Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Olympics: Basketball

Read 3357 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Olympics: Basketball
      Jul 31, 2012 05:07:44 pm
      Brazil vs Team GB at the moment. Not looking good for Brazil in the 1st quarter, but still a long way to go. Vamo Brasil!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Olympics: Basketball
      Reply #1: Jul 31, 2012 06:38:50 pm
      And Brazil won! 67-62.

;D
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #2: Jul 31, 2012 10:19:52 pm
      Watching Tunisia v USA.  LeBron James is playing.  Tunisia in front, 3-2 :D after about a minute
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: Aug 02, 2012 06:41:57 pm
      Brazil were beating Russia by a 2 points margin with only 6 seconds to go... and let them score a three pointer. f***in unbelievable. I f***in hate Leandrinho.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #4: Aug 04, 2012 12:48:58 am
      I was at the GB vs Brazil game it was great! But the Brazilians near me got kicked out because they were drunk and wouldn't stop yelling at the judges.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Aug 06, 2012 10:14:46 pm
      Brazil just beat Spain by 88-82. We're probably facing Argentina in the QF and if we can beat them (which will be extremely difficult, the Argies have a great team), we might face the USA in the semis.

In terms of which team to face in the next phase it was better to lose to Spain, and there are people saying Spain let Brazil win, but I don't care, I'm proud of this team, showing great sportsmanship and respect to the games.

Brazil has great tradition in Basketball but for too long we have been a total joke, it is really inspiring to see that we have a team to be respected once again. I take my hat off to our coach Magnano, what a legend.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #6: Aug 08, 2012 08:21:01 pm
      I'm basically talking to myself in this thread but if there is anyone out there that likes basketball, I would recommend you to watch Brazil vs Argentina... great game, huge rivalry... Argentina are by far the favorites but this Brazilian team is much better than our recent ones, we could surprise them. 1st quarter just finished, Brazil 26-23 Argentina. So nervous now!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Aug 08, 2012 08:46:11 pm
      End of 2nd quarter, Brazil 40-46 Argentina
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #8: Aug 08, 2012 09:13:23 pm
      End of 2nd quarter, Brazil 40-46 Argentina

Sounds close Diego!  Not watching at the moment, I'm talking to myself in the boxing and athletics threads :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Aug 08, 2012 09:16:42 pm
      3rd quarter is a disaster for Brazil :( Argentina opened a good advantage, I'm afraid this one is almost out of our reach now... it's a big shame, not really surprising as Argentina have what is called their "golden generation", and our team has big flaws, but it was nice to see Brazil reawakening in a sport that used to be the 2nd most popular after football but suffered decades of stagnation and mediocrity... these guys did us proud anyway. I just wish they could get back with a medal :(
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10: Aug 08, 2012 09:49:53 pm
      Actually Brazil improved a lot in the 4th quarter, got to just 3 points behind them, but a lot of mistakes cost us the game... really sad about that, I would have loved to see those guys going through. Anyway, it was great to have a Brazilian Basketball team to cheer for again, after all those years in which we barely had something we could call a team. Thanks a lot Rubén Magnano (coach).
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11: Aug 08, 2012 09:54:54 pm
      Oh, and I hope Argentina gets violently raped from behind by the Americans in the semifinal.

Quick Reply