Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 25th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W2 D1 L4

Daniel Agger (Man City)

Read 90670 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Re: Daniel Agger (Man City)
      Reply #46: Jul 30, 2012 06:47:10 pm
      Not even a £20 million offer, hes too good. Who would we buy who would be as amazing as he is

mmmmmm not sure i'd get quite as carried away as that, he's a good player but he is a little over-rated by a lot of our fan base I think. If you got a £20 million offer for a player with his injury record I think you'd have to look at it myself.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #47: Jul 30, 2012 07:13:17 pm
      mmmmmm not sure i'd get quite as carried away as that, he's a good player but he is a little over-rated by a lot of our fan base I think. If you got a £20 million offer for a player with his injury record I think you'd have to look at it myself.

This is a good point.  However, I also feel that the only real chance we have of breaking back into the top 4 this season is if Agger and Skrtel remain as our 1st choice CB pairing AND they both stay fit for most of the campaign.  CL qualification earns anywhere between 20-30M in added revenues, so in my opinion, Agger or Skrtel are worth at least that much. 

Does need to be pointed out though that Agger has only managed 105 league starts in 6 seasons....  He is injury prone, and if his back issues come back up, we may be left with a crocked player.  I don't want to sell the lad as he is one of my favorite players in the team, but every player has a value that they can be sold for.....
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #48: Jul 30, 2012 07:21:42 pm
      Apparently Agger has told Brendan he wants to go

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-shock-liverpool-with-13m-1184988

Thankfully it is only the Mirror, but I am starting to get a little concerned now.

Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #49: Jul 30, 2012 07:22:58 pm
      brilliant.... maybe we can replace him wioth titus bramble or some shyte.... thats how we roll these days isnt it?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #50: Jul 30, 2012 07:26:08 pm
      I am starting to get a little concerned now.

Definitely, no smoke without fire and various other clichés, and we've seen it sadly a few times these last few years that our "better" players have been attracted by the promise of future glory.

I love Danny Agger as a player, he has everything needed to be a world class CB, and it does look like he is starting to get over his injury record somewhat.

But I've also lost the tendency I had to get very attached to certain players, and would hope that in the worst scenario, that we would fully invest our gains in the squad.
      RJH92
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts |
      Reply #51: Jul 30, 2012 07:52:20 pm
      He didn't play against Spurs so this story comes out... coincedence?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #52: Jul 30, 2012 07:56:57 pm
      Agger is one of my favorite players and heart says I don't want to even think about seeing him playing for any other team, but I've been forcing myself to see that every player has a price, and with money being reinvested wisely, selling a player for at least as much as you value him can always end up being a good deal. Hopefully it's bullshit anyway.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,424 posts | 6420 
      Reply #53: Jul 30, 2012 08:20:24 pm
      Would really hate to see Agger go and if this has any truth to it, it would worry me because I think it would be a bad sign of possible things to come.

That being said, I don't believe it one bit.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #54: Jul 30, 2012 09:10:04 pm
      Don't believe a word of this!

Agger appears to be one of the few players these days that are truly loyal to the team in which they are at. Agger has always said of how he wants the best for the club.
      If he didn't want out during the Hodgson tenure, a time when he was unhappy with how the team was and Hodgson's style of play and even said so publicly then why would he want out now during a time of managerial change that could yet turn out to be a positive change. Agger is a player who will give a manager a chance so long as they play proper football and not just hoof the ball up field like Hodgson tried getting him to do.
      Even though our league season was totally abysmal we still won a trophy and got to another final which is encouraging so with the right signings we will have a much better season. Agger isn't motivated by money, he just wants to be part of a team that can compete and he wants that team to be us and he has always shown through his attitude and performances that he will do all he can to help the squad!

I have absolutely no concerns about Agger leaving, especially for £13 million!
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #55: Jul 30, 2012 09:24:04 pm
      Mancini and the ManCs can just F**k-OFF!
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #56: Jul 30, 2012 09:32:42 pm
      :( I hate the transfer window.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #57: Jul 30, 2012 09:37:42 pm
      I hope this is BS and BR looks after the contract as soon as possible! Agger/Skrtel are the foundations of which to build the new line out, both (Agger more so) have great ball retention and distribution and scare the hell outta most teams!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #58: Jul 30, 2012 10:45:25 pm
      What a load of sh*t, next we'll be reading is that the Spuds are after him.

Agger wanting to leave...Fcuk Off

City wanting him for 13 million pounds?? F**k right off.

Starting to pisss me off, this sh*t.  >:(
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #59: Jul 30, 2012 11:57:45 pm
      What a load of sh*t, next we'll be reading is that the Spuds are after him.

Spurs only want players we are trying to buy :D

I would be shocked and disappointed if Agger was sold off. I would have to think if a deal was to be done it would be for silly money for us to consider moving the Dane.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #60: Jul 31, 2012 12:49:09 am
      EDIT: And bollox to Citeh, £13m is an insult.

Just as a bit of an aside, £13m is reckoned to be Dagger's current market value, apparently:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/daniel-agger/transfers/spieler_22832.html  :f_doh:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #61: Jul 31, 2012 03:49:43 am
      I honestly think if we actually wanted to sell him we could get £25m+ for Dagger

How much truth is in: Barrett on The Times says LFC would consider selling Agger if they receive a big offer from City

I would hope none and I personally would be disgusted with the club if we actively sold Dagger, if he wanted to leave, then it is obviously a different story. He's stated he would never do a Torres and I have no reason to doubt him so I'm going to go with this being Man City trying to destabilise him with throwing rumours etc around and that Dagger is as happy as he said just a few weeks ago.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #62: Jul 31, 2012 05:55:31 am
      Daniel Agger... some would say 'indispensable asset'.. but that is a given.. I simply say Liverpool player.
      Nana
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #63: Jul 31, 2012 10:37:01 am
      I honestly think if we actually wanted to sell him we could get £25m+ for Dagger

How much truth is in: Barrett on The Times says LFC would consider selling Agger if they receive a big offer from City

No surprise there. Under FSG, every LFC player is for sale, if the price is right.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #64: Jul 31, 2012 11:36:38 am
      Hopefully the club can get him on a new contract but the truth of it is that if City are prepared to pay the lad silly money and the club can't match it then he will likley want out. If that's the case then dig the heels in and hold out for the silly money they usually overpay for players. If the lad wants out he wants out and there is nothing the club can do about it if it's true.

Also, I think everyone raves about him too much. He's a very good player but for me he isn't a patch on Skrtel and I've always felt his ability on the ball overshadows some of his deficiencies as a defender (I'm not saying he isn't a good defender but he isn't as good as many would have you believe).
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #65: Jul 31, 2012 11:50:47 am
      I think if Agger leaves it will be to Barca or Real M. not Citeh or any English club, but it would be a clear signal to the rest of the team that we no longer have the ambition or means to hang on to our better players. I think it is vital that we hang on to our better players like Agger at this time even if the money offered is extremely tempting. (which the citeh offer isn't ! )
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #66: Jul 31, 2012 12:37:33 pm
      I ag
      I think if Agger leaves it will be to Barca or Real M. not Citeh or any English club, but it would be a clear signal to the rest of the team that we no longer have the ambition or means to hang on to our better players. I think it is vital that we hang on to our better players like Agger at this time even if the money offered is extremely tempting. (which the citeh offer isn't ! )

I agree completely fella but the problem is that clubs like City will be tempting the lad with talk of 150k per week salaries. Studid money that I can never see LFC matching. If he turns around and says match their offer then there is only one thing to do and that is to sell the lad for a BIG fee.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #67: Jul 31, 2012 12:56:04 pm
      I ag
      I agree completely fella but the problem is that clubs like City will be tempting the lad with talk of 150k per week salaries. Studid money that I can never see LFC matching. If he turns around and says match their offer then there is only one thing to do and that is to sell the lad for a BIG fee.

The main problem with Agger is his history of injuries. He has only averaged 20 league games a season since he became first choice, 28 average in all games. Hard for us to give him the large long term contract that his ability warrents anyway. Obviously that is much less of a problem for Citeh.

If he wants to go, like you say get the big fee, but I wouldn't sell him even for the big fee if he was willing to stay.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #68: Jul 31, 2012 01:09:07 pm
      Agree about the injuries saint. But I have to say id be equally if not even more annoyed if we sold Agger then Suarez or Reina. I think he's that good and that important

Quick Reply