Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 192712 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1978: Jun 10, 2015 12:53:38 pm
      John Gibbons, Anfield Wrap, wrote about Comolli a whole back and how he seemed to have no problem shipping out players that weren't required anymore.
      You gotta love the wonderful irony in that Si.  :laugh:

Back on topic - Fabio, as it transpired, just wasn't good enough but like I said: that happens a lot to "young players, with potential" [whether they are signed by Brendan or a committee] everyone, who knows football, knows that much.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1979: Jun 10, 2015 02:22:34 pm
      Rodgers wanted him, he got him, after twelve months he proved he weren't good enough for Liverpool.

We loan him out, he hardly excels in a sh*t Sunderland side bar one or two good games towards the end of the year.

He comes back, we publicly tell him that we don't want him, we accept bids for him and allow him to talk to other clubs.

He refuses to leave.

How was he expecting game time when the manager told him at the start of the year "you're not in my plans, so we're letting you go"?  That's a surefire sign that you're not wanted at the club because the club don't think you're good enough. The club was right. He isn't good enough. He's done very little of any note in his Liverpool games. He might run around but with the ball at his feet, it's so infuriating. I don't know what wages Sunderland were offering him but I doubt it'd be as much as what he was on here and that's why, in my opinion, he stayed.

People discussing why he wasn't selected, well because he weren't good enough. Fair enough, neither are Lambert, Balotelli, Sterling (as a forward) Coutinho (as a forward) or Lallana. But I'd still pick all of them, with the exception of Balotelli, ahead of Borini.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1980: Jun 10, 2015 07:47:47 pm
      Yet he played games for us...

I agree there are many players like this, and I too get annoyed at people like that, but I think Borini genuinely wanted to fight for a place, another strong indication is his fiance being a scouser and Liverpool fan.

You should've been more specific. Though I do wonder why you are wasting your time arguing against a player you clearly hate.

We clearly don't and will never agree on Borini. I see the opposite. Though I do understand where you are coming from, but one thing I don't get is why you posted these:

Which I have to question whether it's an opinion or just pure hatred on the player because you believe he's leeching off us.

I will keep arguing against him as long as he stays here sorry.

We clearly don't see eye to eye here but fair play you stand by our opinions and I do have fun going back and forth on the topic.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1981: Jun 19, 2015 04:23:30 pm
      BORINI WANTS TO LEAVE

Liverpool forward Fabio Borini wants to leave the club this summer, according to his agent. Borini made just 12 Premier League appearances for Liverpool in the 2014-15 campaign and the Italian wants a move away from Anfield in search of more playing time.

"Fabio wants a new experience," Borini's agent Marco De Marchi said to Italian sports newspaper Corriere dello Sport. "We expected more consideration from Liverpool. There are teams from all over Europe interested in him.

"Top clubs in Europe are keen on him, from the Premier League to the Bundesliga and there also clubs in Italy, but many clubs in Italy have had coaching changes and that has slowed things down."
      Source: skysports.com
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1982: Jun 19, 2015 04:58:11 pm
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #1983: Jun 19, 2015 06:48:44 pm
      He should have left last summer when he had the chance to go.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1984: Jun 19, 2015 08:47:48 pm
      http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2498246/fabio-borini-feels-like-a-lion-in-a-cage-at-liverpool

Fabio Borini 'feels like a lion in a cage' at Liverpool - agent

A budgie in cage more like.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1985: Jun 19, 2015 09:27:24 pm
      http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2498246/fabio-borini-feels-like-a-lion-in-a-cage-at-liverpool

;D
      A cage thats had the door open for the last 2 years n all.

Borini is an example of how moneyball can get screwed up by the "human factor".
      You think you can sign young players, try them out and then move them on if they turn out not to be quite good enough, and then just repeat until you hit the jackpot.
      But what if these players decide they dont want to go?
      You end up with people who the club basically dont want eating up the wage bill and blocking the arrival of players you actually need.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #1986: Jun 20, 2015 09:20:05 am
      He should have left last summer when he had the chance to go.

Who knows maybe that £14m from the Borini sale combined with the £16m we spunked on Balotelli could have turned into a £30m bid for someone. Maybe that's another reason Brendan practically froze him out. He could have had one striker he wanted and ended up with 2 he didn't want.

Oh well Fabio can go, he certainly won't be missed.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1987: Jun 20, 2015 10:12:53 am

How can someone not even good enough to be a fox in a box possibly be a lion in a cage.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1988: Jun 22, 2015 12:41:10 pm
      no hard feelings towards the lad but we need to sell 1st July
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1989: Jun 29, 2015 08:58:27 am
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1991: Jun 29, 2015 01:32:10 pm
      would snap that 8mil offer up ASAP BR needs to be man enough to say Fab lad your not going to get one single game for us again i'm afriad mate so off you pop!

like Fabio and respect him wanting to stay and fight but it was a bad move for his development and he needs to go
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1992: Jun 29, 2015 05:07:58 pm
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1993: Jun 30, 2015 12:19:08 pm
      hope we can get this deal done or get him sold within the week as we cant afford for sales to drag on, players BR doesnt want need to be gone ASAP so there not around those he does want putting out negative vibes etc. hence why Sterling needs to be sorted this week also.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1994: Jul 21, 2015 11:36:53 am
      Fabio Borini was linked with a move to Italy, with reliable reports claiming a deal had been agreed between Liverpool and Lazio for a season-long loan with a set purchase at the end of it. Borini, though, blocked the move by demanding wages the Serie A side could not match, and they withdrew their offer.

Now, rumour has it another potential suitor has backed off Borini due to wage demands, with the Daily Mail claiming West Ham are abandoning their pursuit of the striker. Late last month, reports claimed the Hammers were lining up an £8M bid for Borini, and fans were hopeful a London destination could tempt the striker.

It appears unlikely to pan out, though, at least if the rumours are to be believed. And while it might normally be hard to believe rumours from the Mail, when those rumours are that Fabio Borini has priced himself out of a move they’re all too easy to take at face value given the 24-year-old’s stalled transfer history.

It also adds up to a situation where it’s easy to see Borini stuck at Anfield as the transfer window winds down despite that it’s been made abundantly clear to the player he isn’t in Brendan Rodgers’ plans. Last summer, a case could be made Borini was brave to stay and fight for a place. This year, there is no positive way to spin it.

If Liverpool are willing to subsidise a temporary departure, though, there could be a home for Borini with "The Chosen One" at Real Sociedad. After failing to land Danny Ings on a free when he instead signed for the Reds, rumour in Spain has Sociedad eyeing Borini as a stop-gap solution—if Liverpool will pay some of his wages.

It’s far from ideal, perhaps, but if it’s true Borini’s demands have scared off West Ham now, it could be all Liverpool are left with. At least if they don’t want to be stuck paying his entire wages for him to stick around at Anfield when he clearly isn’t wanted.

F***ing c**t.

For F***ing 2 years I've been calling him a money grabbing piece of sh*t and time and time again people defend him. Story after story after story of him rejecting people because he wants ridiculous money. Lost out on 12 million and people said it wasn't about the money for him. Lost out on 8 million and no doubt people will still jump to his defence. What is it going to take for people to open their eyes and see this slimy little b***ard for what he is.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1995: Jul 21, 2015 11:40:31 am
      Story after story after story of him rejecting people because he wants ridiculous money.

Obviously looking to get the lion's share.

:f_run:
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1996: Jul 21, 2015 11:41:45 am
      Obviously looking to get the lion's share.

:f_run:

:lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,964 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1997: Jul 21, 2015 11:49:47 am
      Fabio Borini was linked with a move to Italy, with reliable reports claiming a deal had been agreed between Liverpool and Lazio for a season-long loan with a set purchase at the end of it. Borini, though, blocked the move by demanding wages the Serie A side could not match, and they withdrew their offer.

Now, rumour has it another potential suitor has backed off Borini due to wage demands, with the Daily Mail claiming West Ham are abandoning their pursuit of the striker. Late last month, reports claimed the Hammers were lining up an £8M bid for Borini, and fans were hopeful a London destination could tempt the striker.

It appears unlikely to pan out, though, at least if the rumours are to be believed. And while it might normally be hard to believe rumours from the Mail, when those rumours are that Fabio Borini has priced himself out of a move they’re all too easy to take at face value given the 24-year-old’s stalled transfer history.

It also adds up to a situation where it’s easy to see Borini stuck at Anfield as the transfer window winds down despite that it’s been made abundantly clear to the player he isn’t in Brendan Rodgers’ plans. Last summer, a case could be made Borini was brave to stay and fight for a place. This year, there is no positive way to spin it.

If Liverpool are willing to subsidise a temporary departure, though, there could be a home for Borini with "The Chosen One" at Real Sociedad. After failing to land Danny Ings on a free when he instead signed for the Reds, rumour in Spain has Sociedad eyeing Borini as a stop-gap solution—if Liverpool will pay some of his wages.

It’s far from ideal, perhaps, but if it’s true Borini’s demands have scared off West Ham now, it could be all Liverpool are left with. At least if they don’t want to be stuck paying his entire wages for him to stick around at Anfield when he clearly isn’t wanted.

F***ing c**t.

For F***ing 2 years I've been calling him a money grabbing piece of sh*t and time and time again people defend him. Story after story after story of him rejecting people because he wants ridiculous money. Lost out on 12 million and people said it wasn't about the money for him. Lost out on 8 million and no doubt people will still jump to his defence. What is it going to take for people to open their eyes and see this slimy little b***ard for what he is.

Some fuckwits here are blaming the manager for the fraud still being on the books!!
      The only reason him and his agent still cling to the club like the F***ing leeches they are is money.
      Him and his agent are down for a massive cut in wages when he is shipped out to some struggling Prem outfit or a lower league status here or Europe.
      They both know it and prefer to sit on their arses with hands outstretched rather than have a F***ing go.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #1998: Jul 21, 2015 09:02:07 pm
      I wouldn't even let him train with the first team. Maybe use him as a ball boy to teach jim a lesson. Not sure if that is legal though.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #1999: Jul 22, 2015 01:48:39 am
      Some fuckwits here are blaming the manager for the fraud still being on the books!!
      The only reason him and his agent still cling to the club like the f**king leeches they are is money.
      Him and his agent are down for a massive cut in wages when he is shipped out to some struggling Prem outfit or a lower league status here or Europe.
      They both know it and prefer to sit on their arses with hands outstretched rather than have a f**king go.

Can you really blame him? If I had a contract with my employer and they tried to ship me off somewhere else and force me to take a pay cut I'd dig in my heels. Footballers have about a 15 year window that they can use their abilities to earn as much money as possible. I don't blame him for not wanting to take a pay cut....

It sucks that we're stuck with him, but I don't resent him for it. He's looking out for himself just like everyone else on here would.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #2000: Jul 22, 2015 02:51:34 am
      Can you really blame him? If I had a contract with my employer and they tried to ship me off somewhere else and force me to take a pay cut I'd dig in my heels. Footballers have about a 15 year window that they can use their abilities to earn as much money as possible. I don't blame him for not wanting to take a pay cut....

It sucks that we're stuck with him, but I don't resent him for it. He's looking out for himself just like everyone else on here would.

You're right, but do you think after his contract is ran up in two years, he's going to be offered the same money that is on his table right now? He wasn't even a bench warmer last season. He was virtually non existent. Add another two years of obscurity to that, he is going to be lucky to end in a Serie B, earning a fifth of what he can make for at least another couple of years at Sunderland or West Ham.

Cuntish or conservative, he is being stubborn and stupid either way.

Quick Reply