Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 193823 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1495: Apr 10, 2014 11:03:43 pm
      Since when has any club had just two strikers and done well in Europe.

AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #1496: Apr 10, 2014 11:06:35 pm

We technically had four, Sinama-Pongolle, Mellor, Baros and Cisse.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1497: Apr 10, 2014 11:13:46 pm
      We technically had four, Sinama-Pongolle, Mellor, Baros and Cisse.

One of which had a broken leg for over half the season and the other two were nippers leaving only Baros as an established player.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1498: Apr 10, 2014 11:15:09 pm
      One of which had a broken leg for over half the season and the other two were nippers leaving only Baros as an established player.

Yeah exactly. And Baros wasn't exactly prolific either :D
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #1499: Apr 10, 2014 11:18:57 pm

I didn't say they were available or any good, just said we had them  ;D

I think they all scored in the champions league that year didn't they?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1500: Apr 11, 2014 08:49:03 am
      The question I would ask anyone who has been beating the Borini drum is to look at the drop off when he potentially comes in for one of our other players.

If Borini replaces Suarez upfront how big is the drop off in quality?
      If Borini replaces Sturridge upfront how big is the drop off in quality?
      If Borini replaces Sterling out wide how big is the drop off in quality?
      If Borini replaces Coutinho out wide how big is the drop off in quality?

For me The answer to every question is massive and that's why we need better. Anyone in favour of Borini being back n the fold at Anfield next season, would you be happy or hopeful for him to come in and replace any of these lads?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1501: Apr 11, 2014 09:41:58 am
      The question I would ask anyone who has been beating the Borini drum is to look at the drop off when he potentially comes in for one of our other players....
      That's a very good 'take' on Borini Scott; made all the more relevant by the fact that we should be competing in the League and Champions League with some intent [if not also the FA & League Cups]. If he wasn't 'ready' to participate in this season's push will he be 'ready', for the additional pressures, after a season with Sunderland? Personally I hope he is but I'm just not sure he's of the quality required for the next level.

Is Fabio really  'good enough' to be our first choice cover for any of the lads you mention? Well...

As most of you know I always look for the good in our players and always hope that those who've started slowly will come good. So I have been sitting quietly looking on, when I could, at his progress with Sunderland. I've watched Sunderland quite a bit... looking at them as a neutral.

The thing is, when I look at them as a neutral [setting aside Fabio's affiliation with the Reds]; being honest, of all their players, only Johnson took my eye. Put another way - if Fabio Borini wasn't a Red I wouldn't be looking to sign him from Sunderland, at the end of the season, as the quality we need to take us to the next level.

If he comes back I hope he sets the place alight but we will still need better, as we push on, in my opinion.

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1502: Apr 11, 2014 11:28:41 pm
      Hey dude Sunderland are my father in laws first love and whilst he has been quite complimentary of Borini, it is as you say, Johnson is their best offensive player. In fact, I would be talking to them about a player plus cash deal to bring him in Johnson because he is a player I rate considerably more highly than Borini.

I can't help but think that some are simply high on Borini out of hope and loyalty, hope that he isn't a bit naff, and feeling the need to say so because the lad is a Liverpool player and he has a nice attitude.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1503: Apr 11, 2014 11:42:18 pm
      Hey dude Sunderland are my father in laws first love and whilst he has been quite complimentary of Borini, it is as you say, Johnson is their best offensive player. In fact, I would be talking to them about a player plus cash deal to bring him in Johnson because he is a player I rate considerably more highly than Borini.

I can't help but think that some are simply high on Borini out of hope and loyalty, hope that he isn't a bit naff, and feeling the need to say so because the lad is a Liverpool player and he has a nice attitude.

Johnson is definitely their best player. Seemed to sulk a bit at City though when he wasn't getting game time. With it also being very likely that we will get in a high quality player to play left side who will probably be versatile enough to play right side also (one of Brendan's most valued traits) do you think Johnson would actually get much game if we brought him in?

I think he'd cost around £12m, now whatever you rate Borini at in terms of money doesn't really matter much we still would be paying £12m for a back-up player rather than a starter, can't say I'd be too happy with that. We also have some young lads who look very promising who he would be pushing down that ladder and simply keeping them out of a start in the early cup games.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1504: Apr 12, 2014 08:11:10 pm
      Johnson is definitely their best player. Seemed to sulk a bit at City though when he wasn't getting game time. With it also being very likely that we will get in a high quality player to play left side who will probably be versatile enough to play right side also (one of Brendan's most valued traits) do you think Johnson would actually get much game if we brought him in?

I think he'd cost around £12m, now whatever you rate Borini at in terms of money doesn't really matter much we still would be paying £12m for a back-up player rather than a starter, can't say I'd be too happy with that. We also have some young lads who look very promising who he would be pushing down that ladder and simply keeping them out of a start in the early cup games.

It's a good point mate but I'm not sure he would not necessarily be a back up or that he would be blocking the path of others. I would anticipate the squad needs to grow by 30 percent for us to have any chance of maintaining this season's form into next year. If we're playing two games a week we will need to supplement the likes of Sterling and Coutinho with comparable talent so That rules out Borini. I'm not especially sure that Johnson is any sort of a guarantee either if I'm honest but I do like him. I'm really looking forward to seeing young Suso back in the pre-season but I'm sure we will see another wide man brought in
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #1505: Apr 16, 2014 01:15:35 pm
      Come on lad, do us a favour and grab a couple of goals tonight.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1506: Apr 16, 2014 02:22:27 pm
      Come on lad, do us a favour and grab a couple of goals tonight.

Aye

This lad could do us a massive massive turn tonight and the weekend
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #1507: Apr 16, 2014 02:52:36 pm
      The question I would ask anyone who has been beating the Borini drum is to look at the drop off when he potentially comes in for one of our other players.

If Borini replaces Suarez upfront how big is the drop off in quality?
      If Borini replaces Sturridge upfront how big is the drop off in quality?
      If Borini replaces Sterling out wide how big is the drop off in quality?
      If Borini replaces Coutinho out wide how big is the drop off in quality?

For me The answer to every question is massive and that's why we need better. Anyone in favour of Borini being back n the fold at Anfield next season, would you be happy or hopeful for him to come in and replace any of these lads?

Spot on Scott.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1508: Apr 16, 2014 02:55:32 pm
      If there was ever a time for Fabio Borini to secure himself a place at Liverpool for next season, it'll be scoring the winners vs City and Chelsea. Come on Fabio!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #1509: Apr 16, 2014 03:01:59 pm
      If there was ever a time for Fabio Borini to secure himself a place at Liverpool for next season, it'll be scoring the winners vs City and Chelsea. Come on Fabio!

That would be legendary
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1510: Apr 16, 2014 03:18:08 pm
      Time for Agent Borini to step forward.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1511: Apr 16, 2014 08:05:25 pm
      Just missed a really easy chance according to Talk Sport commentary
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1512: Apr 16, 2014 08:07:06 pm
      Just missed a really easy chance according to Talk Sport commentary

Over the top comment by TalkShit as per. Hit it on the turn and wasn't a lot of the goal to aim at.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1513: Apr 17, 2014 11:23:26 am
      Winner v Chelsea please Fab lad  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1514: Apr 19, 2014 03:45:52 pm
      He will get more games next season as we will have CL, FA cup and league Cup so glad he's had a solid season, unless Sunderland offer 15mil for him he wont be going anywhere but back to Melwood this summer. Hopefully we sell Aspas
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #1515: Apr 19, 2014 07:18:13 pm
      Scored a penalty against the Chav with Sunderland on the lead 2-1 at Stamford Bridge… 5mins extra time to go though…
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1516: Apr 19, 2014 07:26:18 pm
      Anyone bad mouths Sir Borini, 10% warning:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1517: Apr 19, 2014 07:26:53 pm
      As I have always said.... I love Borini :)

Quick Reply