Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Reina,Agger,Skrtel,Johnson,Lucas.

Read 3192 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reina,Agger,Skrtel,Johnson,Lucas.
      Aug 03, 2012 12:41:47 pm
      Which of these players do you see still playing for LFC within the next 2 seasons?.

I cant help but think we may sell our prime assets to help Rodgers re-build our team for the future.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Reina,Agger,Skrtel,Johnson,Lucas.
      Reply #1: Aug 03, 2012 12:56:50 pm
      I think we are looking to sell one big money player so that Brendan can buy the player(s) he wants. Obviously Carroll is the prime candidate, but lack of offers or willingness on Carroll's part has stymied that one, so now it's perm any one from about 6.

I just hope it is only one!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #2: Aug 03, 2012 12:57:05 pm
      Lucas is one definate but I'm unsure about the rest
      Ollyarto
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 03, 2012 01:10:40 pm
      I wouldn't mind losing Reina now, 12 months ago I wouldn't of dreamt of saying so but felt he had an awful season myself.  Reckon he would commend a decent fee as well.

Hope Lucas stays as well as Agger. I think losing Johnson and Martin wouldn't be a huge loss....depending on the replacement in mind.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4: Aug 03, 2012 01:13:10 pm
      I wouldn't mind losing Reina now, 12 months ago I wouldn't of dreamt of saying so but felt he had an awful season myself.  Reckon he would commend a decent fee as well.

Hope Lucas stays as well as Agger. I think losing Johnson and Martin wouldn't be a huge loss....depending on the replacement in mind.

He had a bad season because we played a very deep back 4 most of the time.
      He's at his best when we play a high line, because he is foremost a sweeper/keeper.

I can't see us losing any of the names mentioned in the opening post.
      It seems to me to be another agenda thread against the owners, and just another stick to beat them with.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #5: Aug 03, 2012 01:14:13 pm
      Only sure about Lucas on that list.

If Kelly gets over his injury problems I can see Johnson going.

Agger wants to stay I think but could be forced out.

Skrtel would depend on how we are doing on the pitch, he might leave if we struggle again.

Reina might be on his way if he is sh*te like last season again.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #6: Aug 03, 2012 01:17:25 pm
      Reina, Agger, Johnson and Lucas all fit the BR style so why sell them if you're trying to build a good team around your philosophy. They are ready made for it, especially Reina as the sweeper keeper, Agger as the ball playing CB and Lucas as the anchor in the midfield 3. The one I haven't mentioned yet is Skrtel, who, despite last season, I would consider selling for a big fee, depending on the replacement we could get, and what spare funds the sale would generate to go toward further signings.

Ollyarto
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 03, 2012 01:18:54 pm
      He's at his best when we play a high line, because he is foremost a sweeper/keeper.

It seems to me to be another agenda thread against the owners, and just another stick to beat them with.

Granted, but his confidence isn't as bulletproof as I once thought. If that carries over into this season then he'll most likely misjudge when to come and sweep and let a few more soft goals in.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and if he stays great. I'm just saying I wouldn't be gutted.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #8: Aug 03, 2012 02:33:44 pm
      All of them.
      BC231979
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 03, 2012 07:02:22 pm
      It's not a bad spine is it?

Who could adequately replace them?

Replacements for big players hasn't been LFC's strong point

Alonso and Torres to name two
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Aug 03, 2012 07:21:15 pm
      None when we regroup and get back to where we belong
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Aug 03, 2012 08:07:27 pm
      We should be trying to keep all those guys. Not getting rid to 're-build' with Allen's and F***ing Dempsey's ...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Aug 04, 2012 09:55:14 am
      Lucas is one definate but I'm unsure about the rest

What makes you so sure George?, Lucas fits the Rodgers revolution to a tee, i agree with those who think Adam is a more suitable candidate for pastures new, alongside Dirk,Aquilani and Maxi who have left already, Carra will be a stayer because of his vast experience and for his coaching ambitions,otherwise he would have been going also, Bellers might go yet and Cole i'm not entirely convinced Brendan sees him as a regular starter,

anyhoo, i guess we will all know in about 27 days time.

IBWT      YNWA
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #13: Aug 04, 2012 09:56:18 am
      they are all sellable assets. i wouldn't like to lose any of them but glen would be on big wages and the centre backs would command decent fees. don't really see any of them going this season at least.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14: Aug 04, 2012 10:07:28 am
      Always had a belief the past year that we should just cash in on Glen Johnson. I've always have really liked the look of Martin Kelly at right back and on his day he is much better than Glen and is in fact one of the best defenders in England. Glen Johnson is just too unreliable for me. We could sell him for 13-16m and we wouldn't feel a great loss.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Aug 04, 2012 10:19:27 am

Why in the name of f**k would you want rid of Pepe,one of the best stoppers on the planet, and who would you replace him with ? admittedly he had a pretty average season but you can add any another 10 who fall into the same category, behave fella, not exactly a confidence booster for the forth coming season ridding the club of our best keeper is it, your not a wum, are ya ?

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #16: Aug 04, 2012 10:46:06 am
      Pepe maybe ,the rest I would be surprised unless someone offers silly money
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #17: Aug 06, 2012 01:16:20 pm

So you're saying if he'd played as a sweeper/keeper, it would have improved his shot stopping? I don't buy that excuse at all. Reina was poor last season, I don't think that's relevant at all.

Quick Reply