Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

So who are we trying to loan ?

Read 8369 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      So who are we trying to loan ?
      Aug 03, 2012 11:16:40 pm
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/03/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-luis-suarez

Luis SuĆ”rez accused Team GB fans of a 'total lack of respect' after Uruguayā€™s elimination from the Olympic Games in Cardiff where jeers interrupted their national anthem. Photograph: Richard Sellers/Sportsphoto/Sportsphoto Ltd./Allstar
      Brendan Rodgers has told Luis SuƔrez it is in Liverpool's best interests to "move on" from the Patrice Evra controversy as the Uruguayan prepares for his return to the squad next week.

SuƔrez accused Team GB fans of a "total lack of respect" after Uruguay's elimination from the Olympic Games in Cardiff, where jeers interrupted their national anthem when the Liverpool striker appeared on the big screen and accompanied his every touch. His team-mate for club and country, SebastiƔn Coates, said criticism had "gone too far" for a player who received an eight-match ban for racially abusing the Manchester United defender last season.

Liverpool had attempted to draw a line under the episode, issuing several apologies after SuƔrez failed to shake Evra's hand at Old Trafford in February, only for the 25-year-old to protest his innocence and criticise his treatment in England in interviews when at home this summer. Rodgers fears the Olympic Games have shown the Evra saga remains a distraction for SuƔrez and, while fully supportive of Liverpool's key forward, someone the club are trying to secure on a new long-term contract, he is keen it does not detract from their first season together.

"The first point is that opposition fans only give people stick because they're good players," said the Liverpool manager. "You don't see bad ones getting it. Luis probably still feels a little bit of injustice about last season, but for me the message is that we have to move on. We have to move forward. What's happened has happened and let's let it go now, however hard it is. We want to be winning games and doing our best for the football club."

Uruguay's early elimination from the Olympics means SuƔrez and Coates will return to Liverpool ahead of Thursday's Europa League third qualifying round, second leg against FC Gomel. Rodgers, whose side secured a fortunate 1-0 first leg win in Belarus on Thursday, expects the striker to make a swift impact.

"It will be fantastic to have Luis coming back, and he is already fighting fit. He will have a couple of days off and join up with us after the weekend. He's been playing games, so he will already be up to a decent level of fitness, maybe even higher really, because he's had more competitive games. I'm really looking forward to working with him," he said.

Rodgers hopes to add to his squad next week after Alberto Aquilani was finally removed from the wage bill having completed a permanent move to Fiorentina. The Italian midfielder was signed for Ā£17m in 2009 as a replacement for Xabi Alonso but struggled with injury in his first season and was loaned to Juventus and Milan in his latter years with the club. Aquilani made only nine league starts for Liverpool and Rodgers is keen to sign the Swansea City midfielder Joe Allen after his involvement in the Olympics. Rodgers has confirmed he is also looking to the loan market to rejuvenate his squad.

The Liverpool manager said: "There is nothing imminent just yet, not that I am aware of, but hopefully things will progress over the next couple of days. It may take one or two moves to spark everything off. I want players in sooner rather than later, it is important to get the group together as quickly as possible, but if not we will just have to be patient. I'd be happy as long as we have some in before the end of August.

"I have also looked at one or two loan deals from abroad. There are some quality players in that market that I have inquired about. The make-up of the group will change before the season starts and that will change the dynamic of the team also."

Rodgers denied the exclusion of Andy Carroll and Daniel Agger from Liverpool's trip to Belarus was connected to doubts over their futures at Anfield. The Dane's agent, Per Steffensen, has denied claims Agger has been approached by Liverpool over a new contract.

The Liverpool manager added: "Daniel was always going to stay behind. We have a behind-closed-doors game for him this weekend to help his match fitness. It is straightforward with Andy too. I didn't want senior players coming over if they weren't going to get games. He is another who stayed at home to work on his condition."
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: So who are we trying to loan ?
      Reply #1: Aug 03, 2012 11:21:31 pm
      Sahin, Villa, Kaka, Sakho, Cuenca ???
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #2: Aug 03, 2012 11:27:03 pm
      Maybe Jovetic , the club should have looked for it as part of the Aqualani deal.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 04, 2012 12:14:30 am
      Maybe Jovetic , the club should have looked for it as part of the Aqualani deal.

Is he a realistic loan option? Without knowing too much I wouldn't have thought they would be keen to loan him out.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 04, 2012 12:15:58 am
      Sahin I believe would be available on loan tho I would have thought he would go to a Champions League qualifier. Would love him at Anfield.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #5: Aug 04, 2012 12:23:39 am
      Been a while since we have had a first team player come in on a loan. Should be interesting if it does happen.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6: Aug 04, 2012 12:29:42 am
      Gonzalo HiguaĆ­n please  :P
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #7: Aug 04, 2012 12:31:56 am
      Sahin I believe would be available on loan tho I would have thought he would go to a Champions League qualifier. Would love him at Anfield.

Yeah but I don't know if he will be the same as he was at Dortmund. He only played in 4 games last season. Who knows if he still has that quality that oozed out of him 2 seasons ago.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #8: Aug 04, 2012 12:36:40 am
      Tello,Cuenca,Adebayor,Villa, ?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #9: Aug 04, 2012 01:03:58 am
      Come on guys, already said this one is so obvious.

*Quality!

*Recently moved and unsettled!

*Trying to kick start his career again!

*High wages

Alberto Aquilani!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10: Aug 04, 2012 01:08:14 am
      The clever and only option is to loan players in if we want to attract top players to the club. Quite simply we're not going to buy them in.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: Aug 04, 2012 01:25:33 am
      Theres a few quality players out there struggling to get a game for their club. Sahin from Real, Pedro from Barca, Villareal is a decent option as their best players may want to stay with them without having to play this coming season in the second tier. Obviously can't bring in Rossi through injury or Nilmar who's moved now though. Inter may want to loan Coutinho out again too. PSG have the likes of Sakho, Gameiro and Menez who may struggle for games with Thiago Silva, Lavezzi and Ibrha bought in.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Aug 04, 2012 07:41:52 am
      Torres  :f_tongueincheek:  ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #13: Aug 04, 2012 09:54:59 am
      The news is out he is being sent on loan to Hartlepool.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #14: Aug 04, 2012 10:06:38 am
      It would make sense to try and bring in some big players on a season long loan.  If we dont have the funds available to get everyone in, loan moves could be the way forward.  Give us the edge in pushing for a good solid finish in BR first season.

And if we get in the CL or win the PL then it will of paid off and we will reap the rewards as the money starts to flow back into the club and players will want to come and play for us and join the revolution.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Aug 04, 2012 11:32:01 am
      So this is what we are at now loaning players. It wasn't even this bad under hicks and gillette.

Fsg have dumbed down expectations so much now people seem genuinely excited by this.

Im expecting Fsg to announce an arrangement with Barcelona where we take there young players and fringe players to give them experience like big clubs do with lesser teams like the one utd have with that team in Belgium.

Maxi Kuyt Aureilo Aquilani probably Carroll and possibly Bellamy leaving and we are talking about looking for loan deals. Pathetic stuff but im starting to expect this from the owners.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 04, 2012 11:43:52 am
      Been a while since we have had a first team player come in on a loan. Should be interesting if it does happen.
      .    I think Mascherano was the last player of any quality to come in on loan. 5 years ago! I think it's a great way of try before you buy. Nothing to lose really as the wages could be supplemented by the other club. I'd like to see someone like Adam Johnson or Gonzalo Higuian arrive.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #17: Aug 04, 2012 12:22:33 pm
      So this is what we are at now loaning players. It wasn't even this bad under hicks and gillette.

Fsg have dumbed down expectations so much now people seem genuinely excited by this.

Im expecting Fsg to announce an arrangement with Barcelona where we take there young players and fringe players to give them experience like big clubs do with lesser teams like the one utd have with that team in Belgium.

Maxi Kuyt Aureilo Aquilani probably Carroll and possibly Bellamy leaving and we are talking about looking for loan deals. Pathetic stuff but im starting to expect this from the owners.

The fact that H&G nearly took our great club to the cleaners and left it in a right state.  I would rather FSG did not go nuts and put us into the situation H&G did.  If this means buying 4 players (approx 40 mill) and loaning one or 2 top class players, i think that is a quality move, we probably wont have to pay alot in % of there wages and then we can get 1st dibs on them if they shine.

It may look like we are being stingy in the money aspect, but we are not owned my Russan Oil Magnets or Oil rich Arabs.

Things is as well we have be stung in the transfer market a few times, what with Downing etc, so it would be good to know that if they did not perform we could send them back and it will not of cost us a small fortune.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 04, 2012 12:28:29 pm
      can not understand when people say upto five players leaving, yes there is i no, but how many games did fabio and alberto play last well even 2 years for us
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #19: Aug 04, 2012 12:38:04 pm
      I've no problem with loan deals myself, for me the manager has to make the best use of his resources.

If it came down to buying Darrean Bent outright or getting Higuain on loan which would you say was the smarter move ?

I don't think is a ploy by FSG, I fully believe this is an area Rodgers has looked at where he can bring in the quality he needs, whilst not impacting on his budget to the degree where he can not address other area's.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #20: Aug 04, 2012 12:39:25 pm
      If you where buying a car, would you walk into the dealer ship and just hand over the money for the car, or would you ask for a test drive.  When buying a house, you would look round if first before making a decision.

All BR is doing is looking at players who may be available on loan, but not for sale, and then take them on for a year.

NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #21: Aug 04, 2012 12:41:10 pm
      I've no problem with loan deals myself, for me the manager has to make the best use of his resources.

If it came down to buying Darrean Bent outright or getting Higuain on loan which would you say was the smarter move ?

I don't think is a ploy by FSG, I fully believe this is an area Rodgers has looked at where he can bring in the quality he needs, whilst not impacting on his budget to the degree where he can not address other area's.

Fully agree with you there mate.

There are a lot of quality players available on loan, a few from RM, and BR is good mates with JM.  So maybe they will do some business. 
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #22: Aug 04, 2012 12:42:28 pm
       It's a good idea for me. Look at Spurs last season, they finished in the top 4 and Adebayor made a big contribution there. I'd be more than happy if we could get such a deal.

EDIT: Even better if it could be with the option of making it permanent.

Quick Reply