Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Stadium of people react to lightning/thunder strike

Read 2963 times
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Stadium of people react to lightning/thunder strike
      Jul 11, 2012 04:05:55 am
      I didn't know where to put this as it's not really a "sports" topic, nor is it "funny". It's just damn interesting to watch each person's reaction  :o :o  to a massive thunderbolt hitting at a baseball game this week. Put it on fullscreen and watch the spectators behind home plate. :f_run:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120709&content_id=34759812&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

LFCexiled
      Re: Stadium of people react to lightning/thunder strike
      Reply #1: Jul 11, 2012 09:23:24 am
      You can't really tell how bad it was until you do as you say and watch the crowd and then see them running up the stairs to get out of the stadium, why is everyone so scared of thunder nowadays? Also, why does everyone now call them 'electrical storms'?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: Jul 11, 2012 09:47:05 am
      why is everyone so scared of thunder nowadays?

With it being a huge bang instead of a rumble, they might not have realised that is was thunder, I suppose.

They should have just grabbed their thunder buddies and sang...

Ted - F**k You Thunder Song HD

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3: Jul 11, 2012 10:44:33 am
      Roy Cleveland Sullivan (February 7, 1912 – September 28, 1983) was a U.S. park ranger in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. Between 1942 and 1977, Sullivan was hit by lightning on seven different occasions and survived all of them. For this reason, he gained a nickname "Human Lightning Conductor" or "Human Lightning Rod". Sullivan is recognized by Guinness World Records as the person struck by lightning more recorded times than any other human being.[1] He died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the age of 71 over an unrequited love.[2][3][4][5][6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Sullivan
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4: Jul 11, 2012 10:45:39 am
      I remember being at Anfield on the Kop during a game against Wimbledon, the kop was being rebuilt and there was no roof, there was a thunderstorm with torrential rain and I've never got so wet in my life
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5: Jul 11, 2012 10:54:28 am
      With it being a huge bang instead of a rumble, they might not have realised that is was thunder, I suppose.

They should have just grabbed their thunder buddies and sang...

Ted - F**k You Thunder Song HD

:lmao:

I've been waiting for that film for what seems like forever.

soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #6: Jul 11, 2012 02:27:35 pm
      You can't really tell how bad it was until you do as you say and watch the crowd and then see them running up the stairs to get out of the stadium, why is everyone so scared of thunder nowadays?
      In the article one of the players said he thought he saw lightning hit the top of the stadium, so many of the fans probably saw that too. And we can't really tell from a video, but the hosts each said it was the loudest clap of thunder they'd ever heard.

I watched the guy on the tractor pulling out the tarpaulin and thought I would NEVER do that after seeing lightning. I realize rubber tires supposedly protect you in a vehicle, but he was sitting in a metal tractor that had no top. No thank you.  :-\
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #7: Jul 12, 2012 12:44:08 pm
      Was fishing Lymm Dam some time ago in a thunderstorm, the lake is a good size about 15 acres and is home to a good population of wildlife including many hundreds of birds like swans, ducks, geese, cormorants etc.
      A bolt of lightening struck the lake and all the birds paddling about rose simultaneously, hovered then fluttered backdown to the water, that was crazy.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #8: Jul 12, 2012 12:52:32 pm
      Was fishing Lymm Dam some time ago in a thunderstorm, the lake is a good size about 15 acres and is home to a good population of wildlife including many hundreds of birds like swans, ducks, geese, cormorants etc.
      A bolt of lightening struck the lake and all the birds paddling about rose simultaneously, hovered then fluttered backdown to the water, that was crazy.

I'd imagine lecky up the arse would make me flutter in the air a bit too. ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9: Jul 12, 2012 09:54:06 pm
      I remember being at Anfield on the Kop during a game against Wimbledon, the kop was being rebuilt and there was no roof, there was a thunderstorm with torrential rain and I've never got so wet in my life

That's what she said.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,614 posts | 3846 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Jul 12, 2012 10:26:46 pm

Hope she lit you a cigarette afterwards.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #11: Jul 13, 2012 06:14:42 pm
      Balk  :D
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #12: Jul 13, 2012 07:45:32 pm
      Haha! Yes, didn't even think of that. Very observant.  :)

Quick Reply