Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Fantasy (American) Football League

Read 2370 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      LFC Reds Fantasy (American) Football League
      Jul 14, 2012 06:38:59 am
      Its that time of year again for some FFL.  I usually play in 2 leagues a season, generally in a free league like Yahoo, CBS or ESPN etc... casual nothing hardcore. I have been playing in Public leagues but I would prefer in starting a league with guys I know. Its better for trades and smack talk etc...

I was thinking, depending on interest, in maybe starting a 10 team league, no cost for trades or waiver pickups or any of that bullshit. It will be weekly head to head, performance based.  Maybe we could set up a pool for 1st and 2nd place. Everybody put in $10 bucks paid through Paypal at the end of the season and winner takes the pot.

If your Interested I will go and create a league online and set up a draft time and date. Then send you the log in and league info/password.

Its especially good for anyone in the UK who wants to learn about American Football and how its played and the in and outs of the sport. Not too mention its f***in' awesome, I love FFL. Especially setting up your draft.

Let me know.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2012 11:30:41 pm by Reslivo »
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Re: Interested in a LFC Reds Fantasy Fotball League...(American Football)?
      Reply #1: Jul 14, 2012 07:13:54 am
      I'm down.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #2: Jul 14, 2012 04:13:43 pm
      I'm already in two leagues, but yeah , I'd do it.  f***in addicting.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #3: Jul 14, 2012 09:00:44 pm
      OK.  I thought I would wait a few weeks and see if anyone else on the forum is interested.  I would like to get 8 teams or 10 if interest is high. I think 8 teams makes it more competitive and gives everyone a chance to get good players. When you get to many teams then it gets watered down.

So if you know anyone else on this forum who like American football or want to get into it, then FF is really a good way to learn the ins and outs of the game and keeps you interested in every game and player for the entire season.

So spread the word. If interested just post a reply and Ill PM you or post on this thread when I set up the league, password etc... I'll have it set by the start of August and before pre-season as long as we have the players.

So far we have 3 players:

1. YANK_LFC_FAN
      2. LFCbronx
      3. JC16
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #4: Jul 14, 2012 09:47:35 pm
      Any other season I'd be in but I'm going to miss 3 weeks of the season on holiday and the OH would kill me if I took the laptop with me!!!
      If you get it running succesfully count me in next year.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #5: Aug 12, 2012 01:19:01 am
      I figured I would try and bump this topic up to get some more people interested in FF. I planned on creating the league this week and draft next week.

If your interested let me know and post a reply. If I get enough people interested, it will be first come first serve.

So far we have 3 players:

1. YANK_LFC_FAN
      2. LFCbronx
      3. JC16

Quick Reply