactically very good.

He is arguably the best physical player I’ve worked with in terms of his pace, power and fitness. Mentally, he’s very strong. We’ve got a player who is on the up and someone who I think Liverpool will benefit from.

Welcome Fabio, hope you have a great career here!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #34: Jul 13, 2012 08:39:58 pm
      Lots of players.

But not a 21 year old unproven player.

Think he is going to do well for us but I am expecting better.

A few years ago we were linked with an unproven kid (Sergio Aguero).  I bet everyone wishes we would have gotten him in.... 

Every great player starts off as an unproven youngster.  Maybe you could give Borini and Rodgers a chance to show us what they can do to take the club forward before writing off the entire project.....

Welcome Fabio!!  Excited to see you wearing the red shirt and bird we all love!!
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #35: Jul 13, 2012 08:43:13 pm
      yes yes yes yes.

Welcome.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #36: Jul 13, 2012 08:45:49 pm
      Unproven youngsters imo are more exciting than signing the likes of Charlie Adam or maybe Dempsey. This is because firstly, the want to prove themselves, secondly there is time to mould them into great players and lastly, because they are unknown quantities, you don't know what you will get. There is mpore chance of a 21 year old Italian striker surprising you than an older player who you know about and you know what they can do
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #37: Jul 13, 2012 08:51:44 pm
      A few years ago we were linked with an unproven kid (Sergio Aguero).  I bet everyone wishes we would have gotten him in.... 

Every great player starts off as an unproven youngster.  Maybe you could give Borini and Rodgers a chance to show us what they can do to take the club forward before writing off the entire project.....

Welcome Fabio!!  Excited to see you wearing the red shirt and bird we all love!!

Augero was being chased by every top club and eventually went for nearly 20mil to Atletico - everyone knew about him and he was massively rated. Borini isn't the same. Rodgers was alluding that one signing would excite the fans and they will love him - if this is that signing then I'm underwhelmed a lot

And I would like you to show me where I have written anything off   
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #38: Jul 13, 2012 09:19:39 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool lad!
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #39: Jul 13, 2012 09:24:06 pm
      Augero was being chased by every top club and eventually went for nearly 20mil to Atletico - everyone knew about him and he was massively rated. Borini isn't the same. Rodgers was alluding that one signing would excite the fans and they will love him - if this is that signing then I'm underwhelmed a lot

You seem very dismissive. You do realise we aren't in a position to go and sign players like Cavani? Who would you rather we went in for? Kind of person that in 2004 would probably have rather gone in for someone like Guti than Xabi. Also doesn't always work out signing 'proven' players, Morientes case in point.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #40: Jul 13, 2012 09:26:29 pm
      Boss on Borini deal - Liverpool FC
      Borini's first interview for LFC!

£7+ million and no seatbelt, strap that f**ker in!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #41: Jul 13, 2012 09:30:48 pm
      You seem very dismissive. You do realise we aren't in a position to go and sign players like Cavani? Who would you rather we went in for? Kind of person that in 2004 would probably have rather gone in for someone like Guti than Xabi. Also doesn't always work out signing 'proven' players, Morientes case in point

I'm not dismissing the signing at all - I think it's a good signing for the future and something to build.

I will just be very underwhelmed if this is the exciting signing Rodgers was alluding too. I hope he is that start of the summer signings and not the main summer signing.

I hope we can get a more established player like Johnson - or Schurre or the polish capt Jakub Blas...
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #42: Jul 13, 2012 09:33:46 pm

It's a fair point. Borini has potential but is no star young player or Roma wouldn't let him for only a £3m profit. If they thought he was going to be a superstar they know they'd get a lot more in a year or two's time and would keep him.

I hope Borini does well and becomes a good player. But this is Liverpool, and it'll take a lot more than a relatively unproven 21 year old Italian to get most fans excited.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #43: Jul 13, 2012 09:34:39 pm
      It's a fair point. Borini has potential but is no star young player or Roma wouldn't let him for only a £3m profit. If they thought he was going to be a superstar they know they'd get a lot more in a year or two's time and would keep him.

I hope Borini does well and becomes a good player. But this is Liverpool, and it'll take a lot more than a relatively unproven 21 year old Italian to get most fans excited.

Yep that pretty much sums it up.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #44: Jul 13, 2012 09:35:27 pm
      Does he remind anyone else of Meireles? Hopefully not in all ways though xD
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #45: Jul 13, 2012 09:36:11 pm
      I'm not dismissing the signing at all - I think it's a good signing for the future and something to build.

I will just be very underwhelmed if this is the exciting signing Rodgers was alluding too. I hope he is that start of the summer signings and not the main summer signing.

I hope we can get a more established player like Johnson - or Schurre or the polish capt Jakub Blas...

Fair enough pal. I'd probably agree that its not a signing that's had me jumping up and down either but think its a good solid signing and excited to see how he progresses. Don't think Schurrle will be leaving this summer, thought I read Chelsea had a big bid turned down. Johnson wouldn't excited me too much, think we'd have to overpay for a player that's failed to show consistency and Mancini thinks he's tactically poor. We do need a wide player from somewhere.

Quick Reply