Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Fabio Borini or Andy Carroll?

Read 7302 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Fabio Borini or Andy Carroll?
      Reply #46: May 12, 2013 02:34:52 pm

Not at all. I was excited we signed him. He linked up play for Newcastle really well when he dropped deep. Played good passes in to forwards ahead of him. People rave on about him being just a target man good in the air but it;s not true.

Watch him at his peak. He is a terrific striker.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #47: May 12, 2013 05:22:48 pm
      Carroll.Borini has been an awfull.A player of really limited ability- couldn't score a slate.Would let him go and take Joe Allen with him.Can't see Carroll coming back tho.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #48: May 12, 2013 05:24:50 pm
      What is it with the proliferation of idiots on these boards?
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #49: May 13, 2013 06:51:52 am
      When Rodgers initially came here he had his philosophy of playing football in a certain manner but after adopting a more mixed approach which to his credit seems to be paying dividends for us, I believe he should be looking to give Carroll another go. The first goal we scored yesterday, Carroll is tailor made for those sort of opportunities and in the brief time he spent here he showed enough glimpses of good hold up play. Rather than taking a massive hit on the value of a player who is still young and has excelled wherever he has played except for us, it would make more sense to at least give him a proper chance before dismissing him as a misfit. I believe we should wait until the very end of August before deciding who should we let go as both of them should get enough opportunities in the meantime to make up the gaffer's mind.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,013 posts | 523 
      Reply #50: May 13, 2013 09:47:40 am
      Borini.

Still to see enough of him to really be sure on him, but I like his movement and he has a sharpness and intelligence about his play. I think he will score goals given a chance.

Have always felt BR is right to try and offload Carroll. As well as being a threat in the air he has a decent touch and can pick a pass as well, but his movement is really poor, wouldn't suit the game we are trying to play at all. Its not just that he's slow, which he is, he just doesn't make clever runs. At all.

Try and imagine Carroll running onto a Coutinho pass, for example.

Or imagine being Coutinho in a game were Andy Carroll was your central striker... :mad:
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #51: May 13, 2013 03:38:28 pm

Carroll tries to run onto a Coutinho pass and is too cumbersome to get there.

Borini tries to run into a Coutinho pass and with his first touch it bounces out of bounds.

Really no difference.

I choose: Sturridge.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #52: May 13, 2013 03:46:00 pm
      Borini.

Still to see enough of him to really be sure on him, but I like his movement and he has a sharpness and intelligence about his play. I think he will score goals given a chance.

Have always felt BR is right to try and offload Carroll. As well as being a threat in the air he has a decent touch and can pick a pass as well, but his movement is really poor, wouldn't suit the game we are trying to play at all. Its not just that he's slow, which he is, he just doesn't make clever runs. At all.

Or imagine being Coutinho in a game were Andy Carroll was your central striker... :mad:

Christ Almighty, the poor guy would have had no one to pass to as Carroll would inevitably be drifting in the centre circle like the rudderless ship he is so good at impersonating.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #53: May 13, 2013 03:47:43 pm
      You know who is being forgotten amidst this discussion of which sh*te Liverpool forward is the least sh*te?

Michael Ngoo.  He has been absolutely unstoppable at Hearts since he went on loan.  And he's got the best of both worlds that neither Borini nor Carroll has.  He's tall and strong like Carroll, but he's also quick and fast which Carroll isn't.  He's great in the air like Carroll (allegedly), but he's also fantastic with the ball at his feet, which Carroll didn't always show.

He's got pace and technique, which Borini doesn't have, and he can play on the wing, which Borini can't.  Oh and he's got wonderful movement, which allegedly Borini has despite the fact that twice yesterday he was caught offsides while looking straight down the line of the back four.  There's no reason why we shouldn't bring Ngoo back in pre-season and give him a run to see if he can prove himself.  He's a cracking player and given his versatility he could be our "plan B," offering what Carroll offers while not forcing us to play long-ball.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #54: May 13, 2013 03:51:41 pm
      Carroll tries to run onto a Coutinho pass and is too cumbersome to get there.

Borini tries to run into a Coutinho pass and with his first touch it bounces out of bounds.

Really no difference.

No difference whatever; both are the product of your furtive imagination.

As would every manager in the Prem.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #55: May 13, 2013 09:40:22 pm

Borini has despite the fact that twice yesterday he was caught offsides while looking straight down the line of the back four.

Actually we had 2 offsides all game and only 1 was Borini, the other was Coutinho, check your "fact"

Really no difference.

This based on around 12 games? Thought you didn't make judgements so soon?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #56: May 14, 2013 12:19:43 am
      This based on around 12 games? Thought you didn't make judgements so soon?

Erm.  You totally missed the point I was trying to make.  I have absolutely no problem making judgements after 12 games.  My judgement: Coutinho is F***ing brilliant, and Borini, well, you know. 

Anyway, wrong thread.
      kylegib
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #57: May 17, 2013 08:41:31 pm
      Would pick Carroll as I think he can still become a good striking partner with Suarez.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #58: May 19, 2013 09:58:43 am
      Personally i would have big Andy back no danger he may not be Van Persie but he's
      better than several forwards we've been linked to recently including Higuain imo.

:lmao: That's a tickler!
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #59: May 19, 2013 10:02:01 am
      What is it with the proliferation of idiots on these boards?

I heard a great quote from the owner of a Serie A side:

"The mother of idiots - she is always pregnant."
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #60: May 19, 2013 07:45:38 pm
      For me I wil sell them both of them.and buy  new striker.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #61: May 19, 2013 10:14:56 pm
      Borini. Would pick Andy if he in was in reality the physical threat that people seem to think he is. Slow to make runs and hardly ever in the right place at the right time. At least with Borini he works hard and is usually in a position to make a play.

Quick Reply