Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 192680 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #2001: Jul 22, 2015 07:15:52 am
      said he wasn't good enough when he signed.  continued to say it when he put in terrible performance after terrible performance.  said he was useless and we needed to get rid of him.  of course I got slaughtered.  "too negative, he's young," blah blah blah.

and lo and behold, I was right.

and not only is he a terrible footballer but he's got no respect for the club or himself, happy to sit around and do nothing for another season while we pay the wages we never should've given him in the first place---wages no one else will pay him because they know he's not worth it.

Think of all the money that was spent on him---his ridiculous fee, plus his wages---in the last few years.  And think of how that money could've been better spent. 

It's just shocking, the way the club is run.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2002: Jul 22, 2015 08:06:41 am
      Can you really blame him? If I had a contract with my employer and they tried to ship me off somewhere else and force me to take a pay cut I'd dig in my heels. Footballers have about a 15 year window that they can use their abilities to earn as much money as possible. I don't blame him for not wanting to take a pay cut....

It sucks that we're stuck with him, but I don't resent him for it. He's looking out for himself just like everyone else on here would.

The fact that the player massively under performs making a joke of his original fee more than justifies the ensuing repercussions any professional footballer would be subject to.
      A footballer who fails to make the grade consistently in the eyes of the coach, his team-mates and the manager is benched/plays reserve/loaned out until there is a tangible improvement in his game.

Any conscientious player would see his shortcomings and for the eventual good of the club take the measures in good spirit, striving to up his game and attain the standard required. 
      It is patently obvious Borini and his agent possess none of those qualities.

To shift any onus for the above onto any other individual is perverse and implies an agenda.
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2015 08:19:54 am by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2003: Jul 22, 2015 08:17:28 am
      Can you really blame him? If I had a contract with my employer and they tried to ship me off somewhere else and force me to take a pay cut I'd dig in my heels. Footballers have about a 15 year window that they can use their abilities to earn as much money as possible. I don't blame him for not wanting to take a pay cut....

It sucks that we're stuck with him, but I don't resent him for it. He's looking out for himself just like everyone else on here would.

Forgot to mention the fact that if any employee fails to acquit himself in line with his perceived qualification and is detrimental to the end product, he is out the door.
      Any job.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2004: Jul 22, 2015 08:59:08 am
      Some fuckwits here are blaming the manager for the fraud still being on the books!!
      The only reason him and his agent still cling to the club like the f**king leeches they are is money.
      Him and his agent are down for a massive cut in wages when he is shipped out to some struggling Prem outfit or a lower league status here or Europe.
      They both know it and prefer to sit on their arses with hands outstretched rather than have a f**king go.

It was the manager who brought him to the club!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2005: Jul 22, 2015 09:12:14 am

Thing is though Harry we weren't expecting him to take a paycut to move, both Sunderland and QPR offered him a lot more than he's on here but he wanted more than they were offering.  I think he's on about £40k a week here and they offered something like £55/60k and he wanted nearer £70k.

He said he would only move to an Italian Club, now 2 different Italian clubs have come in for him and he still doesn't want to go.  I think he just enjoys the prestige of being a Liverpool player even though he never plays. 

Personally I'd just pay up his contract and leave him too.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2006: Jul 22, 2015 09:14:30 am
      Some fuckwits here are blaming the manager for the fraud still being on the books!!

how can you not blame him?!

It just shows that Rodgers had no clue about the club when he came here.  The owners knew even less, so they just assumed that the people they hired would make the best decisions.

The issue is that Borini was NEVER going to be a Liverpool quality player.  When a manager moves up to a bigger club, his targets have to change.  Top players for top clubs.  You don't bring the same f**king player you brought to Swansea, when they were in the Championship, to Liverpool, a team trying to win the league.

But Rodgers didn't care.  He wanted to bring his small club mentality to Liverpool.  Don't forget that that summer we also tried to sign Ashley Williams, Sigurdsson, Vorm etc.  He literally tried to turn us into a small club by importing small club players.

So is it any surprise, what Borini is doing?  of course not.  The same thing happened with Downing.  They knew they had hit the jackpot, some numpties thought they were good enough to play for our club, gave them ridiculous wages.  of course they're going to take advantage of it!  "Oh, you only NOW realized I'm not good enough?  oh ok, sure, I'll go away quietly and take a paycut, no problem."  yea right.  They're getting paid above their station and they know it.  You want rid of them you have to give them the money they are rightfully owned, as per the idiotic contracts that were put in front of them.

So don't blame Borini.  Blame Rodgers, FSG and the other buffoons who were too thick to see that they were sh*te and were never going to be worthy of our great club.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2007: Jul 22, 2015 09:17:23 am
      I would have thought if he runs his contract down it will hurt him more financially having not played regular football for a couple of years, who would be willing to offer him a decent contract?
      Maybe he is just not interested in playing football anymore what with his lovely wife also earning a nice packet.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2008: Jul 22, 2015 10:34:41 am

It just shows that Rodgers had no clue about the club when he came here.  The owners knew even less, so they just assumed that the people they hired would make the best decisions.

The issue is that Borini was NEVER going to be a Liverpool quality player.  When a manager moves up to a bigger club, his targets have to change.  Top players for top clubs.  You don't bring the same f**king player you brought to Swansea, when they were in the Championship, to Liverpool, a team trying to win the league.

But Rodgers didn't care.  He wanted to bring his small club mentality to Liverpool.  Don't forget that that summer we also tried to sign Ashley Williams, Sigurdsson, Vorm etc.  He literally tried to turn us into a small club by importing small club players.

So is it any surprise, what Borini is doing?  of course not.  The same thing happened with Downing.  They knew they had hit the jackpot, some numpties thought they were good enough to play for our club, gave them ridiculous wages.  of course they're going to take advantage of it!  "Oh, you only NOW realized I'm not good enough?  oh ok, sure, I'll go away quietly and take a paycut, no problem."  yea right.  They're getting paid above their station and they know it.  You want rid of them you have to give them the money they are rightfully owned, as per the idiotic contracts that were put in front of them.

So don't blame Borini.  Blame Rodgers, FSG and the other buffoons who were too thick to see that they were sh*te and were never going to be worthy of our great club.

Don't be tiresome, that comment is assumption and speculation.
      Every manager makes mistakes - Ferguson, Dalglish whoever, nobody can predict the future therefore I can only put you in the fuckwit category in the light of your naivety and short sightedness.
      Borini is the pr**k in the ointment, sitting on his arse with his hand out unprofessionally prepared to carry on with that instead of looking to continue a playing role at a suitable level.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2009: Jul 22, 2015 10:35:53 am
      It was the manager who brought him to the club!

See below.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2010: Jul 22, 2015 11:27:49 am

So how do you just excuse the 'caged lion' comments about how Fabio is just dying to get out and play football? Then he goes and turns down any chance of playing first team? He's a hypocrite.

Look I don't disagree that he shouldn't have been signed, what a terrible decision my god. But at the same time you say 'you can't blame him'... Are you off your nut? Of course you can blame him. There is no excuse for being a c**t. He's a professional footballer, you'd think he'd want to be playing football. He is literally throwing a career he's been working on since he could walk for a couple of thousand more a week. Don't you see how sad that is? Don't you think his agent should slap him and say 'wake up kid'? Instead he's encouraging him to stay and take the money.

What kind of attitude is that? I hope he rots away in Serie B and I bet his big shot agent won't stick around with him there. BR showed faith in him, for whatever reason I don't know he's signed him a few times now for different teams... And now Borini pays him back with this display of pure apathy and greed? I suppose you think that's a normal human reaction Fed? Speaks a lot.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #2011: Jul 22, 2015 11:58:38 am
      Caged Lion my arse.If he was so willing to prove himself he would've taken a pay cut and would've worked hard instead he is asking a pay rise for doing fuckall.Joke of a signing and a player.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2012: Jul 22, 2015 12:42:32 pm
      Borini found his level at sunderland, I was pleased for the lad, but when he turned that down with the notion that he could make it at LFC after already having plenty chances to show the management what he could do, he proved the old saying 100% correct footi players are thick !  ;D
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #2013: Jul 22, 2015 12:57:32 pm
      read somewhere that
      west ham were ready to pay £8M for him but backed off after hearing what he was asking as wage packet
       what the f*ck does he want?
       he is happy earning the money while sitting a couple of times on the bench and most of the time on the terraces

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2014: Jul 22, 2015 01:48:05 pm
      I would literally just cut him loose. It's to the point where I'm annoyed he even has a player thread on the forum and that it keeps getting bumped (I'm guilty too ;D)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2015: Jul 22, 2015 01:55:19 pm
      3 years into his contract, suppose depends how long he has left, 1 or 2 max.

Mibees end up another loan deal.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #2016: Jul 22, 2015 02:11:37 pm
      Obviously only interested in money and not a career, one of the worst players ever to wear the Red shirt.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2017: Jul 22, 2015 02:44:27 pm
      Re: originally signing Borini: Fabio scored 10 in 26 for Roma the season before we signed him. That's a pretty decent strike rate, and £10.5m wasn't all that expensive either.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2018: Jul 22, 2015 04:47:20 pm
      We all had high hopes as per.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2019: Jul 22, 2015 07:35:08 pm

To be fair, it does help if he gets played.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #2020: Jul 22, 2015 11:56:35 pm
      Well in 2012/13 I remember the odd bright spark from him in the odd games and I believed he was hindered by injuries so didn't get a real groove, and I was willing to give him a chance, so when he came back from Sunderland last year, I still thought the same and believed 'hey, this lad can still do a decent job for us'.

Now? I was completely wrong and I think he's a money grabbing little sh*t of a waste of space who was obviously a massive mistake to buy.

If he doesn't leave, send him to train with the U18s, but even then that's a bad influence on the U18s. Whatever the case, we shouldn't be subsidising a bigger wage for him at another club and should let his career rot away.

He'll soon find his place in a couple of years when he's making tea and biscuits at Dagenham & Redbridge's training ground.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2021: Jul 23, 2015 08:42:38 am
      Borini's agent has been in discussion with Florentina with a view to taking Fabio off our hands:-

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/455394/Liverpool-transfer-news-Fabio-Borini-Fiorentina-talks

They have been sniffing before about Borini, loan deal is a nap.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015 10:44:59 am by stuey »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2022: Jul 23, 2015 10:48:03 am
      To be fair, it does help if he gets played.

But when he has played he has made an arse of it, like that game when he got sent off almost straight away after coming on as sub. Think that might have been the last straw with Brendan, don't think he played much after that.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015 11:04:05 am by brezipool, Reason: off »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #2023: Aug 14, 2015 09:09:11 am
      A year after he turned down a move to the Stadium of Light, Sunderland have held talks with Borini, if he claims a loyalty bonus the Trade Description people will be on his case.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/sunderland-in-loan-talks-to-re-sign-fabio-borini-from-liverpool-1-7407340

Quick Reply